I bought an air conditioner and motor from you with proof that another store had the same one at a cheaper price. The department head was nice, authorized the discount, when I took it to the cashier, she was haughty, and refused to give me the 10%, After some argument, pointing out the sign on the wall, and the print on the receipt, I finally got it.

I this standard?, what gives? Is the policy just lip service? I appreciate the the discount, but I would like to get it without the hassle at the cashiers station.

Thank you for your attention.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Cashier.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 10, 2011.

Comments

Have you ever thought of asking to speak to the manager. A problem will often be fixed on the spot (and more then likely gotten you a deeper discount) and the manager would have known that the casheir was not holding to policie. Complaining on a forum will only vent anger but not fix the problem.

to comen sense #1357000

There is no managers. You have to phone Pakistani for satisfaction and 3 hours on hold and then they hang up on your sorry ***. Lols

I just realized my last comment was COMPLETELY REEETARDED.

Also in regards to Emily, Lowe's is the only one that actually matches the price and gives you 10% off that list price, whereas BestBuy and most other retailers only give 10% of the DIFFERENCE as the discount.

Contact the Federal Trade Commission and file a complaint about false advertising. Complaints can be filed online at www.ftc.gov. You won't get a response right away but the more people who file the better record they'll have to file charges.

I've found this little discount to be a sham. Lowe's and Best Buy both guarantee lowest prices and price matching, but I've found that to be the biggest hassle ever.

Lowe's went round and round with me and finally gave me 10%.

Best Buy flat out refused. I had proof of a lower price on a washer and dryer, and they told me they had never sold that washer and dryer for that low and never would.