State: Pennsylvania City: Pittsburgh Clear all filters (21 of 4844 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes and there worthless service agreements

We bought a $1,000 top of the line WHITE Whirlpool washer from Lowes AND a three year extended warranty. The lid frame cracked. Seems we can only get a GREY lid, as white does not seem to be avaialable ??? Lowes says tough luck... color is considered cosmetic..not covered, "your stuck with the grey lid". I asked if that would be the same with a refrigerator for instance: answer - yep.. so much for buying appliances that match. I am in the market for other top of the line appliances but you can bet I will not buy at Lowes!
lkatcbt7

I might be able to help you, what is the model number and ser number of your washer? :)

I hate when something that does my job for me breaks and can be replaced.

Review

Lowes in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Lowe's vendor lost our 16 foot retractable awning!

My husband and I ordered a retractable awning for our back porch on June 6th from Lowe's. We were told it would take two weeks to be made and be ready for pickup at the store. We waited until one day after the due date and called just to be told they hadn't started producing it yet. It was supposed to be delivered today, June 29, nine days late. Today we found out that they lost it! Lowe's brushes us off, the delivery company (R+L Carriers) brushes us off and Awntech (the manufacturer) brushes us off. Nobody knows where our $1,300 16 foot awning is. Could be in Texas, could be in Ohio. They don't know. They don't seem to wonder why we're so upset. Now we have to wait the weekend to see if they can even find it. I've asked Lowe's for compensation but the manager never offered voluntarily and really wouldn't talk about it. Don't buy anything big from Lowe's or Awntech or use R+L Carriers. I'll be dealing with Home Depot. Oh, and it also took five cashiers to figure out how to place an order for this awning when we first went to the store. Hey Lowe's.....how many cashiers does it take to ring up one awning? Stumped....huh? That's okay.....they don't know either. Seriously, what kind of business ethics is Lowe's trying to carry on. The manager told me this is just the way "corporate America " is now. Well, if it is, they won't be getting anymore of our money. Be cautions at Lowe's.

Lowes in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Treated Rudely and Talked Down To

On Memorial Day my wife and I decided to go shopping for a long awaited home improvement to replace our entire kitchen and flooring for the first floor in our home. In other words we are starting to remodel our home. We walked into the Lowes Robinson Town Center store near Pittsburgh, excited over the prospects of what we could do, and check book in hand. That is until we met Bob in the kitchen area. Who was introduced to us as the Kitchen and Flooring Expert. He was not only condisending, but he was rude. He treated us like we were dumb and was less than helpful. I am no EXPERT when it comes to home improvement. That is why I went to Lowes. My wife and I were with my inlaws. My father in law is a stroke victim and we brought him in his wheel chair. Did he think we weren't serious? He treated us like ***! We all felt so put off by this man's treatment that we walked out of the store after he decided to take a personal cell phone call. We will be taking our business somewhere else. Its a shame. We were prepared to do a one stop shop for our needs. We also plan on replacing the upstairs bathroom this year. Lowes will not be an option. We will be visiting the Home Depot this week. I am certain they will want to do business with us. With today's economic climate, it amazes me that people in business allow their employees to behave this way. Too bad the show "Undercover Boss" hasn't been in to that Robinson Store. In the meantime, I tried calling the Lowes store to voice my displeasure. I called 3 times for a manager, only to have it ring forever. Companies like this do not deserve my business. Bad service all the way around!
#1194681

Your review was many years ago and I just read it and had to share my similar experience I had at the same Lowes in Robinson Twp. I feel the same way as you when you stated "Undercover Boss" should go there, and many other places, and how it's amazing companies allow their employees to treat customers that way. My experience wasn't going to cost as much as yours but it involved a simple question and that was all.

I was doing some work on my home, there were some cracks in a porch wall which is made up of concrete blocks with different color concrete slabs on top as a banister, they aren't load bearing walls. I had a small cart, I looked around for a little bit, as 3 employees stood in plain site of me yet no one offered assistance, no big deal. Then two of them walked by me as I was grabbing a bag of mortar and put it on the cart and laughed because I put only one bag on the cart and said "I don't know why he just doesn't carry it". First of all it weighs 60lb, second, the bag is made of paper, third, why would i want to have that mortar dust all over me? I shot them a dirty look and proceeded up to the desk.

