State: Pennsylvania Clear all filters (213 of 4889 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

Lowes in Millcreek, Pennsylvania - Porcelain floor falling apart

Tile grout cracking and moving. Installation was 2017 from Lake front Flooring in Erie Pa. Rep from lake front flooring said Lowes grout was an interior product, before they left he said would be in contact. that was in march of 19. went to Lowes and they said grout was not the problem and they will contact Installer. No response. Called Lowes back and they said call corporate, I did. Corporate said a work order needed. thats where im at. After 7200 investment from Lowes with a result of a big runaround. I have built two houses using lowes and this is what you get A huge buyer beware
Service
Lowes Flooring Installation

Lowes in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Kitchens

started process in January - now June - still don't have all materials. No help from store - was hung up on twice

Big lack of detail here. What process did you start?

Many people start shopping for and planning a large project months before ordering any materials. When was your order actually placed and what hasn't arrived?

Hate to tell you this but it isn't uncommon to have to re-order a few cabinets due to damage when the cabinets are shipped across the country and handled several times before getting to your home. Your are often better off having a local cabinet shop build and install your kitchen as there is less chance for damage and if it does happen they can quickly repair or replace the cabinet.

Poor customer service
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Mixed Experience

4.6

Update by user Jul 05

Since this initial “surprise”, I have checked other retail big box sellers and the same restrictions appear to be in effect. Accepting this limitation, buyers should be completely informed of this and can plan for the additional cost and do not open any connecting items.

However, I did not find this similar restriction with two local stores on delivery installation. It was strongly suggested to have new hoses, dryer power cord and non-plastic venting. Perhaps my situation was unique because I had recently replaced the various components from Lowes when remodeling the laundry room and to rebuy made no sense. I went back to my local Lowes and found them willing to work with me.

Again the issue is with the delivery/install process, outside service. Lowes gave me the needed 4” extender for the dryer and I declined the zero clearance venting. I went home installed the power cord, reversed the dryer door and inserted the vent. Unsure if a return call from the delivery/install would be made despite Lowes efforts.

Lowes again provided me a new set of hoses for the washer. Identical to the ones installed that was only 2 months old. A follow up call was made by another delivery/install team. They tried to hook up the washer, unsuccessfully.

The previous washer was 19 years old, a Whirlpool and used an anti-siphon connection at the stand pipe. The replacement GE would not seal/connect at the standpipe. They recommended a straight replacement standpipe. In discussion they had no awareness of having a trap to prevent sewer gas from entering the home.

It was obvious that their knowledge was very limited.

Told thanks and terminated the visit. I called a local plumber who successfully addressed the standpipe hook up.

Original review posted by user Jun 03

I am taking this opportunity to share my recent experience with the purchase of major appliances, washing machine and electric dryer from Lowe’s. Reflecting on A Tale of Two Cities, “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.” Lowe’s has a very extensive selection of major appliances, basically all the major brands and the pricing structure is either equal to prevailing market sector competitors or at a saving through a sale and/or promotion. A visit to my local store, Bensalem, PA provided us a comprehensive inventory for inspection and selection. The sales associate was knowledgeable and helpful in narrowing down based on our needs and criteria on technology. We were advised that the delivery would include installation through a 3rd party vendor and that Lowe’s discounted appliance parts with the major appliance parts. I advised that my washing machine hoses were bought at this store and was less than two months old. EASTMAN 2-Pack 6-ft L 3/4-in Hose Thread Inlet x 3/4-in Hose Thread Outlet Stainless Steel Washing Machine Connector (Model # 98506). There was no indication that this would be and subsequent install issue. I purchased a new Utilitech 3-Prong Gray Dryer Appliance Power Cord (Model # UTD100306) for the electric dryer and advised I have a zero clearance issue and am using a Lambro 24-in to 41-in Adjustable Periscope Dryer Vent (Model # L3006) previously purchased at this store and visual inspection indicates it is in perfect condition. Again I was not advised the 3rd party vendor would not install the electric dryer without the purchase of a new dryer vent. The appliances were purchased on 5/30/2019 with delivery scheduled on 6/3/2019. Today has been a major consumer snafu with the delivery hassle, failure to install, unsuccessful telephone conversations with the 3rd party delivery service and a return trip back to the local store seeking a resolution, short of returning the appliances. The delivery persons inspected the install location and immediately took exception with the dryer vent, despite inspection that it was clean in perfect working order. The next issue was with the relatively new stainless steel hoses. I even showed him the previous SS hoses sitting on my work bench. Not acceptable based on his instructions and contact with the delivery service office. He then indicated I needed another part, a Lambro 4-in Dia Aluminum Dryer Vent Extender (Model # L5003), because of the dryer offset on the back. I offered to drive over the local store and get the piece 10-15 minutes. Not acceptable because I wanted to use the existing dryer vent. Recognizing, I was unable to reason with delivery an interim request was made to install the electrical wire and reverse the door panel from left to right: to right to left. I would go to Lowe’s secure vent extender and complete the hook up. Again this was totally unacceptable to the 3rd party delivery service. Similarly I requested that they attach the drain hose to the washer and I would screw on the hoses. Again this was not acceptable. They started to “throw” the appliances back into the truck despite at least a dozen times my request to bring them into the house. Only after a major confrontation the appliances were brought into the house without installation. This is a WARNING to any potential customers that are contemplating a major appliance purchase. I found Lowe’s to have an excellent selection of products, knowledgeable sales associates, and very competitive pricing. But the delivery/install service is GROSSLY flawed. A review of the Internet reveals ongoing issues with Lowe’s 3rd party service. The reality is that Lowe’s has to find a new delivery/install service to remain viable in a competitive big box market place. Potential buyers should be aware of Appliance Delivery, Installation and Haul Away and the restrictions imposed on the “free service” https://www.lowes.com/l/appliance-delivery-haulaway.html?searchTerm=appliance%20delivery Common sense does not come into play, throwing away effective items, and incurring additional costs to satisfy the 3rd party delivery/installation insurable risk concerns. These add on cost is part of the purchase price when comparative shopping. Even more interesting is the 3rd party vendor’s position the parts must be in an unopened packaging to be considered new. How this is resolved remaining to be determined.

