State: Ohio Product: Lowes Customer Care Clear all filters (11 of 481 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Lowes in Green, Ohio - Not good

we were getting drywall loading it our self two workers walked by didnt even asked if we need help. this store is at akron ohio arlington street .we will not go back went there for a few years know .they would rather walk around talking to each other than helping customers.you have cameras all you have to do is look at the tapes.who ever your forman is isnt doing there job

You are shopping at a big box self service store. What do you expect.

Why don't you go to your local full service lumber yard if you want someone to load your product for you?

Sure, you may pay a little more but do you expect the people that are there to load your product for you to work for nothing? It was your choice to shop at a big box store to save a few bucks so you really have no reason to complain.

@Anonymous

they are payed to help you.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Your people dont help
  • Your people dont help they walk around talking to each outher

Lowes in Columbus, Ohio - Customer service

Jim at the Polaris store is the best! He is usually always on the floor to help me as the customer.... not behind a counter or desk. Jim will help you find what you need with pinpoint accuracy. If there is any questioning about alternative products Jim has competent suggestions also. When shopping Lowes be sure to see Jim, the big guy with the smile, Jim is like the Alexa app of Lowes! Don't ask Alexa, ask Jim!! A plus customer service !!!
Good customer service

Lowes in Steubenville, Ohio - Missing room rugs

3.2
Paid for two large room rugs on Dec 12th, went back to pick up for they were Christmas gifts, and was told they were no longer there at pick up counter. The employee was not concerned period and very unprofessional, however I was truly upset. Called store manager he checked on my purchase and again I was told they are not in store. I told him then one of two things happened an employee took them or they were sold again. I also told him I want to get two more rugs for the same price for these were gifts. Was told I couldn’t. From what I’ve been told this happens often at this store
#1622023

The only way to be 100% sure you will have a gift or any product when you need it is to buy it early and TAKE IT HOME. There are far too many things that can happen to a product left at the store.

With as many different people working in a store as there are it's easy for a product to get put back on the shelf in error. Next time, save a trip, and take your purchase home when you buy it.

Order processing issue

Lowes in Tipp City, Ohio - Poor workmanship

8 years ago a Lowes contractor put a 25 year roof on our home. It leaked and the vents had to be redone. They extended the shingles down so far I could not get my hand in to clean the spouting. Recently a whole section of the roof came loose and slid to the ground. An inspection showed cracks all over the roof where other slides were starting. After contacting the store, then corporate we got no help. They would no even come to look at the problem. I will never buy there again. Gail Stickelman

Obviously they contract to the cheapest contractors in town. I'm sure you were super excited about that couple thousand dollar cheaper price for materials and labor. You get what you pay for.

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Quality
  • Customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Mount Vernon, Ohio - Did not get rebate on major purchase

Followed rebate instructions, recievved notice that purchase did not qualify. Sent original receipt with purchase highlighted, no response.
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Lowes in Cincinnati, Ohio - Don’t hire Lowe’s to install anything!

1.9
My location is so incompetent. I can't believe the problems that I have had. I hired Lowes to install a storm door and there has been no communication and the store is calling me asking who their contractor is. I have no idea. I have called the store numerous times and used the texting feature, I texted with Jenna and then Faith and the were no help. I spoke with store manager Brain and all he did was push the issue off on someone named Brenda. I can't get ANYTHING solved. My next step is to hit social media and then maybe something will be done. If not then at least I hopefully can stop this from happening to someone else.
#1519561

A few steps to consider contacting new CEO Marvin.Ellison@lowes.com. Contact Lowe’s Excutive Customer Care.

You can definitely use social media. We have been living in a hotel for 39 days now thanks to Lowe’s. Be sure to report to BBB.

When you get the name of the contractor makes sure he is licensed in your state and can show you proof of insurance before he starts the work. Good Luck!Follow our story twitter- @cropjester IG #weboughtawasher

#1519387

My Mom, a senior living in PA, paid for Lowe's to install Stainmaster carpet. She examined carpet b4 being removed from truck...was the wrong one!

She ordered the best quality and they sent a less superior type. She refused delivery and now waiting to reschedule.

