I have been a long time customer of Lowes and have made many purchases from Lowes including appliances, and the windows and doors for my house. I am not sure I will do business with Lowes in the future.

I ordered a range online and was guaranteed it would arrive at store number 0461 (Baton Rouge) on May 2, 2017. On May 3rd I went to the store to pick it up. Upon speaking with the customer service rep at the counter I was told I would have to wait a few minutes, which I considered reasonable. After an extended period of time I was told that my purchase had not arrived.

When I asked when it might arrive I overheard an employee tell the customer service rep that the store manager had pushed all appliance deliveries back two weeks. I asked if Lowes would contact me when the item came in. The customer rep said I would have to speak to the manager who she would summon. After an ridiculously extended wait I finally was able to speak to an individual who's name tag indicated "Service Manager".

He looked at the computer and told me "it hasn't come in yet". I told him I was aware of that and asked when could I expect it to come in. He mumbled that if they had another appliance truck come in soon it could possibly be the first part of next week.

At that point it was obvious to me that at least this Lowes store and employee didn't give a hoot about me as a customer so I requested and received a refund. I will have to think long and hard about doing business with Lowe's on major items in the future.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Pick Up Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments