State: Pennsylvania Clear all filters (4 of 4889 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show
3.6

Update by user Nov 09

Lowes helped push LG into getting a repair person out here. They were in touch to make sure it was completed.

That's about it. I have always bought from privately owned Appliance stores who care about what they sell and I will return to this practice!

Update by user Nov 09

Lowes did respond...

You purchased a product that has a manufacturers warranty. If you would bother reading the warranty you would find that the manufacturer will REPAIR the refrigerator not replace it.

It will also tell you to contact the manufacturer for that repair, not the retail store.

It doesn't matter where you bought it, you won't find any retail store that is going to give you a refund on a 3 month old refrigerator. Your expectations are totally unrealistic.

View more comments
Review
Cons
  • Failure to meet commitments
Damaged or defective
Loss
Full refund

Resolved: Lowes in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Mixed Experience

4.6

Update by user Jul 05

Since this initial “surprise”, I have checked other retail big box sellers and the same restrictions appear to be in effect. Accepting this limitation, buyers should be completely informed of this and can plan for the additional cost and do not open any connecting items.

However, I did not find this similar restriction with two local stores on delivery installation. It was strongly suggested to have new hoses, dryer power cord and non-plastic venting. Perhaps my situation was unique because I had recently replaced the various components from Lowes when remodeling the laundry room and to rebuy made no sense. I went back to my local Lowes and found them willing to work with me.

Again the issue is with the delivery/install process, outside service. Lowes gave me the needed 4” extender for the dryer and I declined the zero clearance venting. I went home installed the power cord, reversed the dryer door and inserted the vent. Unsure if a return call from the delivery/install would be made despite Lowes efforts.

Lowes again provided me a new set of hoses for the washer. Identical to the ones installed that was only 2 months old. A follow up call was made by another delivery/install team. They tried to hook up the washer, unsuccessfully.

The previous washer was 19 years old, a Whirlpool and used an anti-siphon connection at the stand pipe. The replacement GE would not seal/connect at the standpipe. They recommended a straight replacement standpipe. In discussion they had no awareness of having a trap to prevent sewer gas from entering the home.

It was obvious that their knowledge was very limited.

Told thanks and terminated the visit. I called a local plumber who successfully addressed the standpipe hook up.

Original review posted by user Jun 03

I am taking this opportunity to share my recent experience with the purchase of major appliances, washing machine and electric dryer from Lowe’s. Reflecting on A Tale of Two Cities, “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.” Lowe’s has a very extensive selection of major appliances, basically all the major brands and the pricing structure is either equal to prevailing market sector competitors or at a saving through a sale and/or promotion. A visit to my local store, Bensalem, PA provided us a comprehensive inventory for inspection and selection. The sales associate was knowledgeable and helpful in narrowing down based on our needs and criteria on technology. We were advised that the delivery would include installation through a 3rd party vendor and that Lowe’s discounted appliance parts with the major appliance parts. I advised that my washing machine hoses were bought at this store and was less than two months old. EASTMAN 2-Pack 6-ft L 3/4-in Hose Thread Inlet x 3/4-in Hose Thread Outlet Stainless Steel Washing Machine Connector (Model # 98506). There was no indication that this would be and subsequent install issue. I purchased a new Utilitech 3-Prong Gray Dryer Appliance Power Cord (Model # UTD100306) for the electric dryer and advised I have a zero clearance issue and am using a Lambro 24-in to 41-in Adjustable Periscope Dryer Vent (Model # L3006) previously purchased at this store and visual inspection indicates it is in perfect condition. Again I was not advised the 3rd party vendor would not install the electric dryer without the purchase of a new dryer vent. The appliances were purchased on 5/30/2019 with delivery scheduled on 6/3/2019. Today has been a major consumer snafu with the delivery hassle, failure to install, unsuccessful telephone conversations with the 3rd party delivery service and a return trip back to the local store seeking a resolution, short of returning the appliances. The delivery persons inspected the install location and immediately took exception with the dryer vent, despite inspection that it was clean in perfect working order. The next issue was with the relatively new stainless steel hoses. I even showed him the previous SS hoses sitting on my work bench. Not acceptable based on his instructions and contact with the delivery service office. He then indicated I needed another part, a Lambro 4-in Dia Aluminum Dryer Vent Extender (Model # L5003), because of the dryer offset on the back. I offered to drive over the local store and get the piece 10-15 minutes. Not acceptable because I wanted to use the existing dryer vent. Recognizing, I was unable to reason with delivery an interim request was made to install the electrical wire and reverse the door panel from left to right: to right to left. I would go to Lowe’s secure vent extender and complete the hook up. Again this was totally unacceptable to the 3rd party delivery service. Similarly I requested that they attach the drain hose to the washer and I would screw on the hoses. Again this was not acceptable. They started to “throw” the appliances back into the truck despite at least a dozen times my request to bring them into the house. Only after a major confrontation the appliances were brought into the house without installation. This is a WARNING to any potential customers that are contemplating a major appliance purchase. I found Lowe’s to have an excellent selection of products, knowledgeable sales associates, and very competitive pricing. But the delivery/install service is GROSSLY flawed. A review of the Internet reveals ongoing issues with Lowe’s 3rd party service. The reality is that Lowe’s has to find a new delivery/install service to remain viable in a competitive big box market place. Potential buyers should be aware of Appliance Delivery, Installation and Haul Away and the restrictions imposed on the “free service” https://www.lowes.com/l/appliance-delivery-haulaway.html?searchTerm=appliance%20delivery Common sense does not come into play, throwing away effective items, and incurring additional costs to satisfy the 3rd party delivery/installation insurable risk concerns. These add on cost is part of the purchase price when comparative shopping. Even more interesting is the 3rd party vendor’s position the parts must be in an unopened packaging to be considered new. How this is resolved remaining to be determined.

