2.4
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

My wife and I are in the process of refurbishing our house and have spend thousands of dollars with Home Depot which is just down the street from us. Our next project was to install a new shower door in one of the bathrooms.

We went to Home Depot several times and was not able to find anyone to answer our questions so we decided to go to Lowe's. We were lucky to find a young man who was willing to take a few minutes to answer our questions. We wound up ordering the shower door, along with delivery ($79), and even opened a Lowe's charge card in order to save $100.00. That's when the honeymoon ended.

In order to install the shower door, I needed a miter saw and a metal cutting blade so I ordered a Dewalt DW715 on the Lowe's website that was reduced to $199 and a metal saw blade from Amazon. In the meantime, the shower door arrived in a box that looked like it had been through a nuclear attack (see pictures). I called customer service and was offered another door. I said that in order to be fair, my wife and I would go through the shower door parts to see if they were all in good condition.

They were, so I kept the original shower door. Two days after ordering the miter saw from Lowe's, I received notice that the saw was not in stock. No details were given as to when (if ever) it would be in stock. I asked that they leave the order in place.

After a few more days of waiting, I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and received a call from Corrinda, one of their "Executive Customer Relations" employees. In my complaint with the BBB, I requested that Lowe's provide another saw with equal or better specs for the same price ($199). Instead, I was offered a 10% discount on a more expensive saw which was $349. Even with the 10% discount, it would be $314 or $115 more than my original purchase.

I was told that if you order an item online and they don't have it in your local store, you're wasting your time. Lowe's does not have a central warehouse that they can pull from, nor do they check other stores in the country to see if it is available from one of them. What a joke! What's the point of ordering anything online?

If you check your local store and the item you are looking for is not in stock, you're out of luck. I explained to Corrinda that I'm now stuck with a shower door and a saw blade that I cannot use until I find a miter saw. Being that I will probably never use this saw after installing the shower door, I don't want to spend a lot of money on it. She didn't care.

I am leaving my complaint with the BBB on file so others will be aware of their business practices. Based on other reviews on this website, it appears that I'm not the first to fall for this scam.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Customer Care.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Lowes Pros: Initial customer service.

Lowes Cons: Follow up customer service.

Comments

Sounds like you ordered a clearance priced saw. If they are out and not getting anymore the smart thing to do would be to accept the refund and look elsewhere for a saw.

Better yet, since you only plan on using it once, do the smart thing and rent one. It seems like you like you like to complain for the sake of complaining .

You made a big deal out of a box that was damaged in shipping before you even opened it and found the product inside was in good condition. Look for simpler solutions in life rather than complaining about everything.

to Anonymous #1710760

Your time would be better spend minding your own business rather than complaining about other people's complaints. I feel sorry for you if this is how you waste your life.