Lowes - Purchase of Laminate Flooring Turns into Nightmarish Experience
Mid February decided to purchase laminate flooring material through Lowe's.Called flooring dept at my local Lowe's and arranged to have room measured.
Took 2 weeks - end of Feb before guy shows up to measure. Meanwhile I'd looked online at patterns, saw one I liked, called store and was told pattern not in store so I would have to order it. OK. When sample arrived, it looked nothing at all like Pergo picture so took it to store to have them call Pergo and have them send one that looked more like picture.
Flooring guy says to me, "wait, let me check samples we have in store to see if we can find something better" (HUH? - thought you said you don't have that pattern in store!) Guy comes back and says no, something is wrong, all our samples look like one Pergo sent you. By this time a month has elapsed and I still don't have my flooring so I selected a different pattern at the store. Guy says he's ordered it (I'm there 3 hours waiting for him to complete transaction!) and flooring will be in by March 20th and installed following week (March 23rd).
March 23rd, no word from Lowes regarding delivery, install, anything at all, so I call store and am told my flooring has been there since March 17th and they have no idea why it hasn't been delivered. It is finally delivered March 26th (stacked in 7 - 4' high piles right inside my front door). I tell the guy I don't think that's a good place to leave it but he says he's only authorized to deliver to inside my door. Meanwhile I call the installation guy to verify installation is scheduled for March 29th.
Installer questions me about humidity and temperature conditions in room where laminate is to be installed then tells me he won't install that product because it isn't suitable for temperature/humidity conditions in my home, and recommends instead that I purchase ceramic tile. So both install guy and I make separate calls to Lowes telling them they need to come and get the laminate flooring that day. As luck would have it, my doorbell rang and when I went to answer the door, two of the 4' high piles fell over hitting me in the leg and resulting in a hematoma the size of a melon and excruciating pain. I immediately called the store manager (Mark) to report what had happened, and he told me to seek medical treatment and that he would be sure to have everything picked up the following day (27th).
Didn't happen and everything is still stacked inside my door, and to make matters worse (if possible!) install crew shows up early this morning because no one at Lowes had remembered to inform them job was cancelled. Crew calls their boss and he confirms that job was cancelled and he will call "Mark" to find out why stuff is still at my home and why his crew wasn't told about cancellation. I've also called "Mark" 4 times today to find out why this hasn't been picked up as promised, calls have not been returned. Time is now 4:00 pm and stuff is still here blocking my entryway and still on my Lowe's credit card (almost $3,000).
Seems fairly obvious, if you do business with Lowe's be prepared to experience delays, misinformation and all in all extremely substandard poor service (perfect example of adage: Left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing)...
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Lack of response
- Customer service received
- Wrong product delivered
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Armstrong Flooring
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "It took us 3 years to make a final decision on getting someone to do our deck. We signed a contract on May 3, 2014 with Lowes to get..."
- "The worst experience EVER! We purchased an exterior door (primed pre-hung door). We were told to use a Duramax Exterior Semi-Gloss Tintable White Latex-Base Paint and Primer in One. When..."
- "Lowe's Customer Service is horrible. I shopped online and put 3 items into my shopping cart, a total cost of $60-something. What happened next, the truck delivery charges are displayed..."
- "4500 curry ford rd Orlando fl This is the twistee treat located on Curry Ford Road in Orlando Florida.I noticed I was in the low class ghetto Hispanic section of..."
- "You may have seen the ads stream across your social media accounts about some celebrity losing their job because they lost weight (Melissa McCarthy, for example) and all because they..."
- "This is a response to an account manager by the name of Lucy. I am extremely dissatisfied with this entire process. I ordered a dress for a special event in..."
- "I purchased a new 2015 Kenworth T680 (500 hp cummins, 13 speed ultra shift plus, Ag380) and noticed a slight vibration upon bob tailing it home from dealer, so I..."
- "We moved from Naples Fl to Port Saint Lucie. They came with too small a truck and crammed everything in. A LOT of damage to nice furniture. We are sick..."
- "I was solicited at my home by a USA Choice foods representative to buy steaks, chicken and seafood. I was only interested in the steaks. I was told that the..."