Dennys Avr

| map-marker New York, New York

Won't exchange a product with receipt

Bought a wheelbarrow July 2

Discovered it moves lopsided when in use.

Tried to exchange it and was No because it was used...had had dirt in it. Isn't that what it is for? Then told need an RA whatever that is.

Because more than 24 hours.

Yea,they were closed for the dam holiday.

User's recommendation: Do not buy cheap made crap from Lowe's

Kimberly S Cfr

| map-marker Beaufort, South Carolina

Need a complete refund for a countertop that was misrepresented as being white not beige and it is broken! I need a full refund!

Lowes - Need a complete refund for a countertop that was misrepresented as being white...

Who is the regional and district manager for store# 1521?

What other email address can I send my complaint to along with their name and title?

Begin forwarded message:

Thank you Ashley.

Good evening Kimberly,

I understand. I have directed your order to the refund department to process your refund.

They will reach out to you with more details.

Good afternoon Ashley,

I have purchased a different countertop from Lowes, it is completely paid for in full. I do need to cancel the Dekton countertop rather I have to eat the 20% cancellation fee or not. I need to move forward and finish my kitchen. The Dekton was badly represented by having white edges at the store as samples, and on line, but when the edges are polished, they turn beige.

When can I expect

Good morning Kimberly,

Angie from Lowes store 1521 reached out to IME to advise they will not be covering the cost associated with the cancellation. A 20% cancellation fee will be deducted from your balance if you wish to cancel your order following the installation. Fabricators have the right to address your concerns if you are unhappy with the outcome of your project. If you wish to move forward with this project, please let me know and we can contact the fabricator to address your concerns.

Ashley Cruz | Customer Solutions

Email: acruz@***.com

To: Ashley Cruz ; Rita Penor

Subject: Kimberly Skok/Warranty#3527****

Good morning Ashley,

Unfortunately I dont believe I have ever spoken with you regarding my situation.

I am remodeling my home in Beaufort.

The kitchen was completely taken out in December to make way for new floors, cabinets, countertops, sink, and appliances. I tried to order cabinets in December through Lowes; however, I could not get an appointment with Chris in the Beaufort store, so I elected to go to Home Depot. The cabinets arrived January 30 and incorrectly installed, not by their usual installer on February 5. January 30, I ordered a Kohler 30 farm sink from Lowes, an online product.

It was supposed to arrive in 3 working days, but it was 2 weeks late. The cabinet installers were unable to cut the template. The $1000 Kohler sink arrived broken! The regular cabinet installer came out to cut the template using the broken sink.

I had to purchase another sink online, so now I have $2000 out on sinks from Lowes. It arrived in a week, February 19. Lowes did send someone out to pick up the broken sink, as it weighs more than I do, at which point, I got a refund. The sink had to be in its place to measure for countertops.

Again I couldnt get an appointment with Chris. A young guy named Matt was able to help me in the cabinet department at Lowes, he was in training. I purchased the white marble looking Dekton from Matt on February 3, thinking the sink would be on-time and in keepable condition. I looked at the Dekton in the store, it was definitely white with gray, marble like streaks, no beige edges.

Matt and I looked at it online on his computer, all white, no showing of beige edges, nor mentioning of beige edges, even after reading about the product, no mention of beige edges. It looked beautiful and a good match. The new sink arrived February 19, Lowes came to measure for the Dekton countertops on February 21. Three months, still no kitchen due to mishaps that were out of my control.

Polly from Multistone sent me pictures, online, of the countertops, the top view only, they looked good and white.

March 3 the countertop installers came. The installers broke a chunk of the countertop off, in front of where the faucet is to go, very noticeable! They glued it back on, but still very noticeable and very beige in that area, due to buffing, I later found out. I also noticed all of the edges were very beige , not just a shadow from the sun.

I mentioned it to the installers, they had taken pictures and would report to Polly. I contacted Polly from Multistone immediately. She agreed the countertop would need replacing due to the break. I also said that the product was being misrepresented as being white with gray, marble like streaks only, no beige.

I told her it was white on the sample at Lowes, it was white online in the store at Lowes, it was white in the pictures she had sent me online. Polly spoke with her supervisor the owner, he told me the edges turn beige after buffing due to the ingredients used to make and pour the product. I told him about the misrepresentation and samples out at Lowes, he was disappointed. They are willing to work with Lowes to make this mistake right.

