3.5
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I stopped at Lowes in Harrisburg, Pa. after running several other errands.

I have health issues that cause exhaustion with even a mild amount of exertion so i was very tired but wanted to finish my last stop at Lowes to pick up the items i needed. There was not one cart available in the front of the store where carts are generally kept as they were scattered all over the parking lot. So I asked 2 employees standing in the checkout area to please find a cart for me to use so i could shop. The one told me I should "go out in the parking lot and find one because they are all out there".

The second fellow added that my other option was to "walk around the store and see if there were any sitting around that weren't being used". At that point randomly walking around looking for a cart wasn't even an option and I really wanted to find the items I came for. I asked the first fellow to find one for me but his only interest was getting rid of me. And he may have succeeded.

Because the next time I need something for my home I just may go elsewhere.

There are plenty of places to buy the items that Lowes sells! Oh another customer removed her items from the cart she was using and gave it to me!

Review about: Lowes Customer Care.

Comments

Oviedo, Florida, United States #1328042

How many carts did you walk by in the parking lot on your way into the store? I always grab a cart in the parking lot and take it in with me.

Houston, Texas, United States #1322891

When I read the OP's complaint, I gather that there were 2 cashiers at the front of the store.

Then the OP asked both cashiers to find a cart for him/her.

That would mean that there would have been no cashiers at the front of the store.

I hope the OP realizes that 1) someone could have complained about the fact that there were no cashiers at the front of the store; 2) store management may require the someone always be at the front no matter how slow it is or 3) someone could have easily walked out the store without paying for their purchase.

I realize that the OP considers what the cashiers did was poor customer service, but store management would not want any of the above to happen.

So the OP should just complain to Corporate Headquarters about this.

Mount Laurel, New Jersey, United States #1322856

Cashiers in most any store you go to are expected to be at their registers to check out customers and keep people from leaving the store without paying for their products, as such they aren't allowed to go outside or walk around the store looking for carts for you. Unfortunately on busy days this cart situation can happen no matter where you shop. If you have a heath problem that makes it so difficult to get around a store you should talk to your doctor about getting a scooter to get around.