#1519433
@RMitch

I’m so sorry that happened to your mom, it seems they like to take advantage of us seniors. We save our money and get excited for something new and then this happens.

I hope they make it right for your mother. So far I have not had anyone reach out to me to make it right.

Mt Moriah is the WORST!!

View more comments (3)
1.5
Customer service is non existent! Lowes just takes your money and then your on your own. I want to thank Mia England Lowes liaison of confusion talking to a lamp post yields more understanding. Bathroom install week 1. Crew came in Tuesday cleared out old tub and doors...
Order processing issue

Lowes in Steubenville, Ohio - Poor service

4.1
We went to buy more paint and the man was busy so a lady came to Help us she took the lid to our paint to look for the kind of paint she needed to mix I kept watching her she walked around the paint dept for 30 minutes for her to come back to the counter and tell us they was out of the paint she did say they was expecting 40 gallons in but she didn’t know when we always shop Lowes never have had a problem like this before we was at Lowes in Stubenville,Ohio Thank you DiAnn Davis 981 May Roadd East Liverpool,Ohio 43920 330-831-3525

What exactly are you complaining about? Are you upset that an employee from another department came to help you and took a little longer than someone that worked in the department would or that they were out of stock on the paint you needed?

I don't know that either is a valid complaint.

At least someone came to help rather than letting you stand there and wait. Stores also run out of items from time to time.

Lowes Card In Store Credit

3.5
I purchased a In Store Lowes Card from an individual in desperate need of money. The cash redemption machine inside a Giant Eagle Grocery Store wasn't working. The man told me he was a single farther and had his daughters in tow. Told me the machine wasn't working and needed money to buy them food. The Card value was $63.00 and the card redemption machine machine offered him $37.00. I confirmed the machines scanner was broken and he could not complete the transaction. I reviewed the card and the card says gave him the $37.00. I thought i was helping someone along with being frugal at the same time. My hopes was to start purchasing Lowes gift Cards each month to use towards the purchase of a new refrigerator. Note: The card does state Non Transferable Id (may) be required for use. Disclaimer May be required. The women at the front counter told me that i purchased the card from someone who stole the merchandise from a Lowes Store and was returning the items to buy drugs. She called them tweeker's. I said to her. Your presuming that customers returning merchandise without a receipt are all drug users. I told her i return items all the time without receipts. She told me that they are watching me and that i to will be eventually cut off. I told her that i don't use drugs and asked who she thought she was to pass judgement on anyone. She told me that people that receive In store Credits resell them for cash to purchase crack. So i asked her when did Lowes become judge and jury and turning their backs on drug users. I was always thought to help out our fellow man. So if you help someone you get penalized. you cant use the credit and Lowes stuffs the unused credit into their pockets as profit. I'm guessing that i will not be purchasing my new refrigerator from Lowes. I've been remolding my 101 year old home and have spent a minimum of $10,000.00 to $15,000.00 in materials from Lowes over the past 8 years. Please excuse my unstructured sentences and spelling errors. I'm not as smart as the Lowes store employees at Lowes Brooklyn, Ohio 44144. However, the store manager Bill Micklos has been extremely accommodating in the past. In the mean time I'm taking my business to Home Depot also located in Brooklyn, Ohio and awaiting the opening of a new Menard's yet to be built. Help people don't punish them. Sincerely Mr. G Wolf Brooklyn, Ohio 44144

i had the same thing happen to me. My son gave me a Lowes In Store credit/debit card.

My son returned merchandise without a receipt. lows said they would not give him cash but instead a Lowes In store credit/debit card. When i went to use it they asked for my drivers licence. Because my drivers licence number didn't match my sons i could not purchase my items.

I had to wait and go to the store with my son. I truly feel your pain and i to will no longer shop Lowes. Not everyone returning product without a receipt is a thief. I'm guessing less then !% of Lowes consumers are thief's.

And isn't this the job of loss prevention and in store security's job to catch the thief's.

They cashier made me feel extremely uncomfortable. I've taken my business back to the local Ace Hardware store and mom and pop stores where the owners know me.

This was not a stolen card. It was a Lowes debit card titled In Store Credit.

