Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

2.5

Update by user Dec 23, 2020

Today I received the added email from Kimberly Brewer blaming me for installing and fixing my dishwasher.

Original review posted by user Dec 23, 2020

I purchased four new Appliances from Lowes, they delivered the dishwasher out of the box with damage to the front because it was the display model. The manager informed me that it was against Lowes company policy to sell floor models and they did not have the dishwasher we purchased.

He discounted the dishwasher and I installed it. Several months later I noticed my LVT lifting and I pulled the floor up to find water everywhere under my cabinets. I tried to contact Lowes but no one would respond so I found the damaged/defective part and replaced it. The damage to my subfloor, walls and cabinets is extensive and Lowes is blaming me for the issue and unwilling to help put my kitchen back together.

I am being forced to hire an attorney to resolve this issue. Awful customer service.

User's recommendation: Do not shop at Lowes.

Monetary Loss: $19000.

Preferred solution: Pay bid for contractor to repair my kitchen .

Lowes Pros: Location.

Lowes Cons: Awful customer service, Non responsive.

Location: 35425 Enchanted Parkway South, Federal Way, WA 98003

Comments

#1966158

What part was defective? A defective part would be the responsibility of the manufacturer, not the retail store.

Why didn't you contact the manufacturer to have the dishwasher repaired under warranty? Had you done that and the service technician found that it was actually a defective part you may have been able to file a claim with the manufacturer.

In doing the repair yourself and disposing of the part you don't have much proof of what the problem was. I really don't understand why people blame the retail stores when they have a problem with a product and not the manufacturer.

#1966307
@PissedConsumer1966158

GE WD15X22999 Dishwasher Water Inlet Valve was where the leak was coming from and replaced solving the issue. I appreciate your comment and we did reach out to the manufacturer they informed us that the model we received had been at Lowes for two years as a display model.

Because of Covid and a lack of response from Lowes we had to fix the problem ourselves. We ordered a new dishwasher and Lowes decided to send us a floor model because they has no dishwashers available to send us.

The dishwasher had visible damage in the front plate and the part that was damaged or defective was near the damaged area. We do not know if it had been damaged or if it was defective but we do know that Lowes made the choice to send us a floor model without our consent and that id the reason we feel they are responsible.

Lowes Reviews