Verified Reviewer

Lowes delivered a load of plywood that was tongue and groove for a dance floor. The delivery....drop off went fine.....

but I paid extra for the lumber to be carried to the second floor. Lowes assured me it would be done!!! The lumber was dropped off at 9:30am and the delivery men told me the movers to take the wood upstairs was 30 min out. I just had surgery and needed to get home.

This was all explained to Lowes when the order was placed. We were reassured that the lumber WOULD be taken to the 2 floor and that would be there any minute to help. At 3:30 they finally showed up....they were in a Hertz rental Van. They delivery persons were shown where the wood needed to go.....at that point the head driver said HE WAS NOT GOING to move the wood but to the first floor.

A Long conversation later.....the driver said he was NOT allowed to take it to the second floor. I offered them$100.tip, and he said he had a 3-hour drive and NO HE WOULD NOT DO IT. !!! So I'm sure he was tired and frustrated.....but he took it out on the wood that because of his carelessness is RUINED.

I took many pictures that I can show you.

I now have damage to my deck and front door because of how he manhandled it. When my daughter called that night, and at least 10 more times to try to get this worked out, she could not get a hold of a manager till 1:00 pm the next day. She was then told she had to take it up with the SUB contractor, not Lowes! When placing the order and getting delivery no said anything about Lowes not delivering AND moving the lumber!

There was NO information relaid to us about a 2nd. Party being evolved. Now Lowes says....... we are very sorry you had such bad experience, but you have to deal with this 2nd.

Party to get this fixed!

So Lowes is pushing the responsibility onto the 2nd party that THEY CONTRACTED it out to and told too bad they were a subcontractor, not from a Lowes. I am in the middle of a build out and on a very tight schedule....so now I have to wait for someone to pick up this damaged wood....they cant tell me when, some is coming out and the SUB contractor is responsible for returning my money!!! All said and done I will have lost 2- 3 weeks on this job.....time is money.....and am so pissed at the lack of communication and anyone taking responsibility for this diabolical transaction! I did not want to be pushed off to a subcontractor I

DID NOT HiRE.....what is Lowes going to do to make this right for me!,,,???

My business has been closed since March and Im only partially open and just scraping by( ballet school) I have had to build out to have the proper distancing to run my school......now Im even more behind the 8 ball.

And COVID-19 is closing more and more businesses down. Lowes inability to deal with with this has had a VERY negative affect on MY Business.

What can you do to make this right. I will buy the wood somewhere else....I have lost all trust and TIME with Lowes!

User's recommendation: Do not shop Lowe’s for building material.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Lumber Department.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Lowes Pros: Convenient.

Lowes Cons: No return call at all, No estimated delivery date provided in confirmation email.

Comments