Hillsboro, Oregon

Tried requesting a ball park quote for central A/C install but it appears to be impossible without someone coming to my place. What...? Sales person claimed it's the corporate rule but failed to provide any meaningful explanation.

This is particularly annoying because in the past I've had mostly good customer experience in Lowe's. Flooring department has no problem giving estimates... perhaps A/C crew needs to re-evaluate their stand.

Dear Lowe's. Newsflash! I don't need a precise number. I need a rough estimate based on which I can decide which company to invite for further assessment. So far you are the only ones who declined me a quote. Great job turning loyal customers away.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Estimate.

Comments

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States #959500

You can't ask a retail employee what a "ballpark" estimate on an HVAC install would be. Lowe's does have a qualified person who could give you an exact estimate for FREE if you are willing to wait a few days.

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, United States #946252

I am sure you were speaking to a person that does not handle any of the exterior sales, because the person that does handle the exterior sales (like A/C units) is not normally in the store. The PSE (project specialist exterior) must come by your house to give even a ballpark estimate (there is no cost anyway?).

I personally would not talk to anyone except for the PSE regarding an A/C install, because they are the most knowledgable. There are a select few installs that require a home visit before a quote is given, but it is necessary.