If a consumer returns a product such as a Birthday gift without a receipt you will receive a In Store Credit Card and not cash. This is nothing more then a cash cow for Lowes. And it prevents the merchandiser owner from selling his or her In Store Debit Card. A bit unreasonable to the consumer.

Because someone returns merchandise without a receipt shouldn't be labeled a thief. And shouldn't be accused of steeling merchandise. I agree with the cash cow ideology.

Another fortune 500 big brother move. Shop Menards.

Anomomous , your as bad as the Lowes office manager. You think everyone who returns merchandise without a receipt is a drug user and steels merchandise.

Its a Lowes In Store Credit . Lowes gave the previous owner who returned merchandise a Lowes in store debit card. This was not stolen merchandise buta store credit

You do know that receiving stolen property is a crime don't you? You just admitted to committing a crime against Lowe's and now you are pissed off at them? That's insane!

HUH? They don't want to use a stolen card and you are PISSED at THEM? What planet are you from?

Gregory J
@Anonymous

Sorry if you miss understood. It was not a stolen credit card.

It was a Lowes In-Store Debit/Card for merchandise returned to Lowes with out a receipt. If you return an item at Lowes with out a receipt you are given a In Store Debit card. Only the person returning the merchandise can use the card. Lowes attaches the card to your drivers licence.

If you daughter ,son, friend or relative gave you the card you would not be able to use it. And no cashier or office manager should accuse any consumer of theft unless they can prove it. Seriously, i learned a lesson. i will always help someone in need.

However, i will never shop at a Lowes Store. Maybe you should buy something from Lowes and then take it back without a receipt. You will then be labeled the drugie and thief. Oh, and if you return too many items without a receipt.

Lowes will cut you off from returning any items. Have a nice day.

@Gregory J

A lowes gift card looks different than a card issued for store credit when you return a product without a receipt. Yes, honest people who can't keep track of their receipts or otherwise prove they purchased the product will get these but so will the thieves who are returning stolen merchandise for credit.

Either way they are given to people who can't prove they actually paid for the product they returned. In a effort to discourage theft store credit is given, rather than a cash refund. Selling these cards to people like you defeats the purpose of the card. In essence you are giving them cash for a card they got for returning product they may not have paid for.

Good fo Lowes for not honoring the card without proper identification. We don't need people supporting thieves.

View more comments (7)
Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • Selection
  • Convenience
  • Location
Loss

All Lowes Contacts

Lowes Reviews

Lowes reviews

Do not buy from Lowes

I purchased an expensive refrigerator cartridge from lowes recently and was unable to return it without a reciept. I paid cash for it and apparently they have no way of tracking it. The clerk said there was a block on my ID to return this type of item. She indicated that these things many times are stolen. Its their Corporate policy not to accept the return. Way to go Lowes Corporate. I will not return out of principle. To infer that i stole the item completely unacceptable and maybe actionably.

This is a common policy at many retail stores. You are the problem, not Lowes.

It isn't their fault you couldn't hang on to the receipt. Stores have to protect themselves from shoplifters who try to return the products they stole. People who actually pay for the products they are taking out of the store will have a receipt. A shoplifter never will.

The only way to protect themselves from the thieves is to limit returns on high price items and the quantity of no receipt returns a person can make.

They also do not return cash without a receipt, only store credit and usually for the lowest sale price an item sold for. In the future, hang onto your receipt, if in fact you got one, and avoid the problem of returning products without a receipt.

Compared to other retailers, Lowe’s is fairly lenient on their return policy. If you pay cash, there is no way to tie the purchase to you without a receipt.

However they will take take the return in good faith, in order to accomodate the customer, with the showing of your ID.

The only way they will put a “block on an ID” is if there are multiple returns without a receipt, they search the records and find discrepancies.

While you are at it, take action against me. Will go just as far. You are incompetent if not a crook.

@Anonymous

Anonymous. Just an Internet troll.

Likely the incompetent employee that did not help. The customer is always right. Many times even when they are wrong.

You know noting about the situation. Troll along now.

@Anonymous

Customer is always right went away 50 years ago. Get into the correct century.

View more comments (4)