Ocala, Florida

Why does the Zephyrhills FL management allow customers to bring in their pets and put them in shopping carts> The shopping carts are not cleaned after pets are allowed to ride in them.This is a health hazard when I place my child in the shopping cart behind a dog.

Management needs to put up signs stating non service animals are not allowed in the store. I consider this a health risk to my child and myself.

I have seen dogs walking with the owners and dog in the shopping carts some with blankets under them and some without.Why

Review about: Non Service Animals In Store.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Lowes?

Comments

Charles Kevin
Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States #1203853

Blankets keep carts clean.You can't keep out disabled people legally.

If they need a dog, It has to be on a leash. The cart thing is a policy each store has.

I say if the service dog is on a blanket, It is allowed in a cart.Use a leash otherwise.

I am visiting Fort Myers, FL where there are dogs in shopping carts everywhere.I was in Belks, Lowes, and Costco and saw dogs in the carts.

Costco was the only ones that approached the customer asked the 2 questions they are allowed to ask and the animal was to a service dog and is not welcome in the store. I looked online and people with true service dogs are also irritated with small dogs in the carts and they distract the service dogs that are untrained and they cannot perform their duties. The ADA says that service dogs should not be in shopping carts but walking or carried by the person. A diabetes alert dog can be carried on the person to smell the breath of their master.

It irritates the heck out of me to see people abuse this law which, was made for people that really need it. People only think of themselves and not others. I am allergic to dogs and if it is in the shopping cart I may throw a coat in the cart and become ill. I think most store just want to avoid a law suit so they don't approach people.

But a grocery store of any kind should never have a dog in the cart - it could be illegal.

This practice of people who think their dogs are cute is ridiculous.I feel like starting a "NOT IN MY CART" campaign.

Kathy
to Anonymous #1288897

A child that has Poopy Diaper that leaks in a cart is more full of germs than a Service Dog on a Blanket or a cover over the seat and Does Not *** or pee in the cart!!!!!!!!!!

HenryGirl

Get a life!Seriously.

My dogs are much better behaved than most kids these days.

You should get a job in a corporate HR setting as I am sure you'd get your jollies out of taking away benefits and instituting policies that demoralize workers.

I don't know...I've seen alot more filthy kids than dogs in stores...or anywhere else for that matter.

VoiceForTheDogs

I think you're ridiculous.Your kid has more of a health risk going to SCHOOL then he does riding in a cart after a dog!

Some people just find things to *** about.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States #712185

People who come into contact with dogs have healthier immune systems. What about kids with loaded diapers that sit in those shopping carts? Ever think of that?

Bunnybuzki
Eatontown, New Jersey, United States #698940

You arent at a grocery store you are at a home improvement store.Even in a grocery store there is tons of salmonella and e coli.

Your children are also known for spreading eay more germs in shopping carts than a dog.

Why dont you clean the cart before putting your child in anyway, are you that lazy?Dogs are hardly allowed anywhere anymore, leave the few places left alone.

T
Chicago, Illinois, United States #661111

Well... what about the bag of manure I could put in the cart? The cart isn't sanitized after that, either...

lowes employee
Denver, Colorado, United States #625241

after reading through these comments its obvious why lowe's cant make up their minds about letting animals in the store.... half of you treat them better than humans and feel entitled to let your "fur children" everywhere you go. i personally dont give a *** either way, i just wish the company would grow a BACKBONE and not worry about *** a customer off.