2.8
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I purchased a Dewalt angle grinder during the Father['s day weekend. there was a promo for discount on purchase over 100 Dollars.

Well I had to call customer service to get the discount applied. The customer service rep was helpful and could not understand why my discount was not being applied. Finally agree to order items with the discount and have delivered to local store in Quakertown Pa. .

My credit card payment indicated the discount. I was promised delivery by June 28th at the latest. Well, June 28th came and no call from store. I call the store where i stay on hold for almost 20 minutes, as they finally determine that it may be 2-3 weeks before the item I ordered comes in because it is on back order.

This is unbelievable, and unacceptable. How could a reputable corporation not know that n item is not in stock? at no time did someone contact me to offer a solution to my purchasing predicament. I usually purchase items cash at local store .

i average over a 1000 dollars a year in various miscellaneous purchases. My local store experiences has sometimes been difficult and unpleasant, and many times find your employees a consumer liability to a pleasant and helpful store experience. If you cannot remedy my latest problem I will no longer make any purchases at Lowes, either on-line or in store. I needed the angle grinder for a home project that will now now happen as a result of your poor communication and difficult on-line experience.

I will drive a little further to a competitor .

This is your last chance to reach out to me an offer an alternative choices to a 2-3 week additional wait. Unhappy, dissatisfied, disappointed customer; Randal Breininger Phone: 267 240 5522 email: rhb2u@aol.com

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Rebate.

Comments

Your comment said they would have the grinder delivered to your local store. In most cases like this the product is being ordered and shipped from the manufacturer.

Lowes has no way of knowing what is in DeWalt's warehouse and DeWalt more than likely did not notify them that the order would be delayed until you called to check on the order and they called DeWalt to see why it wasn't there yet.

Keep in mind that the retail stores don't pop in the back room and make your product when you order it. They are just the middleman between you and the manufacturer.