I grabbed a bag of mortar because I have what's called a grout bag and I needed something that could be used in that which the material needs to contain no sand, rocks, etc. I had bought a bucket of Quikrete concrete for another similar job at home and it worked with the grout bag perfectly because it was powder. I bought that at Home Depot actually. It's expensive for a 20lb bucket compared to a 50 or 60lb bag of something else. I needed a good bit so a large bag would be more cost efficient. I do know home remodeling but it has been a long time since I dealt with mortar and grout and I wasn't sure which I should get or would my only choice be buying more 20lb buckets of the Quikrete I had before. So I went up to the counter in the masonry department with only a single bag of mortar on it and asked my question and added an explanation of why I needed something with no grit or sand in it. The supervisor or manager, not sure exactly which title he holds but for certain it was one of those considering how he was talking to the cashier which was a bigger guy and took his talking down to by the guy with no expression. He (the one talking down to the cashier) was the one I asked and explained everything to in a short form since I said "Excuse me, I have a quick question" and he leaned on the desk with his arm, tilted his head and gave me this look yet said nothing. I told him the main thing is I need something with no sand or grit in it just like the Quikcrete cement I had before but was wondering if mortar or grout would be the same powder form or just stick with the Quikcrete cement. He said grout has sand in it, mortar does not. I said "Oh ok, so mortar doesn't have any sand at all in it so that would be what I need because I need to put it in a grout bag and squirt in into small cracks to seal them?", his expression never changed and he said "Yes". I said thank you and proceeded to the register right by the counter. I wheeled out the cart to my car, popped my trunk and another employee was going to his car that happened to be parked next to mine. He said "You need help with that?" and started to laugh and walked away. I take it since it was only one bag and I had it on a small cart, the employees at Lowes think a person should carry it. I work smarter, not harder. Nobody with any common sense would carry a 60lb bag or mortar and get it all over them. By that point I was ready to go in there and start smacking the taste out of every one of their mouths. Who do these people think they are talking to people like that? But of course, I didn't because I would be labeled the bad guy and I would be the one the police would be arresting if I did what I wanted to do....actually what SHOULD be done.

I get home, open the bag to start mixing.......the mortar is probably around 70 to 80% SAND. I was pissed. Not only did the guy have the biggest attitude but he lied, plain and simple and the smart mouth employees obviously follow his lead on how to treat customers. I emailed Lowes and told them of this experience and how when I come back I am going to confront that *** and be just as respectable to him as he was to me. What is Lowes response? Nothing. I called to talk to someone about the same incident, my calls get mysteriously disconnected while I wait.

If you get updates on your review I want to say I feel for you and again I agree with you on how companies/employers seem to allow their employees to talk to customers anyway they want and nothing is done about it. I hope your remodel went well and happy to hear Lowes did not get a penny of it.

I had a similar experience at the Lowe's in Durham NC on Fayetteville Rd . It was in the gardening center and has left a bad impression on me.

The staff was unbelievable rude, immature, and it was amazing that they thought they could get away with it. One "staff" person thought he was funny by driving the fork lift just inches away from me, then laughing with his coworker about it.

I spoke to a manager who was actually pleasant, but have visited this location again and haven't seen any changes. I'll be taking my money to another store where the employees know how to treat a customer with respect.

Review

Lowes in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Re: Lowe's Blow jobs.......

Since leaving Lowe's Home Improvement Center two years ago, my life is finally where I want it to be. The past two years have been ***, to say the least, but I have survived. No thanks to the people who tried to ruin my life with their attempt at making me out to be a *** and destroying my chances of getting another job. I'm sorry, but you didn't succeed. As you can see, I didn't commit suicide either. There is humor in this whole situation. My associates at work knew me so well! Did they know that my husband claims to have seen a UFO? Or that he was in jail several times? The people that posted all the smutty comments about me had plenty of truthful ammunition to use against me, but they chose to make things up. Happy New Year to all!
upsetsoldier

To my knowledge this is a consumer website, you are looking for the disgruntled employee website at the back of the Post Office.

So Sad. Your parents should have taken your advice.

Get a life.

You sound like a jealous ex employee. Do the world a favor and don't breed.

The world already has enough *** to support. Better yet go play in traffic.

Lowes

i was spotting someone on the forklift and a customer came threw the blockers and i told him to give us a minute to take something down for a other customer.The customer got upset and stared to cruse at my so i told him that there is no need for that and that we will bring the forks down down so he can grab what he needs after i said that he got more upset then he spit on my face so before he could he could spit at me again with one hand i grab his shirt and the other hand i covered his mouth so he couldn't do it again cause i don't know what he has i didn't want to get sick.One someone spits at u that is considered assault that means someone could come in there and hurt u and u cant do anything about it, Lowes is wrong for not trying to protect there employees

I would have knocked his *** out!

