Lowes - Review about Whirlpool Water Heater from Alum Creek, West Virginia

495 of 2669 Lowes reviews

Purchased electric water heater on 10/29/15.Could not afford their contractor price to install.

Hired a relative. Reset button began tripping immediately. This went on for 2 weeks then breaker knocked and unable to get it to work. I went on vacation.

Relative attempted to locate problem, resulting in calling manufacturer. Prompt to remove heating element. Element VERY old, totally corroded, split full length, corrosion consumed inside of pipe. I contacted lowes, explaining old element had been replaced in my ( supposing my) new tank.

Lowes said I was to call Whirlpool, not their problem. Whirlpool reported def nothing they could have done. Reported on lowes Facebook page. Contacted by their rant and rave, reporting I would receive a call with allotted ant of time.

Received call, their ONLY solution is to bring tank back and they will replace. I explained I cannot do this. I have no more money or man power.

They sold me a tank that's either used, been altered from within their store or has been returned.Lowes should be more than willing to bring a new tank and install it.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Whirlpool Water Heater
Review category
Supermarkets and Malls
review #742029

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Lowes? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
495 of 2669 Lowes reviews

Aug 01, 2016 #1193092 Mountain View, California, United States

Not so! Just like you said somebody did something but they have no idea whether or not it could have been you! You did not have it service buy a company so in order to get another you must take the old one out and return it! Seems right and fair to me!

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.