Lowes flooring installation...BEWARE Our family decided to install tile flooring in the section of our house that is built on concrete slab. We went to our local Lowes store and looked at flooring. We really liked the Rialto White 12x12 tile. Not knowing how to...

WHAT IS LOWE'S POLICY ON LETTING TRANSGENDER LADIES USE THE RESTROOM?.............WHAT ABOUT TRANSGENDER MEN?

Lowes Installation

Legal Action against Lowes - A Real ‘Catch 22’!

Here’s the thing about Lowes installation contracts. It concerns ‘forced arbitration’. Meaning that if a dispute arises between you and Lowes as the result of a faulty installation, you could be out of a lot of money even if you choose to take them to arbitration which is your only recourse if informal mediation between you and the store that provided the service fails. First of all, you’ll need an attorney unless you want to want to ‘bring a knife to a gun fight’ because there’s a good chance that if faced with arbitration, Lowes will certainly bring out their ‘hired guns’. If the billable hours of your attorney begin at $305.00/hour, you’re then looking at well over $1,500.00 for at least 5 hours (minimum) to prepare for the hearing with dispositions, discovery and so on. Then there’s the expert witness that you’ll need to hire because again, Lowes will bring one or more of their best to the proceedings! So be sure to add another $2,000.00 (for each expert witness) to your legal fees. For example, If your claim against Lowes for totals around $3,000.00 and the arbitration panel finds for the plaintiff (that would be you) for the entire amount, you will have won nothing since you’re down another $500.00 for all your effort (that’s if you chose to include the testimony of at least one expert witness). Incidentally, if you read further into the fine print on the last few pages of your installation contract with Lowes, you’ll notice that you also have the option to bring them to ‘small claims’ court depending on the amount of your claim. However, if you choose to bring Lowes to small claims court, they will need to bring an attorney since Lowes is a major corporation and cannot send an ‘ordinary manager’ to represent them in court. The rules for the county in the state in which I reside prevents attorneys from representing their clients in small claims court. They would instead be referred to the next level, district court, where attorneys are allowed by both parties. And since the ‘fine print’ in Lowes’ contract for installation services precludes a consumer from suing Lowes in a general court of law, your only other recourse is ‘forced arbitration’. Hence, Lowes has ‘all the bases covered’. I found this out after I consulted an attorney who spent well over an hour with us for only $40.00 (we found through a legal-aid referral from our county Bar Association) and deciphered the cryptic legalese of my installation contract with Lowes. By the way, this is a fairly common legal tactic used by larger companies that have numerous complaints and wish to minimize their costs for litigation. The moral of this cautionary tale; if you’re considering using Lowes especially for a major renovation, and something goes wrong as a result of their installation, if you file a claim, and eventually go to arbitration (even with legal representation and expert witnesses to support your case), you may find the amount your recover will barely cover your legal costs and you will have won an worthless moral and hollow victory. And in my case, after all the grief I’ve suffered due to the incompetence of one of Lowes ‘highly skilled’ contractors, I’m not about to add insult to injury by giving these ‘bottom dwelling ***-suckers’ the satisfaction of knowing I’ll have spent even more money by pursuing them in arbitration. So it’s a given I’ll never recommend Lowes installation services to anyone nor will I ever set foot in another of their stores to spend a bloody dime as long as I am drawing a breath. But I also truly believe in ‘Karma’ (what goes around, comes around) so in one way or another, Lowes (including everyone from the store manager down to the contractor who had their grubby little hands on my project) will someday get theirs. And the most delicious part, it will be when they least expect it!

As a former Lowe's installer, I can say this post really isn't doing homeowner's any service. The reality is that Lowe's pays out of pocket to take care of so much stuff.

The installers often eat that cost, but customers are basically guaranteed satisfaction. In the rare instances they don't take this approach (pay out to make it go away), it's because there is literally no merit and it is obvious the customer is out to get free money. Anyone who works in construction, especially residential knows there is a lot of grey involved. Was that gutter damaged before we arrived?

Did that wall have that issue in that one corner of the house. There's literally so much to account for it results in a lot of grey. Therefore, it just comes down to good faith between the homeowner and the installer. We had to eat so much expense because customer's, who understandably don't understand the technical aspects of our trade, would complain and Lowe's just forced us to pay to make it go away.

I can't stress enough how much better off you are going with a larger company like Lowes. One, they will always be in business. Most service companies go out business after a few years. Two, they're such a large company, they just pay to make stuff go away.

Three, you're far more protected from a legal/insurance perspective.

This is probably the biggest advantage of Lowes or a bigger company than some small business. You're better off going with a large company, whether or not that's Lowes.

@Anonymous

first off, you clearly are a biased party, as you work for lowes. secondly, this post is 1,000% accurate as i am currently dealing with the same nonsense.

the writer of this post is correct, lowes does have all bases covered, very tactfully. Their contractors suck, and so do their products (specifically pella windows). They have total disregard to their customers and take months for a simple installation. Why?

because they know they can get away with it and still recover all their money. DUH

Your a liar. Simple.

My project started a month ago and was supposed to be done in a week. Lowes won't even talk to me. They broke a bunch of stuff in my house and covered it up. I got a freaking hole in my wall going outside, the contractor put a piece of tape over it and installed a cabinet to hide it.

Lowes said that was just fine, and that it is our problem. Contractor was never able to find the design plan, so he just "winged" it.

Nothing is up to code. Doors don't even open, and lowes said it was my problem.

Go through homeowners insurance: they fight Lowes: more than likely with a bigger stick!

Very informative

Day late and dollar short as I am in the middle of a Charlie Foxtrot with them right now. I wish I would have read this before I spent over $26,000 on a bathroom when I could have done a better job installing tile myself. Aside from being *** they are liars as well.

@Anonymous

$26,000 on a bathroom? You could have bought yourself a used Double-Wide trailer with that much money. Double-Wide to accommodate your Double-Wide Rear Posterior!

@Anonymous

I like my meals just like I like my womens................SUPER-SIZED! Women with a little bit more to love!

JUST HIRE SOME OF THE GENTLEMEN STAYING AT THE SALVATION ARMY TO DO YOUR PROJECT. THEY COULDN'T POSSIBLY DO A WORSE JOB THAN THE FOLKS AT LOWES WOULD!

Please understand that all of these problems are not unique to Lowe’s. All big box stores have the same arbitration clauses and have the arrangements with contractors.

It’s possible you may get a good contractor but it’s just the luck of the draw.

We always use local contractors that have good local reputations and you can talk to their customers. Yes, they charge more but in my view it’s well wort it.

I head problem with Lowes roof installers it did not pass inspection yet they refuse to fix it. They are an absolute disgrace don't do any business with Laws

this was extremly helpful. We have also been screwed by the Lowes installation team..

From their sales rep to the store manager. They are a disgusting company who we will never recommend or use ever again.

@Rebecca Orona

Screwed over here too!

A lesson learned. That "clause" is set up against the customer.

I wonder how many of us actually won against them.

Probably very few. Such is life today!

Hired lowes to install dishwasher. Their contractor cut and capped a water line inproperly and flooded my home costing me 40k in damages that I know of.

Please, stay away from lowes this is the 4th time in our area this has happened. Their managers are evasive and I would be sitting in black mold if I didn't call my home owners insurance.

I purchased doors to be installed in June and it's 02Oct, only 3 of the 8 have been partially installed. Never, ever again Lowes.

Absolutely horrible! Contractor is incompetent and dishonest!

The central production office at NC doesn’t care about customer and doesn’t return emails and calls. Stay away from Lowe’s at all cost!

Lowes is a horrible company. They do not stand behind the work of the contractors they hire.

The railing on my deck had been installed improperly and needs to be replaced. $1600 in material. Lowes offerd me a $50.00 gift card.

I told them that was not acceptable. I was told it has been escalated, however no return calls for 2 months.

I wish I had read this BEFORE hiring Lowe's to install my deck and fence. I am hating my life and Lowe's so bad right now.

OMG. Same here.

They installed 2 decks. Contractor nor Lowes rep reviewed city code and was installing against code.

