filters

Resolved: Lowes - They Really Mulched It Up

Lowes - They Really Mulched It Up

Update by user Jun 14, 2018

Lowe’s manager secured product from another store.

Original review posted by user Jun 13, 2018

Purchased 12 bags of mulch online at 3PM yesterday and went to pick it up after work. They were out even though they sold it to me 3 hours before. I can live with that. The problem was the smart *** employee who wanted to argue with me. This was the same kid that didn't have a vest or name tag on and took forever to show up in the lot. When he said he was out I said "Well That Is *** and started to head back inside. He proceeded to tell me that I needed to cool my attitude because he just got there at 5 and had nothing to do with it. Who is the F is he to tell me that. Don't they teach these people customer service? I hate Lowes and have ZERO tolerance for any crap what so ever due to a carpet issue my mom had with them a couple of years ago. We spend a lot of money in there that will start to be spent at Menard's where I can save big money and not put up with *** Lowes lost a good customer over $25 worth of Mulch.

"......spent at Menard's where I can save big money and not put up with ***"............................so why did you go to lowes????? so what empl wants to move 12 bags of dirty wet mulch somewhere else just to move it again when loaded????....would you????

Exactly why Lowes is losing market share.

your expectations are WAY to high!

Quit ordering on line and just go to the store and buy what you need. If you had bought mulch on-line at Menards they wouldn't pull it either.

They just don't have space to store product like this and if someone else gets it before you show up they do. You don't have to be abusive to the employees at the store, they don't set the policies and they can't go out back and make more for you.

@Anonymous

Spoken like a low ambition Lowe’s employee. Thanks for setting the bar so low.

@Butch Anderson

Never worked at Lowes but at Menards and know they wouldn't have done anything different.

#1501941
@Butch Anderson

So are you the original poster?Since you are This upset, send their Corporate Headquarters a letter detailing your complaint.Their contact information is found on their website.

#1501945
@Butch Anderson

Do you Really think that front line employees determine store policy?*shaking my head at the nonsense customers come up with*

@Anonymous

I don't know about the Lowe's in your area but the one here in Kissimmee has plenty of space for mulch. I just bought some the other day.I am trying to find a reliable and reputable fence installation company to put up a fence in my back yard but every company I look at have a lot of bad reviews.

I called Lowe's and got so much run around I called the corporate office. When I first called the store I got the customer service desk and asked them what subcontractor they use to install fencing. He gave me a name that doesn't even exist. I called back and got the Pro desk.

The guy could barely speak English and he didn't know either so he transferred me to the outside garden area. The guy out there said it was the fourth time today that guy had transferred calls to him. This guy was nice but he didn't know who installs fencing so I asked if there was a manager I could talk to. While I was on hold we got disconnected.

I gave up.It isn't clear on the website if Lowe's installs the fence or if another company does.

It's amazing to me that no one in central Florida is reputable enough and reliable enough to install a damned fence. How hard can it be anyway??????

View more comments (8)
Lowes Manager
Poor customer service
fire Employee
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes in Elizabeth City, North Carolina - Lowe's Window Installer Destroyed My House

Update by user Jul 03, 2018

Today I learned that the Project Coordinator is back on the scene in Indiana, not the Insurance Agent in North Carolina. I just paid out $22,000.00 to have building code windows in my house and Lowe's out of building code windows removed, and siding replaced from their window installer and band-aide crew they hired.

Sent the insurance agent and the CEO the bill. Gave them until June 27th, 2018 to pay. Nope, even filed a complaint with the Dept of Justice and they won't even reply to them let alone the adjuster that has been trying to get in contact with the insurance agent. Went to return windows to Lowe's Elizabeth City and they refused them on June 20, 2018.

Gave them 10 days to get them off of my property, and not responsible for any damages, or they would be deposed of. Kinda funny dealing with the Project coordinator in Indiana from Dec. 2017-Feb. 11, 2018 and he did nothing while I watched my house being destroyed, then it goes to the insurance agent Feb.

20 2018-whenever, now back to the Project Coordinator. Not only that, the Project Coordinator continues to tell the Bank/Credit Card company that this dispute is resolved and I have been dealing with them since Jan.

2018 on a monthly basis to continue to dispute the charge. Next step, Federal Trade Comission in North Carolina and the Attorney General in Indiana.

