Update by user Jul 14

No contact or action from Lowes over 42 day span - not that it was expected. Will still patronize Lowes but won't fall for their "Protection Plan" again.

Original review posted by user Jun 02

Purchased Whirlpool Cabrio dryer in August 2017 from Lowe's - including a 3 year protection plan. Dryer heat stopped working in May 2019.

The local repair service we prefer was called first. We were told that Lowe's had to approve them for the service to be provided. Called the number provided and were told that the warranty service could only be provided by a company in Lexington, KY, which is 1.5 hours away from our location. Absolute absurdity!!

We determined that the Lowe's "protection plan" was a joke, called our preferred local service provider, and continued with life. Lowe's "protection plan" - NEVER AGAIN!

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Protection Plan.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

• Protection Plan Problems

Comments

I bought a lawn mower with extended warranty for 3 years paid about $300 dollars for warranty, now they said it’s not in computer, my phone is not in computer they need my receipts what a waste of my $300.00 they got me good what a SCAM but never again

You obviously didn't spend a second looking at the service plan you purchased. They all require that you contact the plan provider who will arrange for service.

They have contracts with low cost service providers to cover the repairs. Nowhere does it say you can contact whoever you want and that they will cover their charges.

@Anonymous

Any well read person knows that extended warranties and service plans are almost always a gyp. I wouldn't purchase any kind of appliance from someone who is trying to aggressively sell me one of them, because they are showing that they don't respect me and they think that I am dense.