State: Pennsylvania Product: Lowes Customer Care Clear all filters (14 of 481 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Lowes in Willow Grove, Pennsylvania - Now hiring the most obviously ignorant people in Customer Service!

1.8

Update by user Sep 05, 2018

Went in to pay bill, where do they find these surly people? If I hated my job, you can be certain I'd find another. I have not been contacted, I will pay this off and as long as there are still Home Depot's or True Value, I do not need to patronize an operation that cannot train employees common courtesy.

Original review posted by user Aug 06, 2018

Don't take my word for it, go there and stand at customer service and WAIT for one of these people to even acknowledge your existence...or even make EYE CONTACT. I stood 5 feet from a 'CUSTOMER SERVICE REP' who stood at the register in front of her for more than 5 minutes, not waiting on anyone, looking down at her PHONE, not even looking up to see I was waiting to PAY MY CC BILL. She finally, without even looking at me, turned to another loitering 'employee' who was doing nothing at returns and asked her to 'take care of this guy'-RUDE, NON-PROFESSIONAL, AND DOWN-RIGHT IGNORANT. I will pay off my balance at Lowes and will patronize the HOME DEPOT that is 1/2 mile away instead-this is a COMMON OCCURANCE at this location, frequent enough that it is not just a fluke. Lowes Corporate, PAY ATTENTION, my neighbors all seem to concur with my observations.

I did try to call the store manager, was put on hold repeatedly for almost one hour. No accountability.

@Anonymous

Then Call Customer Care!

Lowes corporate doesnt use this. if you want to make a formal complaint... ask for a Store Manager or call customer care.

Unfortunately, this is the state of retail in the age of big box retail. As an insider, I know It’s all about hitting the high sales numbers not profit.

In order to do that they have to keep the prices low, on some items, even at a loss. They have little control over the cost of goods, and total control over thier labor costs. These wokers make $10.00 an hour, and half of the customers they have to deal with, are appallingly abusive. After a while, I have seen it wear out the most friendly and competant Customer Service Associate.

In general Home Depot is the same way. For the consumer, I would suggest that you take your business to a higher priced local or smaller chain of hardware store where the employees are more motivated by higher compensation.

And... For the Customer Service Associate, I would suggest that you pursue employment at such a store that doesn’t cater to such unreasonable “low rent” customers that have learned that, if they are abusive and “I want to speak to a manager”, then they will get even a bigger discount on their cheap goods.

Machele

The sad thing is that this is not uncommon with many retailers. Good, presentable people who can and will do the job they are hired for are becoming increasingly rare.

The fact that, in your case the employee was allowed to have her cell phone turned on during working hours is bad enough without her staring at it for minutes at a time as if it were a just fried pan of side pork.

Unreliable, inept and lazy employees are now common. Shop at stores that tend to hire better people.

Stop crying

@Anonymous 101

How about ‘stop trolling’...

@Anonymous 101

Stop trolling

View more comments (7)
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Ignorant employees
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in West Mifflin, Pennsylvania - No one available

2.0
Why do the window shades people leave at 7 when the store is opened until 10? And by though they tell you they leave at 7 it is actually 6:30. There is one person covering all of electrical and plumbing. Where is the customer service?

You are shopping at a big box store. You shouldn't expect a lot of service from a big box store.

The bottom line comes above everything else in a publicly traded big box store. The easiest way to cut expenses is to cut payroll.

During the slower time of the day they will cut to a bare minimum of employees in the store. If you want great customer service go to a local store.

Lowes in Matamoras, Pennsylvania - Employees not helpful

2.7
Lowe’s seems to only employ condescending {{Redacted}} I asked to see the refrigerator water filters, you know, point me in the right direction, when old retiree that apparently didn’t save for retirement and now has to work asked what make and model. I replied I didn’t know and that I would know what I need when I see it. Apparently that was hilarious. Another time I wanted to see the selection of backsplashes and after waiting a few minutes to find an employee that wasn’t on their phone, they begrudgingly told me an isle number that didn’t exist. Home Depot it is. Westfall, PA.

