I never received my rebate. I purchased 2400.00 worth of items.

I was told at the time of purchase everything was eligible. I turned in my rebate before I left the parking lot via the internet. After a couple of months I called them. They said there was nothing on my receipt that was eligible.

i told them that wasn't true. They told me I had to resubmit everything, which I did within 2 days of my call. I called them again after a few weeks. They told me that my resubmission didn't make it into the system before the deadline.

I told them I mailed it right away. They said it could take 6 to 8 weeks to be processed and since it took so long the system kicked it out and there was nothing they could do.

I will not shop at Lowe's any longer. Sad, I spent a lot of money over the years there but since they are dishonest and greedy I will shop elsewhere.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Rebate.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Same problem!! Hate this type of scam.

You have to be careful with rebates. There is no flexibility in the process.

I would recommend buying any items in-store and not on the Internet. I would even go so far as to not use the self-checkout machines as sometimes I get more options when an employee checks me out. Finally, if possible don't open the items and send the rebate in right away. If you have problems getting the rebate then you have the options of taking the items back.

Some things such as customized paint might not be able to be returned and even off the shelf paint has a 30 day return period. The rebate process is very removed and impersonal. I do hate it, but it can make for some great deals. I can tell you I ordered some un-customized paint off the Lowe's website, but it wasn't processed until the next day so it was outside the rebate period.

The message from Lowe's rebate fulfillment center was "no qualifying items", which was not accurate. I took the items back.