So many other awful incidents occurred during installation. Also promised to remove labor charges then would not give it.

I will never go to Lowe's for future projects! I am going through it now.

Window installed over 2 months ago and still not settled. Lowe's and their contractors are dishonest and made up lies to cover their installation error and damage.

By any means take pictures before, during and after installation. Don't trust Lowe's.

I have had the identical experience with Lowes in Central Mass (Westborough location). Simple residing project that was suppose to take 2 weeks is now into 4 months and still no trim or siding on my house.

What I do have is the original siding on my house removed and for the last 3 months and 29 days I've had the framing of my house exposed to the elements.

Water coming into the house, birds nesting in the walls, Wasps everywhere...total nightmare and Lowes could care less, they just blame someone else. RUN FROM LOWES AS FAST AS YOU CAN!

I have one thing to say, "DON'T HIRE LOWES FOR ANY HOME IMPROVEMENT PROJECT". The worse experience in my whole life, and I'm 68 years old.

Save your money and sanity. I cannot I cannot believe how horrible this went - lies; incompetent contactors, pass the buck, no returned p phone calls, no returned emails, and switching materals we chose for cheap products. Who does this????

Lowes does. Stay away fro them

@Garry Davidson

Thanks for the head-up, Sir. I'll make sure that I never hire Lowes for any home improvement project.

Lowe's hired some *** floor installer for our tile. Now you trip over lippage and all the thin set coming through the grout.

Has been 1 1/2 years and finally go to arbitration in December, *** at Lowe's never explained the contract and used the wrong grout.

The contractor has never returned to complete the project. Would NEVER recommend Lowe's for anything, unless you want to be taken advantage of for life.

Lowes doesn't let you read all those fine print until you sign because you sign on page 3 and page 4-7 have all that stuff and they pull it away from you and say here now sign this one. And so on and that is how it goes.

And there Project Managers are trained in Smoke& Fire & Mirrors to keep you from realizing what is going down. And later on when you catch them they come up with all kinds of double talk andDon't remembers.

I am going through it now. Window install in Nov. 2017 and still not settled in July 2018.

About to begin this mediation/arbitration/court journey with them regarding installation of six Pella replacement windows . .

. wish me luck.

@Tina Barrett

can you contact me at my email tcollada@yahoo.comThank youTere

@Tina Barrett

Can you contact me at petrilla636@hotmail.com. I had Prlla Windows install. I am starting the process, but not getting anywhere.

@Tina Barrett

Can you email me as well. I had Pella windows installed by a lowes contractor and its been a nightmare looking to do the same tdion@comcast.net

@Tina Barrett

I’m about to still a case with Lowe’s about my Pella doors and windows. Please email me if you can.

Maybe we can work together to get through this mess. Smastro@msn.com

Reading this makes me so sad. I'm dealing with Lowes regarding the damage they did when installing the kitchen.

They want us to sign a certificate of release before they fix what they damaged when installing the cabinets.

There is no way we can't sign a release that we really don't know if they will fixed what they damage. The interesting is their mission to “Never Stop Improving.” They have caused a devastating burden to the construction of our home which has negatively impacted our personal and financial lives.Any suggestion?

Pretty sure we can file a class action suit.

Wow, me too!

@Alisa K

Me too

mE TOO!

Lets do it

Agreed!!!!!What a disappointment dealing with their great contractors!!!Can't install A fence correct the first time or the 2nd time and want a 3rd try!!And wont do anything to compensate us!!

What a great, and true, account of what is happening with lowes. I am having issues right now with installation of new exterior doors.

No one, including the executive customer service team, is helpful. I have moved all of my business to Home Depot. It is no wonder why HD stock is over $200, while lowes is at $99.18.

Lastly, you will notice that I cannot even bring myself to capitalize their name. I have so much disrespect for them, that I won't even recognize them with a capital letter.

I am going through this with a window install which they hired a licensed fence decking siding contractor. A disaster, it started in Dec.

2017 and has done around $60,000.00 in damages.

Seven months now and nothing. Not only do they have incompetent employees to handle your complaints they also have insurance agents that enjoy playing elementary school games with you.

I agree, we are going through it now.

Totally agree Do not use any box for large projects.

This comment reads like a long bitter diatribe from a teenaged girl who got dumped by her boyfriend OR a theoretical muckraking about an event which apparently never happened because if is laced with "if...then" - fantasy and fiction, not real. And I don't care for your vulgarity.

Not sure CSLB would handle cases of arbitration against Lowe's but its seems if a licence contractor did the work you would have that recourse of CSLB. Its a timely process but CSLB paid for my expert witness and all the arbitration cost.

I represented myself but was very prepared.

It was only against a Private Contractor and no attorneys were involved. I did win the case and the decision is final and contractor license was suspended until I was paid in full.

Too late to read this!

Agreed. We had a poor quality installation of flooring (wood) Lowes (sub-contractor Keller Interior).

We later found NWFA.org.

In Florida, Lowes sub-contract with Keller Interiors. The report we got back from NWFA.org was that it was a "amateur" job.

Yes, do read the contract as they will limit you (small claim in FL is max at $5K).

Avoid Lowes and Keller and seek true professionals; may cost a little more, but you avoid the HEADACHES.

ramjet
#1392006

All true, but please be aware that all the 'big box stores' do the same thing. You are always better off dealing with specialty shops, and even with them, do your homework.

It usually costs more but it's worth it. We have been happy with work done by specialty professional companies and would not consider using a big box company.

Lowes is no worse than the others.

We buy products from them but never services, unless it's just to deliver something to our driveway. Even that can be screwed up but not as often or as easily.

I’m not sure what you discussed with an attorney but according to the contract Lowes cannot use an attorney. Arbitration isn’t mandatory, it’s an option including small claims court.

I do agree that they would probably not send a random employee. However if you legally serve someone and they do not appear, then they forgo representation. I’m sure they have legal experts that are t lawyers to ensure they don’t lose.

If you win a case in small claims court you can recoup the costs associated with filing and presenting your claim not to exceed the limit of small claims court. I hope this helps.

@Anonymous

I'm needing to get a roof installed..was considering hiring Lowe's.. however I'm having a issue with paying them up front(100%) to me that doesn't seem right..

I was told that by the representative who initially came out..

duh! Thanks

No dont do it

@Janice

Big box stores always require payment up front. Your are better off hiring a roofing contractor directly, you will save money.

If you have a roof done through Lowes or Home Depot they will hire a local roofing company to do the job and tack on a nice profit for doing it. It is not their employees that will be working on your house.

@Janice

Do nit use Lowes for your roof install!!! I paid $8500 for a new roof that leaks and they won't fix it.

TERRIBLE, UNSKILLED WORKERS, MAY NOT EVEN BE LICENSED

Tried calling Lowe's corporate in North Carolina. All they do is take the information and contact the store which is the reason for the call to corporate. Customer service is not a priority to them!

@Anonymous

So glad I read all these negative reviews. Was going to install office cabinets thru lowes, but not now!!!!!

Take your business elsewhere and pay more if you have to so you will not end up dealing with the nightmare Lowe's will put you through AFTER they get your money. I am now watchful of any company that has a long contract about not being sued and going to arbitration.

If a company has to do that and wants you to sign it AFTER they get your money...they don't care about you and customer service. It's ALL ABOUT THEM. If you want doors, find a door company.

If you want flooring, go to a flooring company. A one stop shop is nice until they *** over!

They are horrible. DO NOT USE THEM!!

I have had problems with Lows. They are very slow on big projects.

Plus some if their subcontractor are terrible, they make a lot of mistakes.

Such unable to install simple things, also they have the nerve to ask me for help on some parts of project and I paid over 10 grand. Never again will go with Lows

Do not use Lowes for carpet installation. Worst experience ever.

I have never encountered so many unprofessional people.

We have spent thousands and thousands in their store and when we have a legitimate problem they are arrogant jerks. They won't get another penny from us.

The Lowes delivery guy came and put my dryer it but he stole my iPhone charger in the washroom also broke my solar outside stole my tools and Lowes is not doing anything about it

Please stay away. Lowes uses bully tactics.

