State: Pennsylvania Clear all filters (213 of 4889 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

Lowes in Willow Grove, Pennsylvania - Now hiring the most obviously ignorant people in Customer Service!

1.8

Update by user Sep 05, 2018

Went in to pay bill, where do they find these surly people? If I hated my job, you can be certain I'd find another. I have not been contacted, I will pay this off and as long as there are still Home Depot's or True Value, I do not need to patronize an operation that cannot train employees common courtesy.

Original review posted by user Aug 06, 2018

Don't take my word for it, go there and stand at customer service and WAIT for one of these people to even acknowledge your existence...or even make EYE CONTACT. I stood 5 feet from a 'CUSTOMER SERVICE REP' who stood at the register in front of her for more than 5 minutes, not waiting on anyone, looking down at her PHONE, not even looking up to see I was waiting to PAY MY CC BILL. She finally, without even looking at me, turned to another loitering 'employee' who was doing nothing at returns and asked her to 'take care of this guy'-RUDE, NON-PROFESSIONAL, AND DOWN-RIGHT IGNORANT. I will pay off my balance at Lowes and will patronize the HOME DEPOT that is 1/2 mile away instead-this is a COMMON OCCURANCE at this location, frequent enough that it is not just a fluke. Lowes Corporate, PAY ATTENTION, my neighbors all seem to concur with my observations.

I did try to call the store manager, was put on hold repeatedly for almost one hour. No accountability.

@Anonymous

Then Call Customer Care!

Lowes corporate doesnt use this. if you want to make a formal complaint... ask for a Store Manager or call customer care.

Unfortunately, this is the state of retail in the age of big box retail. As an insider, I know It’s all about hitting the high sales numbers not profit.

In order to do that they have to keep the prices low, on some items, even at a loss. They have little control over the cost of goods, and total control over thier labor costs. These wokers make $10.00 an hour, and half of the customers they have to deal with, are appallingly abusive. After a while, I have seen it wear out the most friendly and competant Customer Service Associate.

In general Home Depot is the same way. For the consumer, I would suggest that you take your business to a higher priced local or smaller chain of hardware store where the employees are more motivated by higher compensation.

And... For the Customer Service Associate, I would suggest that you pursue employment at such a store that doesn’t cater to such unreasonable “low rent” customers that have learned that, if they are abusive and “I want to speak to a manager”, then they will get even a bigger discount on their cheap goods.

h.kitchener

The sad thing is that this is not uncommon with many retailers. Good, presentable people who can and will do the job they are hired for are becoming increasingly rare.

The fact that, in your case the employee was allowed to have her cell phone turned on during working hours is bad enough without her staring at it for minutes at a time as if it were a just fried pan of side pork.

Unreliable, inept and lazy employees are now common. Shop at stores that tend to hire better people.

Stop crying

@Anonymous 101

How about ‘stop trolling’...

@Anonymous 101

Stop trolling

View more comments (7)
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Ignorant employees
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Matamoras, Pennsylvania - 2 months and still no countertops!!!

3.2
Lowes - 2 months and still no countertops!!!
I ordered kitchen cabinets and granite counters on May 30th. I picked out the granite around the 2nd week in June. They came to make the template the week after. Lowe's called me the next day to say the price would be over $700 more than I paid. I asked why and he said the template came out different than what we ordered. The Lowe’s associate did all of the design and measurements so there was no reason for it to be off, I purchased the entire kitchen plus cabinets at the same time. I got everything through Lowe's and I had nothing to do with measuring or set up. I even brought my contractor in to talk to the designer. I told them it wasn't my fault they made a mistake, it went on what you designed and if she measured wrong that didn't have anything to do with me. I ordered them because they were affordable and now he was saying they were going to cost 33% MORE than I was told!! That's a HUGE mistake and difference in price. So he said he would talk to a manager and get back to me. I heard nothing for a week so I call back. They decide to have a new template done. Fine but I'm not paying. Then I heard nothing else for a week. I call again last Friday and the manager was familiar with the problem and said she would call the fabricators and have us rushed because I have no kitchen and I've been doing dishes in my BATHTUB. The fabricators call today and said she can't get us in til the end of NEXT WEEK!! this has been the most horrible experience I've had during my renovation. I have two kids home, we eat out almost every night because we can't wash dishes and have no running water except in the bathroom and it's going to be a MONTH living like this. It's costing me a fortune not to mention the stress two months after I paid all I keep hearing is next week, next week. I have called & texted SO MANY TIMES. This is INSANE!!!!!! Someone DO SOMETHING
Product
Cabinet
Order processing issue

