filters
City:
Product:
Featured

Don't do business with Lowes
I paid over $8000 to have Lowes renovate my bathroom. I had to pay in advance! They promised everything--"I'd love my bathroom, it would be done fast, everyone loves them....", but delivered almost nothing. They did the demo and the toilet supply line leaked for 9 days. They'd say they'd come at a certain day and time and never showed up, they offered excuses for everything e.g., "my truck doesn't run, my employee is injured, I can't find a plumber...". They had promised to be done in a month (in writing) but when they weren't they said "they weren't obligated by anything in the contract". Their work was terrible. The tile didn't line up, they mis-measured the shower pan, the grout was sloppy, they installed the shower door backward, there were screws missing on the safety grab bars, they didn't cover any of my furniture, and they actually put parts on our expensive white comforter. The shower door leaks, the tile is uneven, it's ugly!

Run the other way!!! I was swindled out of $27,000 for a small bathroom remodeling.

Instead of 3 weeks it took 5 months. The workers (James Stewart co.) ruined my new new jacuzzi tub while installing the tiles around it. I could go on an on.

I have learned my lesson! Never again!

dj1506

I hear you. Lowe's is horrible.

Dont use Lowes or Chris George of Alabama Dream Homes! This is the slowest, lowest quality, and most stressful install company we have ever used. The contracts with Lowe's to install siding and a deck were signed on March 2, 2017. We were told that the siding would be completed in two weeks and the deck project would be completed in a similar timeframe.

We have had to deal with multiple problems and difficulties with quality and timing of work, and the conduct of Lowe's or Alabama Dream Homes.

The problems include:

The subcontractor Alabama Dream Homes selected by Lowe's attempted to perform various portions of the work in a manner that did not comply with applicable city building codes, and we and/or the City of Opelika, Alabama were required to insist that building codes be followed.

Alabama Dream Homes also did not obtain building permits as required by the City of Opelika, until forced to do so at our insistence; various shortcuts and/or improper materials were used on the project, requiring us to have to insist that the substandard work be remedied, and in some cases, the substandard work is still not remedied. Many of the main screws attaching the deck to the house were not even touching the house, since they tried to cover damaged wood. And this deck is about ten feet off the ground! I have video of Chris George playing with one of our security cameras, probably to disable them so we could not see the bad work he does.

Boxes, empty food bags, drinks and other trash has been repeatedly left in our yard.

Ladders, trailers and other construction materials or equipment left in the yard for weeks; and most notably, Lowe's and/or Alabama Dream Homes have continued to delay and the project still has not been completed, as of July 13th, 2017. We have complained to corporate Lowes for weeks, but they are not able to help much and Lowes has shown no willingness to provide any type of refund or compensation.

while i can feel your pain in the issue you had there's one part about your complaint you should realize. you're slamming lowe's when it was the contractor who did the bad job you claim they did.

if lowe's wanted to do right by you they'd take care of it and fix it at no cost to you.

if they refuse to help THEN i'd recommend that you not shop there anymore. so again place blame where it's due in the first place.

@notgivingit

The customers contract is with Lowe’s. They didn’t hire the contractor, Lowe’s did. Lowe’s need to be the contact with the contractor and get the issues resolved.

Well mike thats not true at all lowes sets the price for the contractors and for the stereotype of all contractors are the same is wrong as well maybe this was a case of just a bad contractor

Mike_mn
@Anonymous

Nice to know. I stand corrected.

Mike_mn
#1320588

Big Box stores use contractors at the 'lowest bidder'. So, expect the most inexperienced contractors.

With the missing screws on the safety handles... this could be cause for litigation.

What would happen in you grabed them to steady yourself, the handle came off the wall, and you fell and injured yourself?

If they won;t fix it entirely... total removal and redue, then take them to court.

#1320473

Never use the big box stores for remodeling labor. They pay so little, you usually get inexperienced and/or incompetent contractors.

M.F3_a-z0-9

Sorry you got burned; TY for the heads up!

