State: Pennsylvania City: Philadelphia Clear all filters (33 of 4874 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes Scams Customers on Rebates

Promised an in-store rebate to have a dishwasher delivered, Lowes in Oaks, PA, will not honor the $75.00 rebate because we also had the dishwasher installed. They claim that it was not delivered, it was installed, a seperate and additional charge (which we also paid). The sales manager told me the dishwasher met rebate qualifications and the rebate form was printed out at the register. When we stopped payment on the check, the bank clerk remarked, "They won't give you the gift card will they?" We asked if this happens often and they stated that they can not say.

My contact info is below. I'm bringing claims.

Jos. Santoli, Esq

I purchased a $1,200 Kitchenaid Dishwasher online on June 29, 2012. Right under the "Add to Cart" buttom, it stated a rebate was available.

After I paid for the diswasher, I was taken to another screen that said the rebate program was called the "KitchenAid Major Appliance $300-$400 Rebate" and offered me a convenient area to download the form. I immediately downloaded the rebate form and filed it online. Unfortunately, I just received a letter saying I don't qualify for any rebate because I didn't purchase 3 appliances at the same time. MISLEADING!!!

This was stated nowhere during any part of the purchase or rebate process. I even read the Terms of Offere where it states "Consumer may choose one model per appliance type up to a maximum of 4 models, with a maximum rebate of $400 per household." It says nothing about a minimum.

WHAT A SCAM! I would have purchased a cheaper dishwasher!

Joseph Santoli, Esq.

Lowes has a history of this. If it happened to you call my cell at 201-926-9200 or email me at jsantoli@santolilaw.com with your tel no and details.

We are bringing claims to get scustomers their money back.

Jos. Santoli, Esq.

That happened to us as well. Even though we paid almost $1000 for a dishwasher there, they said we can not get the $150 back for the rebate that we filled. I am very upset about that.

I had to comment to upset, if your receipt show that you paid for a delivery, it will state right on the reciept, "delivery", right beside the number 2. Then you are able to get the rebate and I as a manager would make the call to the rebate center after you received your letter denying your claim.

to help you get your money.

BUT, if you did not pay for a delivery, please respond, why would you expect to get moneys for something you did not pay for. Please respond, I would like to know what are consumers are or are not thinking

I love the people who come into the store 2 months after their purchase and say " I didn't get my rebate and they show us the rebate receipt. We ask did you mail it in?

"NO". and they still want us to give them money for their *** mistakes.

What do they expect. For the retailers to always pay for their stupidity.

And most people on this forum do even read the rebates. Their just to lazy to do the work.

@robusto

Thanks for your reply. I will keep your post in mind when I think about going in lowes.

And they do have competition.

People like you make us shop with your competition. Hope you don't get down sized because of slow business.

Working @ Lowes, if you have the dishwasher installed they actually don't charge you to have it delivered so you wouldn't qualify for the free delivery. The free delivery rebate prints out automatically if your applaince is above $397.

The only rebate you may have qualified for was free installation if the dishwasher was above $497. This is a totally separate rebate and at the rebate center we can correct that for you if it happens.

Well, Mr. Lowes Knows, you popped up here, too.

C'mon, now, we @ Lowes you are a little slow and can only write that one little lowes lawsuits line, but step up, try real hard, and think up a complete sentence here.

Or maybe you cannot defend yourself in this forum..... Maybe you were one of the terminated Lowes "do nothing" associates and you too feel like venting with your all too stale lawsuits line......

www.lowes-lawsuis.com

Hey, "upset customer" do you also want someone from here @ Lowes to come over and wash the dishes for you, too? These posts from you guys are getting ridiculous!

Like I said before to CMiller Now read CAREFULLY HERE.... THE $140 INSTALL PRICE INCLUDES THE DELIVERY... THE ***** DELIVERY FEE WAS NEVER CHARGED TO YOU!!! HOW DO YOU WANT OR EXPECT TO GET A REBATE ON SOMETHING YOU DID NOT EVEN PAY FOR!!!!

The dishwasher was delivered, installed, you paid no sales tax, and the old one was hauled away Yes, the receipt prints out a rebate... It's a *** cash register! It even prints out the delivery rebate if you buy something, know it can be delivered, and opt to take it and have us load it up in your usually way too small SUV.

There is NO WAY for us, as humans, to reprogram the register to not print that rebate slip. :(

I have to agree with Cmiller. The same thing happened to us.