Polly has spoken with several people from Customer Solutions at Lowes.

I also went to Matt in the cabinet department at Lowes immediately. I told him about the break and the misrepresentation of the color having beige edges, as I only wanted white with marbling, reintegrated several times with him. The countertops would have to be replaced anyway and I wanted to return them. He said, unfortunately its not like returning a screw or something off the floor, I could return them through IME, Installations Made Easy, a separate Lowes department, and then he sympathized and apologized with me about the mishap.

He then printed off all the information I may need, including the phone number, to return the countertops and reclaim my nearly $5000. I started calling IME directly after getting the phone number. IME gave me the directions number to Customer Solutions with Lowes. Somewhere down the line after the many calls and documentation of conversions, and along with pictures emailed to Madeleine, I was told that you, Ashley is handling my case, that person on the phone gave me your extension.

I dont believe I have ever spoken with you, you were always out. Kindly enough Rita has helped tremendously and forwarded the pictures to the supervisor and let him know what was going on with this situation that desperately needs to be resolved ASAP. I think I called four times yesterday, March 29, and a lady said the case is still pending and that they would have to hear directly from the sales guy, Matt, that he said the countertops could be returned. It was 4PM very difficult getting anyone on the phone, I did reach Matt.

He said he would be glad to call, but would also have to speak with his supervisor, he would call me back. I drove to Lowes knowing they probably would go home at 5. Matt is usually friendly and outgoing, he was extremely cowtailed! Chris was present, as well as, Nick, the acting store manager, I was told they could no longer discuss this issue with me.

They were all hush mouth, I looked at Matt and said you look as though you were beat with a bull whip? Chris chimed in and said he trained Matt and he spoke with him personally, he would not have said I could return the countertops, and then Chris told me Matt did not say I could make the return. Chris was not present during the times I had spoken with Matt nor during my purchases with Matt, and certainly not Nick, the acting store manager. They then said they had spoken with Customer Solutions and I would have to go through them.

I remained sitting and called on speaker phone. I reached Rita, whom kindly enough, again let me know what was going on, and would reiterate in an email.

Back to the time line, which is important to follow. March 11, I went to Lowes to let Matt know how the lack of progress was going on returning the faulty countertops. He was going to ask someone if I could take another route for a faster return, I said no, Im sure its going to happen any day.

I still needed countertops even though I had money out for the Dekton. We walked around and I picked, along with Matt verifying the whitest quartz that Lowes had on sample display. I stayed with Lowes because I thought maybe we could just apply my money owed and it would be smoother and easier. The subtotal for the quartz is $6228, a Lowes brand, more expensive than the Dekton, but a natural product that is colored the same throughout and doesnt change once buffed.

March 25, Sage Surfaces came and measured, oddly enough, the guy mentioned the bad noticeable break and unsightly edges on the Dekton, and continued to tell me more about the product and the coloration.

March 28, HD made good on their mistake 100% plus. The cabinets were hung 2 too high, so the original crown didnt fit. The baseboard was off the floor and 2 x 4s and shims showed, incorrect spacers, cabinets hung too far over to match the one opposite the stove vent. They fixed everything and even apologized, instead of avoiding and pretending a mistake was made!

Now into the 4th month of not having a usable kitchen!

I have spent the majority of money for the remodeling of my home at Lowes, thousands. Nick, the acting store manager, only said thanks for shopping at Lowes. Where is the customer service??? I need a full refund for the Dekton countertop, including the restocking fee, it cannot be resold, it is broken!

I was told it could be returned, but Matt, who was new at this job and in training, for fear of loosing his job, he will no longer speak out.

I, as an understanding person, as a Customer is the reason Lowes is in business, Get it done right. I need my money ASAP like Lowes did when I made the purchase.

Please Ashley, let me know what is going on in this case, dont leave me guessing and having to call and speak to various other people.

Attached are the pictures I sent to Madeleine.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Military discount
  • Friendly clerks
  • It is close to where i live
Cons:
  • Buyer beware
  • No customer service skills when there is a problem
  • Poor management response to my issue

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Ask a manager about refunds upfront on large items. Beware! Shop Home Depot.

Guest

There are different shades of white. Even the doors on your cabinets look different than the side of the cabinet.