@M.F3_a-z0-9

Does anyone know of a person that has not been burned by Lowes.

View more comments (9)
Lowes Bathroom Remodeling
Full refund
Lowes - Update to installation gone bad
After several attempts to speak to someone at Lowe’s I reached someone. Contractors came back put up some of the soffit and lleft. They left part of the soffit undone, Soon after with the first strong wind the drop vinyl on the edge of the roof started flying off. They...
Price reduction
  • Buyer Beware Go Elsewhere
Lowes - Dumpster fire deck build!
We signed a contract with Lowe's here in Massachusetts to build a deck for us with an attached gazebo. The contracted price was $45,000. Expensive, but it's made of Trex and the gazebo is custom. We signed the paperwork in May of 2018 and were told the project would...
Lowes Deck Installation
Cons
  • Time it took and the quality of the work done
Lowes - New roof installed wrong, now leaking!
Contracted with Lowe's to put on new roof with lifetime warranty. The roofers only used 4 rolls of waterproofing instead of the 10 needed. They put the shingles on wrong and did not flash around the 3 chimneys, one of which is leaking badly. You can see the photos of...
Lowes Roof Installation
Cons
  • Shoddy work breach of contract
  • Horrible service
Full refund
  • Lowes Bad SERVICE
  • Lowe s Scam
  • Lowes Shoddy Work
  • Beware Lowes Hardware Contractors

Lowes in Central, South Carolina - BUYER BEWARE: Lowe's terrible roof service and their garbage corporate BS

2.3
Lowes - BUYER BEWARE: Lowe's terrible roof service and their garbage corporate BS
We hired Lowe's to install a new roof on our home. Scheduling was easy. Materials were to be dropped off and the crew would be there in a few days to put the roof on. They dropped the material off in the middle of driveway with no protection or tarp. That night, it poured down rain. I called immediately the next morning and reported that all of the materials were soaking wet. They just said they would pass that on to the guy in charge. Regardless of the wet material, they came out and put the roof on in a day. Immediately, we noticed how wrinkled/wavy the roof looked. Our gutter guards were not re-installed correctly (which was specified in the contract) and water was randomly pouring off the roof in non-drained areas. The vents in the roof were sealed around the edges with what looked like tape, and it was already coming off. They did not clean up the old shingles and instead left them laying all over our front yard, in 95-degree Southern summertime heat. This killed all of the grass under each of those blocks of singles so our front yard now looks like a patchwork quilt. We addressed our concerns to the liaison in charge of handling complaints. He sent the crew back out who did nothing but put some more nails in our roof, fixed the gutter guards, secured the vent, and throw cigarette butts and beer bottles in our yard. They fixed the gutters so they drained correctly, but the roof still looked horrendous. They sent a local truck out to clean up, and the employee commented on how terrible the roof looked. Thanks, no *** Sherlock. SOOooo we took pictures and more pictures and started reaching out to people "above" our local store about what to do. **Insert endless corporate *** zero-accountability loop**. They basically said that the roof must have been damaged before they installed the new roof. So I gladly sent them a date-stamped picture of our roof "before" and "after". I never received any other correspondence after that. We looked in to getting a lawyer but to find one with the ability to fight against a giant corporation like Lowe's would cost us more than the roof would ever be worth.

Lowes replaced our roof while we were on vacation. When we came home, outdoor furniture was moved, black tar was on aluminum siding and trim on dors, things were broken, materials left all over yard.

Took three hours for us to clean it up. Kep claaing Lowes and they never get back to me.

Damaged or defective
  • Installation And Product Issues
  • Roof Damage
  • Roof
2.4
Lowes - Missrepresented price of a store product - Rude and Disrespectful approach of store management
I reciently encountered a sistuation I never had before! My history includes over 30 years in sales and reciently served as a CAT Petroleum Engine National Major Account Rep. A couple of tid-bits of our philosophy was to serve our customers with high qualty and...
#1720273

The thing about President Trump is that you don't have to be a racist do decipher Dog Whistle politics. "The Donald" is so blatantly racist that any fool can see what he is and what he is trying to say. I am sure that he will win by a landslide in the next election, the Religious Right is a very powerful voting force.

