Featured
Anette S Dmc

| map-marker Noblesville, Indiana

The worst Installation of new washer

Lowes - The worst Installation of new washer
Explore video interviews
Advertisements

I purchased a washer 3 months ago. All of a sudden the hose for cold water burst in back was Leaking as my daughter started a load of clothes.

I was lucky she was there to act and clean everything up. Later Lowes would not take responsibility that their crew who installed and attached hoses were at fault. It has been a huge battle and costumer service was completely cold and resentful.

I will never buy from Lowes again, and their 100% lack of fixing this problem will be something I will never forget. I will spread the words!!

Loss:
Pros:
  • Access to hardware store
Cons:
  • Very poor costumer service

Preferred solution: More than an apology. Have the CEO take care of costumer service and due to the lack of completion and fixing their very poor work of installation, Change and fix their costumer service!!

Guest

The CEO has a lot more important things to do than deal with people that don't understand that a hose that starts leaking 3 months after it was installed isn't an installation problem. Yes, Lowes provides initial installation but they do not offer routine plumbing services.

Since this was something that happened moths after the installation you would need to call a plumber or handyman to replace the hose if you didn't want to do it yourself.

If your house caught on fire you wouldn't call the builder and expect them to put out the fire, you'd call the fire department. Same thing here...call a plumber.

JOSHUA Svu

hi you can speak to Lowes Corporate People they might help you 810--215--****

Guest

Why is this post left at the top for so long? If it were an installation issue it wouldn't have taken 3 months to become a problem.

Guest

Sounds like the hose failed. If it were an installation problem it wouldn't have taken 3 months for a leak to occur. Your complaint should be with the manufacturer of the hose.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2284913

That's right. It happens more often than you can imagine.

It is the hose manufacturer, not the installer.

We had that happen twice in a new house (2 laundry rooms) and mess up the drywall , the floor , etc. To their credit, the builder / vendor made it all well again but it was a royal pain and strictly the fault of cheap hoses and high pressure.

View more comments (4)
roxana b Jmv

| map-marker Corpus Christi, Texas

Lowes has no customer service

I have been doing business with Lowes for 20 years, back when they were good. 4 months ago my 3 year old dryer went out.

I made an appointment with Assurant. There are only 2 providers for Corpus Christin, one in kingsville and one in San Antonio. The one in San Antonio only comes to corpus on wednesdays and only had an opening in 3 weeks. No communication with Assurant at all.

Then a part was ordered and then the part is no longer made.

Then it is. Finally I get it totalled and I order a new dryer. The day before the delivery date a month later I call and was told they never shipped it because they no longer make it. NO emails, no phone calls no nothing.

I took off work unpaid for this.

Now I am waiting for them to mail another gift card in 7 days so I can order another dyer.

The dryer that is discontinued is still on the website. I dont want anything more to do with Lowes but have to use the 1400.00 gift card only at lowes and only a gift card.

4 months without a dryer and they dont give a you know what.

User's recommendation: Do not ever buy from lowes. They dont care for you, just your money

Kimberly S Cfr

| map-marker Beaufort, South Carolina

Need a complete refund for a countertop that was misrepresented as being white not beige and it is broken! I need a full refund!

Lowes - Need a complete refund for a countertop that was misrepresented as being white not beige...
Lowes - Need a complete refund for a countertop that was misrepresented as being white... - Image 2
Lowes - Need a complete refund for a countertop that was misrepresented as being white... - Image 3
Lowes - Need a complete refund for a countertop that was misrepresented as being white... - Image 4

Who is the regional and district manager for store# 1521?

What other email address can I send my complaint to along with their name and title?

Begin forwarded message:

Thank you Ashley.

Good evening Kimberly,

I understand. I have directed your order to the refund department to process your refund.

They will reach out to you with more details.

Good afternoon Ashley,

I have purchased a different countertop from Lowes, it is completely paid for in full. I do need to cancel the Dekton countertop rather I have to eat the 20% cancellation fee or not. I need to move forward and finish my kitchen. The Dekton was badly represented by having white edges at the store as samples, and on line, but when the edges are polished, they turn beige.

When can I expect

Good morning Kimberly,

Angie from Lowes store 1521 reached out to IME to advise they will not be covering the cost associated with the cancellation. A 20% cancellation fee will be deducted from your balance if you wish to cancel your order following the installation. Fabricators have the right to address your concerns if you are unhappy with the outcome of your project. If you wish to move forward with this project, please let me know and we can contact the fabricator to address your concerns.