What is broken? The picture of the faucet hole shows what appears to be a seam which will occur in an long piece of countertop and the placed it at the sink which will only have a small area of the seam showing and is a proper place to put it.

Featured
raChelle K Mxu

| map-marker Albuquerque, New Mexico

Damaged Product and Lowes did nothing

Damaged Product and Lowes did nothing
Damaged Product and Lowes did nothing - Image 2
Damaged Product and Lowes did nothing - Image 3
Damaged Product and Lowes did nothing - Image 4

I placed an order in January. Finally, received a call that the brand new stackable washer/dryer would be delivered last week in the morning.

The drivers showed up at 5:30p and dropped the unit when wheeling it down my driveway. It was still in the box when they left. I had hired a couple of guys to be at the house to hook up, but they left when the delivery hadn't shown up by 4p. They also didn't deliver all the accessories and told me I would need to go to Lowes and pick them up myself.

I did and complained to the manager about the delivery time, the drop, and having to go to the store and pick up what they didn't deliver. The manager blew me off and said they were busy. The guys I hired last week came out today and unpacked the unit where it was left by the delivery guys, and there are multiple damages to the unit.

I called Customer service and was told that the return policy is only 48 hours. I'm disabled, so I'm screwed!

Loss:
Pros:
  • Convenient location

Preferred solution: A comparable replacement because I don't know if there are any internal damages

User's recommendation: DO NOT PURCHASE FROM LOWES

Guest

I am dealing with corporate about a delivery that was promised on 9/2/2023. Day four no delivery.

Store was absolutely fantastic but the delivery company has been and is unprofessional, demeaning and doesn't care.

I have 200.00 of spoiled food because this company can't delivery a refrigerator when promised. Corporate is irate and trying to make this right.

Guest

Individual Store Managers differ considerably at Lowes ……..woodstock ,Va mgr is Superb! Fight Back !

Enlist Friends ,Don’t Give Up ! We hear you loud and Clear !

Listen up Lowes ,we are watching you ! Clean up your sliding service starting at Corporate !

Guest

You need to call the Better Business Bureau they will definitely help u or call ur senator !! That's bull

Linda L Yoy

I wouldn't have taken the unit. I would've told them to return it and bring me a new one.

I would've called Lowe's right then and there. Never take something that's been dropped or ripped open.

You accepted it and have no proof that it was dropped .... SMH

Naksh Tkv

I purchased an (almost) $1000.00 dishwasher from Lowe's a little before the holidays began in 2022. Two weeks went by and I still had not heard one peep from anyone at the store or elsewhere.

After the first week, I went to the store and spoke to the salesman who was very kind and made a call for me. He said someone would call me once the appliance was delivered to the store from the distribution center. After that 2nd week, still no call or anything, so I got my receipt in hand and kindly asked for a refund which I got with no questions asked, but it would have been nice if a manager or other store employee would have come to see if they could help me or keep my business but that did not happen. I have always preferred Lowe's over Home Depot for several reasons, but now I seldom shop there.

I was told someone else had similar issues with the same store.

Assuming the volume of sales/deliveries for both stores, I don't sympathize with either, or any other store/outlet. If they have that much sales, etc; they can certainly afford the manpower to accommodate the demand.

reply icon Replying to comment of Naksh Tkv

Unfortunately with todays supply chain problems the store is at the mercy of the manufacturer. Even before the current problems manufacturers weren't very good about communicating delivery delays.

Appliances would be backordered week after week and the appliance manufacturers would basically say it will get there when it gets there. 2 of the largest manufacturers are in Korea so you not only have manufacturing delays but shipping from Korea to their US warehouse and then from that warehouse to the store.Lowes told you they would call when it got to the store, since it still hadn't arrived they didn't call.

Guest

Lowe's is a joke!!! We bought a new front door and side light, paid to have it painted and installed, 3 yrs later everything is bubbling up and peeling off, I called manufacturer, they said was installed wrong!

Lowe's and their contractors won't fix the door!

I'm out 2,000. Will never step foot in a Lowe's again!!

Macallan Bxz

The Lowes store appliance employees were helpful professional and guided me through my appliance purchase. The delivery condition of appliances was horrible.

