State: Pennsylvania City: Philadelphia Clear all filters (33 of 4884 reviews match)
filters
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Mixed Experience

4.6

Update by user Jul 05

Since this initial “surprise”, I have checked other retail big box sellers and the same restrictions appear to be in effect. Accepting this limitation, buyers should be completely informed of this and can plan for the additional cost and do not open any connecting items.

However, I did not find this similar restriction with two local stores on delivery installation. It was strongly suggested to have new hoses, dryer power cord and non-plastic venting. Perhaps my situation was unique because I had recently replaced the various components from Lowes when remodeling the laundry room and to rebuy made no sense. I went back to my local Lowes and found them willing to work with me.

Again the issue is with the delivery/install process, outside service. Lowes gave me the needed 4” extender for the dryer and I declined the zero clearance venting. I went home installed the power cord, reversed the dryer door and inserted the vent. Unsure if a return call from the delivery/install would be made despite Lowes efforts.

Lowes again provided me a new set of hoses for the washer. Identical to the ones installed that was only 2 months old. A follow up call was made by another delivery/install team. They tried to hook up the washer, unsuccessfully.

The previous washer was 19 years old, a Whirlpool and used an anti-siphon connection at the stand pipe. The replacement GE would not seal/connect at the standpipe. They recommended a straight replacement standpipe. In discussion they had no awareness of having a trap to prevent sewer gas from entering the home.

It was obvious that their knowledge was very limited.

Told thanks and terminated the visit. I called a local plumber who successfully addressed the standpipe hook up.

Original review posted by user Jun 03

I am taking this opportunity to share my recent experience with the purchase of major appliances, washing machine and electric dryer from Lowe’s. Reflecting on A Tale of Two Cities, “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.” Lowe’s has a very extensive selection of major appliances, basically all the major brands and the pricing structure is either equal to prevailing market sector competitors or at a saving through a sale and/or promotion. A visit to my local store, Bensalem, PA provided us a comprehensive inventory for inspection and selection. The sales associate was knowledgeable and helpful in narrowing down based on our needs and criteria on technology. We were advised that the delivery would include installation through a 3rd party vendor and that Lowe’s discounted appliance parts with the major appliance parts. I advised that my washing machine hoses were bought at this store and was less than two months old. EASTMAN 2-Pack 6-ft L 3/4-in Hose Thread Inlet x 3/4-in Hose Thread Outlet Stainless Steel Washing Machine Connector (Model # 98506). There was no indication that this would be and subsequent install issue. I purchased a new Utilitech 3-Prong Gray Dryer Appliance Power Cord (Model # UTD100306) for the electric dryer and advised I have a zero clearance issue and am using a Lambro 24-in to 41-in Adjustable Periscope Dryer Vent (Model # L3006) previously purchased at this store and visual inspection indicates it is in perfect condition. Again I was not advised the 3rd party vendor would not install the electric dryer without the purchase of a new dryer vent. The appliances were purchased on 5/30/2019 with delivery scheduled on 6/3/2019. Today has been a major consumer snafu with the delivery hassle, failure to install, unsuccessful telephone conversations with the 3rd party delivery service and a return trip back to the local store seeking a resolution, short of returning the appliances. The delivery persons inspected the install location and immediately took exception with the dryer vent, despite inspection that it was clean in perfect working order. The next issue was with the relatively new stainless steel hoses. I even showed him the previous SS hoses sitting on my work bench. Not acceptable based on his instructions and contact with the delivery service office. He then indicated I needed another part, a Lambro 4-in Dia Aluminum Dryer Vent Extender (Model # L5003), because of the dryer offset on the back. I offered to drive over the local store and get the piece 10-15 minutes. Not acceptable because I wanted to use the existing dryer vent. Recognizing, I was unable to reason with delivery an interim request was made to install the electrical wire and reverse the door panel from left to right: to right to left. I would go to Lowe’s secure vent extender and complete the hook up. Again this was totally unacceptable to the 3rd party delivery service. Similarly I requested that they attach the drain hose to the washer and I would screw on the hoses. Again this was not acceptable. They started to “throw” the appliances back into the truck despite at least a dozen times my request to bring them into the house. Only after a major confrontation the appliances were brought into the house without installation. This is a WARNING to any potential customers that are contemplating a major appliance purchase. I found Lowe’s to have an excellent selection of products, knowledgeable sales associates, and very competitive pricing. But the delivery/install service is GROSSLY flawed. A review of the Internet reveals ongoing issues with Lowe’s 3rd party service. The reality is that Lowe’s has to find a new delivery/install service to remain viable in a competitive big box market place. Potential buyers should be aware of Appliance Delivery, Installation and Haul Away and the restrictions imposed on the “free service” https://www.lowes.com/l/appliance-delivery-haulaway.html?searchTerm=appliance%20delivery Common sense does not come into play, throwing away effective items, and incurring additional costs to satisfy the 3rd party delivery/installation insurable risk concerns. These add on cost is part of the purchase price when comparative shopping. Even more interesting is the 3rd party vendor’s position the parts must be in an unopened packaging to be considered new. How this is resolved remaining to be determined.

