State: Pennsylvania City: Harrisburg Clear all filters (9 of 4884 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania - Rude Angry Employee

2.0
Marsha in the blinds dept seems to need an attitude adjustment. She is not very helpful and used profanity in front of customers
Lowes Customer Care
Poor customer service

Lowes in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania - Worst customer service ever!!!

My refrigerator went out while I was out of town, returned home to a horrible smelling house because my fridge stop work. This is 14 months into a extended warranty contract. When I called the Sunday following this discovery, their system was down and I had to wait and additional day for the service call, they scheduled me for 2 days later. When the service men came, they told the motherboard or something went out. and it would take 12 -14 days for the part to come in and they l would let me know when it comes in; the day went by no one called me or anything. I called the next day the lady I spoke with said, " if you rent a refrigerator, we will reimburse you 25%". I got pissed and asked to speak with a manager and JoJo from corporate gets on the line and sets up a lender. Well, it took another 2 days to bring that lender. But, it only gets worst from here, once they came and set up the lender, they leave and one hour later the fridge stops working. I call and they tell me someone will get back to me before the day is over. When the delivery men call me back, they tell me I have someone's fridge that was in the store for repair. Now, they come back the following day (still another day without a refrigerator), when they come they repair the customers fridge and leave it in my house. Now it is three weeks before my fridge is repaired, so they tell me to keep the lender for two or three days and then have it picked up. Well, I call twice and the fridge was in my garage a total of 32 days before they finally picked it up. After, all this ***, now I am waiting on my $300.00 food reimbursement, I sent that in the beginning of May, they tell me, it was never processed because I didn't put prices beside the list of items I submitted (this is the list off food that was in my fridge when it stopped working). But, get this even if you don't submit everything properly no one will ever contact you and let you know, you have to finally call them and they will inform you at that time. So, guess what from April 23, 2017 to now July 11, 2017 I still do not have my reimbursement check, they will let you know it take 21- 28 day to process your claim, even after they have made you life a living ***. I will never buy anything from Lowes ever again. If you are smart get a Home Depot Charge Card and never look back. They never offer me one thing for all my inconvenience or trouble. Lowes sucks!!!!
dj1506

I hear you. Lowe's is horrible.

Dont use Lowes or Chris George of Alabama Dream Homes! This is the slowest, lowest quality, and most stressful install company we have ever used. The contracts with Lowe's to install siding and a deck were signed on March 2, 2017. We were told that the siding would be completed in two weeks and the deck project would be completed in a similar timeframe.

We have had to deal with multiple problems and difficulties with quality and timing of work, and the conduct of Lowe's or Alabama Dream Homes.

The problems include:

The subcontractor Alabama Dream Homes selected by Lowe's attempted to perform various portions of the work in a manner that did not comply with applicable city building codes, and we and/or the City of Opelika, Alabama were required to insist that building codes be followed.

Alabama Dream Homes also did not obtain building permits as required by the City of Opelika, until forced to do so at our insistence; various shortcuts and/or improper materials were used on the project, requiring us to have to insist that the substandard work be remedied, and in some cases, the substandard work is still not remedied. Many of the main screws attaching the deck to the house were not even touching the house, since they tried to cover damaged wood. And this deck is about ten feet off the ground! I have video of Chris George playing with one of our security cameras, probably to disable them so we could not see the bad work he does.

Boxes, empty food bags, drinks and other trash has been repeatedly left in our yard.

Ladders, trailers and other construction materials or equipment left in the yard for weeks; and most notably, Lowe's and/or Alabama Dream Homes have continued to delay and the project still has not been completed, as of July 13th, 2017. We have complained to corporate Lowes for weeks, but they are not able to help much and Lowes has shown no willingness to provide any type of refund or compensation.

If you are smart you would know that the stores is not responsible for the service plan. The service plan is provided by an outside vendor, not Lowes.

Same thing at Home depot, the service plans are provided by outside vendors.

You should be placing the blame on the vendor, not the store. Rather than complaining about the loaner Lowes provided you should be happy that they provided it at all, bet Home Depot wouldn't have done that.

How is this Lowe's fault? They aren't responsible for the product or the warranty. They just sold the product.

View more comments (2)
Refrigerator Repair
Cons
  • Rude executive associate
  • Disinterest on the part of lowes employees
Full refund

Lowes in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania - LOUSY customer service

Yesterday, I placed an online order for two packages of grommets totaling $2.34. I did so because Lowes online ordering and pickup is supposed to save me time. I arrived at the store in Harrisburg, PA to pickup the order, and only one person (Dom) was working in customer service. She was helping another line with returns. After a good 10 - 15 minutes I asked her to alternate between the two lines. She ignored me, did not even acknowledge that I had spoken. I asked her again several times, and each time it was if I had not even spoken. After I had been waiting at least 30 minutes, Donna showed up and punched in. She then proceeded to help a customer who TOLD HER that he had already been helped, despite my objections. It yet took another associate showing up after I had been waiting aver 40 minutes to get me these grommets! I took down the telephone number of the store manager as I left and called in, getting the service desk. They supposedly transferred me to Stephen, the manager, but I suspect it was not really him, Whoever I spoke with said that this was "unacceptable" and that he would talk to the two people I mentioned, but he did not want me coming back in to the store from the parking area from where I was calling when he did so. I am infuriated with the entire experience, and will most likely be taking my future business to Home depot. Although this purchase was small, I am the owner of an old home with an acre of property, and I have done a *lot* of business with Lowes in the past.
Jumpa

Most all grommets are right down in Hardware section... it would have taken you 4 minutes to walk down and get them.

