Today, Sunday 12/16/2012, my husband and I were shopping at Lowes in Gautier MS. I was RUDELY ordered out of the store by "one of many" store manager.

Reason being, my 12 lbs Yorkie-poo! He was in the cart sitting very calmly on his pillow, not barking, but being a very good boy. We have been taking him to Lowes for 7 years and NEVER has anyone stated that dogs were not allowed. This manager spoke to me in matter that I will not tolerate.

He is obviously a women and dog hater. His mannerism leads me to believe he's on a "power trip" with the manager's title! I fully intend to report him to Lowes headquarters. Apparently Lowes is TO BIG TO FAIL if their willing to lose customers over this ***!!

Home Depot will be getting all my business in the future.

Comments

Did you happen to notice the large "Service Dogs Allowed" sign on the front door? Why do you think those rules apply to everyone except you? You're in the wrong, don't blame other people for that.....

Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States #748466

as a former employee of lowe's, i know it's against policy for any animals to be in the store beyond assistance animals.

also, as a former employee of lowe's, i have to ask - WHY THE *** DO YOU PEOPLE BRING YOUR DOGS INTO A HARDWARE STORE FULL OF POWER TOOLS, CHEMICALS, AND CHILDREN?!

i mean seriously, what goes into that thought process? i was in arizona at the time and i'd get an earfull of "HEY, it's 200 degrees in a car right now!" and it took every fiber of my being to not ask "THEN WHY THE *** ARE YOU TAKING THEM FOR A CAR RIDE?!"

Maybe you're out running errands and have your dog with.....what ? Leave him in the car? Its not like they sell food....if pet stores are ok why not lowes....i hate people and love my dogs....

Montana, Montana, United States #681305

Next time bring your dog in a kennel..thay may help. Maybe he was allergic to dogs..which shouldn't be in the store unless a service dog.

Good luck elsewhere. :)

Paris, Texas, United States #632915

I work at a Lowes in Texas. I see as many dogs in my store as people.

Seriously. I dont bring my pets to the store with me. I will never bring my fish to Walmart, I will never bring my cat to Whataburger. Why do people bring dogs to Lowes?

All *** day long...all laid out in the shopping carts like babies.

I *** hate people that do this and I usually wont offer them help. ***, LEAVE YOUR DOGS AT HOME!

Walnut Creek, California, United States #595333

I wish there was a share button. I would love to post this stupidity to Facebook and every other social network so they can get a good laugh.

Oregon, Ohio, United States #589155

I like dogs too, but Lowes is not a place to bring your pets. We had an incident where a shoppers dog bit a 6 year old as she walked past.

The girl was not trying to pet it.

She was just walking by the cart. Well now that shopper is facing a large lawsuit, and the shopper is hoping Lowes backs her up which they will not.

Its the policy. Get over yourself.

Im guessing that he probably doesn't hate dogs or woman.....just ignorance.

Just because you have been speeding down a road for 5 years and have not got caught doesn't change the speed limit.

Livingston, New Jersey, United States #584920

Get over it. Leave the dog at home like most people do.

That thing they call a shopping cart is NOT a stroller for your dog, in fact, it just may be the next place I sit my toddler down in, so YAY for the Lowes manager, new or old, for abiding the Lowes policies. Take your dog to Petsmart.

This coming from a mother and a dog lover.

I'd sure like to know where Heartless works so I can avoid shopping there. Seem to be the kind of person I'd like to avoid.

Most retail places only allow Assistance Dogs in their stores. You're very foolish thinking you can bring your dog anywhere you want.

In most states dogs are banned from Parks, unless it's specifically a dog park. I voted for FUNNY! You're exactly the type of person I do not want to see when I'm working.

You think the world owes you everything and that you can act however you want and do whatever you want. Then when told NO you throw a hissy fit.

Miami, Florida, United States #582881

i HAVE 3 DOGS AND WOULD NEVER DREAM OF TAKING THEM IN A STORE WHILE i AM SHOPPING. YOU ARE NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Germantown, Maryland, United States #582747

Why do you think its ok for you to take your dog into the store for anyways? Leave your dog at home.