All of the boxes appeared to be in pristine condition but as the delivery drivers unpacked my appliances from the boxes the stackable washer and dryer had a huge dent all the way down the side of it the replacement stackable washer and dryer head bullet holes On the front. The dishwasher was completely wrecked and damaged as if a forklift had gone through the whole dishwasher it was completely in operable. Refrigerator had a huge dent in the front of it the replacement had a small dent. The store employees in the store manager were helpful and getting replacements.

At the replacements are hit or miss. I’m not sure how damaged appliances get into boxes that showed no damage at all they have to be packaged damaged. Like the bullet holes in my stackable washer and dryer the box did not show any bullet holes in it we even checked the drivers check to make sure that his truck didn’t have bullet holes in it not appliance must’ve come from some men warehouse and was packaged into a box that had no holes in it. This huge logistical delivery service that Lowes contracts to is either receiving damaged goods packaged in pristine boxes from the different appliance companies or They purchase seconds and deliver them as pristine.

The delivery drivers try really hard to dump the appliances in your home and leave and tell you to call the number at store. It took three months to get my appliances straightened out Which included keeping a brand new beautiful stainless steel refrigerator with a dent in the front of it and cost much more in time and missed work negating any savings from appliance purchase. The store employees were so nice during the purchasing process. This contracting company that Lowes uses is unacceptable.

Lowes should send inspection team to contractor warehouses and check inside box of every appliance.

And establish if those appliances are arriving damaged or if they’re being re-packaged as damaged or maybe it’s just a big scam I don’t know. Many people experiencing same problems is red flag.

Guest

We bought a washer from Lowe's last year. Worst washer.

Terrible service. Had to go back to the store in White Lake Michigan 3 more times.

They had no one to repair it so they were forced to take it back. Bad deal

Guest

these types of problems are more common than you would think. I have had more than my share of problems with Lowes.

I always remedy my issues with Lowes home office customer relations dept.

They will get you a satisfactory resolution. Try It.

View more comments (43)
Ramya R Knd

POOR CONTURMER WRONG PRODUCT

On April 16 2024 I placed the order for the countertop and backsplash through the store representative - Caron Pieters. She had given me an estimate of $3861.00 for the counter ( 45 sq foot) and 1964.40 for the backsplash (paid minimum 25sq ft, though it is 19sq ft)) see attached contract.

She mentioned that the sink cutout, eased edge, were all included in the price. The deposits were paid that day. I called Installation Made Easy (IME) for the appointment 877 477 ****.

The measurement appointment was initially scheduled for April 20 by your 3rd party provider Stone systems (SS). Im a physician in the hospital, I did not receive a call the morning of for an update as IME mentioned would happen.

I had taken a day off work, rescheduled all my patients t I called in the morning to confirm and was told that the person called in sick and they would have to reschedule, they had not reached out to me. It was rescheduled. Alex from stone systems came to measure it. He had told me that we would need two seams placed based on the elevator width.

His square footage measurements were less than 45 sq feet for the counter top. I received an update work order from Lowes/IME May 1st 2024 with a cost of 7,072$ for 79 sq feet instead of 70 sq feet , in addition there were charges that I was not told about. A $1,247 price difference.

I called IME for an explanation of the price difference and they were not able to provide me with the information adn told me to contact SS. SS informed me that they do not have the pricing information and asked me to call Lowes/IME again.

This continued, for 3 rounds of phone calls with ME telling me they can not give me pricing information without speaking with SS.

I waited a few days and when I did not hear back, called again I had to speak with 3 agents at SS, On MAY 1st 2024 Elobie James

ejames@***e-systems.com -told me I would be paying for all the wasted material as well, because of where the seams were placed. This process took over one week with me having to spearhead the entire process.

I then asked how the cost could be lowered, Stone systems told me they needed to speak with their technician. I asked Lowes for a follow up as well. I did not hear back from Stone systems and called again.

Once again, a three-way communication was initiated by me between IME and Stone systems. After reviewing all the data I made the decision to proceed with the initial 2 seams. I called Lowes /IME and paid for the order. I called Stone systems and stated I finalized 2 seams, I also contacted the installer Alex via text and told him that I would be proceeding with the counter.

with 2 seams and received an affirmative response that it was noted.

1. YOur in store rep did not tell me that we were responsible for paying for extra material, and a > 1 K difference in price is extensive. Had she done that we would have gone with another provider since the cost was less when we price shopped.

