Augusta, Georgia
3.6
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I purchased a washer and dryer in November during a rebate promotion. I submitted the documents the very next day. Lowe's can plainly see in their own system that my purchase met all the requirements for the promotion, which was a $100 Lowe's gift card, which I was planning to use for my holiday shopping.

My rebate was denied, even though I met all the requirements and provided every last minutia of detail on everything I submitted them. Every time I contact them by phone (per their denial letter), I am sent through a looping robot call. I give up. Emails render no response. Calls are non-human and never result in anything. Everything is always "closed."

Do not get suckered by Lowe's mail in rebates. If it isn't at the register, then it isn't going to happen. It's a lie, and I have no idea how this company doesn't get pounded by government regulations.

It's wrong and my business will no longer ever be taken inside a single Lowe's store again. If they are willing to lose thousands of future dollars over a $100 gift card they promised me, then so be it.

This company has lost its way.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Rebate.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Lowes Pros: Home delivery, Selection of washer and dryer combos.

Lowes Cons: Failure to follow through on promised gift card, Making everything difficult about receiving gift card, Lying about a promotion, Awful customer service after the sale, Shady business practices.

• Lowes Bad SERVICE
  • Lowes Rebate
  • Lowes Rebate Not Honored
  • Lowes Lies
  • Lowes Does Not Honor Promotions

Comments

On 11/14/2018 we purchased a Samsung washer/dryer based upon a sign offering a $75 lowes store Gift card AND $200 rebate provided we bought the 4-piece bundle (washer/dryer/2 pedestals). Promo sign was very clear in its come-on and we paid for the "bundle".

The next day we submitted the rebate receipt. January 1, 2019 we still have nothing. A phone call to the rebate department yesterday confirmed their receipt of the rebate request and stated that a $75 gift card was approved and being processed. "Victor" stated that we did not qualify for the $200 rebate.

His English was so poor i really could not understand him. He said the advertisement of the rebates on the sign was meaningless.

Where I come this called "fraud in the inducement" and is illegal. I will follow up with a Consumer Protection agency.

@JMDonnelly

Agreed. It’s false advertisement and Lowe’s SHOULD be held accountable. They are a very dirty company with a happy little store front.