Refrigerator nightmare | Lowes review from Springfield City, Ohio

My wife purchased a Samsung refrigerator on June 20/2019, was to b delivered on 6/21, refrigerator arrived damaged, had to refuse, while here delivery guy measured our opening & determined would fit thru. Had to wait 3 days for another.this time a different delivery guy came & said it would not fit thru opening( I think he was full of crap) so no frig again! Wife went back picked out another frig to be delivered on 6/27, we received a call stating frig was damaged & would not be delivered, DONE with Lowes! Never fo business w them again!!!!!!
Stop delivering damaged goodd

Delivery | Lowes review from Twinsburg, Ohio

06/21/2019 Ordered $480 worth of decking plus delivery fee. Told date of delivery was one week later. Anywhere from”8-8” but could not be more specific. Had two workers ready. Never contacted. I called close to deadline asking what was going on. Called back by employee. Advised manager and supervisor “on conference call” they can’t speak to you. Told they made mistake can deliver in three days, “that’s all we can do” cost me money. Worst customer service ever. 25 year customer. I will never return to this place again. I will be sure to share with social media
Lowes Delivery Service
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes Streetsboro, OH

1.5
I was at Lowe’s in Streetsboro late yesterday afternoon. Based on my experience, I totally understand why Lowe’s sales decline. I walked out their door, disapointed they didn’t want my $8,000! My intent was to purchase a new refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, and carpeting for 3 rooms. I walked around their appliance dept. for a minimum of 10 minutes. There were 2 employees at the appliance kiosk. One spoke with a patron for a few minutes. Another was facing my direction but reading something intently, or looking at his phone. Not once did either offer to assist me. As I proceeded to walk out the door I very politely but loudly announced my exit. I said ‘Attention please, since it is obvious, Lowe’s does not need or want my money, I am leaving for Home Depot where I will gladly hand over my $8,000 in return for goods of which I seek today.’ One employee offered for me to speak to the manager. I shouldn’t have to go through a manager to get service, let alone decent service! I come from a background of servicing people, customers, people who come back afterward for more of the same. It sure was lacking here! On my way to Home Depot, I called back to Lowe’s and asked to speak to the manager. I explained what had occurred a few minutes earlier and where I was headed now. The manager says ‘I will look into it.’ He never once tried to rectify the situation and offer to make it right. I was expecting something like ‘allow us to make it right.’ Or ‘Please return to our store and we’ll offer a discount to make up for the poor experience.’ He really had very poor customer service skills. He didn’t really care, like the rest of his employees. I happily spent my wad at Home Depot. Lowe’s closing stores? Understandably so!!! Shrug

So you went to a "self-service home improvement center". never ASKED anyone for help, and then got pissed and went to another "self-service home improvement center" down the street.

All to save a few bucks over the local full service places.

Brilliant! Just....BRILLIANT!

Lowes Manager
No customer service

Missing room rugs | Lowes review from Steubenville, Ohio

3.2
Paid for two large room rugs on Dec 12th, went back to pick up for they were Christmas gifts, and was told they were no longer there at pick up counter. The employee was not concerned period and very unprofessional, however I was truly upset. Called store manager he checked on my purchase and again I was told they are not in store. I told him then one of two things happened an employee took them or they were sold again. I also told him I want to get two more rugs for the same price for these were gifts. Was told I couldn’t. From what I’ve been told this happens often at this store
#1622023

The only way to be 100% sure you will have a gift or any product when you need it is to buy it early and TAKE IT HOME. There are far too many things that can happen to a product left at the store.

With as many different people working in a store as there are it's easy for a product to get put back on the shelf in error. Next time, save a trip, and take your purchase home when you buy it.

Lowes Customer Care
Order processing issue

Resolved: Special order sat in store until I called to question why delivery was late | Lowes review from Trotwood, Ohio

3.2

Update by user Jun 17, 2018

The local Lowes store was able to deliver on the 16th, apparently as an extra delivery for that day.

Update by user Jun 17, 2018

A short update. After filing a complain through their customer service, the store called me and - magically - the decking material did fit on their box truck and they could deliver it on the 16th as promised.

Amazing that the materials suddenly could fit when I was told they would not.

But, I give credit to the store to make things right and provide me the materials when I was promised, and happily I did not need to waste any vacation days. So, a big thank you to the store for making the effort to meet the original commitment.

