i was using my military dischrage card to get a 10% discount off my purchases, i served in army for 8 years, this discharge paper was honored until i bought wallpaper for $358.90 dollars i was told i would have to get a photo id or prove that i served for 20 years or more in the service.

photo cards are taken from you when discharged. you only get a discharge

sertificate, they lied when they advertised any id to prove that you served in the military would be good enough to get the 10% discount.i will take my business elsware after this. i felt imbarristed when they told me this in front of other coustomers.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 08, 2011.

Comments

As a lowes employee I can explain this. We used to accept all forms of military i.d.

until too many people were abusing it. For example, you could use a legion card even though people who have nothing to do with military have them and were getting the 10 percent. They tried doing other things to prevent this such as manager approvals but it was still happening so now we only accept photo i.d. or proof of 20 years in the service and retired.

I know a veteran is a veteran but it's the way it is. We still accept the DD14 and certificates on veterans and memorial day. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I would blame the customers who ruined it for the rest of you. Not the store!

Prosp50 Thanks for your service. Please ignore that s tupid kid's remarks.

Which Lowes did this happen to you at?

Most of them are very patriotic, even to posting pics of military on there walls.

Did you talk to the manager?

Does your opinion matter to you so much that you have to run our military down for a ten percent discount just to state it?

#382045

This person rally makes me sick to my stomach. kids today don't know what sacrifice even means.

All they no is to shoot off there mouths. Military service should be mandatory like it is in other countrys and they would learn quick.

#382025

Im only going to say this once. GET A VETERANS ADMINISTRATION HEALTH ID CARD then you wont have this problem.

Yes, it has your picture on it when they issue it to you. Take your DD214 to the local VA hospital, go to ID office.

If this is too hard to do, to register for your health BENEFITS then you obviously dont need the 10% discount. Quit blaming everyone but yourself soldier.

#382003

S H U T U P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

#381954

First, thank you for your military service. There is no greater hero in America than the men and women willing to leave their homes and families to keep us free.

We are deeply grateful.

Second, I am sorry that you had a problem at Lowes woth their discount. I love Lowes and their employees. After Hurricane Katrina, they moved into town and sold us any and all building materials we needed to become whole again. Please contact their corporate offices.

I know they will help you. Lowes is the most patriotic of all American stores and they usually bend over backwards to help vets. I don't know who you ran into in the store where you shopped, but it was probably one of those draft dodgers that ran to Canada.

Please try again and see that the people who work at Lowes are usually the cream of the crop when it comes to workers who stand with our hero military veterans. Thanks.

#381944

Oh, mon dieu.

Rally? must be French.

#381935

If your grandfather served in Vietnam, how in the world do you know it's better now than it was then? You weren't there, so to use your own words, "shut up" you insolent little spoiled brat who doesn't have a clue of what serving during war time or anytime in the full time military means.

Just shut the heck up and join some branch of the armed forces, then write your smartalec comment about the plight of our military. That's all I can say that's fit to print - - - so, I'll just close instead of what I'd like to say to you ......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TO: Rally? Seriously, really?

You are tired of kissing the military's rear? Look who ever in the hail you are - you aren't decent enough to kiss their butts.

My uncle died in WWII and my friend died in Vietnam. My father served in Iwo Jima, my husband served in the Air Force in Vietnam serving three tours and my son served in the Navy for the Gulf War. I wouldn't want your nasty lips touching their a&&es because I'm afraid that they might catch whatever disease you suffer from. Without them, you would be living in a country that would have your head for your simpleminded ideas. How in the p iss do you suffer from our military geting a TEN PERCENT discount?

Put your head back up your a&& and leave it there. We all might be luck enough for you to get AIDS while it's up there and we won't have to listen to i diots like you anymore.

Oh, yeah, Merry Christmas I mean Merry Holiday. We have been beaten into submission long enough. No one wants to deal with anyone as i gnorant as you who begrudges our military a TEN PERCENT discount because they receive too much now anyway.

Really! R A L L Y? Get out of this country.

Lowe's will not match Home Depots coupons + 10%. The 20% off HD coupons are fake.

Stores have policies they need to adhere to, P. And people were taking advantage of it.

Are you some type crazy person Rally????? Why don't you sign up for the military and go risk you life to save someone like you.

Maybe you would feel different if one of your family members was killed trying to keep you and your family safe. I think you should do everyone a favor and move the he'll out of our country. Trust me people like you will not be missed.

To this man in the military.....call corporate at lows and they will give you back your money. They have already seen this message....I work in corporate

Are you guys serious. You claim $40. I get tired of people who claim that just because they were in the military that the rest of America should kiss their rear. My grandfather served in Vietnam pulling half people out of tanks. My two best freinds are marines, one of which got a mild concussion overseas. All three agree that just because you serve doesn't entitle you to everything. Too many people are forgetting that you voluntarily joining, not being forced to, and as such any discount, promotion, etc extended to you is simply an additional way of saving thanks.

Many discounts state RETIRED and DISABLED VETS. any store that grants it to anyone with papers is breaking their policy.

This really burns me because people in the military currently get so much more than they used to. A discount could have been warranted back when a military member got almost half what a civilian counterpart would have; however, now it is closer and many military members are given a whole lot.

Thanks to everyone who serves; however, serve humbly or shut up.

Also, go to us postal service web site. change of mail address will give you 10% for Lowes. Again Home Depot will honor that as well.

Lowes is in trouble and is shutting down stores. One in my hood not even open 2 years.

Lowes should honor Ace / HD coupons and beat it by 10%er their guarantee.

My vote goes for the Depot. Easy no hassle and they won't embaress you.

Poor PR. You won't ever go back will you? And for $40? Mulitply that for the next 25 years....and ad a Fe more who have served and can relate.

Home depot will honor any Lowes offer

Read the policy. RETIRED and DISABLED veterans are allowed the discount.

That is and always has been the policy. Recently Lowe's had been forced to crack down because too many prior service members were using tier discount on contractor sales.

Imagine a contractor saving $300 off of a $3000 order and giving the service member $150. Thank you for serving but not everyone deserves the discount.