When you are promised something, the store should deliver. Ours was for free delivery, installation and haul away for dishwashers over a certain amount. The rebate form printed out.

Now we are told that the model we bought does not qualify. The rebate offer says it does.

Mr. Miller, you say you had the dishwasher installed by Lowe's, correct?

In our Lowes, that $140 D/W install fee INCLUDES the delivery by the installer, the installation, AND the haul-away of the old unit! Plus, if your area is like ours, there was also NO SALES TAX charged if you had the install arranged through the store!! The delivery fee only applies if you have the store deliver it, drop it off (with NO INSTALL NO HAUL AWAY of the old dishwasher).

So, you actually came out ahead if you ask me. Please read my other posts @ POC Lowes, I just get so tired of dealing with customers such as yourself who try to "work" the system on us, you know what your're doing, and get mad and feel you have to post when you get "outed" in forums such as this.

@retailer4life

Actually he has a point. As far as working the system, are you kidding me?!!

I didn't buy a dishwasher, I bought a dryer and requested interest free payments instead of a percentage off. I was also granted a discount as a sale was occurring and the model wasn't in the store. I made it a point to reiterate the price, discount, extension several times to ensure that it was copacetic.

I received my bill and it was higher and as if I had been talking to myself. I was livid and customer service at corporate level are inept or seemingly ignorant/apathetic.

The store personnel were more helpful.

It took close to two plus weeks to clear up. It shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Paint rebates are also scams. Their rebate applies to qualifying items but their is no way to determine what is and is not a qualifying item; the store can't even tell.

The advertised brand and type are not enough information. You are a fool to believe anything that they say.

View more comments (14)
Product
Lowes Gift Card

Lowes in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Washer broke seven days ago and is still broke

My new washer that I just bought from Lowes Route One in Lewes Delaware, broke seven days ago. They sent someone out to take a look at it. The service man said it would take another four days for the part to come in. On top of that it would take another three to four days for them to get back out to take care of it. I feel Lowes does not honor their contracts, they dont worry about the inconvieninces that you go through. As a consumer I would not purchase anything from a Lowes Hardwear store because you will get screwed. I feel as a consumer if a company promises you something they should have to honor their words. Thank you I hope you all take this seriously cause I would not like to see this happen to you. Joseph Kupchinski

I doubt any of you read your terms and conditions. Many of you don't even know how insurance/warranties/contracts work, but you'll *** and moan about the service that your not paying for.

Next time, don't buy the plan, wait just as long for service, and pay for it yourself. The plan basically is there to pay for the service. I used to work for Service Advantage, and guess what..90% of you have absolutely no idea what you were covered for, or what you were actually entitled too. Thats not our fault, thats your fault.

I've bought plans, and since I am an EDUCATED consumer, who takes the TIME to know what I'm buying, I've never had a problem getting things fixed through warranties or contracts.

And to those of you who think calling and screaming will get things accomplished...I have news for you. IT WONT!!!!! The plan is not there to make special exceptions.

And EVERYONE wants a special exception. The plan is not there to replace your machine because of YOUR situation. And if you would take the time to read the terms and conditions you'd know when you're eligible for replacement. I got so *** sick and tired of being disrespected every single day.

Especially when I have went OVER above and beyond for many of you to make sure your "problems" were taken care of. I have received numerous commendations from people and you know why..........They let me help them. That's the problem. You don't let us help you.

And what's with raising *** when the rep you talk to doesn't give you their last name or other personal information? Company policy PROHIBITS them from giving that out. And even if they COULD, it would still be a personal choice. There is nothing saying they would HAVE to give you that information.

That is information that you DO NOT need to have. So next time you call with a problem keep this in mind. They are there to help you. But they can only help if you want to be helped.

Also think about how you treat the rep that takes you call. If you were in their chair, would you appreciate being screamed and cussed at for nothing you did? No? Then DON'T DO IT!

If you call in expecting a bad time you'll get it. It's all up to you what kind of experience you have.

Lowes warranty service is a joke. I sympathize with you.

We purchased their extended protection plan on a Maytag refrigerator and thus far it has completely quit working 4 times. Each time it is the same problem, they have to replace the electronic unit that controls the temperature and the compressor. The most recent breakdown occurred on June 21st and it is still not fixed. First the parts weren't available, then when the repairman attempted to install them after they finally came in, sparks shot out of the back and it short-circuited the outlet it was plugged into.

