Went to my local Lowes in Deland Fl, on International Speedway Blvd. There were more employes than customers. Have a bad arm, could hardly pull the cart around, passed a lot of employes, but no one would offer to help me. So I stopped my buying and left the store. Had a lot of spring jobs to do, but could not stand the poor service any longer. I purchased bags of cement, water softener salt, plants, *** killer, never made it to the lumber dept. Don't know when I have been so pissed!!!

Thanks

Daryl Ward

425 King Charles Circle

DeLand, Fl 32724

386-717-8381

Comments

Surprised no one noticed the most glaring sentence in Mr Ward's complaint--"Have a bad arm, could hardly pull the cart around....I purchased bags of cement, water softener salt...). Why would someone who has diminished physical capacity be buying all these items for his "spring jobs"?

Who was going to unload it when he got home? Likewise, who was going to do the work??

As a Lowe's employee, isn't it our job to enquire if a customer needs assistance? The flip side of that is if an individual needs help, they should ask.

There are two sides to everything, and this one sounds like there was fault on both sides.

I do my best to engage every customer I can, and make sure they get what they need in a timely manner. Customers, you do need to realize that sometimes we are engaged in something that requires our attention for a moment before we can get to you, so please try and be a little patient.

1lowesemp

Wow. I need some help adding comments.

Ok, the numbers change as comments are added (duh). So, for the last time, I was commenting originally on the customer from VA BCH BLV.

Then, the original complaint. Sorry, Lowes hired me for my work ethic, not my smarts !

1lowesemp

By the way, I realize I was commenting on message # 3. But I'm not changing my opinion on the bad attitudes.

Again, we are there to help customers. We would have been reamed a new one if that customer had complained to customer service. And it would have been deserved. Every store has people who try to get away with doing as little as possibe and they manage to get away with it most times.

Then there are others who take pride in their job and do their best because that's how they were brought up. Also having compassion for people who are having difficulty seems to be a part of good employees.

Unfortunately, it's not found everywhere. I'm not saying I'm perfect by any means, but those two comments make my blood boil.

1lowesemp

Hey this is to jj48 and Mr.Smarts. You might want to go back reread the original complaint.

It clearly states that he asked for help. That's one of our jobs. This customer has every right to be angry if he had to go all the way to the store manager to get help.

And no, I'm not a manager, just a lowly worker on the floor who actually understands customer service. You two need to find a new job.

I went in to pay my account off 900.00 dollars they would not accept a bank money order.

LOWES = LOSERS!

VA BEACH BLVD LOCATION AT LONDON BRIDGE.

TRY GETTING SOME ASSISTANCE IN THAT STORE. IT WON'T HAPPEN. THEY DON'T LIKE CUSTOMERS AND THEY ARE LAAAAAAZY!

I ASKED FOR HELP WITH SOME HEAVY LUMBER, NEVER GOT IT. I DID GET A YOUNG BIMBO AT THE REGISTER WHO THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY. I ASKED FOR THE STORE MANAGER WHO DID COME RIGHT AWAY, HE REACTED LIKE I WAS AN IMPOSITON AND HE OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T CARE. HE NEVER APOLOGIZED ON BEHALF OF HIS LAZY EMPLOYEES. I ASKED THEM TO TAKE ALL THE LUMBER OUT OF TRUCK AND GOT A REFUND.

NEXT STOP, HOME DEPOT. PAID A LITTLE MORE BUT GOT ALOT OF SATISFACTION.

PS-I AM A SENIOR WHO'S HAD A HEART ATTACK.

Hi Daryl-

I am in CO, and have been in the retail industry for over 13 years. As with any social setting, you have some wonderful people and then the not so wonderful.

I worked for the "Orange Box" before Lowe's and customer service was drilled into our heads from the start. That was over 8 years ago, and I know Lowe's is playing catch up on that part. A lot of the times, I know our store has it steady times and slower times, and perhaps some of the employees were performing tasks. I know, if someone came up to me and asked for my help in assisting them with shopping, I would help in any way I could as soon as I could find someone cover my area or get someone to help.

I ask that maybe next time that you stop by the customer service desk up front and ask if there is anyone that could help you because of your arm.

I hope that you have had more pleasant experiences there. Blessings.

Next time start in the lumber department, Mr. Ward, I am sure they will help you.

Next time you come in, Mr. Ward, why don't you start in lumber and you will be offered help.

I agree with Mr Smarts..just because you are lazy you expect people to help you. Next time try asking for help or getting a job in retail and try dealing with all the dumbasses like yourself

Don't be so lazy and ask someone you *** no one is going to bend over backwards for you anywhere you go. Your sounding so incompetent wow..,