I am out 150k on a botched job.

Do not use Lowes ever for contracting.

Lowes botched my Mother's bathroom remodel. The project began in July 2016, since then they installed incorrect cabinets (twice), counter top, closet mirrors (twice), and shower door (twice).

Their store management is incapable and not interested in finding a timely fix.

My recommendation is to avoid Lowes at all costs - they are inept. Avoid the nightmare that is common place with Lowes and shop somewhere else.

@Brian

Whoops, project began July of 2015 and still ongoing January 2016. Lowes should be shut down.

@Brian

OMG, sounds like the same bathroom reno nightmare we are experiencing with Lowe's in LaPlata, MD! Worst experience EVER!

What was supposed to be a 6-8 week job turned into a year long nightmare!

I wouldn't buy a bathroom plunger from Lowe's EVER in life!

BTW, for the record and curious ‘Scrabble’ aficionados who happen to also follow this blog, the item that was erroneously deleted from my post with *asterisks* was simply a harmless but very descriptive four letter term that began with ‘S’ ended with ‘M’ and rhymed with ‘***’!

'rum'!

View more comments (66)
Lowes Installation
I was looking at buying some blocks and bags of marble chips to a DIY project, I don't own a truck so wanted it delivered. Sales people in the lawn and garden told me it would be $79 unless you had a contractors account which it would then be $20. My total was $116...

Try a local lumber yard / building supply. Mine delivers free for orders over $200. HD and Lowes both charge here

1.6
Lowe's in Prattville is AWFUL. Please be aware that a "NEW" policy is in place. If you purchase a weedeater, blower, lawnmower, pressure washer and it stops working.....you have 30 days to return it. PERIOD. You have to have the receipt showing the date of purchase. If...

Manufacturers warranty. Most items come with at least one year.

Product
Troy Bilt Tb22 Ec String Trimmer
Reason of review
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Preferred solution
Full refund
Tags
  • no returns
Why are people allowed to bring pets in the Lowes Store on Sumter sc. I don't want to get bit, accdently step in dog *** or fleas and ticks from someones dog. I guess you forgot about the people that are allergic to pet hair. Who was the bright person made this a rule?

You have the chance to step in poo in your own front yard. Most dog owners are conscientious about cleaning up.

As far as fleas, virtually no dogs who are even minimally cared for have fleas; therefore this is not a problem. Same goes for the fur: Lowe's is a huge place, and you're more likely to be allergic to dust/mites or any other stuff in there.

Lastly, the policy allows "well-behaved dogs on a leash" so the part about being bit is also very unlikely. Have you actually had any of these so-called issues happen, or are you just a miserable person to begin with?

Don't do business with Lowes
I paid over $8000 to have Lowes renovate my bathroom. I had to pay in advance! They promised everything--"I'd love my bathroom, it would be done fast, everyone loves them....", but delivered almost nothing. They did the demo and the toilet supply line leaked for 9...

Run the other way!!! I was swindled out of $27,000 for a small bathroom remodeling.

Instead of 3 weeks it took 5 months. The workers (James Stewart co.) ruined my new new jacuzzi tub while installing the tiles around it. I could go on an on.

I have learned my lesson! Never again!

Featured
Lowes Bathroom Remodeling
Reason of review
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Full refund

Lowes cut all Salespeople Pay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lowes has cut all salespeople sales commission and spiffs. Very sad for a fortune 50 company. Corporate Greed will kill this company. This practice killed Circuit City. Sears has cut commissions and sales have tank. Cutting pay doesnt motivate anybody. Accountants should never run a company. Im sure this looks on paper. How much money can we save if we make this cut??????? How *** is this way of thinking?? Want should a company do to make more money????? Pay a higher commisiosn. The employees will make the company more money. Sales people WERE being paid a spiff by the appliance companies. Now Lowes has gone back to the appliance companies and TOLD them to stop and pay the commission directly to Lowes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was in Lowes yesterday it was practically empty. They didn't have carts available because no one had gone to the parking lot to gather them, they had no music playing, no Christmas music in the few weeks before Christmas and many isles were unstocked.

The garden section was filled with Christmas trees that no one bought. The only place I can ever get good service is in lumber.

This is the Lowes on Aurora in Seattle. I felt bad.

I could not agree more that Corporate greed will bring this company down. Morale is so bad at our store because of cutting staff and not hiring new help.

We are a busy store and get 2 trucks a night at least twice a week but they only see their bottom line. They expect us to do more with less and less people.

And then they wonder why our customer service scores are so low. HELLO!

I had an interview at Lowes, and when I told her I could get to work by 7:15am because I would have to take my daughter to preschool, the Human Resources lady practically ran from me.

I tried to get a customer service position at Lowes. They expect you to be there at 6 AM to work a low paying job.

When I told Emily, the HR person, I could drop my daughter off at school pre-care at 7 AM and get to work by 7:15. she practically ran from me and I never heard back form her about the job.

Retail is the slavery of the 21st century, and I will only shop at Lowes again as a last resort.

@Stoneyardcats

If the store opens at 6:00 they need people there to help customers. Don't think they are going to change their hours to fit your schedule.

You need to look for jobs at companies that have hours that fit your schedule.

It's not Lowes fault that they are open earlier than you want to work. I expect if they had later shifts available you would say they are too late to pick up your daughter.

Giana

Not only they below happen....they would move my husband to a comminssion position to cover that area....he sold more flooring and refrigs.....but he had to give up his commission to the young boys who were called "specalist". He sold cabinets - did cabinet CAD drawings for years....cover that area and all the commision went to the person that was a "specialist " in that department.

They would work him to death...actually he did die after being worked to death while the young boys and girls would hide and be on their cell phones and two girls sleeping in the hay tractertrailer while on duty....I could go on an on. thank you what do I do against a company like Lowes?

My husband had been employed by Lowes part time then full time. They worked him 8 days straight- different shifts - no continuity.

Then they would give him one day off. He was a cancer survivor and they knew this. Back in may I was at the store when he signed up for Lowes Benefits. Life Insurance, Short Term, Long Term insurance.

His department director and specilaist helped him do the computer part, while I stood there watching. On Novemeber 26, my husband answered the managed call for a "bugging run", of course, the young boys - the specialist were hiding, my husband worked so hard, carrying heavy drillwall, flooring, clean up messes in the back, etc. He had no help from the young boys. Acutally a young boy dropped a roll of carpet on my husband a few days before my husband went on his last buggy run.

He dropped dead, dont know why, cause lowes wont realize tape, did he get dizzzy because of not breaks, did he trip over the multiple carts, who knows. He died right inthe parking lot and the day of his accident HR and Lead Management came to hospital telling me not to use the BCBS through them, it would be "worker's compensation". He died 3 days later with 4 clots to his brain and his heart gave out. I got the workers comp cards in mail.

I tired to get onto his Myloweslife and called HR at store to find out why it was deleted. I couldnt see paystubs, benefits nothing. My son took me to Lowes after the funeral home to check on his life insurance. HR manager (who never did her joh right, always had to stay on top of her) said my husband had on short term and long term disablity.

She did not or Lowes benefits department did not take his health (50,000) out of his paycheck is what they told me. I got home and buried my husband. Two weeks later I called the workers comp company 5 times. Finally got a person - she said he did not qualify for workers compensation "he was a sick man" "I was just giving you time to grive".

YEP that is what they did to me. I got an attorney, they have not responded. I quit college, which I had two semesters to go, to go back to work for nothing and I have no time off to go to physic. doctor to get over my grief and lose.

37 years together and he died while at work at Lowes. He would hurt so bad. Nobody would help him. He covered so many departments and would be given a break 6 hours into his shift.

He would tell me that he would go on "buggy runs" so he could catch his straight and breath. He hurt so bad when he came home. The young boys would be so weak and drop things on him all the time. His zone manager would make a mess or the specalist would make a mess and my husband would be told to clean it up.

They tortured him. He just wanted me to get through college. I dont know how he died? They say he didnt complain of anytype of pain that day.