It's an issue of liability. They have no real Idea of how old hoses and vents are.

If they used the hoses and vents that were in place and a problem with them arose all too many consumers would want to hold them responsible for damages.

By using new components there is no question if a problem comes up. Blame the legal system for their reluctance to use parts they didn't provide.

Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - The most unreliable, incompetent and rude people

2.7
if i could i would give less then 1 star. They are TERRIBLE!!!!! worst worst worst services ever. Between the incompetence of their customer service, to the totally careless of the store (the Aramingo store in Philadelphia) to end to their delivery service, where they just deliver at ground floor but they don't tell you until they arrive. I ordered a pergola and a patio set for my rooftop, meant to be delivered on a Thursday all together,it changed at Friday until i received a call from the store (Aramingo) stating that they didn't know when my furniture would be delivered, to note that i travel a lot so i planned accordingly, included taking a day off to receive the furniture. Ended the conversation with this rude lady i called customer service. At that point i spoke with a lady who told me that i would receive the pergola that Thursday and the patio furniture the next day.She also sent me the tracking number (very funny the store didn't have any information). I was very surprised since i did a truck delivery that actually was fedex but after confirming with this lady multiple time that i would have received a call prior the delivery and that everything was arriving at my house i ended the call. Note, i leave in a house so i need to receive the delivery otherwise they could get stolen. After a few hours i received a notification that my patio furniture where delivered, no one called me. SO i had to run from my office and start arguing again with those incompetent people. At the end of a long call, where this person was keeping losing time apologizing (i need solution not apologies) i found out that actually the patio was delivered actually at the store but they couldn't fit me for the delivery on Friday, until after i ask to cancel my order multiple time suddenly they found the spot for me. but is not done yet! my pergola, this guys apparently didn't have any information, well guess what? i did, his colleagues previously gave me all the tracking, and i'm thinking how is that possible? 1 person has it and the other doesn't?can they be so terrible? i had to cancel the order, but once again you think the worst is done? and actually no!!! this morning (the day of the delivery) i received another call from the rude lady at the Aramingo store stating that they don't deliver on the rooftop and she told me if i wanted to have them up on my rooftop i should have carry on everything by myself or cancel the order. So, if a delivery company who does half of the job...interesting...well never never again!!!! no wonder why those company are being destroyed by Amazon. i'm so embarrassed for them and for how bad is they service, go somewhere else if you want a reliable service. and they state Lowe's home improvement, here the only thing i see need to be improved are the services they offer.
Review
Cons
  • Unbelievably poor service
  • Poor or nonexistent customer service clerk beyond disrespectful
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Price reduction
Tags
  • Unprofessional Staff
  • Dismissive To Customers

Lowes in Hermitage, Pennsylvania - Warranty issue.

3.8
I purchased a Samsung refrigerator and the 5 year warranty from Lowe’s. The refrigerator had been returned without use and placed in scratch and dent section due to a few scratches near door handles. The sale sign said “ no issues “ and because it had never been used they said I could purchase Lowe’s extended warranty, which I did. The product was delivered to the church for which I had purchased it. As soon as the refrigerator had been plugged in for a few minutes the door alarm began and continued. I called Lowe’s to get the alarm fixed but they told me the warranty was not valid on the product because it was being used by a church (business). My complaint is that the store knew I was purchasing for a church but did not mention that the warranty would not apply and that once the church plugged it in and put something in it, it was now considered used and no one could purchase the extended warranty on a used product. We are returning the refrigerator to Lowe’s and they are giving us a full refund. However, I am upset that they sold me a refrigerator, at a good price, that had issues they were unwilling to fix, and now a store warranty is useless. Is there any recourse for something like this? Kathy Yobe

Yes, the next Tim e you purchase a product take time to read the warranty BEFORE you purchase the product. Many consumer products have warranties that cover the product for residential use but if it is used for commercial purposes the coverage goes away or is decreased. Don't take a salespersons word for what is covered by the warranty as they may not be totally accurate in what they tell you.

