State: Oregon Product: Lowes Carpet Installation Clear all filters (2 of 77 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Lowes in Medford, Oregon - Go To Home Depot

Picked out tile and carpet at Lowes. We installed the tile ourselves but when it came time for the carpet install that's where they list me to Home Depot. Wished we gave Home Depot all our money. The installer called to schedule measurements. I let him know we don't get home until 3:30 pm but that the store assured us that would not be a problem as they do measurement until 5 pm. Brandon told me he lives in Rosevurg so he needs to leave town by 3:00 pm. I called the store tinker them know their installers quit at 3 pm and wondered if they had other installers. Christine told me no but she would call the company to see what was going on and would call me back. One week later and she never called me back. So, I called and spoke with the main manager, Scott. Scott assured me I could call and speak with Ryan and he would take care of me and that he was aware of the situation. So, I called Ryan and he knew nothing about it but when I suggested he speak with Scott and call me back he rudely informed me he was standing next to Scott when I called original. Ok great! Ryan let me known the installer was not going to answer the phone on Sunday just for me. As a consumer I already knew that :) but thanks. Ryan assured me he'd call me on Monday and make arrangements. Funny, Ryan was the end decision I went with Home Depot on Sunday and ordered carpet but good thing I did because Ryan never called me back today. Lowes, I was a solid customer and even drove across town for you when Home Depot was right in my neighborhood. Bye-bye Lowes and hello Home Depot and every other local store I can find. Customer service still matters.

RIGHT! Go to Home Depot!

No one on this site is going to fall for THAT one ! Read the Home depot complaints sometime.

@Anonymous

I know, right. On the Home Depot complaint site they are always saying “I’m going to Lowe’s”.

And what is with this site anyhow? The majority of the posters have some sort of pattern to the name they leave.

It’s always a stupid variation of an adjective, name of an animal, then a three digit number. For example: RavishingTerrier243

View more comments (1)
Review
Service
Lowes Carpet Installation
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Lowes in Bend, Oregon - Carpet Ripoff

1.8
Have 420 sf of carpeting I needed done. Lowe’s quoted me $1,700 for the carpet and pad I wanted. They measured for 560sf and when I contacted them to tell them they measured wrong, they said the installer needs at least 2 extra inches on every side to install and that they have to go by what the installers say. I would have thrown over $350 in the trash can had I gone ahead with the project. Do your homework ahead of time and save yourself time, money and hassle. Don’t shop at Lowe’s.

You don't seem to understand how carpet is sold or installed. Carpet comes in 12' or 15' widths.

lets say you had an 8x10 area to carpet. that would be 80 square feet. Their quote would have been for 96 square feet (an 8' x 12') piece of carpet.

You will have an 8' x 2' scrap. Unless you rooms are exactly 12' or 15' wide and perfectly square you are going to have waste when you install carpet.

@Anonymous

If anyone doesn’t understand something, it’s you.I have 2 rooms that are each 17’7” long. Bedroom is 9’6” wide.

Living room is 13’ 10” wide. What I asked them to do was sell me two 12’x18’ rolls and use the extra 2’6” from the bedroom to make up the difference in the living room. Does that make sense? If not, go grab a calculator.

That’s 432 sf of carpet and I would have only wasted approximately 8” x 18’.They said no. Their installer wouldn’t do it.

@Anonymous

Why didn't you include this information in your original complaint? If you want people to take you seriously include the information that supports your position in your complaint.

@Anonymous

The installer would still need an extra few inches... The extra is there in case you need it under the baseboards.

It's better to have extra than to have too little and have you complain about being short.You could always get a second opinion from another company of course. No one is pushing you to buy installation from Lowe's.

@Anonymous

There are no baseboards yet. And for my situation, I told them exactly what I wanted. To me, saving $350 is more important than being 1” short along the wall because that wall was going to have furniture up against it anyway (plus the baseboard when I install it).

View more comments (4)
Review
Service
Lowes Carpet Installation
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111