He was "just fine",but no one will tell me what he was doing. Clots hit his brain and he was brain dead after 3 days and "my lowes family" has left me. I went inthere and they couldnt even look me in the eyes. They loved my husband.

He got employee of the quarter just before he died. He worked so hard for Lowes and where are the benfits> benefits department has messed up so many times as I found out by calling and getting the pre-recorded message. Another older man died at the same story just months before my husband. A young kid 18 just started and from no help lifting cement and bags of garden items is having surgery from his anal area falling out.

Can someone let me know what to do. Why did they cut me out of Myloweslife so I couldnt see my husband's benefits? They cut my health insurance off effective the day he died.

My daughter called and let them know it was agaisnt the law, they had to let me have COBRA. What can I do?

I worked for lowes 2 1/2 years (all as a specialist). I worked in appliances for 1 year and loved the spiff program.

I left Lowe's just in time because 3 months later I found out from my friend that they had stopped. It is sad, spiffs made a big difference in our paychecks. Lowe's will soon realize that this will hurt the specialty departments. There is a reason that specialist have that title.

A customer doesnt just come in and automatically know what to buy, an associate has to know his product in order to convince the customer. Its the difference between gaining or losing a customer.

i worked for lowes for a great 5 years. i actually left about 6 months before the spiff program was dropped.THANK GOD!..

i workd on a "mainline" store .. some may be losing 10k a year in spiff.the store i worked i would have lost about 50-60k in spiff. luckily i adjusted since i left before this but one of the 3 that were still in the appliance dept already said he had lost his house and is living in an apartment and STEALS on a regular basis now. LOWES,you may not have noticed but their sure are a lot more SEALED/NEW tools on EBAY these days.i don't agree with stealing but GREED is contagious and spreads like a plague.i doubt their will be a LOWES within 10 years with this move.we have a few words for the employees you now have...ORDER TAKERS...

folks might as well just plan their own kitchens and cross their fingers.when i [planned a kitchen and sold the appliances and all ...the ENTIRE PACKAGE...some folks would ask for my personal cell phone,and i would give it to them{and yes a few times they would cal me on my day off and i would help them}..I THOUGHT THIS IS WHAT IT MEANT TO BE A SPCFAILIST?? going above and beyond what was asked for by the company.no where does it say to engage that far with the customer,yet i would. why?.. yes ,sure ...of course the money...but it wasnt just hat.i cared and i would give folks my word that the job would be done if i had to deliver it myself..{which happened as well on many occasions}..you would build such confidence with folks that even for a can of paint they would come back to the appliance dept just to grab me because they knew that i wouldnt mess their order up BUT EVEN IF I DID...that i would fix it!!!

the whole TO MAKE A MORE EQUAL WORK ENVIRONMENT IS A LOAD OF ***.i would have guys that were just hourly tell me that the very reason they didnt become specialists ,even though the money was better,was for that main reason...they did not want to have to worry about the customer after they rang them out.ORDER TAKERS.they took your order and good bye. i wonder everyday how many 10k appliance sales walk out the door or are canceled and not fixed {so to "save the sale"} because the employee was just on register for 4 years and now today is selling you his first 10k kitchen!...GOOD LUCK LOWES!!... in closing- the 5 years i worked their were fun and great...now when i go into that same store...its a joke..pure and simple...i asked the flooring guy just 3 questions and i already realized how far lowes has fallen.

also i remember the SALES TEAM always saying that good times like that couldn't last forever and eventually somebody's greed would ruin it.DONE!

no reason at all to make this move except for quick pocketing of money by folks who already are rich..same game,different name...but always the same.

"Yes they cut spiffs but you forgot to mention that they also have consistently given annual raises to all full time employees, and they revamped they pay scales this year so some got as much as double digit increases." Lowes kept the money for themselves after taking the money from the specialist! And not all full time employees received annual raises and those who did got about.25/hr raise!

The only ones that got good raises was upper management! And I heard that load that they where cutting spiffs to make everyone even, BS! They cut the spiffs from the specialist and kept the money for themselves plain and simple. They keep coming up with more and more work for the grunts while looking for new ways to get even more work from them.

Lowes looks for ways to remove top name brands so they can replace it with cheap junk with there company brands keeping even more money in there pockets. They work everyone to death then want you to repeat that every single day like you have not done anything for them if you don't. Moral is low and all they can do recently is tell us that if we do not get out there and sell sell sell the company will go under! They do not train anyone and exspect us to basically train ourselves with the excuse that it is our responsibility to be in control of our own career.

They want us to take time away from the sells floor to check email and to look up ideas on the company website. But as soon as you do the managers tell you to get some work done and that you do not have time for that. If you are not checking it then you need to make time for it! They place full time positions then take them down and change it to part time positions so they do not have to pay benefits for those employees.

And the fact is they do not value hard work as there are full time people that do not do much of anything and part time people who are there every day busting there hump and never get anywhere. Associates get 1 week notice for what there hours will be but if you want time off you must give them 30 day notice. They only want us to go out and become more knowledgeable on our time so we can make them more money while we make nothing more in return. It is not just Lowes but many retail establishments that are bleeding there employees dry and when they are done they throw them away like a dead battery.

The company does nothing to support jobs in this country because they are to busy purchasing *** made in China so they can make maximum profits and return little to none of it to the employees that earn all that money for the company. Once in awhile they will throw us a cheap little BBQ and act like they are doing so much for everyone. They also take back used stuff and merchandise for almost any reason even if it is used or broken or not complete then loose money on it. They will spend money on technology acting like it is going to make them money will paying the associates as little as possible.

They spent a ton of money on over price iPhones that do not work right and then didn't upgrade the wifi in the store so that the iPhones would work correctly and not drop calls. They offered wifi even though it opens up security holes making it easier to *** the stores servers. Lowes doesn't stock the proper product or in some cases doesn't stock the product at all. You can not make money when the product isn't on the shelf.

Then they cut hours from those who are trying there best to make sales then the customers end up going elsewhere because they can not find help. Mmmm sounds like a problem that customers where having with a place called Home Depot a few years ago.

Lowes only cares about how much more money they can rake in even at associates exspense. As long the share holders and the CEO and top brass are making money to *** with the actual workers that do the work that make the real money!

its been the theme of the decade. greed, greed, greed.

I no longer get upset. i find joy sending customers to sears or the depot. I dont spend my check at lowes no matter how sweet a deal. and taking home some severence merchandise in my special pants makes me smile.

my manager doesnt even care. He hates lowes too.

now i have 2 new job titles. order taker & smuggler.

everyone needs to loot their store. lets make this company crash.

3yrs and still stockpiling. thanks robert!

I worked for Lowes for over 7 yrs in the appliance department. I truly loved my job but I simlpy could not pay my morgauge and feed my children with a 30% pay cut.

After about 2 weeks of job interviews I fould a great job at a Mom and Pop appliance store. I might acutlly thank Lowe's for helping me find this job! No more crazy hrs...just 9 to 5. I'm not expected to do anything else but sell appliances and service appliance customers.

Thats all this store does. My advice to any one who is still working at Lowe's in the appliance or Kitchen Cabinet departments is that better jobs are out there!

Lowe's has always said that no one is irreplaceable...well I say that Lowe's is very replaceable! Get out there and find a better job and lets show Lowe's that they were very, very wrong!!

View LOWES FORKLIFT TRAGEDY(FULL VERSION)posted on you tube.........

Continued..Open Letter To Lowes CEO Robert Niblock Where Did The Millions GO?

By wheretohide | Posted 4 hours ago | North Carolina

Continuation of Open Letter Mr Niblock..

Not only did Lowes cheat their specialist by cutting their spiffs/commissions without notice Lowes has decided to tell the Specialist their specialized knowledge is as equal to anyone else at Lowes. Please do not tell us you do not know you are creating a hostile work enviroment. To tell you the truth Mr Niblock you could not help a customer design a new kitchen, new countertops, new appliances, new toilets because that is not what you are paid to do. Most managers of Lowes cannot help a customer design a kitchen, sell an appliance, sell a toilet etc..it is not what they are paid to do. Lowes is big on spouting off about mentoring other employees..Most (not all) other employees do want to be mentored by anyone! These employees have sold specialty items at times..i.e. refrigerator, countertop etc only to have the customer come back upset because the product was not entered correctly, the additional items needed were not offered, the size of the product was not right and so on...yet these employees do not want to learn how to do the job properly they just want to make the money...That is not what Specialist do!!! Specialist follow through with the customer from 1st contact until the item is delivered..That is why you paid your specialist commissions!