It's an issue of liability. They have no real Idea of how old hoses and vents are.

If they used the hoses and vents that were in place and a problem with them arose all too many consumers would want to hold them responsible for damages.

By using new components there is no question if a problem comes up. Blame the legal system for their reluctance to use parts they didn't provide.

Problem with delivery
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - The most unreliable, incompetent and rude people

2.7
if i could i would give less then 1 star. They are TERRIBLE!!!!! worst worst worst services ever. Between the incompetence of their customer service, to the totally careless of the store (the Aramingo store in Philadelphia) to end to their delivery service, where they just deliver at ground floor but they don't tell you until they arrive. I ordered a pergola and a patio set for my rooftop, meant to be delivered on a Thursday all together,it changed at Friday until i received a call from the store (Aramingo) stating that they didn't know when my furniture would be delivered, to note that i travel a lot so i planned accordingly, included taking a day off to receive the furniture. Ended the conversation with this rude lady i called customer service. At that point i spoke with a lady who told me that i would receive the pergola that Thursday and the patio furniture the next day.She also sent me the tracking number (very funny the store didn't have any information). I was very surprised since i did a truck delivery that actually was fedex but after confirming with this lady multiple time that i would have received a call prior the delivery and that everything was arriving at my house i ended the call. Note, i leave in a house so i need to receive the delivery otherwise they could get stolen. After a few hours i received a notification that my patio furniture where delivered, no one called me. SO i had to run from my office and start arguing again with those incompetent people. At the end of a long call, where this person was keeping losing time apologizing (i need solution not apologies) i found out that actually the patio was delivered actually at the store but they couldn't fit me for the delivery on Friday, until after i ask to cancel my order multiple time suddenly they found the spot for me. but is not done yet! my pergola, this guys apparently didn't have any information, well guess what? i did, his colleagues previously gave me all the tracking, and i'm thinking how is that possible? 1 person has it and the other doesn't?can they be so terrible? i had to cancel the order, but once again you think the worst is done? and actually no!!! this morning (the day of the delivery) i received another call from the rude lady at the Aramingo store stating that they don't deliver on the rooftop and she told me if i wanted to have them up on my rooftop i should have carry on everything by myself or cancel the order. So, if a delivery company who does half of the job...interesting...well never never again!!!! no wonder why those company are being destroyed by Amazon. i'm so embarrassed for them and for how bad is they service, go somewhere else if you want a reliable service. and they state Lowe's home improvement, here the only thing i see need to be improved are the services they offer.
Review
Cons
  • Unbelievably poor service
  • Poor or nonexistent customer service clerk beyond disrespectful
Price reduction
Tags
  • Unprofessional Staff
  • Dismissive To Customers