Unless you are too "lazy"& I do believe that's the case here not to save time

It's a new trend by millennials to walk in the store sit down at customer service bench and do all their shopping online, "on their ***" It is not about saving time it's about being too darn lazy to walk around the store!!!

They then get upset if the stuff isn't brought up to the CS desk immediately or within 15 minutes

Sorry but most sales associates are busy helping the non-lazy customers actually walking around the store to buy stuff I've seen this many times so when they send down an internet order I do not fill it until all my "in store" customers are all set.

Sounds like you would have saved yourself alot of time and trouble over $2.34 if you just got off your lazy ***, grabbed your grommets, went through the check out and went home.

Jumpa
@Anonymous

Hoorah, tell it, my brother!!!

Did you read the part where she was upset because she couldn't watch the sales associate get yelled at by the manager what and evil p[erson huh?

View more comments (2)
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Customer Service Lowes

Lowes in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania - Carpet Bought and Installed by Lowe's

I had the original builder's carpet (23 years old) replaced in my house. Living room dining room, stairs, hallway and 3 bedrooms. This house is occupied by myself and my husband (in our 50s). The only thing wrong with the old carpet is it was worn in some spots. Lowe's has contractors install their carpet. The carpet I bought has a 25 year warranty. In two years it looked like *** (way worse than the original builder's carpet). It started to buckle all over the house (even in the hallway where there is no furniture). Horrible. I would never, ever, ever, buy carpet at lowe's. The quality of the carpet and especially the installation was terrible. A waste of a lot of money. No excuse for this!!!!! And, someone needs to tell me why carpet with a 25 year warranty only comes with a one year installation warranty - oh, yeah, that's right - the installers do a *** job and Lowe's knows it. I will never step foot inside a lowe's for any reason and neither will any of my siblings, in-laws, cousins and everyone we tell about it on facebook.
Lowes Carpet Installation
Bad quality
Full refund

Lowes in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania - Terrible Customer Service

Ordered paint online and tried to pick it up three times. The website said the paint was ready for immediate pick up. Waited in line for 20 minutes to be told that Internet orders aren't mixed until the customer shows up. What it the point of ordering online?!? They were busy as usual and only had one person working (as usual), so I told them I would return the next day to pick up the paint. Stood in line again for 20+ minutes, only to be told the paint wasn't mixed yet for the second time and that it would take at least another 30 minutes for it to be done again. The third time, I stood in line for 25 minutes because only one person was working again. This time they couldn't make the paint at all because one of their mixing machines was broken. (They could make gallon sizes only.) Talked to the manager who said that the paint count ALWAYS has THREE people working but that has NEVER been my experience shopping there for the past few years. It is only one person with visitations by a second person. Cancelled the online order and will get something similar at Home Depot. I am so sick and tired of dealing with this store. They used to have great customer service but the past two have been TERRIBLE. Don't waste your time at: Harrisburg, PA 4000 Union Deposit Rd. Harrisburg, PA 17109, Store #0522 Go to the Harrisburg East Lowes or Home Depot off Jonestown road instead so you don't waste your time. Similar experiences with ALL departments at this store.

You can thank the store manager Jamie stauffer who is no longer there for totally ruining that store. They lost 60 percent of their valuable staff.

Tags
  • Customer Service Lowes

Lowes in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania - Treatment of Vet

Today I went to Lowes on the Carlisle Pike in Mechanicsburg Pa. I asked for a veteran discount and showed my DD-214 (discharge papers) and a document from the Veterans Administration showing that I am a disabled vet. Yet those documents and a drivers license were not enough to get a discount. Whatever they were looking for was not given to us in the 60's. Those 3 together are enough to get a vet into the American Legion and the VFW. Lowes will never see me again and I will discourage everyone I talk to about shopping there. I am - Tom Rizzutto 607 Bay Street, Mechanicsburg Pa 17050.

There seems to be a confusion about the Military discount policy at Lowes. As stated in the policy.

The year-round Military discount at Lowes is for Active Military, Immediate family of active military, retired military, and disabled veterans. Therefore the only IDs accepted per policy are VA cards, retired military cards, Valid active/dependant cards. As those are the only photo ids that are consistant with the policy. The discount is opened up to all veterans on other select times of the year i.e.

Memorial day weekend, veterans day weekend.

4th of July weekend and such. During those times a DD2 14 are accepted with a drivers license.

Mr. Rizzuto - I'm sorry for the disrespect you encountered both here on this forum and at Lowe's.

You see, anonymous cowards like RetailCop and Heartless need to feel like big men by posting insults to others. Imagine how petty and pathetic their lives are.

They are to be pitied. I for one thank you for your service and apologize that some of the people you fought to protect are total wastes.