Original review posted by user Jun 03, 2018

I contracted in Oct. 2017 to have a 15 window install in my parents house that I am renovating. The last major renovation before selling it. Nov. 2017, they installed the windows and in Dec. 2017 I started complaining about leaks, hole in bathroom wall, installers threw away part of my siding, put roofing nails in my siding which cracked it, used washable caulking that ran down my siding when it rained, caulking cracked all around the windows, damaged a mulled window (still sitting there), damaged 2 bedrooms of paneling, ran out of wood for the trim so instead of a 45 degree, it was left straight, sold me windows not in building code. This is still a ongoing dispute and it is June 2018, HURRICANE SEASON! This has been a nightmare. After multiple phone calls in and out of state, I finally was able to reach someone that had the nerve to give me the project coordinator e-mail address (in Feb. 2018) to send pictures to him about the damages since him and his assistant were totally deaf to my pleads. In Jan 2018, another contractor for Lowe's came out and took pictures and sent his pictures to the project coordinator assistant, nothing happened. I did not get any reply from the project coordinator after I sent him pictures so, I researched and found the CEO e-mail address and included him in the correspondence along with pictures. Then I get a reply that it had been turned over to Lowe's insurance. Adjuster came out in Feb. 2018 sent his report to the Senior Claims Examiner in Legal in March 2018. April 2018 I get a settlement agreement, but by that time I had torn out the paneling and insulation in my walls, to find large and small holes in the outside walls covered up with moisture barrier tape that was leaking into my walls, mold and mildew in my walls, damaged floor, mold and mildew in my insulation. I requested that they include in the agreement that I could resubmit for the additional damages since the adjuster did not see this damage so I could have this repaired and send them the bill. Apparently not! The adjuster wanted to come out to assess the damage for the mold and mildew only in May 2018, not the holes in the outside walls, not the damage floor, just the mold and mildew! Their agreement states that I will not tell anyone about this, I will not sue any employee or their companies and I am suppose to settle for approximately 10-15 thousand less then what the damages are because of their negligence, incompetence, intentional disregard towards someone else's property. They have held my house hostage since Dec. 2017 while I continue to pay taxes, utilities, insurance, HOA fees. I have also had to start including the Senior Claims Examiner in Legal supervisor in my e-mail because of the games she enjoys playing ( out of the office from April 6, 2018-May 10, 2018, she was there on April 12, 2018) I am a senior and retired with limited income that has approximately $60,000 in damages from a window installer that is only licensed by the State of NC for fence, deck and siding! It is June 2018 now, I hope that no one has to go through this nightmare as I have and will probably continue on until they pay for the full damages.

Does Lowe’s use unlicensed installers ?

@Anonymous

Apparently so, this contractor was licensed for fence, deck and siding but not window install, checked around and the contractor wants to start installing windows. My house, his test subject.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Window Installation
Damages
Preferred solution
Full cost of damages and out of my life

Resolved: Lowes - Misled by associates

4.1
Lowes - Misled by associates

Update by user Jun 18, 2018

Lowes refunded our purchase price.

Original review posted by user May 15, 2018

I was misled by Lowes associates that I earned a rebate on Olympic Maximum solid Stain by purchasing one at full price and the second at 50% off. The hanging sign advertising 50% off of second one is what drew our attention in the first place. We compared the sign with our purchase to make sure it was the correct item. I questioned the check-out associate about a rebate receipt and was told to fill out the form online using my reciept . Even after checking with customer service I was not told my rebate had expired 2 days earlier. I am very upset after spending $341 that I was misled, because the main factor in purchasing the Olympic Brand was the rebate. From now on I will go across the street to their competition.
#1481956

The worst part of this is that you bought that Olympic crap! That's what you should REALLY be pissed off at!

I'd be willing to bet the sign you looked at so closely had an expiration date on it.

@Anonymous

It did...May 5th. I purchased on May 5th.

#1482010
@Carol

Update: We returned to Lowes.After explaining what took place they refunded our purchase price. After reading so many reviews from disappointed users of Olympic brand products, I will purchase another brand.

@Carol

Good for you!

View more comments (4)
Lowes Rebate
Cons
  • I was misled by associates
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes - Carpet Not In Since January 2018. It's March 2018.

Update by user Apr 15, 2018

While the carpet has been installed, there is still some variation in the carpet between rooms. However, each room is cohesive.

I would have preferred to have all the carpet match without variation throughout the house, but at least, there isn't any variation in each room. Updated April 15, 2018.

Original review posted by user Mar 16, 2018

I purchased carpet at Lowe's January 6, 2018, for the living room, dining room, stairs, hallway and three bedrooms. The day before the install for President's Day in February of 2018, I was notified by the installation company there was not enough carpet to complete the master bedroom from the mill. I agreed to at least start on the installation on President's Day, February 19, 2018. Today, on March 16, 2018, the last piece of carpet was put down and the installer notified me the piece of carpet had a variation and did not match. I immediately called Lowe's and we agreed to re-order the complete job to avoid another mess, rip up the previous work and start from scratch. Thanks, Lowe's! Hopefully, this whole carpet installation will be done correctly the third time!