Ashley Cruz | Customer Solutions

Email: acruz@***.com

To: Ashley Cruz ; Rita Penor

Subject: Kimberly Skok/Warranty#3527****

Good morning Ashley,

Unfortunately I dont believe I have ever spoken with you regarding my situation.

I am remodeling my home in Beaufort.

The kitchen was completely taken out in December to make way for new floors, cabinets, countertops, sink, and appliances. I tried to order cabinets in December through Lowes; however, I could not get an appointment with Chris in the Beaufort store, so I elected to go to Home Depot. The cabinets arrived January 30 and incorrectly installed, not by their usual installer on February 5. January 30, I ordered a Kohler 30 farm sink from Lowes, an online product.

It was supposed to arrive in 3 working days, but it was 2 weeks late. The cabinet installers were unable to cut the template. The $1000 Kohler sink arrived broken! The regular cabinet installer came out to cut the template using the broken sink.

I had to purchase another sink online, so now I have $2000 out on sinks from Lowes. It arrived in a week, February 19. Lowes did send someone out to pick up the broken sink, as it weighs more than I do, at which point, I got a refund. The sink had to be in its place to measure for countertops.

Again I couldnt get an appointment with Chris. A young guy named Matt was able to help me in the cabinet department at Lowes, he was in training. I purchased the white marble looking Dekton from Matt on February 3, thinking the sink would be on-time and in keepable condition. I looked at the Dekton in the store, it was definitely white with gray, marble like streaks, no beige edges.

Matt and I looked at it online on his computer, all white, no showing of beige edges, nor mentioning of beige edges, even after reading about the product, no mention of beige edges. It looked beautiful and a good match. The new sink arrived February 19, Lowes came to measure for the Dekton countertops on February 21. Three months, still no kitchen due to mishaps that were out of my control.

Polly from Multistone sent me pictures, online, of the countertops, the top view only, they looked good and white.

March 3 the countertop installers came. The installers broke a chunk of the countertop off, in front of where the faucet is to go, very noticeable! They glued it back on, but still very noticeable and very beige in that area, due to buffing, I later found out. I also noticed all of the edges were very beige , not just a shadow from the sun.

I mentioned it to the installers, they had taken pictures and would report to Polly. I contacted Polly from Multistone immediately. She agreed the countertop would need replacing due to the break. I also said that the product was being misrepresented as being white with gray, marble like streaks only, no beige.

I told her it was white on the sample at Lowes, it was white online in the store at Lowes, it was white in the pictures she had sent me online. Polly spoke with her supervisor the owner, he told me the edges turn beige after buffing due to the ingredients used to make and pour the product. I told him about the misrepresentation and samples out at Lowes, he was disappointed. They are willing to work with Lowes to make this mistake right.

Polly has spoken with several people from Customer Solutions at Lowes.

I also went to Matt in the cabinet department at Lowes immediately. I told him about the break and the misrepresentation of the color having beige edges, as I only wanted white with marbling, reintegrated several times with him. The countertops would have to be replaced anyway and I wanted to return them. He said, unfortunately its not like returning a screw or something off the floor, I could return them through IME, Installations Made Easy, a separate Lowes department, and then he sympathized and apologized with me about the mishap.

He then printed off all the information I may need, including the phone number, to return the countertops and reclaim my nearly $5000. I started calling IME directly after getting the phone number. IME gave me the directions number to Customer Solutions with Lowes. Somewhere down the line after the many calls and documentation of conversions, and along with pictures emailed to Madeleine, I was told that you, Ashley is handling my case, that person on the phone gave me your extension.

I dont believe I have ever spoken with you, you were always out. Kindly enough Rita has helped tremendously and forwarded the pictures to the supervisor and let him know what was going on with this situation that desperately needs to be resolved ASAP. I think I called four times yesterday, March 29, and a lady said the case is still pending and that they would have to hear directly from the sales guy, Matt, that he said the countertops could be returned. It was 4PM very difficult getting anyone on the phone, I did reach Matt.

He said he would be glad to call, but would also have to speak with his supervisor, he would call me back. I drove to Lowes knowing they probably would go home at 5. Matt is usually friendly and outgoing, he was extremely cowtailed! Chris was present, as well as, Nick, the acting store manager, I was told they could no longer discuss this issue with me.