He declared it 'not repairable' and contacted Lowes. According to the warranty terms they are supposed to pick it up and issue us a gift card in the amount that we paid for the refrigerator. That was 3 weeks ago and they have yet to do anything.

So I say again, their 'protection plan' is a complete joke and a waste of money. We have no choice but to use the gift card they provide, if we ever receive it, but we will NOT ever buy another extended protection plan from them.

What do you want from them? They are fixing it.

The transmission went out in my 06 truck, fixed under warranty, but I was without the truck for almost 2 weeks. Don't harp on Lowes because you expect them to fix it that very day?

Be realistic, as THEY ARE FIXING IT!!!

I agree with the above post about the age of your machine. How "new" is it?

Did u buy a service plan from them? If you didn't then it is a MANUFACTURER's DEFECT!!!

Hence, you should call the manufacturer. If retailers wasted time and money to check EVERY SINGLE item that came through their store...then you would NEVER be able to afford them.

Oh, and I notice that you didn't even say how long ago you bought the washer....New can mean different things to different people. New can be last year...in which case your warranty is up. So next time when you're asked if you want to buy a longer warranty...maybe you should think twice about it. Its the MANUFACTURER that gives a *** warranty...and that is from EVERY MANUFACTURER in the WORLD!!!

View more comments (3)

Racial Profiling at lowes in Pottstown

After I paid for my items on line, the cashier went into my cart and took out my 2 yr old son's jacket shooked it infront of other clients and over checked my cart in a accusatory way. I complained to the manager she laughed. I sent a letter requesting reimbursement of my money for that month (I had items installed and I can't take them back and take my business elsewhere). I was the only black person on the line and they didn't check the white clients carts like she did me. There response: No no refund, she was wrong and counsil about it, yes I was the only black person, yes she didn't treat them the same as me BUT, I was the only one with a jacket laying on the cart......Oh it was my 2 yr old jacket- what could I hide a pencil???? Is this country ready for change?

I can see why you felt that you were profiled, and felt insulted. But you took it too far by "requesting that your money be reimbursed".

Learning how to spell might help you :roll

Look im black!blacker than evr. but i never get accused of stuuf. dis lady is trippin.

#342042

What could you hide in a 2 year olds jacket???? most of the items in hardware, tools, flooring items, pkg.

of curtains, plumbing pieces, need I go on...and please you seem like the kind of person who cries "race" no matter where you shop. The answer, don't shop there anymore. I worked for Lowes from the time the physical set up of the store was going on until a few years later and there were plenty of whites that I suspicious of.

Did it ever occur to you that security was watching you and you did something suspicious, or maybe the person that you said did all these things has a racial problem??? You can't blame the store for one person my friend.

Please stop being so politically correct.

Which "ethnic groups" commit the majority of the crimes in the US?

I hate to believe there's racial profiling in Pottstown, but I know there is ANYWHERE a particular ethic group has garnered a reputation for fraud. Anyone in retail in Pottstown has experienced dirty tricks that, as Retail4Life says, are "skewed toward" a particular ethnic group.

Don't blame Loew's.

Blame dishonest people, and, if you happen to know any, educate them to the harm they are causing you.

By the way, "what does "counsil about it" mean?

It happened with me at Fort Collins, CO store. After, paying at a different counter, I was stopped by an associate who checked my receipt and bag..Ridiculous behavior. You are right, retailer4life, they seem to profile

*** lowes! nothing but a bunch of racial *** ***! white or black or your ***!

I am so sorry that you were "profiled" in the store, but having worked in retail for various big-name stores over the past 30 years, there is, unfortunately, a reason certain ethnicities are profiled ( i.e. "watched closely") when they are in the store.

I truly wish it were not so, but, sadly, it is, as this was not the way I, nor anyone in my family was brought up. I wish I had a dollar for every time someomeone of a particular ethnic background tried to pull a "fast one" on myself or my associates either through blatant theft, bogus refunds, or attempting to get a refund on something we do not even sell. And of course, they get quite loud when they get "outed" at the service desk. And yes, before you get on your high horse, I have also caught my fair share of white folks doing the same thing , But over the 30 years, I, along with anyone who has been in retail for any length of time can attest to, the numbers are definitely skewed toward a certain group who do this type of thing.

So yes, certain folks will be scrutinzed more closely either overtly or covertly when they are in our store ( or your store) . Just the facts, ma'am, these are just the facts.

View more comments (8)