State: Ohio City: Trotwood Clear all filters (2 of 4886 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes in Trotwood, Ohio - Special order sat in store until I called to question why delivery was late

3.2

Update by user Jun 17, 2018

The local Lowes store was able to deliver on the 16th, apparently as an extra delivery for that day.

Update by user Jun 17, 2018

A short update. After filing a complain through their customer service, the store called me and - magically - the decking material did fit on their box truck and they could deliver it on the 16th as promised.

Amazing that the materials suddenly could fit when I was told they would not.

But, I give credit to the store to make things right and provide me the materials when I was promised, and happily I did not need to waste any vacation days. So, a big thank you to the store for making the effort to meet the original commitment.

Original review posted by user Jun 16, 2018

I needed to special order decking materials, and Lowes sent me an email with a delivery date of June 16 - not to the store, but to me. The local store was to receive it June 14. When I called to ask where I was in the expected delivery - I was told that it would not be the 16th, but the 19th was the soonest. Evidently it was not scheduled for delivery at all - until I called. When the special order arrived on the 14th, the store did nothing, no call to schedule or confirm - but waited on me to call to ask where it was. When I called Lowe's customer service - they said since the material was at the store already - they could do nothing but send a complaint to the store. So, no one at Lowes seems to want to make this right, or at least offer something for my giving up two vacation days without materials that I cannot get back - wasted. Just an "I'm sorry" and you will have to wait until the 19th. This is unacceptable and poor business process - the company promises delivery, but the local store not only does not deliver, but never even scheduled it. Back to Home Depot I go.
Review
Service
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Delivery service did not show up when scheduled
  • How they have handled this situation
Reason of review
Problem with delivery
Loss
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Lowes in Trotwood, Ohio - Lowe's Refused to Install LVT

I had Lowe's quote LVT in one room (currently has carpet) and two bathrooms (both have linoleum). Lowe's contractor came out, took measurements, went through the scope of work, and provided us with a quote. SIX WEEKS later the product finally came in, the install was scheduled, installer showed up and within 10 minutes said the floor was not level. This is unacceptable. I paid for Lowe's to send out a qualified contractor, signed a contract, now Lowe's will not honor the contract. I have spoken to numerous Lowe's employees, trying to get resolution, and NO ONE returns my calls. I have since contacted a contractor that I know personally, and he leveled my floor, took him approximately 2 hours. he said that he believes that Lowe's just did not want to do the work, that my floor was very level, just a little compound needed in a couple of areas. Lowe's still has my money, has not returned my call since my last message (3 weeks ago). I think it's the old bait and switch routine, I bought the product yet they refuse to install due to being held liable for the warranty. Now I have no warranty, which is the reason why I contracted with Lowe's to begin with. I am not only extremely angry, but now more disappointed that Lowe's NEVER returned my calls, even after promising they would. Unbelievably poor customer service. I'm wondering how many other people have encountered the same issue....class action lawsuit comes to mind.
Review
Service
Flooring Installation
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111