Well said Tasha.

i once had a customer spit on the call button at the ope desk. i told him to *** off and management backed me when i explained what happened...although later on i got a complaint, but my store took care of me for once ha

Loss

Lowes in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - If you believe this:Lowe's *** for only $5.00 from a toothless hag

If you believe this slander that is written about me, feel free to join me on facebook and reveal your true idenity. I don't hide behind a screen name and I am willing to stand up for what I believe in. Certain people have set out to destoy me and I will admit that my life has not been easy, but you haven't won the battle. I am still alive and kicking. I haven't lost my home and I am surviving. I have attempted to put a stop to this, but you just won't leave me alone. I have no choice other than to defend myself in the best way that I can. I have printed copies of the attempts that have been made to destroy my life. Who will be the next victom?

You say you don't hide behind a screen name, but you posted as anonymous. Just sayin.

Lowes in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Lowe's screwed me

I will never buy another product from Lowe's. I had a department manager lead me to believe he was a store manager with an attitude. They coukld not even get a delivery right, making me wait all day Saturday and when I called at 5 PM, I was told that I was not even on the delivery list although I was told in the moring trhat they will call me 20 minutes before delivery. I talked to the real store manager later on in person and I found he even had an attitude. When I suggested some sort of compensation, just a small one, his answer was I will deliver my product and then he will talk about some type of compensation. I will go across the street from now on to Home Depot and spend my money there.
#520501

They screwed me to.I ordered a gas grill online to be delivered to my home parcel post and my bank card was charged for total and they have no record of my order in my account on line.I have sent two emails with a copy of my bank statement showing the lowes charge trying to get it straightened out with no replies yet I have paid for it .will never shop here again.

You both need spell check.And Joe, I hope you don't do any paperwork for your store. Do you have a period key on your board? I've been with Lowes 7 years and love my job!

That's funny because the lowes I work for will give away the hole store to make somone happy to the tune of whole palets worth of product for free call corprate they will give you whatever you want by the way the reasion the managers were probably in a bad mood is because they treat there managers like dirt and the line leval people like the *** under there shoes lowes is the worst company ON THIS PLANIT to work for

Lowes in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Lowe's extended warranty

Lowe's has completely dissappointed me. We purchased an expensive front loader from them with the extended warranty. Long story short, we were sold a lemon. It has had a draining problem, which we have had serviced 5 times. They have given me the run around, blown me off. I have wasted countless hours on the phone and lugging my laundry from house to house. They never can fix the problem. I will never step foot in a Lowe's again! Shame on me for not going to a mom and pop store that deserves and needs my business- and one that will stand behind its products and warranties.
#198322

What kind of drainage problem? Many times the store installs washer incorrectly.

The drain hose needs to only be about 3-4" in the drain pipe. If you put in farther, it will create a siphon and will not work correctly.

I hope your issue is a simple one like this to correct. If not, I am sorry.

Review
#201514 Review #201514 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Lowes is O.K. for it's return policy

In a correction to the person that filed a complaint on Lowes return policy. If you were patient enough to read the Lowes policy sign that is posted (HUGE) by every return desk in over 1700 stores, Lowes also reserves the right to refuse return for any reason. As a business, to reserve the right for something, post it on a sign, have the federal government monitor that right means---there is no hidden agreement and as an AMERICAN store, as long as it is written in their policies and procedures, that is honoring their return policy. You have the right to refuse passage of strangers in your house. If I came to your do your front door, as a stranger and wanted to sell you something that was foreign to your knowledge---do you have the right not to buy it? If you buy something at one store and try to return it to a another store that does not even have it assigned to their inventory, they have the right(posted as a policy for the WORLD to see)to REFUSE return. Please correct and remove that statement. Oh, that's right, you also have the right to publish or print LIES. I have the right to sue.
#191816

What! No one has anything to add to this.

23 hits in apprx. one hour. Someone please respond to the truth. We as americans love to complain.

Well complain "bout" this --- we are all selfish and weak.

When do we actually stop and reason and give credit or try to understand the facts. We are so caught up with how cool and smart "Criminal Minds" may be, do we for one minute try to reason how stores do business.

Review
#199169 Review #199169 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Sent wrong dryer after waiting 22 days for gas dryer. c

we bought a gas dryer samsang and have been waiting for them to deliver this dryer since june 12 2010. on friday june 25 (so much for next day) they came but had an electric dryer and not gas dryer we bought on june 11. called today june 28 and said only couple more weeks and we should have dryer. my question to lowes? we bought new dryer on june 11 as ours broke and they next day service, well it has been 22 days and wash is piling up. will not buy anything from lowes again as they got me once but never again. don clayton
#193845

Read the sign ***, it's says next day on in stock products! You are an unreasonable person, it's samsung holding up the delivery not lowes.

let he that is without sin cast the first stone. for all the customers they have seems like very few complaints!