Verified Reviewer

2.7

I bought 2 items worth $50 at Lowes in Belmont, NC on January 18 2021 and 3 days later noticed that the charge was for over $400. I went to Lowes and told them I didn't get the receipt but apparently someone came behind me and charged 2 additional items while the debit card was in my pocket.

The manager at Lowes told me they had a video tape of the transaction and he would review it and call me the next Monday. (He never did.) Meanwhile, I filed a report with Belmont Police. I came down with COVID and was spending about 2 weeks isolated in bed when the officer called me back. I did not attempt to call him again for a few more weeks.

When I call him the woman that answers the phone tells me to email him and when I do he emails me back, telling me to call him. (See a pattern?) I haven't talked to him again. Bottom line, my bank says I needed to file a report within 60 days, they did a full investigation(???) and closed the case since I did not file report with the BANK in time. (I filed with Lowes and with Police within 3 days.)

This sounds like a racket to me.

If you don't take your receipt, you don't close the transaction and someone can follow you and charge more to your account, even when your card is in your pocket???? Expensive lesson learned and no justice all.

User's recommendation: Be sure and take your receipt. Your transaction is not closed at LOWE's (Unlike Walmart and everywhere else).

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Lowes Pros: Bought from lowes for 40 years.

Lowes Cons: Will not investigate fraud when they have video tape.

Location: Belmont, NC 28012

Comments

#2017709

Guess you shouldn't have waited a few weeks to call the officer back.

#2017735
@PissedConsumer2017709

I called but was told to email officer. I did.

He emailed me back to call him at station. I called him at station and they told me to email officer.

I could not go to station because I had tested positive for COVID, I am 71 and had massive heart attack in August 2020. Still recovering from that.

Lowes Reviews