2. The sq footage difference and price did not match, and there were extra charges of unclear etiology - 3 reps at IME/Lowes were not able to tell me what those charges were.

It took me, the consumer, to make multiple phone calls between your online IME department and SS a 3rd party you use to determine the cost change.

3. May 1st I had to make a conference call with your vendors to determine why the price of my counter was increased and what the charges were.

4. We have now had to extend our lease n the apmt again

Coordinating your 3rd party vendors is completely inappropriate for a customer to have to do. Also your IME service did not call, provide updates or even know the reasons for the price increase.

The inability of your vendors- IME and SS- to coordinate created a 2 week delay

I scheduled the date of installation as May 20. on May 20, your installers arrived. While they were starting to install the counter, I noticed that the countertop had 3 seams instead of the 2 seams that I had purchased. I asked to see the diagram (photos attached,) and noted that the diagram had 2 seams.

I had to call Lowes, who then transferred me to Stone systems. I spoke with the manager at Stone systems Drew. He stated that they had made an error in cutting the stone. He told me that I can send the material back and he would let me know by the end of day if material is available and when the new countertop with two scenes can be installed.

I did not hear from him by the end of the day on May 20.

May 21 I called IME. I told them my issues with the countertop. They said they would discuss w Stone systems and get back to me. I did not hear from either of your vendors.

May 23 I called Lowes IME again. They were not able to provide any information. I asked to speak to a supervisor. I spoke with Tiffany, who told me that the issue would be resolved and that customer care solutions would handle it.

During this process, I made multiple phone calls. You can see the notes from your system, none of the representatives were able to give me any information, they told me that the countertops since it had not been installed, was not under their jurisdiction, when asked to speak to a supervisor it is transferred to a voicemail where I left multiple messages and received zero callbacks.

May 23 I called Drew from Stone systems again. At that time, he told me that "he has 50 jobs, and these errors occur" I asked if there was material and I would hold while he obtains the information. He said all the material is available.

He sent me three photos. I told him they were not clear and I was unable to determine the design. He then told me that making the design cohesive would cost extra. I told him I would speak with Lowes since this is not part of the process.

Your IME department was not able to help again. I spoke to a supervisor Irene and Tiffany.

May 24 I called and left messages to IME for follow up

Eventually after multiple calls, I was transferred to named Melissa who said she would call Drew and let me know by the end of the day. She did not call back. I texted Drew Ive not heard back.

I escalated this to Lowes corporate.

May 28 after texts, phone calls Tiffany who said she would let me know about the update and back to Melissa who still did not have an update. I have attempted to call regional offices,have tried means of escalating this and now emailing you. I will post on social media since I have no other means to speak with anyone who will assume responsibility for these egregious errors

This is poor customer service. The lack of knowledge of your vendors, their inability to troubleshoot and facilitate a project, the lack of customer support, makes recommending Lowes for any kitchen renovation impossible.

You should value the importance of timely communication and delivering work that has been paid for.

I await your response, thanks.

Ramya

888 516 **** X 3

877 505 **** Lowes Instal

866 891 **** CUSTOMER SOLUTION MANAGER

customer service manager - melissa /ari x 7338

After all this and speaking with a horrible 3rd party vendor LOWES reimbursing me 250 dollars for 7000K countertop

Pheonix Bgd

Bad customer service

Lowes - Bad customer service
Original review Jun 25, 2024

Lowe's is horrible. Customer service is rude.

They do not care about the consumer,. And nobody from top to bottom seems to know what they are doing. There resolution for everything is. Someone will call you in 2 days.

Or they pass the buck. Of course nobody ever calls. I ordered flooring, in stock flooring. And can't even find out what's going on with it.

Nobody seems to know. I will never deal with Lowe's again. Would not recommend them. This is the Lowe's in Lewistown pa.

However, from what I have been reading. It's every Lowe's. They have many bad reviews on BBB complaint site. There overall raiting is 2.2 that is bad for a company that size.

I started this process on the 17th of June. Have not had 1 single call from anyone, after being told several times.

Someone will contact you. The communication is non existent, after they take your money

Cons:
  • Poor customer service

Preferred solution: Delivery and job done!