They were all hush mouth, I looked at Matt and said you look as though you were beat with a bull whip? Chris chimed in and said he trained Matt and he spoke with him personally, he would not have said I could return the countertops, and then Chris told me Matt did not say I could make the return. Chris was not present during the times I had spoken with Matt nor during my purchases with Matt, and certainly not Nick, the acting store manager. They then said they had spoken with Customer Solutions and I would have to go through them.

I remained sitting and called on speaker phone. I reached Rita, whom kindly enough, again let me know what was going on, and would reiterate in an email.

Back to the time line, which is important to follow. March 11, I went to Lowes to let Matt know how the lack of progress was going on returning the faulty countertops. He was going to ask someone if I could take another route for a faster return, I said no, Im sure its going to happen any day.

I still needed countertops even though I had money out for the Dekton. We walked around and I picked, along with Matt verifying the whitest quartz that Lowes had on sample display. I stayed with Lowes because I thought maybe we could just apply my money owed and it would be smoother and easier. The subtotal for the quartz is $6228, a Lowes brand, more expensive than the Dekton, but a natural product that is colored the same throughout and doesnt change once buffed.

March 25, Sage Surfaces came and measured, oddly enough, the guy mentioned the bad noticeable break and unsightly edges on the Dekton, and continued to tell me more about the product and the coloration.

March 28, HD made good on their mistake 100% plus. The cabinets were hung 2 too high, so the original crown didnt fit. The baseboard was off the floor and 2 x 4s and shims showed, incorrect spacers, cabinets hung too far over to match the one opposite the stove vent. They fixed everything and even apologized, instead of avoiding and pretending a mistake was made!

Now into the 4th month of not having a usable kitchen!

I have spent the majority of money for the remodeling of my home at Lowes, thousands. Nick, the acting store manager, only said thanks for shopping at Lowes. Where is the customer service??? I need a full refund for the Dekton countertop, including the restocking fee, it cannot be resold, it is broken!

I was told it could be returned, but Matt, who was new at this job and in training, for fear of loosing his job, he will no longer speak out.

I, as an understanding person, as a Customer is the reason Lowes is in business, Get it done right. I need my money ASAP like Lowes did when I made the purchase.

Please Ashley, let me know what is going on in this case, dont leave me guessing and having to call and speak to various other people.

Attached are the pictures I sent to Madeleine.

Loss:
Pros:
  • It is close to where i live
  • Military discount
  • Friendly clerks
Cons:
  • No customer service skills when there is a problem
  • Buyer beware
  • Poor management response to my issue

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Ask a manager about refunds upfront on large items. Beware! Shop Home Depot.

Guest

There are different shades of white. Even the doors on your cabinets look different than the side of the cabinet.

What is broken? The picture of the faucet hole shows what appears to be a seam which will occur in an long piece of countertop and the placed it at the sink which will only have a small area of the seam showing and is a proper place to put it.

Featured
raChelle K Mxu

| map-marker Albuquerque, New Mexico

Damaged Product and Lowes did nothing

Damaged Product and Lowes did nothing
Damaged Product and Lowes did nothing - Image 2
Damaged Product and Lowes did nothing - Image 3
Damaged Product and Lowes did nothing - Image 4

I placed an order in January. Finally, received a call that the brand new stackable washer/dryer would be delivered last week in the morning.

The drivers showed up at 5:30p and dropped the unit when wheeling it down my driveway. It was still in the box when they left. I had hired a couple of guys to be at the house to hook up, but they left when the delivery hadn't shown up by 4p. They also didn't deliver all the accessories and told me I would need to go to Lowes and pick them up myself.

I did and complained to the manager about the delivery time, the drop, and having to go to the store and pick up what they didn't deliver. The manager blew me off and said they were busy. The guys I hired last week came out today and unpacked the unit where it was left by the delivery guys, and there are multiple damages to the unit.

I called Customer service and was told that the return policy is only 48 hours. I'm disabled, so I'm screwed!

Loss:
Pros:
  • Convenient location

Preferred solution: A comparable replacement because I don't know if there are any internal damages

User's recommendation: DO NOT PURCHASE FROM LOWES

Guest

I am dealing with corporate about a delivery that was promised on 9/2/2023. Day four no delivery.

Store was absolutely fantastic but the delivery company has been and is unprofessional, demeaning and doesn't care.

