State: Pennsylvania City: Philadelphia Clear all filters (33 of 4920 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes - Range Review from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I paid for a range with my debit card.Then received a call the following morning saying the range I paid for was not available. They were supposed to immediately issue a refund. Because my oven wasn't working, I spent my lunch at a different Lowe's looking for an different range. They had the exact same range, and said it was available. But they'd have to charge me again...and their price was higher. They were supposed to call me to schedule delivery by the following Thursday. That didn't happen. That Saturday night I received a call from a computer telling me it would be there the next morning. I called back to try to reschedule, since I had not agreed to that and received an automated response that I was not calling during normal business hours. I made multiple attempts but could not get a person to reschedule. I then cut short my vacation to get home and prepare for this delivery. When they came, they informed me they couldn't do my installation because I don't have a shut off valve. I was not informed I needed this. They left with my range, and I heard nothing from the store. A few days later when I still hadn't been contacted I called their customer service. I was PROMISED a call back from management within 24 hours. But they never called me. I called them back again, and was informed that my refund for the first range was processed after I filed a complaint. However, I still do not have my money back! And the manager at the second site was very dismissive of my issues. They had already scheduled to return my item which had been paid for (and without contacting me) to their warehouse! He acted as though he was doing me a favor by pushing the date back. Had no idea why his store charged more for the same item, bit did offer to adjust if I go there with an invoice? When I said good bye to that manager, the customer service rep hung up...without discussing with me whether or not I was satisfied with this outcome. Their costumer service is terrible, and honestly I will never shop there again.
Order processing issue

Lowes review in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Replacement parts for Grillmaster Propane Grill

1.5
Grill Master brand propane grill bought at Lowes, no longer sold at Lowes, I believe the brand was bought by Charbroil Grills. I ordered replacement parts from the NEXGRILL parts store 5/26/15 the parts then were not in stock, 6/19/15 email received, parts on back order should receive in about 30 days,7/12/15 an other email received, the parts are still on back order should receive by 8/28/15 well I think by that time they really want you to go and buy a new grill, Lowes sold this product why not carry original replacement parts. I would take a guess that these replacement parts do not come from the GOOD OLD U.S.A.

How can you expect any retail store to stock all the parts for every item they have ever sold? You have very unrealistic expectations.

Char-Broil grills are made in China. I own a Char-Broil from 2002, and it was made in Canada.

How old is your grill? I am not sure why you'd expect *LOWE'S*, a retailer, to carry anything other than universal parts, or parts for models that they currently stock. You'd go to an AUTO PARTS STORE for auto parts for an old model, right? My local Lowe's hasn't carried your brand for at least 2 years.

Get used to the fact that brand names have been sold to Chinese makers, and any sold brandname can and will be slapped on any product made in any Chinese factory. If you want something made in North America, Weber and Broil King are probably the you need to look at. As for parts, most of those are in the Music City Metals catalog, and Lowe's (and many other retailers, online and B&M) can order grill parts for you out of that catalog, IF the parts are still available. Lowe's, Home Depot, and Menard's are NOT your old local mom & pop hardware store that kept obsolete stuff around on shelves until someone might eventually want to buy it.

They are high-volume retailers who stock what is current and what fits a price range for their particular region or locale. Go to your small local store if you want personal service and a relationship.

View more comments (1)
Review
Cons
  • Carrying original replacement parts
Preferred solution
delivery of parts orderd

Lowes review in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Washer install from ***

Lowes review - Washer install from ***
we just moved into our beautiful home this past Sunday. We had the washer/dryer delivery the same day. At the end of the evening - I decided to test out our new washer. Put a load in and proceeded to go and shower. Ten min later, I come out to find the laundry room flooding with water. Scrambled to soak up as much water as possible and after 45 minutes of getting the water out - I start hearing water downstairs above my kitchen. Yep! Leaked through to the kitchen ceiling! Cause? Installer forgot to install the drainage pipe - drained all the water into my laundry room. Never ever will use lowes. Ruined my first evening at my new house and will forever recommend to stay away from lowes installers.
Poor customer service

