I walked in with a list and pictures of what I was looking for. The first employee I asked said he didn't know where a floor joist brace was (the first item on my list) and say it "may" be in lumber, which was at the opposite end of the store. I asked someone in lumber, they said "Yes we have that, it's on the back wall." Then they walked away. The back wall is enormous and I spent about fifteen minutes pouring over it looking for a floor joist brace. I came across the same employee and asked again, this time showing him a picture of what a floor joist brace looks like. He then told me it would be back at the other end of the store where I started. Of course he didn't bother to show me, he walked away almost as soon as telling me to go to the other end of the store in flooring. After searching flooring for a few minutes I asked someone who worked in flooring, he looked at the picture of a floor joist brace, and told me to walk back to the end of the store and check lumber. At this point I left my cart right where it was and walked out. I am totally serious here, I could not locate, nor could any employee help me locate the first item on my list.

To the manager of Lowes in Clovis, CA:

Please instruct your employee's that when a customer is asking where to locate an item they should either personally take the customer to that item and help them pick it out, or stay with them until they have found another employee who can better assist them.

Review about: Lowes Manager.

Comments

next you will want someone to wipe your *** for you. :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

Anderson, Indiana, United States #707367

You think lowes is bad, wait until you experience the nightmare at menards.

Happens at my store all the time, but this is partially your fault. I bet you came off as rude and condescending and these employees just wanted to get away from you ASAP. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T KNOW FLOOR JOIST IS YOU WORK HERE!" I bet that's how it all started, then as you became more and more angry you were more rude when you approached each employee and they all thought the same thing SEND THIS GUY AWAY FROM ME ASAP he will be difficult to deal with.

These employees were not exactly amazing, however, your approach helps as well. This is what most customers will never understand. They think they can come up to us and be total j@ck@ass3s and we will do whatever they want for them. IT DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY. You approach us respectfully and you will get better service. You approach us with a clear entitlement complex and you will get pushed a side quickly.

At my store it's the rule you have to walk people to the item. I almost always do so UNLESS they are rude and condescending. I will just say IT'S OVER THERE. I've walked people directly to items before and they still trying to get the one up on me. It's not worth my time or effort to deal with that. I'm sure these people feel the same.