Lowes Carpet Installation
Bad quality

Resolved: Lowes - Returns

4.2
Lowes - Returns
I am very displeased with your return policy you hold here in Las Cruces, NM. My Husband and I are doing major addition to our home and purchase several items cash at your store and tried to return some materials that we didn't use and was denied the return. Though we weren't asking for cash I would of loved for the money to stay in the store because as I said we are doing major additions. But store credit wasn't even an option. This happen 5/31/17 and was told to call the number at the bottom of the receipt to ask why did so no response. I've used Lowes several times for any project. That is quite often due to that I'm a stay a home mother with a lot of creativity. But in the end I am very disappointed I had to take my business else to Home Depot today on 06/01/2017 and purchased $ 3,721.37 CASH in material needed for the additions taking place. When I would of have rathered went to Lowes who I've always used and trusted. I'm reaching out to get this matter resolved if you would like to keep me as a faithful customer. Thank You and have a great day. Monique Bencomo

i work at lowes and when it says valid recipit required it means you have done too many non recipit returns and it has blocked you out of our system to give you an instore credit without a recipit

You get declined after so many returns without a receipt. It's part of the security system.

Home Depot works the same way. I know this because I have worked at both.

Lowes has their MyLowes card which works like any other card for any other store. It's free and stores your receipts for you. If you use it (or save under your phone number) they will always be able to make the return.

Don't know what the Home Depot receipt has to do with anything. It looks like the Lowes receipt is for the return you tried to make.

Each line says valid receipt required for refund.

It appears you didn't have the receipt for the products you were trying to return. Bring the products back with your receipt if you want a refund.

was it past the return date limit---thats my bet since that info was left out

You leave out some important information in your complaint. Did you have a receipt?

If not, Lowes isn't the only store that won't accept returns without a receipt. Was the product special ordered for you? If the product isn't stocked in the store they don't have shelf space for it and don't want it back.

Read the order form if it was a special order. There's always a reason stores won't accept a return...why didn't you include their reason in the complaint.

I wonder why too

View more comments (6)
Lowes Customer Care
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Resolved Featured

Resolved: Lowes - Lowe’s installed the fence incorrectly which voided warranty

3.0

Update by user Jul 18, 2017

All, as of today Lowe's gave a full refund for the fence. my thanks to everyone that helped get this resolved. My special thanks to my Lord for answering my prayers.

Update by user Jun 01, 2017

All with dad dying I forgot the emails with Fiberon. This is what I received: Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2017 9:53 AM "My understanding from last week was yes, another manager was taking your claim over as of yesterday and Travis was going to have him up to speed on the claim before he left.

The new manager is Brandon Wilson and he is supposed to reach out to me once they make a determination on their part of the claim. We have agreed to partner with them on a settlement, but I don’t know what they are willing to offer.

Travis wanted to work with Brandon when he reported to the store yesterday as it will ultimately come out of his budget once it is resolved, and then they would contact me. I would assume to hear sometime either today or tomorrow and will follow up with Brandon if I don’t hear anything by tomorrow afternoon."

Update by user Jun 01, 2017

The Review about: is for Lowe's

Original review posted by user May 31, 2017

Lowe's installed my Fiberon WoodShades fence with a 20 year warranty. 5 years later (2016) the fence composite covering is cracking and peeling. One post was not set in concrete and wind from a storms tore out three sections. Fiberon had me send pictures, Marie at Fiberon tells me the fence was not installed correctly which voids the warranty. Marie sent me the install specs and sure enough there are several things not done by Lowe’s such as concrete amount (12" diameter X 24" deep with 6" of gravel in bottom to control moisture thus caused cracking & peeling), screws to fasten rails to post (lose post and no screws 3 section tore out), spacing requirements not met (for post to post & post to rails), Pickets are lose and It goes on and on. I was told today that Lowe’s will do nothing. I am out over $5,670, Lowe’s installed the fence incorrectly which voided the Fiberon warranty. So again the little guy gets beat down by the big guy corporate. Is there no justice for us.

I’m going through the same thing with Lowe’s now. Installed WoodShades composite fence.

In 3 years the composite started peeling off the posts...Lowe’s replaced the posts. Here we are three years later and the same problem, plus pickets warping, etc.

Fiberon said it’s installed incorrectly and Lowe’s said installation is only guaranteed for a year, so it’s our problem. Paid $20,000 for a fence that was supposed to last for 20 years and it looks like *** Lowe’s needs to make this right!!!

This exact thing happened to me. And worse and I am still fighting this fence battle.

