We purchased a Samsung front-load washer, model number WF42H5200HAF with the extended warranty From St. Charles Lowes 2900 West Clay St., Saint Charles, MO 63301, Store# 1057 2 years ago.

I called Lowes because They contracted with Mid America Service for warranty service. I scheduled the appointment on Saturday and they sent me an email confirmation on Tuesday to confirm my appointment. I sent a email back the same day and time I received the email with a confirmation of the date and time window of 8am-5pm CST. I called Lowes appliances back and spoke with Steve in appliances and he told me that my extended service warranty was not with Lowes but a third party company that handles that issue and Lowes doesn't handle that issue.

So I explained to Steve I purchased the warranty from Lowes and the company represents Lowes. Steve put me on hold after I explain to him my issue and I was 5 minutes away and If need be I will come up to the store. Steve put me on hold so I went to Lowes while he still had me on hold. The whole time I spoke with the Appliance Manager Diane, I was still on hold with Steve for 36 minutes.

I did not get my appointment because they had the wrong phone number that Lowes gave them and Lowes has the right phone number in there system.

I had to reschedule my appointment two days out and I never received an apology from Steve from being on hold. I would not recommend this location to anyone.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Customer Care.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 10.

Comments

You should have called the 800 number for the warranty. If you're covered they'll set up a time for a repairman to come out.

Lowes does not handle repairs. All the store can do after 2 years is tell you the same thing. After 2 years, you wouldn't even be able to find the receipt (receipts are kept for 6 months).

It has been two years. Call the warranty number.

“Learn about contract law.” What an ignorant statement.

The individual stores don’t administer the warranty service, they just sell the plans. The only information the store has is your purchase information. If you had an issue with the service call you placed, why didn’t you just call the service hotline that you originally called to put in for the repair?

to Anonymous #1581747

Sorry to bust your bubble but Lowes. call tjem because the are a representative of Lowes

to Anonymous #1581790

Your answer makes absolutely no sense. Re-read the post and answer the question.

“The individual stores don’t administer the warranty service, they just sell the plans.

The only information the store has is your purchase information. If you had an issue with the service call you placed, why didn’t you just call the service hotline that you originally called to put in for the repair?“

to Anonymous #1581880

Learn about contract law.

Your complaint should be with the warranty company not Lowe’s.

to Anon #1579522

About the warranty sure. But not that awful customer service.

to Get educated #1580596

I read your review... You didn’t receive “awful customer service”, you were looking for it.

I guarantee Steve new you were in the store talking to his manager as soon as you walked in.

Any normal person would of hung up the phone as soon as they were in the store. There is no educating the ignorant.

to Anon #1580606

Learn about 3rd party contracts & companies that enter into agreements of the contracts then comment.

to Anon #1580605

The warranty company is a representative of Lowes, when Lowes entered a contract with the warranty company. Read your company 3rd party representation information.