User's recommendation: DON'T USE LOWE'S

Esther T Lst

| map-marker New Orleans, Louisiana

Re: discount that I was to receive

Lowes - Re: discount that I was to receive
Lowes - Re: discount that I was to receive - Image 2

I purchased a refrigerator and stove from Lowes that was to be delivered on April 13. The order arrived with only the refrigerator.

I inquired about the stove and was told by the deliver guys that it may be on another truck. I then ask if they would put one order on separate trucks. I waited until the end of my window which was 8pm for the stove. I contacted Lowes the following morning to inquire about the stove.

I was told that it was put in as a carry on. I didnt take the stove with me when I left the store. But, was told that I would need to return to the store to speak with a manager. I went back to the store to rectify the issue.

The refrigerator that was deliver was also making a loud noise. In which I recorded and let the manager hear the sound. I had to reschedule a new delivery date and exchange the refrigerator because there was a problem with it. The earliest delivery date that I could receive was Thursday April 18.

I was actually on Spring Break this week and this interfered with my entire week leaving me unable to go out of town. I also explained that Id recently had surgery and already had to unload the freezer once due to bad weather in our area and the power going out. When the power came back on the refrigerator I had all the lights were on but it would cool. Therefore causing me to have to get another refrigerator.

Now I have to go back and unload the contents again. Thats double work. Needless to say the first delivery guys broke my flower pot. I just told them not to worry about it.

The second delivery guys were very professional and patient taking their time to assure that everything was in order. This has turn into a week long dilemma. Then I was sold the wrong range cord. I had to return it.

I was given a 10% discount. But, I feel that Lowes could have done a little bit better than that.After receiving the range it was making a ticking sound.

I am waiting for the new delivery date to exchange the range. Then on top of that Lowes had the nerves to skip my written complaint.

John M Fxk

Verified Reviewer

A change in a price of paint not honored

Lowes - A change in a price of paint not honored
Lowes - A change in a price of paint not honored - Image 2
Lowes - A change in a price of paint not honored - Image 3
Lowes - A change in a price of paint not honored - Image 4

Dear Sir,

On Sunday March 10, I was in a Lowes store located in Turnersville NJ when I observed a 5 gallon can of paint located in the area of the store where paint that was reduced in price would be sold. The paint would normally sell for the reduced price of $50.00 but this lid had the $50.00 price with the zeros having a slash down the center giving the impression that it was selling for $5.00 (not the $50.00).

I brought the plastic 5 gallon paint to the register and they refused to sell me the paint for the $50.00 insisting that that was the sale price disagreeing that the price displayed a figure of $5.00. When I walked back to the original area of where the paint was purchased from with the manager, I was advised that this price was correct and the list shows that the 5 gallon paint paint sells for $50.00. I advised him that there were other cans on the shelf that made that argument not consistent with the other 5 gallon paint had paint properly listed as $50. With no other zeros and another 1 gallon paint can of paint which is listed for $15 on the list but had $10 written on the lid ( which I purchased ) I advised the manager the inconsistency of his argument that the price on the list was the same as the price on the cans of paint.

In short he would not honor the $5.

price.

I am requesting a $45 credit as the pictures of the cans will show that it was written in a way that it was selling for $5 and not the $50.00 with the zeros crossed out .

I am going to try and attach all photos of this paint along with the other $50.00 paint Wittenberg as $50.

Please advise me of your receipt of this message so I will be able to forward the photos. Thank you.

John Micklewright

Loss:
Pros:
  • Clean store
  • Quality inventory

Guest

You didn't loose anything. Whoever wrote the pice on the can is use to making the zeros with a slash through them to differentiate from the letter O. Not something you see every day but if they were changing the price from $50.00 to $5.00 the whole price would have been x'd out and then the new price written.

Pheonix Bgd

| map-marker Granville, Pennsylvania

Customers service horrible

Lowes - Customers service horrible
Updated by user Jun 26, 2024

Absolutely not!

Original review Jun 25, 2024
Recently I ordered flooring. Everytime I get in touch with someone.

I'm told they can't find the order. Or, Someone will be calling you in 2 days. This is an in stock item. I have been called names by employees.

And nobody seems to care. We'll look into it. Is what I get. Recently I noticed the contract I signed is for 1 amount.

They sent my husband paperwork with an amount that is 200.00 higher. I get in touch with them. Again, I get someone will call you shortly to explain the difference. Again.

No call. Well there is no difference. I signed a contract, I didn't get anything beyond what is on the contract. And if they take money from my account for more than the contract.

