Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi

For several years I have been pleased to shop at Lowes. I have been using the same debit card all of those years for both business and home purchases at multiple Lowes stores.

This time, Sally declined the discount because my debit card had a business name on it. I explained that I use my business account for both home and business purchases and only use the veterans discount for home purchases. She did not believe me, therefore labeling me, a decorated veteran, unscrupulous. I put it to her that I could easily withdraw cash from an ATM with my debit card and make the same purchase, thereby circumventing their policy.

She agreed to honor the discount if I did this. Whose the unscrupulous one?

Comments

Veterans complain more than anyone on here... You people are the most self entitled bunch I ever met...

"Oh poor me denied my 10% DISCOUNT! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE COMPANIES!

I JOINED THE MILITARY SO I WOULD GET MY 10% DISCOUNT!" Seriously, you should be embarrassed for taking the time to cry about this online. I asked a co-worker who is in the army and he says people like you are a disgrace to the people who are in the military.

I get tired of "decorated" veterans *** about not getting a discount. If what you served for was to get a discount I feel sorry for you.

Bull *** you probably didn't have a military ID