I have 200.00 of spoiled food because this company can't delivery a refrigerator when promised. Corporate is irate and trying to make this right.

Guest

Individual Store Managers differ considerably at Lowes ……..woodstock ,Va mgr is Superb! Fight Back !

Enlist Friends ,Don’t Give Up ! We hear you loud and Clear !

Listen up Lowes ,we are watching you ! Clean up your sliding service starting at Corporate !

Guest

You need to call the Better Business Bureau they will definitely help u or call ur senator !! That's bull

Linda L Yoy

I wouldn't have taken the unit. I would've told them to return it and bring me a new one.

I would've called Lowe's right then and there. Never take something that's been dropped or ripped open.

You accepted it and have no proof that it was dropped .... SMH

Naksh Tkv

I purchased an (almost) $1000.00 dishwasher from Lowe's a little before the holidays began in 2022. Two weeks went by and I still had not heard one peep from anyone at the store or elsewhere.

After the first week, I went to the store and spoke to the salesman who was very kind and made a call for me. He said someone would call me once the appliance was delivered to the store from the distribution center. After that 2nd week, still no call or anything, so I got my receipt in hand and kindly asked for a refund which I got with no questions asked, but it would have been nice if a manager or other store employee would have come to see if they could help me or keep my business but that did not happen. I have always preferred Lowe's over Home Depot for several reasons, but now I seldom shop there.

I was told someone else had similar issues with the same store.

Assuming the volume of sales/deliveries for both stores, I don't sympathize with either, or any other store/outlet. If they have that much sales, etc; they can certainly afford the manpower to accommodate the demand.

reply icon Replying to comment of Naksh Tkv

Unfortunately with todays supply chain problems the store is at the mercy of the manufacturer. Even before the current problems manufacturers weren't very good about communicating delivery delays.

Appliances would be backordered week after week and the appliance manufacturers would basically say it will get there when it gets there. 2 of the largest manufacturers are in Korea so you not only have manufacturing delays but shipping from Korea to their US warehouse and then from that warehouse to the store.Lowes told you they would call when it got to the store, since it still hadn't arrived they didn't call.

Guest

Lowe's is a joke!!! We bought a new front door and side light, paid to have it painted and installed, 3 yrs later everything is bubbling up and peeling off, I called manufacturer, they said was installed wrong!

Lowe's and their contractors won't fix the door!

I'm out 2,000. Will never step foot in a Lowe's again!!

Macallan Bxz

The Lowes store appliance employees were helpful professional and guided me through my appliance purchase. The delivery condition of appliances was horrible.

All of the boxes appeared to be in pristine condition but as the delivery drivers unpacked my appliances from the boxes the stackable washer and dryer had a huge dent all the way down the side of it the replacement stackable washer and dryer head bullet holes On the front. The dishwasher was completely wrecked and damaged as if a forklift had gone through the whole dishwasher it was completely in operable. Refrigerator had a huge dent in the front of it the replacement had a small dent. The store employees in the store manager were helpful and getting replacements.

At the replacements are hit or miss. I’m not sure how damaged appliances get into boxes that showed no damage at all they have to be packaged damaged. Like the bullet holes in my stackable washer and dryer the box did not show any bullet holes in it we even checked the drivers check to make sure that his truck didn’t have bullet holes in it not appliance must’ve come from some men warehouse and was packaged into a box that had no holes in it. This huge logistical delivery service that Lowes contracts to is either receiving damaged goods packaged in pristine boxes from the different appliance companies or They purchase seconds and deliver them as pristine.

The delivery drivers try really hard to dump the appliances in your home and leave and tell you to call the number at store. It took three months to get my appliances straightened out Which included keeping a brand new beautiful stainless steel refrigerator with a dent in the front of it and cost much more in time and missed work negating any savings from appliance purchase. The store employees were so nice during the purchasing process. This contracting company that Lowes uses is unacceptable.

Lowes should send inspection team to contractor warehouses and check inside box of every appliance.

And establish if those appliances are arriving damaged or if they’re being re-packaged as damaged or maybe it’s just a big scam I don’t know. Many people experiencing same problems is red flag.

Guest

We bought a washer from Lowe's last year. Worst washer.

Terrible service. Had to go back to the store in White Lake Michigan 3 more times.

They had no one to repair it so they were forced to take it back. Bad deal

Guest

these types of problems are more common than you would think. I have had more than my share of problems with Lowes.