Install began in 2013. Most of the fence had to be replaced. Work started 2016 and finally finished 2017. This week the metal hinge broke off.

Lowe’s referred me to manufacturer. Hoping things will work out but warranty was voided originally due to improper installation.

wmorris
@T.Sanford

After I told Lowe’s about the fence falling apart I was told by Lowe’s to contact the fence maker. After I contacted the manufacturer of the fence they asked for pictures.

After they saw the pictures the manufacture told me that the fence was not installed per the instructions thus voiding the warranty and sent me the instructions for installation. My prayers were answered by contacting the Better Business Bureau who worked with Lowe’s corporate.All I wanted was the fence to be installed according to the manufactures instructions. Lowe’s locally elected to refund what I paid to purchase and install.

I now have to take down and get rid of the fence and decide on a new fence and who to install it.Yesterday I dug up one of the post, there was very little concrete and no grave in the bottom of the post hole. There should have been 12 inches diameter of concrete all the way down to the 6 inches of gravel.

@wmorris

The local Lowe’s store generously paid to have the fence reinstalled. However, the pivot hinge of the gate broke off 15 months after install.

Sent email with pictures in to Fiberon as directed by Lowe’s. The manufacturer stated the gate installation was incorrect and provided logical reasons (which I raised concerns about during installation but was dismissed by the installer) for the gate failure that are reasonably installer’s fault. When I called Lowe’s back they were hesitant to provide any help because they had already paid to have the fence replaced. Which is illogical because they (the Lowe’s agent) did not follow proper installation procedures and therefore should be liable for repairs and CORRECT installation.

Which is what I contracted for. Certainly not improper installation.

How did you get Lowe’s to refund you? I’m in the same situation. I didn’t realize it was installed incorrectly until it started coming down.

wmorris
@Tiffany

View more comments (5)
Lowes Fence Installation
Cons
  • Warranty service
  • Disinterested personell
  • Customer dis-service
Reason of review
fence warranty void due installed incorrectly
Preferred solution
replace entire fence and install as fence maker instructions
Resolved Featured

Resolved: Lowes in Sunnyvale, California - Misleading Information For Warranty

Lowes - Misleading Information For Warranty

Update by user Apr 30, 2015

It took several weeks, but lowes executive management worked out a compromise with me which was not perfect, but the best of a bad situation; the manufacturer of the water heater ( Whirlpool) was not interested in accommodating the customer at all, so Lowes stepped up to the plate and we had a deal.

Update by user Apr 08, 2015

After a long phone conversation with the executive offices, and a potential resolution of total replacement at no cost to me, I was contacted by the local Lowe's Sunnyvale Ca., store manager to tell me that the proposed solution by the executive office was NOT going to happen. I was very surprised to say the least.

The local manager called Whirlpool to see if they would extend the 6 yr hot water heater service contract to a 12 year; but they, of course, said no. So, I was told that the ONLY solution was a partial refund to compensate me for the error on Lowe's part. I would be STUCK with 100% of any cost after 6 years. Not what I wanted to hear, since my original request was to purchase two hot water heaters that have at least a 10 parts/labor support by the manufacture or with the additional purchase of extended warranty.

My decision was made for me by a no win option from Lowe's; take the money or nothing. So I took the money, and still now have a product that I do not want, and a personal liability for all expenses after the 6 yr of service.

Go Figure, IS THAT FAIR ? Only if I do not need service from year 6 and beyond.

Original review posted by user Apr 02, 2015

I was looking for replacement water heaters with a ten year service warranty from the original manufacture. After talking to a Lowes sale rep, I purchased two hot water heaters (6 yr coverage from Mfg) and the 5 year "extended warranty" from Lowes. Was I surprised to learn that the Lowes service coverage is ONLY for the 5 years ( after the first year from Mfg) for labor only; I was under the impression from the BIG letters on the front pages of the web site that it was a 5 year extension after the Mfg service was over ... or a total of 11 years. NOT TRUE according to customer service. When I originally talked to a sale person I was told that the 5 year warranty was in addition to the Mfg warranty. When calling customer service, and explaining the situation, their answer was to return the water heater for a refund. But the labor was at my expense. This certainly is not very practical; after installation, the cost of return is out of line with the value involved. The customer service department is only lip service and is not really there to "assist" the customer .... they just take the complaint and "file" it under your phone number. AND worst, then they say " is there anything else I can do for you today?" THAT IS AN INSULT TO ONE'S INTELLIGENCE. If corporate is reading this, maybe there will be a correction ..... stay posted.
Product
Lowes Warranty
Warranty issue
Preferred solution
I want now, as originally requested from Lowes salesman, two water heaters with ten year warranty(s)

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111