Port Saint Lucie, Florida

Mid February decided to purchase laminate flooring material through Lowe's.Called flooring dept at my local Lowe's and arranged to have room measured.

Took 2 weeks - end of Feb before guy shows up to measure. Meanwhile I'd looked online at patterns, saw one I liked, called store and was told pattern not in store so I would have to order it. OK. When sample arrived, it looked nothing at all like Pergo picture so took it to store to have them call Pergo and have them send one that looked more like picture.

Flooring guy says to me, "wait, let me check samples we have in store to see if we can find something better" (HUH? - thought you said you don't have that pattern in store!) Guy comes back and says no, something is wrong, all our samples look like one Pergo sent you. By this time a month has elapsed and I still don't have my flooring so I selected a different pattern at the store. Guy says he's ordered it (I'm there 3 hours waiting for him to complete transaction!) and flooring will be in by March 20th and installed following week (March 23rd).

March 23rd, no word from Lowes regarding delivery, install, anything at all, so I call store and am told my flooring has been there since March 17th and they have no idea why it hasn't been delivered. It is finally delivered March 26th (stacked in 7 - 4' high piles right inside my front door). I tell the guy I don't think that's a good place to leave it but he says he's only authorized to deliver to inside my door. Meanwhile I call the installation guy to verify installation is scheduled for March 29th.

Installer questions me about humidity and temperature conditions in room where laminate is to be installed then tells me he won't install that product because it isn't suitable for temperature/humidity conditions in my home, and recommends instead that I purchase ceramic tile. So both install guy and I make separate calls to Lowes telling them they need to come and get the laminate flooring that day. As luck would have it, my doorbell rang and when I went to answer the door, two of the 4' high piles fell over hitting me in the leg and resulting in a hematoma the size of a melon and excruciating pain. I immediately called the store manager (Mark) to report what had happened, and he told me to seek medical treatment and that he would be sure to have everything picked up the following day (27th).

Didn't happen and everything is still stacked inside my door, and to make matters worse (if possible!) install crew shows up early this morning because no one at Lowes had remembered to inform them job was cancelled. Crew calls their boss and he confirms that job was cancelled and he will call "Mark" to find out why stuff is still at my home and why his crew wasn't told about cancellation. I've also called "Mark" 4 times today to find out why this hasn't been picked up as promised, calls have not been returned. Time is now 4:00 pm and stuff is still here blocking my entryway and still on my Lowe's credit card (almost $3,000).

Seems fairly obvious, if you do business with Lowe's be prepared to experience delays, misinformation and all in all extremely substandard poor service (perfect example of adage: Left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing)...

Review about: Armstrong Flooring.

I didn't like: Lack of response, Customer service received, Service, Wrong product delivered.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Lowes Installation
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $2700
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Lowes?

Comments

Next time go to a small, family owned business who cares about their customers.

Deal with a big box store, get big box store service.

You are another number, not a name.