Escondido, California

I have purchased items totaling thousands of dollars without any discounts, since I was a military veteran from Vietnam era without an ID. Most states have given us veterans the ability to go the their local DMV with necessary documents to have VETERAN PLACED ON THE DRIVER LICENSE and use it to show merchants for offered and used for everyday discounts and have been turned away and refused to be recognized as a veteran.

I have called Corp. and they will not change.

So..I will purchase elsewhere and tell other veterans this story. They can go to *** and I hope they feel that place since I have been there myself.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

Mike_mn

Thank you for your service.

Yes, Lowes has Military discounts. Have you research it and find out when it's valid?

Might be a good idea to save you from looking like a fool.... Part of the policy....

We honor all Veterans on three specific holidays: Memorial Day, 4th of July and Veterans Day. During these three holiday weekends, we extend the discount to all veterans who served honorably and who present a valid Form DD214 or other proof of service.

The Lowe’s Military Discount is extended to the Veteran community on these three holidays only.

Mike_mn

Thank you for your service.

here is an excerpt of the Military policy....

http://www.lowes.com/cd_In-Store+Services_745829091_#Military Discount

The Military Discount must be used on personal purchases only and cannot be used for Lowes.com purchases, previous sales, or the purchase of gift cards or services including product installations. It cannot be combined with the Lowe’s Price Guarantee, or promotions such as "Spend and Get," "New Mover," "Project Starter," "Your Choice," or discounts such as Quote Support Program (QSP) quotes.

You'd think a veteran would have better things to do than complain about not getting a discount in a retail store.

@Anonymous

Obviously you Are a veteran or may just a ***

*** is having to hear you entitled *** complain about not getting 60 cents off your caulk.