I always remedy my issues with Lowes home office customer relations dept.

They will get you a satisfactory resolution. Try It.

View more comments (43)
Esther T Lst

| map-marker New Orleans, Louisiana

Re: discount that I was to receive

Lowes - Re: discount that I was to receive
Lowes - Re: discount that I was to receive - Image 2

I purchased a refrigerator and stove from Lowes that was to be delivered on April 13. The order arrived with only the refrigerator.

I inquired about the stove and was told by the deliver guys that it may be on another truck. I then ask if they would put one order on separate trucks. I waited until the end of my window which was 8pm for the stove. I contacted Lowes the following morning to inquire about the stove.

I was told that it was put in as a carry on. I didnt take the stove with me when I left the store. But, was told that I would need to return to the store to speak with a manager. I went back to the store to rectify the issue.

The refrigerator that was deliver was also making a loud noise. In which I recorded and let the manager hear the sound. I had to reschedule a new delivery date and exchange the refrigerator because there was a problem with it. The earliest delivery date that I could receive was Thursday April 18.

I was actually on Spring Break this week and this interfered with my entire week leaving me unable to go out of town. I also explained that Id recently had surgery and already had to unload the freezer once due to bad weather in our area and the power going out. When the power came back on the refrigerator I had all the lights were on but it would cool. Therefore causing me to have to get another refrigerator.

Now I have to go back and unload the contents again. Thats double work. Needless to say the first delivery guys broke my flower pot. I just told them not to worry about it.

The second delivery guys were very professional and patient taking their time to assure that everything was in order. This has turn into a week long dilemma. Then I was sold the wrong range cord. I had to return it.

I was given a 10% discount. But, I feel that Lowes could have done a little bit better than that.After receiving the range it was making a ticking sound.

I am waiting for the new delivery date to exchange the range. Then on top of that Lowes had the nerves to skip my written complaint.

John M Fxk

Verified Reviewer

A change in a price of paint not honored

Lowes - A change in a price of paint not honored
Lowes - A change in a price of paint not honored - Image 2
Lowes - A change in a price of paint not honored - Image 3
Lowes - A change in a price of paint not honored - Image 4

Dear Sir,

On Sunday March 10, I was in a Lowes store located in Turnersville NJ when I observed a 5 gallon can of paint located in the area of the store where paint that was reduced in price would be sold. The paint would normally sell for the reduced price of $50.00 but this lid had the $50.00 price with the zeros having a slash down the center giving the impression that it was selling for $5.00 (not the $50.00).

I brought the plastic 5 gallon paint to the register and they refused to sell me the paint for the $50.00 insisting that that was the sale price disagreeing that the price displayed a figure of $5.00. When I walked back to the original area of where the paint was purchased from with the manager, I was advised that this price was correct and the list shows that the 5 gallon paint paint sells for $50.00. I advised him that there were other cans on the shelf that made that argument not consistent with the other 5 gallon paint had paint properly listed as $50. With no other zeros and another 1 gallon paint can of paint which is listed for $15 on the list but had $10 written on the lid ( which I purchased ) I advised the manager the inconsistency of his argument that the price on the list was the same as the price on the cans of paint.

In short he would not honor the $5.

price.

I am requesting a $45 credit as the pictures of the cans will show that it was written in a way that it was selling for $5 and not the $50.00 with the zeros crossed out .

I am going to try and attach all photos of this paint along with the other $50.00 paint Wittenberg as $50.

Please advise me of your receipt of this message so I will be able to forward the photos. Thank you.

John Micklewright

Loss:
Pros:
  • Quality inventory
  • Clean store

Preferred solution: Price reduction

Guest

You didn't loose anything. Whoever wrote the pice on the can is use to making the zeros with a slash through them to differentiate from the letter O. Not something you see every day but if they were changing the price from $50.00 to $5.00 the whole price would have been x'd out and then the new price written.

Pamela W Pnm

| map-marker Sunshine Coast, Queensland

Not honoring the price of the slot that a reign was in.

Lowes - Not honoring the price of the slot that a reign was in.
I was going to purchase a 5x7 area rug and got to the checkout and it rang up as $179. They called someone up there and I took her back and there were 2 others in the same slot with the same price and it was not my mistake but the Manager wouldnt honor the pricing when it was there fault. As a consumer we look at what it is and how much not matching the sku numbers.. most Reputable Companies would have corrected this issue and Sold it to me at the price that I saw which was $64.98. Bad Customer Relations. Going to continue my shopping at Home Depot!