Original review posted by user Jun 16, 2018

I needed to special order decking materials, and Lowes sent me an email with a delivery date of June 16 - not to the store, but to me. The local store was to receive it June 14. When I called to ask where I was in the expected delivery - I was told that it would not be the 16th, but the 19th was the soonest. Evidently it was not scheduled for delivery at all - until I called. When the special order arrived on the 14th, the store did nothing, no call to schedule or confirm - but waited on me to call to ask where it was. When I called Lowe's customer service - they said since the material was at the store already - they could do nothing but send a complaint to the store. So, no one at Lowes seems to want to make this right, or at least offer something for my giving up two vacation days without materials that I cannot get back - wasted. Just an "I'm sorry" and you will have to wait until the 19th. This is unacceptable and poor business process - the company promises delivery, but the local store not only does not deliver, but never even scheduled it. Back to Home Depot I go.
Resolved
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Delivery service did not show up when scheduled
  • How they have handled this situation
Problem with delivery
Price reduction

Resolved: Improvement is needed! | Lowes review from Columbus, Ohio

3.0

Update by user Aug 21, 2018

Manager was able to locate a replacement (new) and delivered the new one in a short period. All parties are satisfied at this point.

Update by user Aug 07, 2018

I have been contacted by Lowe's corporate and they are working on a solution at this time. I also stopped in at the local store to get the straight story since they failed to call yesterday 08/06/18 as promised.

The item has been discontinued I was told and they would work with me to satisfy our purchase agreement with them. It is unfortunate that I had to take time out of my day to get an answer to my issue.

I hope that moving forward they will recommit to a quality customer care in the future to avoid such issues as this. All we ask is to have a resolved issue and honesty in communications.

Original review posted by user Aug 06, 2018

Received a damaged washing machine which was purchased new out of the box on 7/31/18 and after contacting the support team we were assured we would get another one to exchange. We did on 8/5/18 and it was also damaged from paint. Delivery team showed us a form stating we had purchased the floor model. Not true! We contacted the store and spoke to the assistant manager who assured we would be contacted on 8/6/18 with another date for delivery and an answer to why they brought out the floor model. Well, you can already come to the conclusion that no-one bothered to speak with us. We have shopped for all of our big purchases at the Lowe's in the Easton shopping center on Morse Crossing and we are disappointed by the poor service they have shown us. All we want is what we originally paid for, which was a brand new washer.
Resolved
Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Customer service
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Tags
  • customer servive

Don’t hire Lowe’s to install anything! | Lowes review from Cincinnati, Ohio

1.9
My location is so incompetent. I can't believe the problems that I have had. I hired Lowes to install a storm door and there has been no communication and the store is calling me asking who their contractor is. I have no idea. I have called the store numerous times and used the texting feature, I texted with Jenna and then Faith and the were no help. I spoke with store manager Brain and all he did was push the issue off on someone named Brenda. I can't get ANYTHING solved. My next step is to hit social media and then maybe something will be done. If not then at least I hopefully can stop this from happening to someone else.
#1519561

A few steps to consider contacting new CEO Marvin.Ellison@lowes.com. Contact Lowe’s Excutive Customer Care.

You can definitely use social media. We have been living in a hotel for 39 days now thanks to Lowe’s. Be sure to report to BBB.

When you get the name of the contractor makes sure he is licensed in your state and can show you proof of insurance before he starts the work. Good Luck!Follow our story twitter- @cropjester IG #weboughtawasher

#1519387

My Mom, a senior living in PA, paid for Lowe's to install Stainmaster carpet. She examined carpet b4 being removed from truck...was the wrong one!

She ordered the best quality and they sent a less superior type. She refused delivery and now waiting to reschedule.

#1519433
@RMitch

I’m so sorry that happened to your mom, it seems they like to take advantage of us seniors. We save our money and get excited for something new and then this happens.

I hope they make it right for your mother. So far I have not had anyone reach out to me to make it right.

Mt Moriah is the WORST!!