Send me your receipt and I'll send you the $1.30 you would have saved.

*** you heartless. Your living because of vets. You need to be slapped in the face a few times.Hide behind a computer talking chit doesn't make you so special.

A DD-214 isn't an accepted form of proof. And the cashiers make far ABOVE minimum wage at Lowe's.

A DD 214 is not among the documents accepted for a vet's discount. I believe they accept a VA card or a military ID.

Thanks for your service; however, a cashier isn't going to break the rules and possibly lose their job for you can get a measly 10% discount. You follow rules in the military and in your job, right?

Voice of reason you're clearly a conservative. I suggest you look up Menards on here and see all the veteran cry about not getting a 10% discount at that store anymore.

Want to know why they don't offer it anymore A VOICE OF REASON CAME ALONG CALLED EQUAL RIGHTS. Veterans are no more special then any other working citizen including teachers/policemen/firefighters/doctors/janitors whoever else you want to thank for making this country what it is. Joining the military is nothing more then a career choice. My grandpa, my dad, my uncle, my other uncle who died in Vietnam and my brother are or have been in the military.

NONE OF THEM WOULD COME ON HERE AND CRY ABOUT A SILLY 10% discount.

They didn't join because they felt they should get special treatment afterwards. THEY LAUGH AT ALL THESE CLOWNS DISRESPECTING THE USA and there career choice.

I hope you are just trolling because that is really ***.

Oh my goodness. BETTER not go to Menards then because you will find out they don't even offer a veteran discount.

You want to know why? BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL.

Just because you chose a certain career does not mean you're entitled to certain discounts. Doctors/Teacher/Fire Fire fighters/ Policemen none of them get a discount and none of them cry about it, but the ex military cry about it 24/7 what a bunch of self entitled idiots.

View more comments (8)
Review

Lowes in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania - My contractor was told I must have picked up the tub/surround!

I purchased a tub/surround for a rental home we own. I told them my contractor would pick it up. No problem...until he tried to pick it up. First they told him it wasn't in the computer. Couple of days later he went to pick it up again, nope, couldn't find it, I must have picked it up. (I was under the assumption that my guy had the items and work was under way). Couple of days later I get a message that lowes left wanting to know when we were picking up the tub/surround! So, now I'm blaming it on my contractor...nope...he goes over there again, they can't find it, I must have picked it up! So, this time he says "no" let's go look for it. He said they finally found it waaaay in the back, behind a bunch of stuff! So, we finally have the tub/surround, over a week later! I guess it's my fault, I have never made a purchase from this Lowes (Harrisburg, PA), that was correct. I think they must have a "secret" handshake, or code or something that I don't know. I am not a "total" incompetant, my husband and I renovate old houses, so I spend around $20,000/year, mostly at Home Depot. I renovated my own kitchen last year, and spent nearly $30,000. at HD. Everything was perfect, no problems, nothing back ordered. In future I will skip Lowes and just use Home Depot.

Lowes in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania - Didn't contact me for an estimate

I paid for a floor estimate and it took two week for them to call me. I had to call them and they jerked me around. The sub contractor after measuring the floor never supplied the estimate. I complained and then after a week of calling he said my mositure content was to high to install the floor. Why didn't the sub contractor call the day he proclaimed he found the problem. The reason is clear he was mad I complained about him. I asked for a new subcontractor. I asked Lowe's for the estimate since I paid for it and never received one. Very poor service from the Lowe's store manager flooring sales person and fly by night sub contractors.
Lowes Manager

Lowes manager allowed another company to take new appliances free

I worked at Lowes in Hanover Pa. and I discovered what the Manager was doing and I caught the man picking up the appliances that Lowes said were damaged. Most were all Ok and this other company sold the appliances. I also caught another employee stealing items out thru the dumpster and another person picked up the items and put them i his truck. I gave Corey Becker the tag number but he did not do nothing. I guit working for Lowes due to the crooks not doing the right thing and contacted Lowes and they also did nothing. I hate Lowes for what they did.

You're an ***. I work at the Lowes in Hanover and I have never heard of anything "crooked" being done by any of the managers.

I've been there more than 3 years. Corey's pretty cool and he's done his job better than most would as far as I have seen.

@Vince

Corey is a great manager. He's also good in.........well you know! Leave him alone!

retailer4life suggested to contact the district manager, from what I understand that was already done. Angie Culbert, titled District Manager, but has no clue what she is doing, was informed of this and did nothing. See that is the store she came from.......

Could these appliances you are speaking of be the old units from customers and the defective RTM'd units the store places outside of the store? Most stores DO have an outside company come get them and YES they do get paid for them by this company.

Before you post things, know your facts. And why would you quit because you thought the store mgr was stealing?

Sounds like you are a classic case of a poor employee that got fired trying to bad mouth a store mgr and his former employee. Have fun on welfare.

This needs to be forwarded to CEO Robert Niblock with the offenders names, job titles, and all immediately! You can also forward this to your district manager and regional president/vice-president. I would also post it in the local newspaper if you are certain you have the incidents, actions, and those involved correctly identified.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Manager

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111