Today...Sept 28, 2018 I went to the "service desk" to make a payment in full of a business account. I used my Paymaster machine to place the correct amount on the correct line and that's where this story goes crazy.

Now my business account with Blowes is about 10 years old. 10's of thousands of dollars over the years....here goes....clerk at the service desk explained she couldn't process a check that didn' t have the numerical amount....SPELLED OUT. A paymaster machine is used because it's makes it next to impossible to alter the amount the check is issued for. Eventually they accepted the check but told me in the future they had to have my payment....hand written.

Closed account and will now use corporate VISA card to stick them with fees.

Yes I called corporate....they were clueless. Of course I got the smart *** comment..." Have a nice day".

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Account.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 28.

Comments

Write the check out like a normal person. It isn't the service desk's fault you used something outdated to write a check out.

checks are nothing but trouble in general

My guess is that if you had mailed the check to the credit company that issued your account you would have had no problem. Retail stores aren't used to this type of check and most employees have probably never seen one.

No... The story went crazy when you used a paymaster machine to write a check.

sandralynndavis