You'd be surprised how many {{REDACTED}} buy the wrong product, tear the package apart and return that filter they knew was the right one when they saw it. They did the correct thing by asking what make and model you had so they could get you the correct filter. Seems like they were there to be helpful but you were being the *** in not appreciating what they were trying to do for you.

If you're so savvy that you'll "know it when you see it" then figure out how to find the aisle with the water filters. Even Lowe's *** website will tell you that.Backsplashes come in two forms.

The cheap, fake plastic sheets that are in the kitchen department or actual tile from the flooring department. It's not that hard.

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania - Rude Angry Employee

2.0
Marsha in the blinds dept seems to need an attitude adjustment. She is not very helpful and used profanity in front of customers

Lowes in Hamburg, Pennsylvania - Lumber Aisle

The Hamburg, Pa store needs to open thier lumber aisle. I was there Friday at 4ish, it was closed. Came back at 6:30 or so and it was still closed. Went there Sunday morning and it was still closed. Parked my cart with other items in it and left. Tried 3 times to spend money at this store this weekend, 3 times i left pssied off. Can't believe they have there lumber yard closed on a weekend. Off to Home Depot.

Menards will get to PA eventually and you will find out what you have been missing in a home center.

Your post isn't very clear. Are you talking about the aisle with lumber inside the store or are you trying to get into some kind of an exterior lumber yard?

@Anonymous

The aisle inside.

View more comments (2)

Lowes in Langhorne, Pennsylvania - Coperate lied

I texted lowes coperate to see if locations would cut a key fob I purchased online through a vendor. After multiple bot responses thenext day I was told all locations could cut the key I purchased else where. I go to my local store employee has no idea tries to get a manager on phone, then goes to physically find a manager. Who then says they can not do it. I tell and show them my correspondance with coperate. She calls someone then again says they wont do it. I leave call complaint line 30 minutes mainly on hold to then get told someone has misinformation and the company will work on it. So hour spent one day and uncut keys still.

Why would any store cut a key they aren't selling? What if it gets cut wrong?

You will want them to replace a blank they didn't even sell you and make a profit from. Do the right thing and buy the key from someone who will cut it and guarantee the cut rather that buying a cheap knock off on the internet and expecting someone else to take responsibility for the cut.

#1452059

Probably a security key. They won’t touch any numbered key.

I had to replace a security key and tried HD and Lowe’s. They explained there is a liability involved that they don’t wish to be responsible for. So you wasted your time no reason to head to the web and complain. It’s called live and learn.

Not a ripoff. Not a scam. I’m 100% sure that you told corporate that you were trying to copy some form of special key right? That you sent detailed pictures?

No? Then if you didn’t then they are both right. Corporate was assuming you were talking about some kitchy key from Spencer’s. When you get to the store it’s a specialty key and they can’t do it.

You are trying to get around having to spend hundreds of dollars to get a copy of that special key. It didn’t work out the cheaper way that’s all.

View more comments (1)
Review
#1219054 Review #1219054 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Lancaster, Pennsylvania - Rude employee

The female at the self checkout was so unbelievably rude, I left the store not sure I ever wanted to shop at Lowe's again. I picked up 2 items and proceeded to the self checkout. After scanning them they were more expensive than I wanted to pay. (The price under them on the shelves was $11.?? but they scanned at $23.99) I tried to remove them from the order by following the voice instructions which said to scan the item to remove. I removed both items (my mistake) from the bag. Well the voice said "item removed from bag". The female started yelling at me to "put it back in the bag. She did not get up, she just sat there yelling at me. I took a step toward her to ask for help, she got up and came over (I'm sure she rolled her eyes). She never asked how she could help, just said again to put them back in the bag. I told her I no longer wanted them and why. She said someone probably put them in the wrong place. (ok, I know that happens.) I started to ask her what she wanted me to do with them and she interrupted me and said "I heard you, you can go now." The sad thing is the gentleman in the tile section and the woman at customer service were very nice and both helped me, but what I will remember is the rudeness from her at the end..

you were probably the 20th person that day that couldn't follow the on-screen directions. I'd be pretty rude too. And probably the 100th person that tried to price switch an item.