Lowes - Delivery Service Review from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I purchased a washer AND dryer from lowes, they called telling me my order was ready to be shipped. The next day the delivery men came with only a washer. After an hour of being on the phone and getting no where I finally had to go to the store only to find out that the dryer I had already paid for was then sold and delivered to someone else! Three days later and MANY MANY frustrating calls from lowes and their delivery company we are finally getting our dryer. I would NEVER EVER purchase an appliance from lowes again. Their customer service has been horrendous and disappointing as we go to lowes frequently.
Service
Lowes Delivery Service

Lowes is Not reliable

2.0
I purchased 3 major appliances from Lowe's in Philadelphia Whitman Plaza store July 6, 2014. After receiving first my Range, which had to be returned for dents and scratches was delivered again with dents and scratches, and again with dents and scratches I gave up. The Dishwasher was delivered and installed by 2 Asian gentleman who could not speak English and just laughed when I tried to talk to them. After they left I found the floor board hidden behind the stove? Which means the dishwasher is sitting on the drain pipe! I was told by the store when the Frig came in the first time it was dented and they would have to reorder. When it was reordered it came in again with a dent. Today I wrote an email to corporate and within 2 hours the delivery guy called and told me they would be there it 10 minutes. I have a Frig full of food and nowhere to put it while the new frig cooled down. Am I getting one of the dented refrigerators or a new one??? If they had the new one all along why was I not called and told to pick a date??? Why only after an email to corporate was the frig available??? They better not try to bring me a dented or a different frig then I ordered or I will send them ALL BACK!!!! It has been almost 5 MONTHS!!!!! Yes, Someone should give me an answer before I blow my top!!! Deb Silvestri
Service
Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Price
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Tags
  • Lowes Bad SERVICE

Wrong Order Review

They messed up my entire order and want to fight my refund so now I'm taking my lawyer and going after these bastards west Philadelphia Lowes is by far the worst the staff if horrible and doesn't know a thing about customer service or their job
Review

Lowes review in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Don't trust them! They do not stand behind their appliance protection plan.

Brand new Kitchen Aid fridge acts weird. Called Lowe's to explain problem and was given a number to report trouble. They dispatch an appliance repair shop that shows up over 48 hours later. By then the system righted itself but there was still water in the defrosting tray. Nothing to do as it seems to be working correctly. I received a bill because nothing was wrong when they came out. Lowe's say it's my problem; Whirlpool says I should have called them and not Lowe's. I'm screwed!!! Somehow I was supposed to know that when my freezer was 54 degrees and there was water all over the floor it was going to reboot itself and all was gonna be wonderful. I bought an entirely new kitchen with extended protection that I cannot trust.
Loss

Military Discount Review

We have never had an issue with Lowes and getting the discount. As long as you have your military I'd,there's no issue.
Review
#520133 Review #520133 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes review in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Horrible Customer Service.

This was the message I wrote to Lowes. Dear Lowes, Today I had the worst experience I have ever encountered during a transaction with any other business. I went to return a few items I had left over from a home improvement project. A total amount of $11.70 (with tax). I had to wait 30 minutes just to be seen by an associate, of the 4 present none acknowledged me or to say they would be available shortly. Even a manager walked by and there were about 4 of us in line, he offered neither acknowledgement or assistance. All of my returned items were unopened in their original packaging with their original labels/upcs. I handed your associate my receipt to which he indicated was "useless" and threw it away because it was beyond the standard return policy. At which point he told me that "He wasn't obligated to return my items, that the company states it shall do so with it's discretion". I replied "I was just at Home Depot making a return, and they had no such issues with doing so." He said, "Well, let them loose money then." I said, "Isn't the point to make the customer happy?" To which he replied, "It's not profitable to accept returns, if you were in business you'd understand." I actually DO run my own business and personally I find the best practice is excellent customer service. However, I don't find it either appropriate or necessary for an associate of any company to argue with it's customers about anything. I have never been so embarrassed and insulted in making such a small return with completely unused and unopened items. This is not my first negative experience with your company, but it is my last. Today you lost a customer over a grand total of $11.70. I promptly took my gift card and spent it so that I will never have to return to your store(s) again. I am glad you have a "Hassle-Free return policy", I certainly haven't experience it however. I will be sharing this with as many people as possible, and will direct them to do business elsewhere.

get over yourself

People need to start reading their receipts. Once your over the "day amount policy" you don't get to return with or without the receipt.

