State: Pennsylvania Clear all filters (212 of 4839 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

Lowes in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Therma Tru Door

Our door looks fine on the outside but the bottom portion of the side lighting is a different color. So cheap composite plastic. Can't paint it to. nothing will stick to it. No where in the documentation does it say it would be a different color or material. This sticks out like a sore thumb. Everyone who has seen it say it is an eye sore. To add salt to my injury, Therma Tru states there is no defect or issue with the door. Just spent 4 grand on a door that looks cheap and poor. Therma Tru states they would supply a crown type molding to go over the defective piece. If I do that it will never match. Why does Therma Tru put such a piece on ther door. According to them it is to make it structurally sound. This is definitely a defect they are tryiong to cover up. HELP

I am having the same issue. Lowe's installed the door last week and company reps will be looking at the installation next week.

Was your problem solved?

I have 2 doors that have a vinyl outer face. This acts as the nailing fin and J channel for the siding.

Why why why does therma tru NOT weld this vinyl. Both of my doors leak. Costing me and my builder lots of time and money. After countless failed solutions.

I had the the company's REP out. And there solution was to add an extra "Flashing" piece.

I am extremely disappointed with the quality of these doors. :(

Dear Customer,

We appreciate your feedback concerning the standard trim piece that is on the bottom of your sidelites. The light oak trim piece will allow your door to function normally and is not used to make the door structurally sound. The door system is not defective.

This standard trim piece can be stained. To stain, lightly sand the trim piece and apply your stain. We will be happy to compensate you for a piece of molding and also provide you with stain. Please contact us to receive this compensation at 866-584-3668.

View more comments (2)

Lowes in Scranton, Pennsylvania - Refused 10%

i was using my military dischrage card to get a 10% discount off my purchases, i served in army for 8 years, this discharge paper was honored until i bought wallpaper for $358.90 dollars i was told i would have to get a photo id or prove that i served for 20 years or more in the service. photo cards are taken from you when discharged. you only get a discharge sertificate, they lied when they advertised any id to prove that you served in the military would be good enough to get the 10% discount.i will take my business elsware after this. i felt imbarristed when they told me this in front of other coustomers.

As a lowes employee I can explain this. We used to accept all forms of military i.d.

until too many people were abusing it. For example, you could use a legion card even though people who have nothing to do with military have them and were getting the 10 percent. They tried doing other things to prevent this such as manager approvals but it was still happening so now we only accept photo i.d. or proof of 20 years in the service and retired.

I know a veteran is a veteran but it's the way it is. We still accept the DD14 and certificates on veterans and memorial day. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I would blame the customers who ruined it for the rest of you. Not the store!

Prosp50 Thanks for your service. Please ignore that s tupid kid's remarks.

Which Lowes did this happen to you at?

Most of them are very patriotic, even to posting pics of military on there walls.

Did you talk to the manager?

Does your opinion matter to you so much that you have to run our military down for a ten percent discount just to state it?

#382045

This person rally makes me sick to my stomach. kids today don't know what sacrifice even means.

All they no is to shoot off there mouths. Military service should be mandatory like it is in other countrys and they would learn quick.

#382025

Im only going to say this once. GET A VETERANS ADMINISTRATION HEALTH ID CARD then you wont have this problem.

Yes, it has your picture on it when they issue it to you. Take your DD214 to the local VA hospital, go to ID office.

If this is too hard to do, to register for your health BENEFITS then you obviously dont need the 10% discount. Quit blaming everyone but yourself soldier.

#382003

S H U T U P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

#381954

First, thank you for your military service. There is no greater hero in America than the men and women willing to leave their homes and families to keep us free.

We are deeply grateful.

Second, I am sorry that you had a problem at Lowes woth their discount. I love Lowes and their employees. After Hurricane Katrina, they moved into town and sold us any and all building materials we needed to become whole again. Please contact their corporate offices.

I know they will help you. Lowes is the most patriotic of all American stores and they usually bend over backwards to help vets. I don't know who you ran into in the store where you shopped, but it was probably one of those draft dodgers that ran to Canada.

Please try again and see that the people who work at Lowes are usually the cream of the crop when it comes to workers who stand with our hero military veterans. Thanks.

#381944

Oh, mon dieu.

Rally? must be French.