Lowes in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Heartland Shed

2.7
Lowes - Heartland Shed
I couldn't agree with the other review more. Working with Lowes and Heartland has been *** Lowes charged us for the work prior to it being done. The installer canceled several times. The manager came out and promised us a free ramp installation for our hassle, but he never gave the installer the material. When we called abouy the ramp, they scheduled a time to come and did not show. I also just found a nail sticking through the door. In addition, the rood on the shed leaks.
Lowes Shed Installation

Lowes in West Mifflin, Pennsylvania - No one available

2.0
Why do the window shades people leave at 7 when the store is opened until 10? And by though they tell you they leave at 7 it is actually 6:30. There is one person covering all of electrical and plumbing. Where is the customer service?

You are shopping at a big box store. You shouldn't expect a lot of service from a big box store.

The bottom line comes above everything else in a publicly traded big box store. The easiest way to cut expenses is to cut payroll.

During the slower time of the day they will cut to a bare minimum of employees in the store. If you want great customer service go to a local store.

Lowes in Willow Grove, Pennsylvania - Bad place

I worked at lowes in willow gro e, pa under hostile work conditions. I was injured there, called racist names, and other. While there two garden store cashiers were sharing customer information and talki g about a party of {{Redacted}}. Customers were made fun of behind their backs as well as employees.

Did you report this to the corporate office? I would.

they have a process for sensitive issues dealing with racism and harassment. Customer or employee...

no one should have to put up with that. Not saying that it could possibly resolve your issue, but it would be documented so if it is sent to the CEO they will be in trouble.

Work Experience or Job Application

Lowes in Willow Grove, Pennsylvania - Crimes at Lowe's

2.5
I worked at lowes a very short time. While there i wzs injured. No help wirh it. Instead was called fat and lazy for being injured. While there i saw customers personal info shared. Customers degraded and made fun of. Willow Grove, pa lowes. A horri le place

This complaint is difficult to read due to the spelling and grammar mistakes.What personal information was shared for you to state that a crime was committed?Was the personal information shared by consent or the other way around?Did you file a report due to your being injured on the job?Who called you fat and lazy?Who made fun of you?

Work Experience or Job Application

Lowes Protection plan is organized fraud

I purchased all my appliances easton Lowes store May 29 2016 with 5 years protection plan. About a month ago my washer broken and I called Lowes service dep. and they sent a service technician he looked my washer and he sad your washer has big issue but do not worry you covered with protection plan. I received phone call couple days later from the lowes service dep. and they told me your machine needs to be replace. Couple days later Lowes called me and told me they can not locate my purchase and they sad, I returned my appliances which was the most ridicules thing that I ever heard because I still have them. anyway I gave them my lowes membership account print out where all my purchased recorded by Lowes. still they sad they can not locate my purchase. I have spent countless hour on the phone and writing email still no result. One of their representative called and sad he fixed the issue and gave me reference number and sad in couple days Lowes would called you to schedule a delivery but no one called me and I called Lowes and they sad whoever you talked made a mistake we can not confirm your purchase. I cal Lowes blame their local store local store says they called Lowes gave them all info still no result. It seems to me Lowes sells protection plan but it is fraud they do not provide any services. blaming their local store local store blames Lowes super service dep. No one takes responsibility. I have all the emails that Lowes sent me.

Must be some doozie of a washer to be worth $8,000. Yes, you have a frustrating situation and I agree their service in this situation is poor.

At this point, stop calling them. Send a complaint via overnight registered mail. Include your receipts and even pictures of the washer including one of the tag with model and serial numbers keeping copies of everything you send.

