Lowes - Purchase of Laminate Flooring Turns into Nightmarish Experience
Mid February decided to purchase laminate flooring material through Lowe's.Called flooring dept at my local Lowe's and arranged to have room measured.
Took 2 weeks - end of Feb before guy shows up to measure. Meanwhile I'd looked online at patterns, saw one I liked, called store and was told pattern not in store so I would have to order it. OK. When sample arrived, it looked nothing at all like Pergo picture so took it to store to have them call Pergo and have them send one that looked more like picture.
Flooring guy says to me, "wait, let me check samples we have in store to see if we can find something better" (HUH? - thought you said you don't have that pattern in store!) Guy comes back and says no, something is wrong, all our samples look like one Pergo sent you. By this time a month has elapsed and I still don't have my flooring so I selected a different pattern at the store. Guy says he's ordered it (I'm there 3 hours waiting for him to complete transaction!) and flooring will be in by March 20th and installed following week (March 23rd).
March 23rd, no word from Lowes regarding delivery, install, anything at all, so I call store and am told my flooring has been there since March 17th and they have no idea why it hasn't been delivered. It is finally delivered March 26th (stacked in 7 - 4' high piles right inside my front door). I tell the guy I don't think that's a good place to leave it but he says he's only authorized to deliver to inside my door. Meanwhile I call the installation guy to verify installation is scheduled for March 29th.
Installer questions me about humidity and temperature conditions in room where laminate is to be installed then tells me he won't install that product because it isn't suitable for temperature/humidity conditions in my home, and recommends instead that I purchase ceramic tile. So both install guy and I make separate calls to Lowes telling them they need to come and get the laminate flooring that day. As luck would have it, my doorbell rang and when I went to answer the door, two of the 4' high piles fell over hitting me in the leg and resulting in a hematoma the size of a melon and excruciating pain. I immediately called the store manager (Mark) to report what had happened, and he told me to seek medical treatment and that he would be sure to have everything picked up the following day (27th).
Didn't happen and everything is still stacked inside my door, and to make matters worse (if possible!) install crew shows up early this morning because no one at Lowes had remembered to inform them job was cancelled. Crew calls their boss and he confirms that job was cancelled and he will call "Mark" to find out why stuff is still at my home and why his crew wasn't told about cancellation. I've also called "Mark" 4 times today to find out why this hasn't been picked up as promised, calls have not been returned. Time is now 4:00 pm and stuff is still here blocking my entryway and still on my Lowe's credit card (almost $3,000).
Seems fairly obvious, if you do business with Lowe's be prepared to experience delays, misinformation and all in all extremely substandard poor service (perfect example of adage: Left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing)...
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Lack of response
- Customer service received
- Wrong product delivered
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Armstrong Flooring
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
You May Also Like
- "Lowes has an amazingly sweet staff designed to grab your money quick but then try to get your merchandise delivered and don't complain about our terrible service. When..."
- "My husband and I had all new windows & doors, puchased at Lowes and installed by Lowes, put in our home approximately 2 years ago. ALL of the windows have..."
- "I believe the reason that pay pal, EBAY & GE Capital now Synchrony Bank do this is that they want to really frustrate the customer stone wall them make up..."
- "Rooms to Go is terrible. We have had 3 bad experiences now and I will tell you this will be the last one. Here was our problem: our last..."
- "I saw this sign on the morning of April 18th 2015 out front of PSL Target and I had to know why someone would put this up. I really thought..."
- "It is more like "Rooms to Garbage". I bought a sectional couch "bonded leather" and after 2 years every piece of the sectional started flaking and peeling off. Don't ever..."
- "Dear Sir/Madam; Good day!I've been calling your customer service and waiting for 20 minutes everytime i call, unfortunately never answered at all. Anyway,may i request your good office for a"..."
- "Ordered a Premium Large Garden Basket (the biggest upgrade) for a friend's funeral. They assured me they would be delivered to the funeral home by 10:30am since the funeral started..."
- "I purchased a dining room set from Bad boy, and requested delivery and set up after hours. They sold me the dining room set and delivered on time, however, the..."