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Make sure that your employees do their job correctly and start taking care of the customers or you won’t have any.

Guest

stores have the right to charge the correct price for an item Yes, an employee may have put the product in the wrong spot or it is also possible for a customer to move products to try and take advantage of a store.

candycane A

Verified Reviewer

Will not complete flooring project

Lowes - Will not complete flooring project

In February 2024, I received the measurements, a quote for tile then made my payment. Lowes delivered the wrong materials, they had pickup the incorrect tile and start packing the correct tile.

In the meantime Service Pro arrived, however they noticed a slope on the floor. They called their manager that stated until I have foundation leveled they could not do the job. As many people coming into my home no one notice it. Lowes still tried to deliver the tile when Service Pro decided not to do the job.

I had to make numerous calls for them to pickup the mortar and grout which was incorrect also.

March 5, 2024, I decided to install carpet in the den. In getting the quote, I asked if there were any discount and was told there was a 10% discount on the carpet.if I had not asked, I would not have known. The closer we got to quote and payment, I was told the 10% discount off carpet is in the form of a gift card. I think all the information should be provided for the customer to make an informed decision.

From March 8 til now, I have tried to pay for the carpet and I was cold transferred all over the stores and department.

Finally, spoke to representative that stated do not touch ECR and she says they could not take a payment. I went from Flooring, on hold 15 minutes then disconnected. I called back then transferred to Appliances to another representative.

I left voicemail messages to Sales and Executive Office numerous times without a response. Executive Office do not take ownership of the issue even though I have sign contract.

Cons:
  • Do not present all the information on their discount

Preferred solution: I want Lowes to complete the flooring project

User's recommendation: Make sure you ask about project survey and how their discount on flooring work.

map-marker Modesto, California

I purchased an $80 floor fan from Lowe’s.

Lowes - I purchased an $80 floor fan from Lowe’s.
The fan I purchased on March 16th. Quit working last night. I contacted Lowes. The lady I spoke with couldnt find the receipt online. I miss placed mine. Even though I purchased the fan on my Lowes credit card. For that reason she said nothing she could do. We are just out of luck!

User's recommendation: Save receipts. Buy protection plans

Guest

In the future staple the receipt for a product to the instruction booklet and file it away. Keep it for at least as long as the warranty lasts. It isn't the responsibility of a store to keep track of your purchases.

Robert D Izd

| map-marker Madison, Mississippi

Recent issues with appliance purchases that have been less than satisfying.

Lowes - Recent issues with appliance purchases that have been less than satisfying. - Image 2
Lowes - Recent issues with appliance purchases that have been less than satisfying. - Image 3
Lowes - Recent issues with appliance purchases that have been less than satisfying. - Image 4
Lowes - Recent issues with appliance purchases that have been less than satisfying. - Image 5

Early in August 2023 we purchased Samsung laundry appliances and a new Samsung Bespoke refrigerator along with extended warranty protection for all appliances purchased. Appliances were delivered as promised, however the delivery and setup crew were very rushed, so we signed off on the delivery before doing a thorough inspection.

As we began to set up our refrigerator, we found that packing materials were not all removed from the interior. It was noticed that the shelving would not properly align due to distortion of the inner shell of the refrigerator. Although not a condition we found acceptable, we relocated shelves and no longer have the right and left side aligned, so this distortion problem is not as evident. The clear plastic cover for the water filter was broken in such a way that it appeared to have a bite out of it.

Upon contacting Samsung on the day of delivery, we were told that this problem was not theirs and needed to be handled by the store we purchased from. Samsung will not get involved until 30 days after purchase. Several conversations with store personnel yielded the following: We can pick up your refrigerator, but will not refund your purchase price. You need to purchase a new refrigerator for future delivery, and we will determine if the first unit returned will result in a refund.

Sorry, but this was not acceptable, so we were back to waiting to contact Samsung once the 30 days since purchase had passed. In the meantime, we discovered that the pivoting door seal between the French doors of the refrigerator only closed 50% of the time, so we needed to be diligent in checking this each time we opened a refrigerator door. The 30 days wait to call Samsung included a video chat that allowed the service department to see the broken water filter cover as well as the activation mechanism for the door seal. Regarding the broken cover, it was stated that this is not a Samsung problem, so we should contact their parts department and purchase a replacement.