PEOPLE WHO BUY EXTENDED WARRANTIES ARE `USUALLY "A FEW FRIES SHORT OF A HAPPY MEAL" BEST JUST TO PUT THE MONEY AWAY IN THE BANK UNTIL WHEN OR IF YOU EVER NEED IT, INSTEAD OF PURCHASING A WARRANTY THAT THE SCAMSTERS WILL REFUSE TO HONOR!

Samsung Electronics Refrigerator
Warranty issue

Lowes in Monroeville, Pennsylvania - Closing my account

I know a lot of people agreed that lowes/synchrony did the right thing when they closed my account. but I just don't understand why they did it at the time they did it. my son got into my banking account, I don't know how, and cleaned it out !! the hardest thing I had to do, was to get things back on track.my other creditors worked with me. and when I finally got everything fixed up, and at first, my payments, sometimes a little late, were being paid. then when everything was on time, caught up, and I was feeling pretty good, because we did without a lot of things, this was hard. I was making my payments, then BAM ! I get letter in mail saying after a review, synchrony said I wasn't good enough for them.. I cried and then, I thought *** on them. I was more hurt because they waited till things started going well, and then tossed me out.

When you applied for your account there would have been a lot of fine print on the application. In the fine print it tells you that from time to time they may review your credit.

I would expect that they checked your current credit rating and found they fell below what is an acceptable credit risk for them. They aren't to blame, it is your son that got into your accounts that you should be blaming, not the credit companies, they didn't ruin your credit.

Don’t take it personally. I think we all go through tough situations like this at least once in our lifetime.

Cut up the credit card, pay off the debt and say good riddance. In six months they will be sending you offers to open up another account.

I make it ritual to burn the offers and say “Take your 29+% interest and shove it”. Now that...is a good feeling!

Lowes in Lancaster, Pennsylvania - Appliance nightmare

Long story short....ordered 4 new kitchen appliances during their Black Friday event. We were told early January delivery. It's now mid February and we have been informed that delivery to the store will be late March. Seriously? 4 months? Communication has been mediocre at best. The store people know nothing. I've called their HQ and gotten better information. I called a local Appliance dealer who told me we could have anything we ordered installed within a week to ten days. Cancelled my order with Lowe's and now going to have to figure out how to get my money back from them since I opened an interest free CC and made payments in good faith. All the incentives in the world mean nothing if Customer service is not there to back it up.

The problem probably isn't with Lowes but with the manufacturer. I'd be willing to bet the appliances you purchased were either LG or Samsung.

When Lowes give you an expected delivery date it is based on what the manufacturer tells them. If the manufacturers United States warehouses run out of stock new product has to be ordered from their plants in Korea. If there are none in stock in Korea new production has to be scheduled which can take months. Once produced the would be put on a ship to the US to be delivered to the manufacturers US warehouses and then to the store.

This process alone can take a month or more.

As you say, to make a long story short, blame the manufacturer. If you want appliances right away purchase models IN STOCK at the store you are buying from, not ordered from the manufacturer.

@Anonymous

lg and Samsung take anywhere between 6 to 8 weeks to order in and delivery during a holiday always takes longer due to the volume in stores always ask before you buy ...ask questions

Lowes in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Unhappy painter

Used two coats of Valspar paint with primer using the same color it was previously painted and it didn’t cover. I am in the third coat. I bought the more expensive signature paint and it still didn’t cover

Soooo your complaint should be with Valspar as that is their product. Lowe’s is a retail store that sells products that they purchased in bulk directly from manufacturers.

They do not manufacture paint or anything else for that matter in the back room. If they did they would need a much MUCH bigger building.

Valspar Paint
Bad quality

Lowes in Johnstown, Pennsylvania - Fake chance to win $300 guift card

Purchased ( on CC Card) lumber today, at checkout associate reminded me to enter to win $300. Went on www.lowes.com/survey. Took survey, answered a lot of questions about products (sure hope I don't get more spam by giving e-mail add.) Towards end given list to purchase something, multi. pages to purchase something, when I didn't lost chance to enter for Gift card. Home Depot is also close and I have card for them also.
Lowes Website
Fair pricing

Lowes in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Poor Experience

I purchased Floor from Lowe's and requested installation. They use subcontractors. A small gentleman named Tim, who seemed sick, did the measuring. I asked him several questions, but he could not answer. He said I needed to ask the installers. I asked Tim if my kitchen floor would be removed. He said he didn't know, that I needed to ask the installers. He gave the wrong measurement of my baseboard to Lowe's which I corrected. Tim told the contractors that my floor was the original in the house and there was asbestos in my floor, which he made up. I was livid. I found this out on my own after making several phone calls to see what was taking so long. So now I have to locate someone to install my floor. I will be returning the flooring to Lowes. Very unhappy with this. I called to report. Their complaint departments are spread out among many states (nothing in PA) and their customer service reps don't sound professional, so I told gentleman I would make further contact.
Service