Verified Reviewer

I have spent several thousand dollars at Lowes within the last year- most recent was a fence that I ordered on Memorial Day-- the fence was installed in August and 1 week after the install the fence started to fall apart- here it is October 22,2020 and my fence is not fixed- its excuse after excuse.. I almost lost one of our dogs this past week because of the poor workmanship- they were quick to take my 2400.00 but not quick to get this fixed- Nobody gives a damn and their response time and communication is horrible- As soon as this is fixed- I am closing my account- I will never buy a thing from Lowes again and would never recommend to anyway- Try Home Depot or Menards for service and quality.

User's recommendation: Never Shop Here.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Lowes Cons: Horrible customer service and workmanship.

Location: 3330 28th St SE, Kentwood, MI 49512

Comments

#1940694

Your complaint is full of holes. Why should they do anything for you now that you have stated you will never shop there again.

What service are you talking about at Menards? They don't even offer installation.

#1940825
@PissedConsumer1940694

My fence is under warranty it is their responsibility to get it fixed- I buy a lot of things at Lowes and wont be doing that anymore so will take my business to Menards and Home Depot. You don't know what you are talking about- I have been in sales all my life and reviews that are not favorable to a company make an impact-its how change happens- So save it

#1940396

Your experience is not that unusual when having a project installed through a big box store like Lowes or other. They farm out the jobs to an outside contractor who may or may not be reliable or do good work,etc.

Therein lies the problem. Lowe's already has your money and has given part of it to the sub contractor who, having been paid for the job is reticent to spend more time and/or money to fix the problems. People like to contract for projects through a big box store under the assumption they will save money and that the store will fix any problems. That's a naive assumption as you have found out.

Hiring a local small contractor to install a fence or whatever is usually a safer bet as far as having good results. There are local contractors who will do all sorts of projects for you and you don't have to pay them the whole estimated cost until it is finished to your satisfaction.

Lowes Reviews