2.8
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I bought a Porter Cable cordless drill this summer. The chuck began to work progressively harder as I used it, until today it froze up completely.

I took it to Lowes in Longmont CO today to exchange. The clerk told me that I could only return it within 30 days, and past that I needed to get with Porter Cable. At that point I told her to just keep it. If Lowes house brand or private label products are so poor that they only stand behind them for thirty days, they're probably not worth the box they come in.

I could not believe this policy. (The clerk was nice however....at least for the time that I was there.)

Review about: Porter Cable Drill.

Reason of review: Good customer service.

I didn't like: Exchange policy.

Comments

Read your warranty. The warranty is provided by the manufacturer, not Lowes.

The warranty covers repair of the tool, not replacement. Lowes is kind enough to exchange the tool if it fails within the first 30 days but beyond that you need to get the tool to a service center for repair. If you would bother reading the warranty you would find it covers the drill for longer than 30 days. Some of the Porter Cable drills have a 3 year warranty on the tool and 2 years on the battery.

Seems like a decent warranty to me. What makes you feel you deserve special treatment?

to Anonymous #1390994

I see you know little about retail.

to John_2017_104 #1391250

So, John_2017_104...

Exactly what is the solution, according to you?

Lowe's didn't manufacture the drill, so why would they extend a warranty beyond the manufacturers warranty? They can't get credit for it themselves beyond thirty days so why would you expect them to eat the cost?

It isn't their product! They JUST sell it!

to Anonymous #1390995

Your lack of retail knowledge is evident.

Porter cable is not a Lowes house brand , it's owned by black and Decker which also owns dewalt

to Guest #1390996

Exactly.....thats how house brands work. They are always manufactured by another company.

to John_2017_104 #1391701

Lowes house brand is Kobalt.

ransom
to John_2017_104 #1391999

Porter Cable is not a Lowes house brand. Kobalt is their house brand.

So Lowes does not warranty Porter Cable. That's how retail works.