That is theft. I will never use again or recommend Lowe's to anyone. This company clearly does not care about the consumer. I cannot be done with them fast enough.

I see they have numerous complaints.

And an overall raiting of 2.2 guess I should have checked before going to them.This is the Lowe's in lewistown pa. But it won't bring that one up
Cons:
  • Rude employees from top to bottom

Preferred solution: Product delivered and The job done!

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE LOWE'S

Laikyn Tng

The Worst Customer Service

Do not use Lowe's for installation. Working with them to install windows & doors on my house has been a massive letdown.

We paid in full ($31k) for this routine project in October 2022. We're going on our 16th month, my project is still not complete, and what has been completed is covered mistakes that still need to be fixed. Lowe's hires substandard contractors who make careless & ridiculous mistakes (broken items, incorrect orders, incorrect measurements, and we even had to call child protective services on the first installer). Their in-store employees lose measurements, call the wrong contractors, and generally have no idea what's going on.

"Lowe's Installation Support" is an entirely separate entity run like a call center designed to make you hang up; they do not effectively communicate with stores or contractors, let alone customers. Over the last 16 months, I've spoken to a large number of Install Support employees, all of whom continually ignore my directives, lie about taking notes, take incorrect notes, and have zero awareness of the status of my project (which is literally their job). I even lost a month trying to contact our first sales rep, because he left the company and no one told us, let alone picked up our project. I have put in more hours dealing with rampant unprofessionalism, than the amount of time it takes to do the actual work I hired Lowe's to complete.

This has truly been the worst customer service I have ever experienced, by a vast margin. I do not recommend using Lowe's for installation.

UPDATE 1-22-24: I called the number given by Lowe's as a response to this review. It is the same ineffective customer service number I have called countless times. Once again, I spent almost 2 hours on the phone, grappling with employees attempting to push this aside, until I made it to an Operations Manager, who is allegedly passing this issue up the chain.

UPDATE: 6-6-24

After TWENTY months of the worst customer experience I've ever heard of, Lowe's provided a measly compensation, and zero explanation.

If any one else is fighting this, here's the pecking order: installation support > install support manager > regional installation support > regional manager > executive customer service. Be warned: NONE of these people could provide insurance and liscense information for the contractors, so I don't even know is Lowe's hired qualified people. "Executive customer service" will not allow any further escalation, nor can they provide any information about my project; they exist to stonewall customers into accepting low-ball compensation offers, unless you can afford a lawyer for arbitration. The contractors got $10,000, and despite spending more hours on this project than them, I only got offers from Lowe's: $2,400 and then a $3,000 final offer.

Which I was essentially forced to accept. They have the resources and deniability to wear you down, and they do it with scripted dialogue, legal chicanery, and a smile on their face.

Cons:
  • Worst customer service

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do Not use Lowe's for installation

OneMadMom A

We went thru the same mess with our kitchen cabinets/counter install with Lowe’s. Total nightmare!

They just don’t care, it’s so horrible.

We are about thousands, not to mention the stress it caused. Someone needs to start a class action lawsuit against Lowe’s.

Resolved

| map-marker Seattle, Washington

Resolved: Not happy customer

Updated by user Jun 29, 2024

spoke to Coporate Complaint desk 81O215-85O1.

Original review Jun 28, 2024

Bought the lawn mower, didn't work for a month. Got broken.

Spoke to Lowes Corporate people and got it resolved. Lowes Corporate Complaint Desk: 81O21585O1

Allon S Ozo

Verified Reviewer

I was in Lowe's today. I was advised by Robert the hardware sales person that I had to be walked to the register to make the a purchase on the compact drill. Walked to register

Lowes - I was in Lowe's today. I was advised by Robert the hardware sales person that I...

I have a video explaining that their policy was to walk customers to the register with certain items to pay first. I've bought countless electronic and high-dollar merchandise and have never been treated so racially. I've sent countless business partners of the white race and was never walked up to pay before purchasing.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Price competitive organized
Cons:
  • Treat all customers fairly apply a policy on black and brown people they have to be walked to register

Preferred solution: I was racially discriminated against. Apology from Robert Associates and financial accountability. Full refund for compact drill . Full financial accountability

User's recommendation: Be aware of racist Jim Crow era practices

Pamela W Pnm

| map-marker Sunshine Coast, Queensland

Not honoring the price of the slot that a reign was in.