Lowes has stated they want to become more internet business. You can't!!! Someone who is building a kitchen cannot design the kitchen through Lowes.com. Someone who needs a new bathroom cannot get that new bathroom through Lowes.com. Someone who needs appliances may be able to order them through Lowes.com, however, did Lowes.com tell them they may need their countertops cut? Lowes.com DOES NOT talk to customers your employees do!! Lowes specialist talk to the customers who order through Lowes.com who return products because they don't fit, the customer didn't know they needed this or that...your specialist do! Not only do they speak to those customers they calm the customers down and do the orders correctly!

Lowes always shows the value of their employees by continuing spending millions of dollars sponsoring Jimmy Johnson and Nascar racing! It is truly sick to believe You Mr Niblock would rather spend money on Jimmy Johnson than Lowes employees.

In conclusion Mr. Niblock you yourself make millions of dollars doing what you do..maybe just maybe if you tried to sell someone a stove or a new cabinet would you realize that you are not the bread and butter of Lowes but

your employees are...the employees you dismiss so impishly! You want Lowes to become Home Depot than change the sign buy orange vest and call it a day because that is what Home Depot represents in the Home Improvement Industry. Become the internet business you want to expand it will only hurt Lowes. Lowes.com did not and cannot and does not make Lowes.

Last but not least...Where did the specialist's pay go. If you have 10 Specialist per store and 1700 stores that equals 17,000 specialist minimum. 17,000 specialist who took a paycut estimated on the low end of $12,000.00 equals $2.4 million dollars Minimum...do we not have a right to know?? Were your acts legal?

All of this in the name of Lowes becoming one big happy family with employees you treated worse than the *** on the bottom of your shoes!

Mr. Niblock why don't you show you really care and TAKE A PAY CUT!! Take the paycut and don't tell yourself till three days before you implement your paycut...That is how *** your acts are and how much sense your acts have made! We hope your corporate office is not the hostile work enviroment you have created at your stores!!

#1201671
@Lowes Is Morally Bankrupt

Amazing, I was hired knowing I would not get a commisson. Now all the crying thats going on here.

I get three weeks vacation, I have 133 days of sick pay as of this date.

I too am required to Sell as a specialist in millwork, Now that the company is letting the install departments go, means just more work for me.Yet I only work 39 hours ,I can all that I can do in 39 it makes the time fly. Grow a pair and get to work .

Mr. Niblock recently you changed thousands of peoples lives.

You changed those lives without any conscious decision on how you effected Lowes Specialist employees and their lives. You changed those lives without notice, without any morals, without any consideration of time and facts. So we have a question for you...Lowes never paid any of the specialist commissions/spiffs with their own money. You paid those commission with money from the manufacturers of the products Lowes stores carries and sells...What did Lowes do with the money from all the manufacturers?

Did you pay for the severance packages of your corporate office employees? Did the money go to the compensation of management cutbacks? Did the money go to you and your salary?? Did the money go back to the manufacturers?

We are not talking about a $1,000.00 here or there we are talking about MILLIONS of DOLLARS paid by manufacturers to Lowes to pay their specialist worldwide. So where did the money go? Was it the manufacturers millions of dollars that you refuse to pay the specialist end up in Lowes pocket for that profit statement in February?

In deciding to change Lowes and the employees lives you somehow left out any consideration of any specialist.

In February you gave your severance package notices to your corporate employees giving them time to adjust their lives if they chose to do so. When you cutout certain levels of management positions the managers were given weeks of notice that their position may be gone and they were also given severance packages. Yet with your specialist..the bread and butter of your stores you gave us three (3) days notices that spiffs/commission would no longer paid. By this action you cut the specialist income up to 30% in a matter of days.

You did not give us anytime to adjust our lives to this major pay cut. You did not give us anytime for our spouses to try and find a job to help with the pay cut. You knew last year in 2011 when the enrollment packages for benefits went out that you would be cutting the specialist pay, yet, by giving us no notice we enrolled in programs that deducts from our salaries. If we had known about the pay cuts we would have not signed up for the payroll deduction programs.

You did and still do not care!

One of Lowes Vice Presidents stated that Lowes was cutting the specialist spiffs so all of Lowes employees would be on even ground as one big family! The fact of the matter is they are not. Lowes employees are not a family you have created a hostile work place.

The employees who were not effected by the specialist paycuts are extremely happy the specialist lost money and they have no problem stating this fact. If you truly want the facts here are some facts...All employees in Lowes are not equal!!! Their jobs are not equal..their knowledge is not equal..their quality of work is not equal! There is a reason you call Specialist...Specialist..they are educated and decided to get educated on the products they sell so they can reap the benefits and the rewards for working hard.

Now what you have done is tell the employees who have no motivation to learn..to move up in the company..to educate themselves they are equal as workers as Specialist...they are not and THEY CHOSE not to be!! Cont' to the next letter...

The bottom line: Lowes does not value the hard work of their specialist which is evident by (1)Cutting their commission in half (2)Giving specialist three days notice (3)Knowing they were going to cut the commission at the end of last year when the benefit enrollment packages were handed out. (4)Stating they want all Lowes Employees to be equal and one big happy family!

So instead of asking the employees who are not specialist to take the initiative to learn and educate themselves so they can become specialist and earn more pay Lowes decides to take the specialist..cut their pay so the specialist can be like everyone else in the store. Intelligence at it's highest!!! Find a store manager who knows how to install a sink, build a kitchen, customize counters, sell appliances or build a house and everything that goes with all of this...you can'! That is why they are managers...corporate people, because they do not have the initiative to learn any of the above or they rather just be a manager which is fine...but don't knock the specialist who make your jobs easier!!!

Lowes is morally bankrupt. Way to destroy a company Lowes!!

Mary

To hear this creates such Stress on people. One of my comrads was in a Lowes store recently and she heard of this and this fellow was saying they just took away 30% of his earnings, and he can't pay his mortgage, but She shared with him how he could resolve it.

If anyone wants to chat I have some ideas that might help you get over this dilemma, and maybe a solution.

Wish you all well. Mary

To hear this creates such Stress on people. One of my comrads was in a Lowes store recently and she herd of this and this fellow was saying they just took away 30% of his earnings, and he can't pay his mortgage, but Sandy told him how he could resolve it.

#452072

Lowes is a follower; following Home Depot. Customers used to opt to come to Lowes because they had mature, savy help, unlike Home Depot.

These folks are leaving. It's not so much what they did, but how they did it. The #1 reason great people leave companies...lack of appreciation, not pay. Wallmart, Costco, Lowes and Home Depot, there is no more customer experience, just marketing and the bottom line.

Lowes, read "The Carrot Principle" and learn if it is not too late. See Ya!

I agree with the last couple posts. I've been with Lowes for 13 years and this last stick in the *** has me looking.

I put up with the nasty whining customers who walk on us due to the sos incentives but sadly I really dont car what the customer wants so yes I know it is time to go. Let some 20 year old design and sell their *** kitchens for them. I was at the top of the region every month but the last month I didnt even show up on regional numbers. I have a few jobs that were sold before the sos incentive was dropped and once they are done the rest of the customers will get a real ho hum attitude and will be talked into the awsome stock cabinets now.

I know that the big wigs read these sites I hope that fat swine Robert Niblock enjoys his bonus.

I was able to sell my new car and get out from under the loan thanks to a good friend but we are eating alot of pasta! So to the would be customers if you have a bad attitude you may want to try home depot for awhile because I wont take your guff anymore and there is a thing you can do about it.