It's an issue of liability. They have no real Idea of how old hoses and vents are.

If they used the hoses and vents that were in place and a problem with them arose all too many consumers would want to hold them responsible for damages.

By using new components there is no question if a problem comes up. Blame the legal system for their reluctance to use parts they didn't provide.

Problem with delivery

Resolved: Lowes in Cranberry, Pennsylvania - Appliance Delivery failure

2.0

Update by user Jul 22, 2017

Fridge was delivered just before 9pm on 7/21/17. One day after delivery date.

I was told several delivery drivers and a manager quit so most deliveries are being rescheduled.

Had they at least called me and explained rather than not call/not show at all I would of been empathetic.

This experience has made me very leery of purchasing any item that may need to be delivered from Lowe's ever again.

Original review posted by user Jul 20, 2017

Ordered a top freezer, bottom fridge appliance in cash July 14th, 2017. Paid for recycling of old freezer and delivery on July 20th, 2017. Nobody ever called me to confirm delivery time. I called at noon on delivery day, confirmed we were on schedule. Was told they had a driver get hurt and it would most likely be the afternoon today when it would be delivered. Nobody ever called me so I called at 5:40pm on delivery day and was told someone should have called me but the delivery is not happening. They could schedule me for a delivery on July 29th which is next available. No calls, no confirmations, no explanations, no customer service. What a horrible first experience with Lowe's!
Service
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Lack of calling us to confirm or change delivery
  • Lack of delivering product i paid for
Reason of review
Delivery issue, poor customer service
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes in Hanover, Pennsylvania - *** Job On Doors and Storm Door Order

This is the second incident with our local Lowes in PA. This time it concerned two inside doors and two storm doors. It took close to five weeks for delivery because they were a special order. When the doors arrived at Lowes we had to delay installation for two weeks because of a sewer pipe out front. When the new date arrived for the doors to be installed, the installers found the dimensions to be all wrong, in both height and width. At first I thought it was the sales person, then the door manufacturer. How can dimensions be that far off? The doors are costing over $4,000 and yet no one could had checked the measurements of the doors in the two week prior to our install date while they sat in the warehouse? No one from Lowes has called us with an explanation. The only person that apologized was the installer? Not sure who is the culprit here, but we are about done with Lowes for good.

At the end of this deal... no one from either Lowes or the Door Installers did a follow-up call.

The door installers did a great job except for a molding stripe they cut off to much, then replaced it with molding that did not even come close to the original shape and took take one guy two days to cut a five or six inch molding strip. was this a new guy?

After this... neither Lowes or the business that installed the doors will be ever used again for home installation at our house.

This is the second time we were to have our doors installed, four weeks later than agreed on, and no one has shown up at our 9:00 am appointment. No phone call, no nothing.

We will never pay through a credit card again, nor will we pay in full. Lowes never called to apologized either.

View more comments (1)
Service
Lowes Installation
Cons
  • Wrong products
  • Lack of response
  • Time frame
Problem with delivery
Tags
  • Lowes Bad SERVICE

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111