#381935

If your grandfather served in Vietnam, how in the world do you know it's better now than it was then? You weren't there, so to use your own words, "shut up" you insolent little spoiled brat who doesn't have a clue of what serving during war time or anytime in the full time military means.

Just shut the heck up and join some branch of the armed forces, then write your smartalec comment about the plight of our military. That's all I can say that's fit to print - - - so, I'll just close instead of what I'd like to say to you ......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TO: Rally? Seriously, really?

You are tired of kissing the military's rear? Look who ever in the hail you are - you aren't decent enough to kiss their butts.

My uncle died in WWII and my friend died in Vietnam. My father served in Iwo Jima, my husband served in the Air Force in Vietnam serving three tours and my son served in the Navy for the Gulf War. I wouldn't want your nasty lips touching their a&&es because I'm afraid that they might catch whatever disease you suffer from. Without them, you would be living in a country that would have your head for your simpleminded ideas. How in the p iss do you suffer from our military geting a TEN PERCENT discount?

Put your head back up your a&& and leave it there. We all might be luck enough for you to get AIDS while it's up there and we won't have to listen to i diots like you anymore.

Oh, yeah, Merry Christmas I mean Merry Holiday. We have been beaten into submission long enough. No one wants to deal with anyone as i gnorant as you who begrudges our military a TEN PERCENT discount because they receive too much now anyway.

Really! R A L L Y? Get out of this country.

Lowe's will not match Home Depots coupons + 10%. The 20% off HD coupons are fake.

Stores have policies they need to adhere to, P. And people were taking advantage of it.

Are you some type crazy person Rally????? Why don't you sign up for the military and go risk you life to save someone like you.

Maybe you would feel different if one of your family members was killed trying to keep you and your family safe. I think you should do everyone a favor and move the he'll out of our country. Trust me people like you will not be missed.

To this man in the military.....call corporate at lows and they will give you back your money. They have already seen this message....I work in corporate

Are you guys serious. You claim $40. I get tired of people who claim that just because they were in the military that the rest of America should kiss their rear. My grandfather served in Vietnam pulling half people out of tanks. My two best freinds are marines, one of which got a mild concussion overseas. All three agree that just because you serve doesn't entitle you to everything. Too many people are forgetting that you voluntarily joining, not being forced to, and as such any discount, promotion, etc extended to you is simply an additional way of saving thanks.

Many discounts state RETIRED and DISABLED VETS. any store that grants it to anyone with papers is breaking their policy.

This really burns me because people in the military currently get so much more than they used to. A discount could have been warranted back when a military member got almost half what a civilian counterpart would have; however, now it is closer and many military members are given a whole lot.

Thanks to everyone who serves; however, serve humbly or shut up.

Also, go to us postal service web site. change of mail address will give you 10% for Lowes. Again Home Depot will honor that as well.

Lowes is in trouble and is shutting down stores. One in my hood not even open 2 years.

Lowes should honor Ace / HD coupons and beat it by 10%er their guarantee.

My vote goes for the Depot. Easy no hassle and they won't embaress you.

Poor PR. You won't ever go back will you? And for $40? Mulitply that for the next 25 years....and ad a Fe more who have served and can relate.

Home depot will honor any Lowes offer

Read the policy. RETIRED and DISABLED veterans are allowed the discount.

That is and always has been the policy. Recently Lowe's had been forced to crack down because too many prior service members were using tier discount on contractor sales.

Imagine a contractor saving $300 off of a $3000 order and giving the service member $150. Thank you for serving but not everyone deserves the discount.

View more comments (15)
Loss
My son and I had one piece of wood to paint for project. Bought 2 cans of Valspar spray paint. One was primer grey and the other was basic gloss red. 1) The grey primer "special" safety cap came off first thing. 2) Nozzle had over spray and leaked very bad. 3) Can...

Valspar has great colors. The somewhat new twist cap is terrible and leaks and runs, all over your hands, everything.

View more comments

Lowes building center

built a room adittion for a customer used all lowes products. everything bought from store was junk. there lifetime warranty plwood delaminated, skylights were all messed up, there interior doors were junk went thru 11 doors to get 4 good ones, all the wood purchased twisted in the walls,shiongles that were purchased all had same dyelot they were different shades,this only gets better whenever there so called professional carpet layer came in totally destroyed all the walls and trim put so much pressure on carpet stretcher cracked the walls in five places.myself or the homeowners cant get no restitution from store. after 34 years in buisness im telling everyone tio stay the *** away from that store there rip offs. need to go back to the family owned buisnesses. this has been going on for 1 and a half years now. god bless u if you buy from them you have been warned
Reality69

Carpet so strong it can pull walls out? That's a product I wanna buy!

nikalseyn

I assume you discussed this with the manager of the store and if no satisfaction, contacted corporate?? What did they say and do?