I still work for Lowe's, that is, until I publish my book, entitled "Little Corporate Bastards." When I started working for Lowe's, I was hired into a salary plus commission position, but we know what happened to salary for 90% of us. Anyway, the position changed to hourly plus commission.

Now, it's just hourly. For those of you that have quit, or are planning on quitting, contact the department of labor once your employment is up - since you were supposed to recieve a 7 day written notice of any change to your pay, and you only got 3 days notice. I'm sure Lowe's can afford the fines since they have your commission from now on. After all, they can still afford conferences in Vegas.

To all of you that say "atleast you still have a job," let me be the first to tell you, I wake up every day, go to work and give my best, I deserve the best in return. Remember, in the 70's, an executive made 3 times the salary of the average worker - now it's 300 times the average worker : Let me go on record as saying that NO ONE in this company deserves to make more than 3 times what I make - If they do, they are living an extravagant lifestyle at the expense of the rest of us. No turkey for thanksgiving, no commission, no incentive to earn extra money except for the $10 deal on an AMEX card, which doesn't get approved because half of the population has bad credit. I'm sure taking money out of our pockets will contribute to that problem.

I am about 100% sure that Lowe's answer would be to quit if you don't like it. I've been with Lowe's for a long time, I love what I do, but I am so disheartened by the way our company has gotten to be so ***, and so fast.

Took me a month but I'm out! All you people that think its so easy there you go!

Have it. Lowes might as well stop selling those two. Their going to tank. Now I'm just flat stacking and zoning.

No more hundreds of phone calls and complaints and where's this or that that I payed for a month ago. No more refund rebills or exchange accounts or change orders or why isn't your epps 55% this week. No more install cpo ***. Its really a stress gone.

I just can't believe i still get payed the same for doing a much easier job. Lowes you really have no idea what that job or those two departments do. I wish you would go in any of your stores and ask anybody except a cab/appl person to price you one SOS cabinet. Just one and see what kind of fund answer you get.

Please just try it.

One time. U would be surprised

New BOD members, must be in support of these decisions, cutting 30 jobs out of the avg store over the past 2 years, reduced managers and now the hiar cut on the spiff? Feels like to costa Concordia.... Better get off the ship before its to late!

Lowes stores are looking like the way they are treating their employees....bad shop and work at HD, far better company and they respect their employees,

Lowes offer a severance package to store level employees. I hate working for Lowes.

I'm just costing you money anyway. My managers like me way to much to fire me. They remember the old me. Before you changed me by cutting my legs.

Out from under me with the spiff bull$**t. I down sell every customer. That Roper is just as good as that 500$I you want. I send them to sears home depot or wherever.

I don't care anymore. I get other employees stirred up by do talking this company everyday! I hope this company fails terribly. I'm surprised at the amount of money I have been able to lose this company.

You really didn't think this one out. In the past you have let the people go that you *** off this bad. This time you pissed everyone off yet they still work for you. A recipe for disaster if you ask me.

Do yourself a favor and give us a way out rather than quitting!

I'm not letting you off that easy. Did I mention I HATE THIS COMPANY!

I've heard alot of people say just be thankful you still have a job. The issue is I wasn't looking for a job, I was looking for a career.

The specialist in these stores make or break the specialty sales and when you cut there pay, especially after a store makes all three of their specialty budgets it's a slap in the face, where a thankyou was deserved. It's pitiful really.

I have sometimes questioned the decision making for this company, but never like this. Keep slapping your employees down and see what the results are.

Only a FOOL slaughters the golden goose to make dinner.

I wonder how many sales specialists could be enlisted to call out on the same day, maybe a day like wednesday 3-7-12. Would it do much good, probably not, but might make us feel better.

Why not, you get paid the same whether your there or not. I am sure most of the specialists have plenty of sick pay to use up considering the dedication they had to the company and the desire to come to work to make the extra money.

I hope everyone who posted here finds a new job soon before Lowes introduces the next round of pay cuts. Wouldn't it be Great if the percentage of employees they lost was double the 30% they are already expecting.

Best of luck to everyone affected. I hope you all find something else sooner rather than later.

To the store manager who made the negative comment about spiffs--what goes around comes around--soon they will be cutting your bonus and pay as well--they may also eliminate half the store managers,after all lowes wants to save money and this would fit their new business model--i wonder if you will still feel the same way then--maybe you should visit the orange box yourself :grin :)

Report it! Good idea I will call the news station in the morning.

What the *** maybe the bad pr will help us get something back. My Mortgage didnt take a 30% cut.

I seen where this made the news here I Charlotte. Has it made it where you are?

Report it. Maybe when customers see how greedy this company is they will stop wanting to shop there. Not everybody will but a couple customers in each market will affect sales. I'm a not giving up on this.

They have thoroughly pissed me off this time. To think about the dedication I've gave this company and they punish the ones who work the hardest and know their job the best. I wish they would offer severance packages or just let go.

This was a slap in the face and they except us to smile about it and continue to do our jobs how we did before. Glad I'm good at pretending.

The *** are saving at best 100k per store per year. They are going to loose a couple million a year.

And they spent close to 8 million on their retarded yearly visit to vegas. Lets face it boys and girls they are on the way out and that fat pig at the top is nesting away all the cash he can while he bankrupts us.

Sales in "WE" department down by at least $150,000.00 for the month because we are now ordertakers for Ropers.$150,000.00 X 1,500 stores X 12 months = ##it going to hit the fan real soon.The battle has just begun. Be strong!

I heard that too, They will earn it if they can since many specialists dumbed down.. They will have to be do it all.

Heard now through the grape vine that the specialist spiffs got canned giving a nice haircut to the little guy. Well, even better is that the bonus structure for managers and up just got UPPED!

Yes, you heard me right. Sounds like a reverse robin hood.

Greed is good!

I'm still doing all I can do. I let 3 customers walk out yesterday.

One of which was a 6000.00 KA range sale. They pay me to be an order taker now. Not a salesman. 2 weeks ago I would have closed all 3.

Now they pay me like someone that stands around with their hands in their pockets and not to be the knowledgeable salesman I use to be. Hey its really less stress. I forgot how to design kitchens and it don't matter weather I close the sale or not. The average associate actually has had it made for a long time.

I can hide in the back take 30 min break or just stand around and talk to employees.

I get paid the same either way. Haha this ain't so bad

Did anybody mention the 8 million dollar bonus the ceo is takeing home?????????

I was hired at lowes as a millworks specialist. I took this job base on the fact that I was offered an hourly wage plus commisions. After a couple of weeks I found out thru company e mail i would not be receiving any commisions or spiffs.I came from a background of outside sales where my pay was 100% com. I learned at that job that if you bust your *** for the company you reap the rewards. apparently not at lowes. And for

the employees on here *** about specialist making more mnoney, most of us have paid our dues learning our proffesions.When I was hired by Lowes It seemed thye were a company that took care of there employees, I guess I was wrong. To this day I have not been approached by managment to explain this decision, I was told that since I was not employed by lowes last year and that the 1/2 commision offer did not apply to me there was no need to discuss it.

I will tell you this i believe this will be the end to lowes. you can not expect people

to be treated this way and giove there best to the company. Our economy will improve but

I doubt Lowes will be around to enjoy it. To other specialist hang in there when things turn oround in this economy our skills will be appreciated elsewhere.

Actually Sears has not cut commission for their sales associates. They have recently added a bonus program for top performers, they still have spiffs and they have raised commission in most of the sales departments over the last year.

If you are affected by commission cuts, consider Sears.

They are looking for people with sales experience and it really is a great place to work, at least my store is. :grin

By taking the spiffs away. What LOWES has done done is taken the hunger away form the employees.

the hunger to sell and thus make more money for Lowes and for themselves. They numbers will tell be the 2nd Q.

I'm a Nurse, have been for 35 years. I work for a fortune 500 company also.

They cut all the Nurses pay checks by at least $300/per week.

Corporations will continue to get richer as we all struggle to survive. :(

I wish niblock would shut his ignorant mouth. He keeps saying if we are this mad why are we still working for Lowes.

Like everyone don't know there isn't anywhere else to work. That's the only reason u he allowed us to get screwed. There's nothing we can do about it. He also keeps saying this was in no means unethical.

