1.7
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

MY NAME IS BILL AYERS ON 17 AUG I STARTED A JOB OF REPLACING MY 20 X24 DECK.I WENT TO LOWES CARTERSVILLE,GA TO GET MY MATERIAL.I WENT BACK TO THE LUMBER AREA AND FOUND THE RACK OF ADVERTIZED DECK WOOD 5 1/4 X 8 THE PRICE WAS 4---SOMETHING.I LOADED MY WOOD NOBODY ASKED TO HELP ME.I STOPPED TO GET SOME OLYMPIC STAIN 25$ OFF 3 GAL.AND PICKED UP SOME OTHER THINGS.I BEEN DOING BUSINESS WITH LOWES 30 YEAR. HAD 10000.00 LOWES CARD AT ONE TIME.WHEN I WENT TO CHECK OUT THE YOUNG MAN CHARGED ME FOR PREMIUM I TOLD HIM I GOT OFF THE 4 DOLLAR HE DID NOT CARE AND BECAME BELIGERANT.A LADY NAMED MICHELL STEPPED IN AND HELPED SEEM IT WAS LOADED ON THE WRONG RACK.WITH NO FURTHER HELP I AND MY WIFE LOADED IT ON THE TRUCK.WE STARTED OUR PROJECT.MY SON HAD BOUGHT ME A NEW DEWALT DRILL FOR MY BIRTHDAY HE BOUGHT IT AT LOWES IT STOPPED WORKING I WAS TIRED AND IT WAS95 DEGREES TOOK IT BACK THE FIRST CLERK GAVE ME ATTITUDE HE WOULD NOT HELP ME I GOT MAD AND ASKED TO SEE A SUPERVISOR I WAS RASING ***.THE SAID THEY WOULD NOT SWAP IT AND THEY COULD NOT TAKE IT BACK THEIR SYSTEM WOULD NOT WORK WITH OUT THE RECEIPT.IT WAS A GIFT.THEN RICK WALKED UP AND TOLD ME TO LEAVE HE WAS CALLING THE POLICE I ASKED HIM TO GO TO THE PARKING LOT AND I WOULD FIX HIS PROBLEM.I LEFT AND WENT TO HOME DEPOT AND BOUGHT ANOTHER DRILL I WANTED TO FINISH THE JOB.I'M 71 YEARS OLD VIET NAM COMBAT VETERAN 33 YEARS ARMY.I COULD NOT BELIEVE THE ATTITUDE OF CUSTOMER SERVICE.I NEVER HAD THIS KIND OF EXPERIENCE AT ANY LOWES.I WILL SEND THIS TOO BBB AND COUNTY BLOGS I RESPECTED HERE. AND RUN THIS IN THE NEWS PAPER.I PROMISE TO NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH LOWES AGAIN AND I WILL SPREAD THIS TO EVERY ONE I NO IN THIS COUNTY AND EVERY WHERE I GO.CALL THE POLICE ON ME BECAUSE I'M MAD YOU DID DISHONORED ME AND FAILED TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOU PRODUCTS.WILLIAM H AYERS

Review about: Lowes Manager.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: I WANT THIS RICK MANAGER FIRED AND ALL CUSTOMER SERVICE CHANGED TO THE WAY IT USED TO BE.

I didn't like: Service and manager attitude.

Comments

I am too a Vietnam Combat Veteran different store different problem still same disrespect to the elderly! I would recommend another look at this store from our brothers in arms.

You're shopping in a self service, big box store. Of course your going to load your own lumber.

Yes, the wood was stocked in the wrong location but they and every other retail store has the right to charge the proper price for the items you take. As far as the drill goes, you are bringing in a high theft item without a receipt. No one knows how old it is and if it was even purchased there. You aren't going to find many stores that would treat that return any different.

It would be easy enough to ask your son for the receipt to get the drill taken care of.

It's obvious you got hot and loud otherwise they wouldn't have needed to call the police. I don't know where you plan on shopping, Home Depot won't be any different.

to Anonymous Cartersville, Georgia, United States #1353444

you probably never built a 400 sq deck and had the tool go bad so you would not understand the frustration of sat afternoon trying to finish and your new dewalt stopped working,thanks for your comment

to Anonymous #1353518

I've built plenty of decks and own quite a collection of Dewalt and Bosch tools. If I have a tool that doesn't work when I buy it, I take it back to the store for an exchange WITH MY RECEIPT.

If they fail later they go to the service center for repair. You're just one of those people that feel they can return anything to the store for any reason. Stores just don't make enough money on products anymore to eat the loss on returns like yours.

It's time you realize the "consumer is always right" mentality is a thing of the past. Stores have to protect themselves from consumer abuse to stay in business.

Please stop shouting with the capital letters, Bill.

I can't read your complaint because it annoys my eyes.

Capital letters are for proper nouns and starting sentences.