What is so hard to understand about that? And yes companies can refuse a return.

The associate chose to argue with you probably because he didn't want to bother a supervisor who has more important things to do then to have to come down and regurgitate the same information that the associate has been trained to know and tell the customer about company policy. It's a waste of time.

I work for a competitor and you have 90 days to return most items; other items have 30 days other 7 days, if you go past that point you're not entitled to a return. The employee did sound a bit rude other then that no reason to be all huffy. I'm sure you were not so nice to the employee either causing the issue.

This however is semantics, when you are returning an actively sold product which has been unused and unopened there is no loss to the company, the expense of paying an individual to re-shelve the item is nominal compared to the retention of a customer. That is economics "101", as a customer retained over a "lifetime" will return and easily offset this "loss".

I would be very curious to know which companies are successful who do not put their customers first. Naturally they retain their "discretion" in order to prevent exchanging product that was either not sold from their location, or was in a condition that would in fact cause a loss. Again my reciept clearly showed all the items were in fact purchased at their location.

However, to be fair to Lowes the store manager just phoned me and apologized and when I explained the situation he told me that given the circumstances that the representative should never have acted in that manner. I appreciate him having contacted me as it shows that they do have customer service in mind, which to me is an extremely important factor in doing business with someone.

Freda

View more comments (4)

Lowes review in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Employment at Lowe's

I was an employee at Lowe's. I have a bad back. When my back started acting up, I asked to take a leave of absence because I was no longer able to do the job because of my back. They agreed to this, so I started my leave of absence. Next thing I know, I'm no longer employed at Lowe's. When I inquired about it, I was told that part time employees were not allowed leaves of absence. Well, why did you tell me I could take one if that's your policy. Honestly, Lowe's is a very bad place to work. Personally, I hope they go bankrupt.

Mr. or Mrs. Lowe's,

You are some kind of Hippocrates. Being an ASM you are fully aware of the line that is drawn in Lowe's by the fundamental attitude of the upper management to our employees. If you refuse to admit it exists, then you are a perfect example of why there is a negative response by so many employees.

Years ago it was rare to have an employee complain about pay being unfair for their work requirements. This was because we would hire individuals based, truly on their ability to explain and the knowledge they could offer. Our Sale's team was, until 6 years ago, more respected and encouraged to perform than the department Manager or team lead. The reason is because we held a greater value on being a truly sales oriented culture.

We wanted and needed individuals who could work with multiple vendors, be responsible for everything with that area of the department while the other individuals were responsible for support and over all stock product. These individuals were called "specialist" for a reason and often made more than the lower manager positions as well as some upper (dependant on location and store) because we all relied on them. They would only be responsible to answer to the Sales Mg. Ops. Mg. or Store Mgr. Lowe's as a "family" culture was able to experience far more employee and vendor satisfaction then it currently rates. Once we adopted the "Dictator Mg Style" it has been unavoidably on a decline. We simply can't offer our customers the same type of service, without having a willingness to lean on and support and properly manage individuals whom are able to develop relationships with customers and have the motivation (spiffs and or bonus), freedom (no pressure from employees to keep them from customer tasks), and respect they all deserve.

Upper management will continue to sacrifice customer focus for their bonus because our system is no longer a "checks and balances" system in order to promote the best overall business satisfaction. This new direction seems terrific on paper, however, having so few individuals decide what is best for every store in every culture (Dictatorship not Leadership) is stripping us of our overall appreciation to the communities we service.

So, here's a suggestion, next time you are in you "upper" mangment meeting, try to convince yourselves that the store would end up fuctioning better if we actually filled every spot that is alocated by your matrix. STOP cutting out the man hours to help your bonus. One day there will be a return of a concept where we had to release 3/4s of all store managment because of the addiction that they had developed in sacrificing customer service for there "Fake earned" bonus. I would completely support that to occure again. as well as the reversal of this new failed focus to better our numbers at our slacking on our customers. We continue to digg *** that we may not be able to climb out of.