Lowes in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Kitchen remodel

Started our remodel in January, Still not done. I have finished the caulking and the touch up paint where the contractor damaged the kitchen ceiling. When they first came to our house super nice, but once you pay good luck!! They demo our kitchen then came to install our new cabinets with drywall missing behind the cabinets and in the ceiling. I had to stop the install myself and insist on the drywall being repaired before the new cabinets be installed. I asked the contractor if he would have done this to his and house and he said no. I asked why he was with my house and he did not have an answer. First of many problems. Cabinet doors damaged buy the contractors, and no return calls or email from Lowes to our questions without me going to the store. In our quote we paid for "cleaners" to come and clean up after Lowes left. Still waiting on them to show, I cleaned myself and asked for a refund for that charge. No answer and my email are not answered. I went to the store and spoke to the manager, still wanting on an answer. The tile installer is the project manager dad. He damaged the ceiling, scraped on the paint done to the drywall. He did come and spray the texture on but I gave on waiting for him or someone to come and repaint the ceiling. We are supposed to have soft close doors and drawers but several are not working correctly. When the cabinet man came he said nothing is wrong. I do NOT recommend using Lowes.
Lowes Kitchen Remodeling
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Kitchens

started process in January - now June - still don't have all materials. No help from store - was hung up on twice

Big lack of detail here. What process did you start?

Many people start shopping for and planning a large project months before ordering any materials. When was your order actually placed and what hasn't arrived?

Hate to tell you this but it isn't uncommon to have to re-order a few cabinets due to damage when the cabinets are shipped across the country and handled several times before getting to your home. Your are often better off having a local cabinet shop build and install your kitchen as there is less chance for damage and if it does happen they can quickly repair or replace the cabinet.

Poor customer service

I can not believe how appliances delivered by lowes are all damaged

The original delivery date was 9/30/18. Today is 10/13/18. That's 14 days. I ordered an electric stove to be delivered to one of our tenants. The order number is 356900168. A stove was delivered and it is damaged and it’s the wrong stove and it’s damaged. I was working with an Allison yesterday. She contacted someone at store 2378 in Philadelphia. She made arrangements to remove the damaged and incorrect stove and install the correct stove on 1013/18 all in the same day. This has been an extremely frustrating experience. The level of incompetence is unbelievable. Today I was told for some unknown reason the stove was not put on the truck and there was no plan to pick up the damaged stove. We were called last night to tell us that between 8:30 and 10:30 all this would happen. Nobody seems to know what is going on. Remember by tomorrow it will be 14 days to get a correct stove delivered and installed. Finally, the delivered the correct stove and it's physically damaged and the connection for the power cord is also damaged.
Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Nightmare
Cons
  • Inability to respond
Problem with delivery

Frustrated with Cancellations at West Park Lowes Philadelphia, Pa

2.3
During this recent summer 2017 I purchased a microwave range online with an in store pick up. When I arrived at Lowes to pick up my items, I was told that my order was canceled, but the money was withdrawn from my account. A week later I ordered floor tile the same way, after waiting almost 4 hours after purchase I arrived at Lowes and was told that my order was canceled again. Now because I know I gave the store ample time to contact me I not clear as to why I didn't receive a call informing me that the order was canceled. Both purchases told me that these items were available in store for pick up. Both times Lowes took my money, leaving me to wait days for reimbursement. Also I made several attempts to contact Lowes through their customer care number only to be placed on hold forever, which lead to this review.

Stop ordering online. Lowe's corporate is deluded into thinking they will someday compete with Amazon but their inventory numbers are too sketchy to ever be a real competitor.

You will never have a faster or more convenient experience by shopping online.

Just go to the store and pick out your own stuff. You may have to wait in line forever because there are never any registers open, but at least you'll only be charged for the things in your cart.

