Mid February decided to purchase laminate flooring material through Lowe's.Called flooring dept at my local Lowe's and arranged to have room measured.
Took 2 weeks - end of Feb before guy shows up to measure. Meanwhile I'd looked online at patterns, saw one I liked, called store and was told pattern not in store so I would have to order it. OK. When sample arrived, it looked nothing at all like Pergo picture so took it to store to have them call Pergo and have them send one that looked more like picture.
Flooring guy says to me, "wait, let me check samples we have in store to see if we can find something better" (HUH? - thought you said you don't have that pattern in store!) Guy comes back and says no, something is wrong, all our samples look like one Pergo sent you. By this time a month has elapsed and I still don't have my flooring so I selected a different pattern at the store. Guy says he's ordered it (I'm there 3 hours waiting for him to complete transaction!) and flooring will be in by March 20th and installed following week (March 23rd).
March 23rd, no word from Lowes regarding delivery, install, anything at all, so I call store and am told my flooring has been there since March 17th and they have no idea why it hasn't been delivered. It is finally delivered March 26th (stacked in 7 - 4' high piles right inside my front door). I tell the guy I don't think that's a good place to leave it but he says he's only authorized to deliver to inside my door. Meanwhile I call the installation guy to verify installation is scheduled for March 29th.
Installer questions me about humidity and temperature conditions in room where laminate is to be installed then tells me he won't install that product because it isn't suitable for temperature/humidity conditions in my home, and recommends instead that I purchase ceramic tile. So both install guy and I make separate calls to Lowes telling them they need to come and get the laminate flooring that day. As luck would have it, my doorbell rang and when I went to answer the door, two of the 4' high piles fell over hitting me in the leg and resulting in a hematoma the size of a melon and excruciating pain. I immediately called the store manager (Mark) to report what had happened, and he told me to seek medical treatment and that he would be sure to have everything picked up the following day (27th).
Didn't happen and everything is still stacked inside my door, and to make matters worse (if possible!) install crew shows up early this morning because no one at Lowes had remembered to inform them job was cancelled. Crew calls their boss and he confirms that job was cancelled and he will call "Mark" to find out why stuff is still at my home and why his crew wasn't told about cancellation. I've also called "Mark" 4 times today to find out why this hasn't been picked up as promised, calls have not been returned. Time is now 4:00 pm and stuff is still here blocking my entryway and still on my Lowe's credit card (almost $3,000).
Seems fairly obvious, if you do business with Lowe's be prepared to experience delays, misinformation and all in all extremely substandard poor service (perfect example of adage: Left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing)...
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Lack of response
- Customer service received
- Wrong product delivered
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Armstrong Flooring
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
You May Also Like
- "Ordered 4 solid core doors, oak veneered, Lowes ordered from wholesaler American building supply, inc. lowes #2274, customer PO# 418754856 doors delivered to Lowes store, Parker, Colorado, unwrapped,..."
- "I purchased all new appliances from Lowes. They installed the fridge. We found out it was leaking. I called Lowes they ignored me then pushed me off to XPO which..."
- "Purchased a drill and impact driver Set from Lowe's. I purchased a replacement plan at the same time. 60 days after the purchase the drill broke. I..."
- "File several support tickets on the following dates 5/4/2016, 5/5/2016, 5/6/2016, 5/15/2016 for (1) outdoor camera that has water in it with poor visibility and now a new ticket for..."
- "I am a former employee of Target and know this person, she is a rotten person who lives to make herself larger than life off of other peoples problems. She..."
- "Whent to store#08788 the ladie at counter very rude doesnt want to be there rang my stuff up moaning givimg me dirty looks not very pleasent needs customer srv training..."
- "My girlfriend and I checked into the Comfort Inn in Mt. Airy, N.C., only to find bed bugs in the room. With nowhere else to go, we were put..."
- "dear rexall my cheif complaint is that i have been taking the sleep aide for about 2yrs n up til now the product was helping .but for the last week..."
- "I started with 30 boxes of the Tarkett coco berry flooring. I was to be covering approximately 500 square foot, upon opening I noticed a lot of..."