Lowes in Clearfield, Pennsylvania - Flooring

2.6
Home improvements? Haha....joke....youre "sale specialist" and i use that lightly", is unimformed, scatterbrained, and after a commission. We were spending tons of money ( flipping a house).. you guessed it, not now.....take the time, screen and train your ppl.....clearfield pa store, flooring dept.....AWFUL!!!

Fist and foremost, Lowe's Sales Specialist's have not earned commissions since 2011.

Secondly, they have seen and 16% pay reduction over the last five years...

forcing most "qualified / seasoned" individual to work in a specific trade field and no longer in the stores.

Sadly, the staff is very poorly trained, but please remember this is rarely that associates fault.

They are hired, and thrown out to the floor to deal with flippers and contractors...

or DIYers, who come into Home Improvement stores looking for professional grade knowledge and code information due to them not wanting to pay for a "professional" to do it for them.

Lowe's CEO gave himself a 14 million dollar bonus this year, also along side a new sales bonus system that makes it nearly impossible for the "little guys" on the ground to receive any sort of financial bonus for there hard work.

Lowes Johnstown, Pa. Poor customer service

3.2
Went to lowes Johnstown, Pa. today to purchase 10 bags of red mulch. I entered the garden center to purchase and because it was going to storm. They closed the doors to that department. I asked the person who was closing the door if I could still get mulch and could someone load them for me. She assured me someone would meet me out there. But i had to go to the main registers to check out. So i did. Stephanie was my cashier. I asked her to be sure some one could load my car. She said i dont think there is anyone. I said well I guess I'll need to go some where else. I replied could you call someone please. She turned to the next cashier who said someone should be out there. Then the women who closed the garden center doors said someone is out there. I proceed to get my car and go to where the mulch is. Waited 15 minutes no one came. It was starting to rain. So I loaded my own car in the rain. It is a good thing I am honest I could have loaded as many as I wanted ! I am a single women of 67 and felt someone should have heped me. This is not the first time.

If there is a storm coming why are you shopping for things in the yard anyway. You can bet they are busy making sure products that can be damaged by the storm are undercover and protected.

They are closing doors and other precautions in preparation for the storm. Seems like your expectations are somewhat unreasonable considering the pending weather.

Something about Lowe's being a self service DIY store maybe? Hmmmmm.......could be!

Typical entitled baby boomer. If you can't lift it, it means you can't work with it.

Nobody cares about your garden. Stay inside the house.

Load all you want. The garden center is utterly worthless.

Any profit margin on your *** bags of dirt and wood that are freely available by other means is totally eaten by the marked down plants. Get ***.

who is going to unload them when you get home...pepe the gardner????

Machele

This is the state of many large businesses---employees who really don't care about the job or anything resembling good customer service. We are doomed.

View more comments (4)

(800) 445-6937
All Lowes Contacts

Lowes Reviews

Lowes reviews

Lowes in Ambridge, Pennsylvania - Service after the sales.....

I too as mentioned by a previous review, could have lived in Lowes. Unfortunately, after I had new windows, central air and carpeting installed in my mother's home, we had an issue with the carpeting. The front door needed to be custom built. When installing the door, the kick plate ended with being an inch from the carpeting, leaving a gap. I was more than willing to pay for the repair, however, after contacting them several times (each time calling I needed to retell the issue in spite of being told it would be recorded on their computer.) I have come to the conclusion that once Lowes receives your money, you are on your own after that. In addition, I once recommended to my local Lowes to install a computer kiosk where a customer could type what they were looking for and where it was in the store. The associate told me I could check the web site to determine if what I wanted was in stock. I asked if the site listed where it was in the store. They replied, "Well, no."