If your going to the store to pick it up, why don't you just go the the store and buy the product? Seems like ordering on line is just an extra step in the purchase process.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Pick Up Service
Cons
  • When rep did help it was like it was a chore to do their job
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Preferred solution
some type of discount compensation

Lowes Customer Care Review from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I just came from the Warrington,Pennsylvania Lowe's and did not have a great experience. I wanted to buy several bags of mulch and was looking for one of the flat steel carts. I went to several of the staff and asked where they were and I was told go out the parking lot and find one. The cashier in the garden center was not friendly and was not open to my suggestion that someone bring some carts in from the parking lot for people to use. Aaron Drellich, store manager, this is an issue you should address.

How many carts did you walk by in the parking lot that you could have grabbed knowing you would need one, and possibly there might not be one available in the store?

Lowes Customer Care

Lowes High end Washer - Poor Service

2.0
Purchased in 2011 w/ best warranty offered (and most expensive). Oct 15 - stopped in mid-cycle. Laundry locked inside. Called for service that day. Technician came Oct 20 and diagnosed a defective door latch. Part had to be ordered. Technician came today (Oct 27) with the wrong part. Back to waiting for parts again. We've spent over $100 on laundromat service that's growing. We have a elderly person in the house that's mostly bedridden and needs linen changed every day or so. Household has ten (10) members, thee (3) of which are small children. Lack of laundry capability is expensive and could lead to health issues. I paid a lot more than I probably needed to for a machine and service plan that I thought was durable and would meet my household's needs. Machine -Yes, Service - hardly. Lip service from Loews & Ace Appliance Service of Del-Val ( service provider) but no action. Should have gone to a local small business that cared for customers!
Review
Cons
  • Very poor warranty service
Warranty issue
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Tags
  • Very Poor Warranty Service

Lowes in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Washer install from ***

Lowes - Washer install from ***
we just moved into our beautiful home this past Sunday. We had the washer/dryer delivery the same day. At the end of the evening - I decided to test out our new washer. Put a load in and proceeded to go and shower. Ten min later, I come out to find the laundry room flooding with water. Scrambled to soak up as much water as possible and after 45 minutes of getting the water out - I start hearing water downstairs above my kitchen. Yep! Leaked through to the kitchen ceiling! Cause? Installer forgot to install the drainage pipe - drained all the water into my laundry room. Never ever will use lowes. Ruined my first evening at my new house and will forever recommend to stay away from lowes installers.

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111

Home Depot
2445 reviews
2.1
Compare

Lowes in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Replacement parts for Grillmaster Propane Grill

1.5
Grill Master brand propane grill bought at Lowes, no longer sold at Lowes, I believe the brand was bought by Charbroil Grills. I ordered replacement parts from the NEXGRILL parts store 5/26/15 the parts then were not in stock, 6/19/15 email received, parts on back order should receive in about 30 days,7/12/15 an other email received, the parts are still on back order should receive by 8/28/15 well I think by that time they really want you to go and buy a new grill, Lowes sold this product why not carry original replacement parts. I would take a guess that these replacement parts do not come from the GOOD OLD U.S.A.

How can you expect any retail store to stock all the parts for every item they have ever sold? You have very unrealistic expectations.

Char-Broil grills are made in China. I own a Char-Broil from 2002, and it was made in Canada.

How old is your grill? I am not sure why you'd expect *LOWE'S*, a retailer, to carry anything other than universal parts, or parts for models that they currently stock. You'd go to an AUTO PARTS STORE for auto parts for an old model, right? My local Lowe's hasn't carried your brand for at least 2 years.

Get used to the fact that brand names have been sold to Chinese makers, and any sold brandname can and will be slapped on any product made in any Chinese factory. If you want something made in North America, Weber and Broil King are probably the you need to look at. As for parts, most of those are in the Music City Metals catalog, and Lowe's (and many other retailers, online and B&M) can order grill parts for you out of that catalog, IF the parts are still available. Lowe's, Home Depot, and Menard's are NOT your old local mom & pop hardware store that kept obsolete stuff around on shelves until someone might eventually want to buy it.

They are high-volume retailers who stock what is current and what fits a price range for their particular region or locale. Go to your small local store if you want personal service and a relationship.

View more comments (1)
Review
Cons
  • Carrying original replacement parts
Order processing issue