View more comments (3)
Lowes Customer Care
Poor customer service

Anyone but Lowe's for your kitchen renovation | Lowes review from Painesville, Ohio

I will state the facts without profanity or mentioning any names when detailing our nightmare renovation with Lowe's. Workmanship of cabinetry and installation are far below standard. We have been ignored for months by Lowe's representatives and we are currently on our 5th project coordinator. All 5 coordinators worked at the main office in Indianapolis and had no clue about us or our renovation in Ohio. We were left feeling very helpless when issues came up. We are so sorry that we ignored the reviews and picked Lowe's for our kitchen renovation. This was probably the only time in our lives that we will be able to afford to renovate our kitchen. It should have been a wonderful and exciting experience, but Lowe's ruined it for us. Kraftmaid provided their top-of-the-line cabinets with paint defects and many flaws. They will not replace multiple flawed cabinet doors without their rep coming to your house only when it fits his schedule, which in our case was six weeks. They made several attempts to remedy the defects to no avail. Lowe's will not stand behind their workmanship or assist you in any way to improve the paint quality on Kraftmaid's cabinets. We have been patient through this whole ordeal for 12 months now and it hasn't been resolved. We will have to live with the mistakes and the paint flaws. We have asked for a refund of some of our money and Lowe's has continued to ignore us. Someone needs to put Lowe's out of business so they can't keep getting away with cheating homeowners out of their hard-earned money and dreams. Please read the reviews online pertaining to Lowe's kitchen renovations before making your decisions. For most of us this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. We all deserve to get a quality job done on our dream kitchen. There is sure to be some good contractors that can fulfill those dreams.

Part of your problem may be expectations that aren't realistic. What are the "defects and flaws" in the paint?

Having sold cabinets in the past (not at Lowes) I did my best to show my customers the disadvantages of painted cabinets compared to a stained cabinet. The doors and face frames (the most noticeable parts of the cabinet) are usually made or wood. As temperatures and humidity change wood will expand and contract. When this happens the joints in the wood may move.

When this happens the paint will crack. This is not a defect in the cabinet or the paint. It is the nature of real wood. This is not as noticeable on a stained cabinet but you may notice panel shrinkage on the door of a stained cabinet.

Fortunately stain is easier to touch up than paint is.

If you look closely at the brochures provided by the cabinet manufactures you will usually find this information there as well. When buying painted cabinets be sure you are comfortable with the fact that any joint may show signs of cracking as seasons change.

Lowes Kitchen Remodeling
Bad quality

Five Months to complete a simple installation and now the store manager reneges on promised compensation | Lowes review from Centerville, Ohio

In late July 2018 I contacted Lowes to purchase and install two vanity tops in my bathrooms. Due to manufacturing defects, installation delays, and lack on in store communication, the installation was finally completed on Jan 10, 2019. Partway through the process (Oct-Nov) I spoke with my salesman expressing concern that I had not had any contact from a store manager, and that the $100 gift card the salesman offered me (probably the extend of his authority) was pretty much an insult. Later that day, I was contacted by a person identifying himself as a store manager. In our conversation he offered me compensation that I would be credited the cost of one of the vanity tops. After another two months the installation was finally completed, the overall store manager is now reneging on that compensation. Today I've learned the store manager claims he and the district manager have tried to contact me multiple times this week, while both caller id and voicemail indicated I have not been contacted by anyone from Lowes, except for ONE call in response to my contact. It is now quite apparent that this Lowes store is now trying to sweep the whole issue under the rug...after a simple purchase and installation took over FIVE months to complete. Use caution when dealing with this store, especially where management is involved.
Review
Pros
  • Salesman i was working with
Cons
  • Five months it took to complete my job and managers response
Reason of review
Promised compensation now being reneged on
Price reduction

I suggested my 93 year old mother buy a dishwasher from Lowe | Lowes review from Bedford Heights, Ohio

She bought it, had it installed, it worked - then it did not work. She has over $900 + in this thing. She has been washing dishes by hand since March 2018...it is Mid September now. Awful service. Incomprehensible. The aggravation she is enduring is effecting her health.

Yes. They took advantage of my eighty-year-old mother-in-law too they installed a bathtub and Surround.

$4500 later. they install the bathtub and Surround that we didn't pick out it was real cheap quality and it was crooked and they had to silicone everything since nothing fit the shower door was put on crooked doesn't close and no one seems to care.

They told us they hired General Contractors but it was just a handyman that did it and most the time he left before any part of the job was done. This was done out of Union City Tennessee Lowe's.

Rather poor complaint. When did she buy it?

How long did it work before it quit working? Was it still under warranty when it quit and if it was did she contact the manufacturer for repair under warranty?

If not has she called anyone for service? If she hasn't arranged for warranty repair or called for other service, she should.

@Anonymous

I'm trying to be nice. But she has done all the proper calls, notifications, writing, waiting in lines, repeated calls to store manager, salesperson, corporate office, installers, etc....nauseating barf!

The unit worked a short time. Yes!!!

Of course, still under warranty. A warranty is ONLY as good as the one giving it!

View more comments (2)