Vernal, Utah

After buying a brand new home in 2013, we have spent at least $3,000,00 in our local store. Always getting a V.A.

discount. When we went there August 10,2014 they told us we can no longer qualify. Their discount is only for disabled or retired vets. This is B.S.!!

Tell me why the other vets that fought for our country are not good enough for a discount?! Secondly, if they were going to change their policy, they should inform people.

We would have waited and gone to Home Depot for our purchases. Don't know if we'll go there again, not just because of this, but we were treated quite rudely.

Comments

I SO AGREE WITH EVERYONES REPLY ON THIS I WORK AT LOWES POLICY IS POLICY BE HAPPY YOU CAN GET A DISCOUNT ! TRY GOING TO PULBIX OR YOUR AUTO STORE OR DMV AND ASK THEM FOR A DISCOUNT SEE WHAT THEY WOULD SAY LOL PLEASE !!!

The policy has been the same for years now, but recently started being enforced. The everyday discount is for active duty, retired, or disabled veterans.

On Memorial day, fourth of July, and Veteran's Day weekend, they open it up to ALL current and former military. It's been that way for years now.

I didn't enlist to get a discount when I got out. I don't feel entitled to a discount, though I'm appreciative to those who CHOOSE to give one because I CHOSE to serve.

Businesses are in business to make money. Just because I served my country doesn't mean I should be entitled to special treatment.

"I'd like to see anywhere in your enlistment or discharge papers that says you are entitled to a discount anywhere. Be thankful when you do get a discount.

Your entitled attitude is a disgrace to the good name of honorable veterans." Well said!

Oh and how exactly is Lowes suppose to tell people they changed their policy? Do you want them to make a commercial about it? Post it in the newspaper?

Inform the news? Seriously you were informed when you went to make the purchase......

I'd like to see anywhere in your enlistment or discharge papers that says you are entitled to a discount anywhere. Be thankful when you do get a discount. Your entitled attitude is a disgrace to the good name of honorable veterans.