We entered into contract to purchase and install carpet. The contract had carpet purchase of 900 Sq. Ft. at $2232.00 and installation labor charge of $815.40. Full payment was made and we awaited installation scheduled for 5/22/2014.

The following is a list of the deficiencies following installation:

1. The carpet is not all tight and snug. There is a raised bump radiating from the east wall in the living room about 1 inch high and about 14 inches long.

2.There are several places where the tack down staples are showing and are obvious. Our old carpet installation did not show any staples.

3.We were told by the installers to put down “transition strips” to cover the gap where new carpeting met the old. Our old carpet had no “transition strips’ and had no obvious gaps where the carpets met.

4. Upon completion the installers asked if I had a good vacuum cleaner. Upon an affirmative answer they suggested we do the clean up of all the tufts, fuzz and lint. Whereupon they left. (They were there about 10 man hours.).

5. My contract states I paid for 900 feet of carpet and 855 feet of pad. Did I over pay for the amount of carpet or was 45 feet of carpet laid with no pad?

6. When we vacuum in a certain direction we get diagonal lines in the carpet.

The poor quality and service has certainly put LOWES in my DO NOT SHOP and DO NOT RECOMMEND folder.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Installation.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 30, 2014.

Comments