The negativity that some of you guys have is unreal. If you are that unsatisfied with your job find a new one lowes did not come looking for you you came looking for lowes.be thankful and greatful you have a job and are able to work.

I am an asm and i have been through every position and if your not succeeding its something your doing not the company. Everything begins on the frontlines and has an impact on tje business it makes me sad to see so much negativity and you blame everyone but yourself take a step back and look in the miror and make a difference instead of being the one in the break room gossiping. Be a part of the solution not the problem.

Things could always be a lot worse and you need to understand that we all have oppurtunity we are human not robots so dont set your expextations to perfect. Look at what your team does not what they dont do.

@lowes

Terrible grammar and punctuation. This is the epitome of the type of people Lowe's deems fit for promotion.

@lowes

I did get a new job. Now I'm making more than you scrub ASMs.

@lowes

Reasons the people may be unsatisfied with there jobs and complaining. Well maybe they love where they work and they want to make a difference.

And maybe the feel the ASM is not meeting there standards. And they would like you to remove yourself from the company. So they can have an excellent work environment. Free from a managers that fail.

And you are not being a solution when you are posting on here.

This is gossiping. And yes you to have contributed.

@lowes

But when the people in the "clique" that are not as qualified get the positions it's a little hard to handle. Especially when it happens over and over again in all departments. They are taking food out of my kids mouth, Would be one thing is it was just me saying it but when the majority of the store thinks it should have been me it's a little hard to give a rats *** about this place.

@lowes

I to am a lowes employee and a lot of the times the Ams don't do anything but sit in there office and ride there employees *** just to see how far they can push before they quit. Well u got one man doing the job of 4 MEN that's why LOWES employees moral is down

Actually Part time employees dont really have any rights, it doesnt matter who the employer is. If you take a personal and not a medical leave, they can let you go. (its different from state to state as well)

I believe one should always call the HR department and get clarification before they make any move that affects their livelihood

whater

Those of you claiming Lowes is cutting "high" earners in favor of lower paid employees are wrong. Under the new pay rate advisor lowes is paying more to employees in the way of compensation based on experience related to the position.

Lowes former pay was decided on a pay scale and where a manager wanted to put you on that pay scale. Lowe' s as a company has made starting salaries much more favorable to experienced candidates.

Lowe's is a speciality retailer looking to attract 'qualified' applicants for specialty positons who can address customer needs and support a selling culture. Those who complain about this usually have little experience related to the position and little work background related to the field, therefore are compensated fairly.

@A Man Who Knows

I dont know what store you work at but at my store there are new employees with no experience who are starting out making more than people who have been there... same position...

for years. I have been a dept. manager for over 3 years & a part-time person was made the full-time LNS, with no experience, has been employeed in this store for 1/4 of the time I have been there & is making more than. 50/ hour than I am.

Oh... and for the past 2 years I have been the only dept mgr. for all 5 depts in zone 3. Fair?

Legal? I'm gonna find out!!

@Anonymous

That's because you need to quit and get rehired to go through the pay rate advisor. Another possibility is to stop being negative and sour, get promoted and be put through the pay rate advisor.

With an attitude like that you should go work for someone else.

We are all spread thin, suck it up and get paid more. It's simple.

@randy

I'm curious as to the attitude you are referring too? If some one expressing concern for the unfair treatment, he or she, may have received and your response is advising someone to quit and get rehired; how are you able to maintain a positive support focus for our customers?

Contrary to your advise, we encourage employees to voice their concerns so we can be actively involved in helping support a work place with a better morale for everyone. We can't help if we are never informed.

the return policy stinks.. you steal stuff then return it to a different store and get a merchandise card.

then sell it for 50 or 60 % cash value...scums are making thousands a week doing this. lowes wont let us stop then,, in most cases they even know their names

I am very happy you can figure the math out. I have check stubs to prove my claim.

Yes it is 43k a year 40hr weeks are 39 as you should know. I was a zone or asm for 3 years and know the pay scale well. I started in 2000 at close to 30k. Worked into a dept manager then to zone.

stepped down from zone to specialist. Company plant or not. I do a job the company sees value and pays me what I am worth for the job. Onto the next part.