How is giving employees a 3 day notice that their pay is being cut by as much as 50% not unethical? That is BS. Some people were in the process of moving, buying homes, cars, putting children through school etc.... that showed how much he is out of touch and just don't care about this employees!

Customers should stop buying from this company. Go to home depot or a mom and pops.

The employees of Lowes would love to show this *** how much he actually needed us. Support the working peoples American rights and shop somewhere else.

I have been a sales specialist with LOWES for 4 years I started looking elswhere to work a few months ago, I guess you could say I saw the writing on the wall. The treatment of their over qualified associates is deplorable.

Its really sad because this company has (had) people that really believe in them and want(ed) to succeed. Not so much anymore. The loss of most of our commissions is understandable and i understand the "why" it was done. its the disrespect/lack of communication with the people that afford you your lifestyle that is the knife in the back.

you preach team work/ family values/ and a "we" mentality but your actions show your true greedy colors.

I am embarassed trying to explain your actions to friends and family. So much to your delight I will be moving on.

I have read most of every single post about this on this site and on connections that Lowes has put in place. The whole WE thing and this change called LEF, will kill this company.

I have talked highly about this company for years, but I will not say anymore good things ever about this place, until they decide to change what they have done to so many ethical, trustworthy, loyal, hardworking, knowledgeable, sales driven associates. So, Mr.Niblock and Mr.

Damron I wish you guys the best in your journey to keep the corporate axe swinging at the roots of a once wonderful place to work and you shouldn't have to worry about keeping the jet fueled up, but if you don't mind please tell my beautiful three year old why I can't buy him anymore legos when he wants! Yours truly, DISAPPOINTED LOYAL ASSOCIATE!

As someone else has said, like circuit city , K Mart,Sears, Now Lowes.

IT'S ALL CORPORATE GREED.

Did not want them to touch CEO ROBERT NIBLOCKS

MILLION DOLLAR BONUSES HE GETS!!

Dont worry about the greed and the %'s lost in pay. You have 2 pockets.

fill em up with lowes ***. Make your own economy and lets close this place.

Dysons roll out of the store easily on a dolly. Have a good one and get those resumes ready cause this place is done.

No it is not illegal. They may have told you that you would get them but nothing was in writing.

You may have a case if you want to sue the hiring manager personally. But this is not really his or her fault. Lets face it whats done is done. The days of extra incentives are over.

I have even heard of boycotts and a class action lawsuit.

I dont belive any of this will be fruitful. They could have just fired us like they did the zones last year then what would you do?

I am dissappointed, disgusted with corporate greed and want to know if this is even legal. Can we file an unemployement or labor board complaint

If this in some way is illegal? When I negotiated taking my current position I settled on an hourly pay but was verbally guaranteed a the chance to earn more with spiffs and commission.

As many many more were in my position.

I spoke about this with my uncle an attorney and he said depending on how many employees would come coward and testify we may have a case. Yea I nolonger trust this company and am sure they would find someway to fire me but at this point in time I really don't care anymore.

I am very sorry. I have always treated you like gold!

The most important thing to me at the time. Sorry you are the ones that have to suffer. Its time for the high ups at Lowes to learn a lesson. They cut my pay 35% by pocketing all the commission I make for going the extra mile trying to make sure you get what you came in for.

I now make a little above minimum wage. I personally sold $900000 for this company last year. Look where my hard work got me. Did I mention the one that cut my wage made $12000000 last year with not a single pay cut?

To the employees that don't agree with me read that last statement! Sorry you are on his side. Trust me he cares about you. Jk.

So I'm sorry customers nothing against you but the millionaire has strived long enough! I'm fighting back. I will not care if I help you, unlike in the past. I hope you do go to the orange box or where else you choose because this company doesn't care about me or you.

They care about padding their pockets and satisfying wall street! Typical of how greedy America has become. I hope the rest of the thousands of employees Lowes just screwed decides to fight with me

read. They think we're not important, lets show them how much we do.

So again customers I'm sorry but just shop somewhere else! Help the middle class of America.

Why put another dollar in the pockets of someone that screws the working class? I promise many of Lowes employees would thank you at this point to go somewhere else.

I am coming up on my 8 year mark. I have done almost everything in the store and have worked in 3 different districts in 2 regions.

I have relocated for/with this company, trusted the direction we were going in, only to be heartbroken. I started as a night stocker. I have been a CSA in flooring, appliances, paint, and home decor. I was overworked as the sole assembler...all while getting a Bachelor's in Distribution and Logistics.

Thought Lowe's would be great and that I could get a job in the DC no problem. That was not the case. I moved to be a department manager in flooring. After doing that for a couple of years, I moved and took a pay cut to be a Flooring Specialist.

I was making more spiffs and commissions than I expected to. I was happy about this and was enjoying my job. Then they cut the spiffs. I wouldn't be as mad as I am, but I was only a specialist for 4 months last year.

So since the spiff adjustment is only based off of last years total and not what i actually was making, I went from avering $350 per paycheck to a Guaranteed $63. Thanks Lowes. I am glad that i don't have to worry about the fluctuations in my paycheck any more. It could be worse though.

The boys in millwork are new specialists that started towards the end of last year. After finding out how little my adjustment was going to be, I found out that they raised the minimum starting pay for specialists and i am under that by about $0.25 per hour and they aren't going to raise that until my renewal time. Tell me...does anyone deserve this.

Oh yeah...To all of the CSAs and loaders and cashiers on here complaining and happy that you are glad that we aren't making that money now, I have worked hard to become an EXPERT in my area.

Show some dedication to your job and maybe you could have made some more money like we were. Everyone was hired with the potential to make more money, the CSAs are just mad that they don't know enough about the products to be able to make any additional money off of the products.

Im really shocked and surprised that not one post or blog is on any media outlet. Were talking about an effect on 87000 associates.

This is a huge impact to the economy and a huge impact to Lowes and there customer base. I look for lowes to force alot of sales specialist that stay out this year with high sales budgets and you will see a mass hiring of part time employees. Lets face it boys and girls Lowes is in big trouble, you can be in denial all u want. You dont let go of regional Svps and staff totaling 122 people.

Then cut all your tenured sales staff salaries by 30 percent.

Then this week another Svp retires effective immediately after 18 years. Theres a great story here if someone in the media would get involved.

I just heard specilist and ASMs are going away very soon also?

well it lookes like the wright to work law

is all ready working as planed

Looks to me like LOWES doesn't care who they bankrupt so why should we care about them going bankrupt! If a Manufacturer paying a commission to the company instead of an employee can bankrupt this company maybe you should have forfeited your bonuses!

Oh wait you earned that didn't you? Sales are built on competition. You as managers used this as a negotiating tool to put the best people in the positions you needed them in. One thing that I don't understand is if you call yourself managers why do you keep adding fuel to the fire?

The manager thing to do would be to either let it die or stay off out of work conversations about it!

Maybe Lowes should spend this spiff money on better training you as "MANAGERS"! If Niblock can't explain it how could you?

Exactly "SalesPro"! You hit it right there.

It is was it is in this sh**ty economy. And the gov't isn't going to bail Lowes out like the car companies.

Would you all prefer bankruptcy?!?! Just all of you be thankful that you're still employed, and that your store didn't get closed down.

To the Lowes Manager: I ca't speak for the rest, but I can tell you your wrong, a great salesman, always has the relationship with his or her customers that reflect integrity

and honesty, The "old" idea of salesman is wrong, i loved Lowes and I am a very high writer in this company. Appliances looks easy when people watch, but like anything else, pratice makes perfect.

When you treat customers with respect laughter and honesty, you create your own business in a sense and your income is up to you, thats the beauty of commission sales and I have done it for 25 years. I know the product and listen to the customer to get them what they need regardless of how much I make.

If you do this the money is always there. People keep saying we make too much money, But I have a college degree in sales, 25 years of experience

What I phone can design a kitchen cabinet job? I'm glad I'm not in your store b/c your a bigger *** than sm1.