Lowes - Not honoring the price of the slot that a reign was in.

I was going to purchase a 5x7 area rug and got to the checkout and it rang up as $179. They called someone up there and I took her back and there were 2 others in the same slot with the same price and it was not my mistake but the Manager wouldnt honor the pricing when it was there fault.

As a consumer we look at what it is and how much not matching the sku numbers.. most Reputable Companies would have corrected this issue and Sold it to me at the price that I saw which was $64.98.

Bad Customer Relations. Going to continue my shopping at Home Depot!

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Make sure that your employees do their job correctly and start taking care of the customers or you won’t have any.

Guest

stores have the right to charge the correct price for an item Yes, an employee may have put the product in the wrong spot or it is also possible for a customer to move products to try and take advantage of a store.

OneMadMom A

| map-marker Grand Forks, North Dakota

Botched Kitchen Cabinets & Counters

Our kitchen designer at Lowes seemed knowledgable and we trusted him completely. We gave him our measurements and he worked up a design.

We were told install would be in about 3 months. We ended up waiting 9 months with no cabinets, appliances or water. When the cabinets finally arrived they were all the wrong size. Our cabinet designer screamed at me, blamed me for his mistake & told me I would have to pay for new cabinets.

That one only one of dozens of issues we had. The counters that were installed were scratched, Lowes refused to replace them.

I spent every day on the phone with customer care for months, trying to fix endless problems. The stress was constant and the amount of money we lost totaled around 15k.

In the end we hired another company to replace the counters.

The cabinets aren't worth what we paid or the heartache this all caused us. Lowes doesn't care about their customers at all.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Non-existient customer service
Cons:
  • Non existent customer service

Preferred solution: Partial Refund or Credit

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE LOWE’S FOR ANYTHING

Lonnie H Las

| map-marker Victorville, California

Fradulant change of my account, without my knolowedge.

My issue has not been resolved. My personal account was changed to a pro account without my knowledge or consent.

When this happened, I no longer had my military discount. As a retired military man, this meant a lot to me to have this discount. 1. How did this get changed?

2. Is this a way to stop the military discount? I was told that the Pro account was started in 2022. I only found out about it a week ago when the cashier said that I did not have a military discount and could not get it with a pro account.

I did not start a pro account. This is a fraudulent and unauthorized action and I want it corrected.

User's recommendation: Do not shop at Lowe's.

candycane A

Verified Reviewer

Will not complete flooring project

Lowes - Will not complete flooring project

In February 2024, I received the measurements, a quote for tile then made my payment. Lowes delivered the wrong materials, they had pickup the incorrect tile and start packing the correct tile.

In the meantime Service Pro arrived, however they noticed a slope on the floor. They called their manager that stated until I have foundation leveled they could not do the job. As many people coming into my home no one notice it. Lowes still tried to deliver the tile when Service Pro decided not to do the job.

I had to make numerous calls for them to pickup the mortar and grout which was incorrect also.

March 5, 2024, I decided to install carpet in the den. In getting the quote, I asked if there were any discount and was told there was a 10% discount on the carpet.if I had not asked, I would not have known. The closer we got to quote and payment, I was told the 10% discount off carpet is in the form of a gift card. I think all the information should be provided for the customer to make an informed decision.

From March 8 til now, I have tried to pay for the carpet and I was cold transferred all over the stores and department.

Finally, spoke to representative that stated do not touch ECR and she says they could not take a payment. I went from Flooring, on hold 15 minutes then disconnected. I called back then transferred to Appliances to another representative.

I left voicemail messages to Sales and Executive Office numerous times without a response. Executive Office do not take ownership of the issue even though I have sign contract.

Cons:
  • Do not present all the information on their discount

Preferred solution: I want Lowes to complete the flooring project

User's recommendation: Make sure you ask about project survey and how their discount on flooring work.

Lonnie H Las

Verified Reviewer

Loew's cancelled my military discount by changing my account.

My personal account was changed to a pro account without my consent. This caused me to lose my military discount.

As a military retire this is an important benefit to have.

Because my account was changed I no longer have this with Lowe's. I want Lowe's to correct what they did.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Changed my account without my consent

Preferred solution: My personal account restored.

About