Yes I agree the high earners will be phased out. You are 100% right with the claim. I will likely be canned someday in the future but for now I will continue to take their money and do my job. When the day comes that they fire me for making too much money I will walk out gladly and then will sue the pants off of the company for wrongful dismissal.

There are laws against that type of thing. Would be like firing me for being of a race they dont like. From what I am seeing though they are making where people just want to quit.

Sadly this will only effect their precious *** wall street pigs when the customers go back to the ma and pop stores for knowledge as the drooling *** kids making 8 bucks an hour stand there with blank faces knowing nothing... So yeah call me a plant but this plant has deep roots and am gonna hold out as long as I can.....

13 years, you are full of something or your a company plant, $22 an hour would equate to 45K a year ( 40 hour week X 52 weeks), not even an MOD makes that, Assistant manager start at 30-35K depending on the location. Lowes plan for the next five years is to phase out half of its full time employees on the selling floor ( most notably the higher earners, $12-14 per hour) and replace them with part timers ( no benefits to pay out), this is not a made up thing, it was approved by senior management and the shareholders, also there was a Lowes press release and a an article in Business-week in Jan or Feb of 2011.

@Former Lowes Employee

Wrong maybe they tell you they make 35k but I am an ASM at lowes and my base salary is 67k with a 30percent bonus on my salary for hitting sales goals plus my benifits are amazing so you obviously didnt ask for enough money are were not worth it.

@Company Man

This is basically the only accurate post on this wall...

I'm not sure why this site censored my post. I didn't say anything obscene...

Lowe's won't allow me to leave work for a short time to have a surgery. So screw them. Even Walmart of all places let me leave for a week and a half when I wanted to visit family.

Lowe's sucks. They have no idea how to take care of their good employees

Lowe's won't allow me to *** for a surgery. *** them.

Even Walmart of all places let me *** a week and a half when I wanted to visit family. Lowe's sucks.

Sorry to hear about your back and lowes is not working with you....Found this video on you tube called LOWES FORKLIFT TRAGEDY(full version)....you might find it interesting to know that lowes has caused problems for other people as well..good luck with your back..hope things work out better for you than they did for this family..

Reality,

Brown noser? I think not I however do belive in working for what I am paid.

I have with the exception of the last 3 years always gotten a 4% raise. Since I am capped in my position only been getting 2%. *** you say? I have pay stubs to support my claims on here.

As for a union? You have to be out of your mind, Put a union in so we have to support people who dont want to work? Demand excessive this or that. Do it or we strike.

Dont get me wrong union workers there was a time and a place that the unions were needed but not here. Perfect physically fit perfect people? I have a smoked back and to bad rotators but they have not cast me out.

They have always worked with my issues and have never been rude. Get your facts straight bitterman.

lol Reality, despite your belief regarding wages you're wrong. I'm located in New England not New Jersey, and I broke the 20 barrier within 2 years of joining the company.

It's not brown nosing either, it's called negotiating salary every time you start working for a company, and negotiating every time you get promoted. Which for the people you know isn't a factor as FSA's typically stay as FSA's

13 years. Do you serious expect anybody to believe the line of *** that you spewed out.

22 bucks an hour and 13 years service. I know people who have worked for Lowes with twice those years and do not make near that money. Your nose must be a brown one. Vinceapple is another victim of Lowes policies.

The specific policy being " we only want perfect physically fit people. All others need not apply".

Lowes employee needs a Union to protect them, not more brown nosers, of which they have plenty of. Clearly, 13 years is a Lowes troll on this site.

For 13 years they have paid me well and the incentives are better then any retailer I know. I have 3 weeks paid vaca 4 floating holidays, dental, medical, vision and sick time.

Im making a bit over 22 bucks an hour. No where else in this moment in time can come close.. Do I like everything? No but when I need them my company is there.

Sick? No problem. Funeral Your paid. Injury?

we got it covered. Need a day off or out early? You got it. When they need me Im there.

No lowes is not where I want to be forever but i these times she is my refuge in a terrible rocky job market. Sorry you obviously were not able to give to receive..

View more comments (24)