A paper trail will help prove your case if you end up taking them to court and they know it. You have no way of proving you have mad phone calls, what was said or who you talked to.

all extended warranties and protection plans are a fraud. Always have been.

@Anonymous

not if you keep your receipt. most customers come in without a receipt and expect lowes to find it for them. save your receipts, that’s why you have a receipt in the first place.

View more comments (2)
Product
Lowes Protection Plan
Pros
  • Disaster
Warranty issue

Lowes in Matamoras, Pennsylvania - Employees not helpful

2.7
Lowe’s seems to only employ condescending {{Redacted}} I asked to see the refrigerator water filters, you know, point me in the right direction, when old retiree that apparently didn’t save for retirement and now has to work asked what make and model. I replied I didn’t know and that I would know what I need when I see it. Apparently that was hilarious. Another time I wanted to see the selection of backsplashes and after waiting a few minutes to find an employee that wasn’t on their phone, they begrudgingly told me an isle number that didn’t exist. Home Depot it is. Westfall, PA.

You'd be surprised how many {{REDACTED}} buy the wrong product, tear the package apart and return that filter they knew was the right one when they saw it. They did the correct thing by asking what make and model you had so they could get you the correct filter. Seems like they were there to be helpful but you were being the *** in not appreciating what they were trying to do for you.

If you're so savvy that you'll "know it when you see it" then figure out how to find the aisle with the water filters. Even Lowe's *** website will tell you that.Backsplashes come in two forms.

The cheap, fake plastic sheets that are in the kitchen department or actual tile from the flooring department. It's not that hard.

View more comments (1)
Poor customer service

Lowes in Edwardsville, Pennsylvania - $8000.00 Heating/AC Not Happy!

Lowes - $8000.00 Heating/AC Not Happy!
Lowes - $8000.00 Heating/AC Not Happy!
Heating/AC unit installed by Monk's through Lowe's contract about 10/14. AC worked fine in beginning but now runs almost continuously without providing much in the way of cooling. Takes all day to bring temp down to 74 and seems to run slower, less efficient at night. Called Monk's last year and they just paid no attention whatever to complaint. No call back, no service. Lowe's just passes the buck to Monk's so it looks like a vicious circle. Also don't think much of heat pump base they built. Pictures are of the base of heat pump outside house. They (Monk's) had a problem in the beginning of installation which they fixed but service after, in my opinion, was sadly lacking!Sad

Chances are very good that the original installer doesn't work for Lowe's anymore and is not responsible for it. The box stores go through installers like crazy because the installers eventually figure out that they are making about half as much money working through the box stores as they would if they weren't. They actually end up making about 40% of what they could because the box stores end up taking the rest for themselves.

h.kitchener

Your solution is to have a local plumbing and heating firm take a look at it. That's the bottom line.

I learned long ago to NOT have anything done thru a big box store like Home Depot, Lowe's, etc. because you know nothing about the contractors they hire and, as in your situation everyone denies responsibility for poor work.

Best always to hire a local company that is in business for itself and relies on doing good work in order to stay in business. As around if you need to in order to find a good HVAC company.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Air Conditioner Installation
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Hamburg, Pennsylvania - Bad countertop installation by BC Stone

1.3
BC Stone installed a quartz countertop Look good but when I had someone try to install the dishwasher the opening was 24" at the bottom and 23 3/4" at the top of the dishwasher space A dishwasher needs at least 23 7\8" which is a tight fit. What happened is the 30" cabinet at the end next to the dishwasher was twisted out of shape when they pushed the glued top to meet the splice at the sink. The cabinet is screwed into the studs and is level and when BC Stone torn off the old countertop they said all the cabinets are good, level and secure for the installation. Lowes is blaming it on my cabinets not being fastened to the studs and my cabinet probably moved on the wall, well nothing moved on the wall because they were installed by a contractor and were done right. These are high quality hickery cabinets made by Showplace wood products in Harrisburg PA. Lowes keeps spewing out info on their bogus contract that they are not responsible for the cabinets. This my first of many remodeling projects to come.
Bc Stone Cabinet Installation