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Hatfield, Pennsylvania - Your customer service is terable

LOWS credit misplaced a payment,and when i tried to make a purchase i was sent from one register to the other only to find out you have denied my company credit. look up my parsed payment history and tell me if you should have denied me credit? it was embarrassing. i will not buy anything in your store again. you could have notified me that there was a problem with my credit i should not have to try and buy something to find out.you have a bunch of idiots in your credit department, its probably the blind leading the blind

you are an ***, the cashiers cant magically tell if there is something wrong with your card without you having to purchase something, we do not need your service anyways, losing one customer doesn't hurt us one bit :)

jo69guy

Lowe's credit is owned by GE Money Bank, and when there is a problem, they are impossible to deal with, especially if they perceive the issue as having been your fault. Good luck!

View more comments (1)

Lowes

i was spotting someone on the forklift and a customer came threw the blockers and i told him to give us a minute to take something down for a other customer.The customer got upset and stared to cruse at my so i told him that there is no need for that and that we will bring the forks down down so he can grab what he needs after i said that he got more upset then he spit on my face so before he could he could spit at me again with one hand i grab his shirt and the other hand i covered his mouth so he couldn't do it again cause i don't know what he has i didn't want to get sick.One someone spits at u that is considered assault that means someone could come in there and hurt u and u cant do anything about it, Lowes is wrong for not trying to protect there employees

I would have knocked his *** out!

Well said Tasha.

i once had a customer spit on the call button at the ope desk. i told him to *** off and management backed me when i explained what happened...although later on i got a complaint, but my store took care of me for once ha

View more comments (2)
Loss
I went to Lowes today to buy a new Dyson animal ball vacuum. They had one left in the box on the shelf. I was really happy they had one. I put it in the cart and check out paying a total of $524.69 thanks to 10% off for a military discount. As I am loading the box in...

Your not doing anything wrong, but you could be doing more thngis right.First you need to get at least one more major credit card. Then do the same thing on this one.

This means that you need to make charges every month(not going over 30% of the limit), and then pay it off.On the credit cards you have too see if you can get an increased limit.

If the limits are low (when you do open up new accounts your score will take a hit. But with the good history it will bounce back in a couple of months, and should even be better.

View more comments

Lowes in Connellsville, Pennsylvania - Water heater - rippoff

I decided to upgrade and buy a bigger water heater 80 gallons. I bought the extended warrantee. In two years the water heater has rusted out and is leaking. Calling lowes and american water heater they told me the process. I have to send pictures for them to review. If after their review they decide they will cover I have to drain tank take it back to Lowes and they may replace. All labor is my expense. Stay away from lowes never buy appliances there. Go to sears they have much better warrantees. In addition it takes hours to get someone on the phone and they refuse to transfer you to a manager. This is a total scam stay away

I have almost the same case as you. I bought the new house about the second years and the water heater leaks and around the tank.

The plumber fix the leaking but the rusting, he points the finger to the manufacturer.

The manufacturer said that they guaranty for tank if it rusts from the inside tank out NOT from the outside in. Welcome to the same old ball game and good luck.

Lowes troy built junk

the troy built *** wacker i purchased at lowes 2 years ago has not worked properly since i bought it . never getting up to full power taking forever to get started and then not starting at all. have had the engine tuned up alwys use good gass at the correct amount of mixture just to have it sit there wile i get out the old trusty black and decker electric . Really , it is just *** . The tech blames the quality of gass . i blame troy built because they know about the fuel that is purchased and they should buid lawn equiptment that can work with it ........
big ben

go with husqvarna. support america.

not mtd. it is wal mart junk

Loss
If you believe this slander that is written about me, feel free to join me on facebook and reveal your true idenity. I don't hide behind a screen name and I am willing to stand up for what I believe in. Certain people have set out to destoy me and I will admit that...

You say you don't hide behind a screen name, but you posted as anonymous. Just sayin.