The door seal problem was identified as improper door alignment that should have been adjusted during installation.

The suggested solution was to hire the Samsung certified service and installation company in our locale and pay out of pocket for this substandard appliance quality. It was mentioned that Lowes is not a Samsung certified installation and setup provider.

This is an ongoing issue that will consume all of my free time as I continue to broadcast the saga of poor-quality products and service for both Lowes and Samsung appliances.

We also realized that spending hundreds of dollars on extended warranties will not provide resolution of problems until the manufacturer's warranty has ended.

This experience is one where finger pointing between manufacturer and delivering store insulates both parties from taking responsibility for customer satisfaction.

As a positive note, we have been very happy with the quality and operation of our Samsung laundry appliances.

Pros:
  • Convenient location
Cons:
  • No support for customers when purchase is not as expected

Preferred solution: Provide a replacement unit or have the current unit repaired

User's recommendation: Always do a thorough inspection of appliances when they are delivered and set up. Purchase your appliances from a reputable firm that employs their own service department. Always check reviews on appliances as well as providers.

Glenn D Tks

Verified Reviewer

Help prevent others from going through what we went through. Hopefully sending a message to Lowes to reconsider their customer handling.

My wife and I recently had our flooring installed in our home by Lowes.

The install was done poorly / incorrectly and the installers didn't speak our language. We had to call Lowes installation while the installers were installing the flooring regarding the transition strips since we never received the transfer strips that we had paid for.

We eventually found out what had happened when we drove out to the local store after the installation to locate them.

Our salesman found them in the back room. Evidently, they neglected to deliver it to our home for the initial install date.

The installers installed the wood flooring and carpet without the strips. After the installers left that day we noticed the issues listed below.

We attempted several times to reach out to the installers and Lowes to try and resolve the issue. They never sent anyone out to survey the issue.

I offered / did send pictures to the Store and the installers.

Regardless the job is still incomplete, and we're now told that we need to move the furniture yet again even though this was all caused by Lowes. We refuse to do that! We demanded that Lowes resolve this issue and assume any costs that may be needed to resolve this issue... even if it requires Lowes to contract out someone else to move the furniture for the installers.

We also wanted Lowes to make ALL the necessary calls, surveys, scheduling, setup, etc. from this point on. Again, this was the fault of Lowes!

My wife and I are completely frustrated and worn out by all the phone calls, emails and visits to Lowes!

We are completely dissatisfied with the installation and customer service!!!

1) The Carpet seam is showing / has frays, and the carpet doesn't seem to be stretched out properly. (i.e.

it has loose buckling areas).

We don't believe they had the proper equipment to perform this particular installation.

2) The wood flooring has gaps, exaggerated jagged edges and the threshold part of the flooring pieces are not wide enough and will easily snap.

We supplied them with some of the pictures, some of the correspondence, and the names of some of the people that have been involved to help them resolve this issue and give them a small taste of what we were dealing with.

Nevertheless, they put us right back to the same people we were dealing with to continue this vicious cycle again... still unresolved!

Preferred solution: Partial refund or complete repair at their cost for all necessary work to be done to complete the job.

User's recommendation: Don't use Lowes for installation services

| map-marker Beaverton, Oregon

Lowe’s customer service and refund polixy

Lowes - Lowe’s customer service and refund polixy
Lowes - Lowe’s customer service and refund polixy - Image 2

Yes mines 2 problems Ive been redoing my home and have more than 10000 in reciepts from products Ive purchased at Lowes and every time we go in to get something its overly obvious the employees think were there to steal and I dont understand it Ive never stored a thing for any store that Lowes and I go through register and every single time spending more than $10,000 and its to the point where I dont wanna go back in there I hate going in there I feel like I am being targeted and discriminated against badly. Its very bad so then fast forward I had to bring back a $75 back to my had purchased because it didnt work and they were horrible to me about it and would not take it back because it was 31 days, I couldnt come in any sooner because I had been very sick but they refused to listen to me, and they refused to take this sweeper, and proceeded to tell me Im just out my money.

I dont know what to tell you after I spent all that money at your store after went through all that crap just to get the stuff from your stores and believe me, Ill drive to Columbus to go anywhere. Ill drive wherever I have to avoid your stores if I have to if something is not done about this and I have a lot more money to spend there. Employees need some real customer service training and I think after all the money I spent with you, you couldve made an exception for a day 30 day warranty on a vacuum is all youve given and then you wont give them money back.