Now shut up go back to Lowes and let your iPhone meet your install budget!

At least my sm has enough sense to see where this is going to hurt and tries to show a little compassion! Your just a DA

Captain B

Lowe's announced a new company jingle. It goes, "We're beginning to look a lot like Walmart..." (To the tune of, "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...") This will probably go a long way to get rid of higher paid and knowledgeable sales force to shift to part-timers and entry level.

But, think about it. If a Walmart employee suggests the wrong cat food, the cat pukes. If the Lowe's employee suggests the wrong electrical or plumbing product, you got more than cat puke to clean up. Made good money back in the day at Lowe's and I busted my hump for the customer.

Made $1000 or more a month in commissions and I developed a clientele, as did many of my more skilled coworkers. I shop at Home Depot and Ace Hardware now.

Sorry but Lowes Manager gets it and I have to agree w/ him. Alot of employees were just plain slackers.

And best of all, without spiffs/commissions we no longer have to endure the b.s. of salesmen stealing sales from each other. Just work the floor of your Dept. and let iPhones & Internet do the rest.

See....simple! Be thankfull that you're still gainfully employed in this bad economy.

Now shut up and get back to work, or go and get a job at the "Orange Box"!!! :roll :roll :roll :roll

I guess when a customer asked me for help with a non-stocked product that requires me to do extra work, I guess I will have to say that it is not available because I am not getting paid to do the extra work required to help this customer. Good work upper Lowes management team!

How much of a cut did the upper management team take? :sigh

:? Lowes is making too many changes too fast and affecting all employees lives and their familys.I will wonder if a lot of this is tied to obamas ideas.My 7 year old son has been diagosed with cancer this year.I owe appr.

80000.00 in medical bills and we just started chemo.With the cut of specialist pay or the rumor that are jobs will be cut.How will i pay for this and will i have a job after 12 years with lowes.Lowes treats their customers better than their employees.What is the motivation of employees to be happy and extend this to the customer while lowes upper managers forget that great employees make a great company.Lowes co. has a whole as a good place to retire is over. I love Lowes more than anyone but now i feel the loss of affection.I think i will sleep in the basesment for a while.

God Bless our lives and our familys. We need this now more than ever.

Let us know how that cabinet design works out for you. Haha wish I could be a fly on the wall!

Its all about "personal intent" I keep hearing. I feel all you managers should practice what you preach.

Corporate just tested you because from now on you will be the ones to handle most complaints because let me say on the behalf of at least 90%be of Appliance and Cabinet Specialist "we couldn't care less anymore".

Sincerely

What was your BEST EMPLOYEES

Good luck keeping a appl/cabinet specialist in the future! Or hey better yet why don't you sit down and try designing a kitchen!

I've worked in 4the stores and haven't seen a manager that could do it yet. My guess is your no different! I can do every part of your job tho! I already have!

Lowes will feel the effects of this hopefully they will realize it before its too late. Lowes always had the threat of moving us to motivate us. They no longer have that. Please do that would be a favor.

Let them put somebody that has been begging for one of those depts and see how long it takes them to say what did I get myself into? I take and handle more complaints and protect profits more in an 8app hour shift than all asm's and the store manager do in a week! Or a I did! Again I've been in your shoes!

Know what your talking about or at least be able to do the other job before you offer your two cents! Spiffs and commission's are the onlyone advantages that make those two positions worth holding!

And if your wondering I stepped down for ten less hours a week. But at the time I will say I didn't know how much of a headache the jobs WERE!!!!

Lowes manager, how is it possible for spiffs to encourage specialists to sell one product brand over another. The spiffs were set the same for all brands by pricepoint.

This statement by another dumb *** manager proves what we as specialists already knew. You idiots have no understanding what so ever of the spiff program or what the job of appliance specialist requires on a day to day basis. Probably the reason none of the managers know anything about the daily issues of our job is that you were never willing to help us fix any of our issues. "BECAUSE WE MADE TOO MUCH MONEY" as you guys said.

Tell me Mr manager.... do you even know how to open the 20/20 cabinet design program? And if you do.. could you figure out how to print a quote that is already saved in that system if a customer came in and needed it while there were no cabinet specialists there?

I bet not.... because you are either unwilling or unable to learn it. I used to have to show my managers how to set up a exchange account ( another one of the thankless things that we did everyday) because most of them didn't even know how to do it. I still have to show managers how to look something up in 3.4 (sales journal review) almost every day.

So who are the best trained people in the store? And why do you think most of us had the motivation to be that way? YES... SPIFFS AND COMMISSIONS.

what say you about that Mr. Manager???????

I have two friends working at Lowes in appliances and they are purposely sabotaging sales and forcing people away as a result. I worked at Sears for 4 years in appliances and when they cut my commission, I SAID *** YOU and walked out.

Everyone that worked with me walked out, except one and now he says that sales have been more miserable than ever. A new hire comes in every week and with sears 100 percent commission that is really low now, Sears cannot even hire someone in this economy. Lowes will be heading in the same direction, mark my words!

My manager called me two days ago to see if I wanted my job back and i said i'll rather not work cause I go to college. *** LOWES, *** SEARS.

The past use of the Spiff, is (at best) of a :? questionable :?

nature. A spiff can sometimes encourage salespeople to push a less satisfactory product on an unsuspecting customer and/or allow the manufacturers to circumvent the instructions or intentions of the store managers and/or the company (Lowes) by paying the salespeople directly. [Sort of an insiders ***.] By selling this way, spiffs can be perceived as dishonest salesmanship by customers that are pushed towards a certain product, when the salesperson is influenced by his own paycheck.

The result is jaded customers. No sales commission makes the Lowes experience better for the customer, by them not having their guard up when consulting with a Lowes specialist.

To Former customer, Thank you, people like you made the job beautiful

I am employed with LOWES a sales specialist, I understand why the cuts were made, I dont like it but atleast I have a job. I am leaving this company and I hope sooner than later.

They preach team work family unity and a we attitude, But, they treat us anything like that, Its your misleading, backstabing and just poor treatment of the people that feed you and your family that many overqualified associates will be leaving, and much to your delight I,m sure.Oh! and by the way, not one of our ASMs knows how to process a contract in ISST or make changes to the contract, The attitude of the management team at this point is embarrasing, trying to put a positive spin on the deplorable actions of their masters.

Dawn

At least you have a job. Try running your own company whiners :cry Personnaly, wI like the smaller Ace store where people actually help.

why y

Paying no more commission is the down fall of Lowe's we the people is what makes Lowe's not the *** poor management there at Lowes.Who will give you all great service anymore and why should they care no extra money in there paycheck.Lowes is putting a hurt on the lives and they just don't care. :cry :cry :cry

why y

robert.a.niblock@lowes.com email address everyone should send email to him to to show him that we are not going to take this shi_ anymore . As a CEO he needs to step down or take a big pay cut himself. Paying no more commission is the down fall of Lowe's we the people is what makes Lowe's not the *** poor management there at Lowes.Who will give you all great service anymore and why should they care no extra money in there paycheck.Lowes is putting a hurt on the lives and they just don't care.

why y

We need to keep this going! Tell your coworkers about this site.

Its time to fight back. Lowes is nothing without their experienced salespeople. Nobody ever comes together and makes a stand anymore. I'm sick of the way they think they can treat us!

Hey maybe their big investors will read all this and see how disengaged their associates are and say something or even give that as a reason to why their pulling out! Maybe they'll walk in a Lowes store and need an odd item or a kitchen designed and nobody knows how to help them. The dissatisfaction of employees is clear when you walk in the door now. Hopefully the right one will cone in and see that!

They can't fire us all! Wall street is the ones running this company anyhow.

Them and greed. Respond if you agree its time to fight back!

Now I've read they will be handing out VSP's on the 13th.. in the Mooresville corp.

office..

VSP= voluntary severance package.

Definately trying to thin out the heard.

lowesboycott.com

People. listen to Hey Somebody he is exactly right. In my career I have wrote 17 millions dollars in sales ,try it any of you, while taking 10 - 20 phones calls, with 2 phones,

try it, then be critical.....or not