If you somethings wrong with it I can understand bringing it back for I didnt want it or something but it was not working. The battery wouldnt stay charged.

User's recommendation: Just choose a different store. It’s too much crap to go through to go to Lowe’s anymore and they’re very judgmental. I’m just putting on that *** consumer about the low stuff yesterday. Where are you at? Where is that sweeper man Mr. Mr. man house to take a picture Jesus Christ.

Guest

The 30 days is not a warranty, it is the window that you can return things to the store. Pull out the paperwork for the vacuum along with your receipt and follow the instructions for getting warranty service on the vacuum provided by the manufacturer.

Guest

There should be a warranty on the sweeper. There should be a phone number to call on the paperwork that came with the sweeper.

View more comments (1)
Jeff C Jwk

Verified Reviewer

Can’t find replacement motor for bathroom exhaust fan

Lowes - Can’t find replacement motor for bathroom exhaust fan
Lowes - Can’t find replacement motor for bathroom exhaust fan - Image 2
Lowes - Can’t find replacement motor for bathroom exhaust fan - Image 3
Lowes - Can’t find replacement motor for bathroom exhaust fan - Image 4
I have a harbor breeze bathroom exhaust fan that the motor has gone bad on. Fan mod. 80200. No one from Lowes can identify this fan or the motor. I am willing to buy completely new fan if it will fit in ceiling hole that I currently have. Can you help? The whole situation is starting to stink!

Preferred solution: Info on fan motor or replacement fan

Yuri Uyj

| map-marker Douglasville, Georgia

Extended warranty on clothes dryer

I purchased an extended warranty on my Maytag clothes dryer. I was told it would begin the first day after the store warranty ended but Lowes says it runs along with the store warranty!

That makes no sense, why would I spend $$ to buy a warranty that would run with the store warranty??!

I've spent most of the afternoon speaking to Customer service," that is no customer service, 4 rude and condescending people". I will no longer be a customer. I have it in writing on my paperwork the warranty begins on the next day after the store warranty ends but they will not honor it!

So, our 40 year loyalty to Lowes ends now!

I have all of my paperwork from the sale but I will NOT share it online. If anyone from Lowes cares enough to contact me I'll be more than happy to show it to them.

User's recommendation: Don't buy an extended service warranty from Lowes!

Guest

You could also share it with a small claims court as well.

Shawn C Bxa

Mower purchase gone to ***

Purchased a mower online and scheduled a delivery. Had to have someone sign for it as I was at work. The mower has seat bolts missing and the factory documention is also missing. Called the store and am being told I have to rearrange my schedule so someone can come pick it up, take it back to the store and then I have to arrange my schedule again so a different one can be delivered. What in the *** kind of garbage is this. I spend $4000.00 on a mower then I have to screw up my work schedule because no one inspected the mower before they delivered it?

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Don’t use big box stores as I had the same issue at Home Depot

Lindsay C Kvd
map-marker Władysławowo, Pomerania

I hate customer service that uses Chat

I remember that when I signed up for a credit card, they offered me a free flower for Mother's Day. A week later, I couldn't remember the details, it wasn't on Lowe's app. So I called Customer Service, got into chat, and he responded with one sentence every 10 minutes. I gave up. He definitely needs to find a new job.
Pros:
  • Good locations
Cons:
  • Terrible customer service

User's recommendation: Get voice when dealing with Customer Service

Anthony P Rqj

Lowe's is terrible

I have kobalt item that supposedly has life time warranty. I don't have the receipt when to Lowe's they refused to do anything this is *** I even gave original packaging that says hassle free return. I was so pissed and embarrassed they treated like a thief saying how do we know where you got it. I've been a pretty loyal customer but after this I will no longer be shopping at Lowe's. Why buy kobalt or craftsman if the store will not accept returns on them. I'm done with Lowe's.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Will not honor their lifetime warranty on tools

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Don't buy kobalt or craftsman

Blessyn Oea

same way at lowes in aiken sc

Guest

There is a lifetime warranty for the original purchaser of the tool. Seems like you are going to need a receipt to prove you bought the tool from them.

You seem to have been able to save the package but not the receipt???

Why didn't you just staple or tape the receipt to the package? Would have saved a lot of problems.

View more comments (1)

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article