View more comments
Review
Cons
  • Missrepresentation of an advertised product
Poor customer service

3.8
Lowes - Lowe’s Need Integrity
In the 4th of Jan 2017 I signed a contract with Lowe’s to remove and haul away 59ft of chain link fencing around driveway. Install 109ft of 4ft chain link fence to include 1 4ft walkgate and 1 10ft drivegate. Install 55ft of 6ft wood Privacy fence. Clean and remove all job related materials. The material And installation was on or about 16 Jan 2017. I called Lowe’s the next day to let them know that mud from the chain link install was left in the driveway and their were large gaps in the fence. Contractors came back a couple days later and used my water hose to wash the mud away from my driveway. Dexter also took some extra boards which had been put in my shed that was left over from install and nailed them over six large gaps in the fence. So basically he refenced a new fence. I asked him if the fence needed to be primed he said NO. About a month later I emailed and called Candi Ridge Lowe’s Project Coordinator for the Chester store in VA. about the nails coming out the fence and the gaps. The contractor came out for the second time and knocked some nails back into the fence. I was told at that time that the Nail gun that was used at install didn’t have enough pressure in it that’s why the nails didn’t go all the way through and were backing. I don’t know anything about Nail guns. I worked as an IT Specialist for the Army for 32 years. Anyway I emailed Ms Ridge again about the fence and I have been constantly emailing her about the fence. Finally another contractor Jeremy came out on August 18, 2017 to knock some more nails into the fence. I also was told that I would have to pay 1000.00 for Lowe’s to send the contractors back out to fix my fence. I have a year warranty on this fence. I have been sending Ms Ridge the pictures of this fence falling apart since it was put up. Jeremy the last contractor said Lowe’s should be ashamed of what they are doing. The gaps in the fence is not normal. Maybe if they had of used the boards leftover in my shed I wouldn’t have so many gaps. The fence was put up because my neighbor kept coming on my property. The district attorney advised me to get the fence as a deterrent. I’ve gotten security cameras because of my neighbor. We’ve been to court three times. He was ordered to go to Chesterfield Mental Health 6 months. When I’m in my yard I don’t want this man watching me. My contract said wood Privacy fence. I can understand some spaces but not the gaps this fence have. Lowe’s should be ashamed of themselves not honoring the warranty especially since I have been constantly communicating with them about this fence. I will not buy anything from Lowe’s again. Wouldn’t recommend anyone to them. They take advantage of senior citizens especially ones that are afraid of their crazy neighbors. I have voice video from my Security camera that I sent to Ms ridge but she said she couldn’t open it but the pictures speak for themselves.
SquealingRooster

That is so sad. I wish there was a way to get the word out to the public about Lowe's and their hiring process of installers.

Without getting myself in trouble let's just say I'm knowledgeable to some degree. They will hire installers without checking their credentials. And they go through installers like most people change their pants.

On the other hand there are a few very good installers, but Lowe's treats them like crap and therefore they do not stay long. Home Depot on the other hand I have found is wonderful, does a thorough background check and calls and make sure everyone is satisfied.

Lowes Fence Installation

Lowes in North Canton, Ohio - Siding installation

2.1
Lowes - Siding installation
Ordered siding through Lowe’s installation in June of 2016. Also ordered gutters and a deck to be installed. Deck was finally installed beginning of September 2016 because the installer for that was tired of waiting for the siding to get done. Mind you, we’ve been calling every week or so starting in August to find out when we were going to get our siding that was supposed to be installed in July. Every time we called they would tell us the siding installer should be there on such-in-such date. Every time the installer didn’t show. No siding was ever even delivered to our home until December of 2016, and it wasn’t installed until January of 2017. 7 months of a siding install and they do it in the middle of winter. Needless to say, the job was horrendous. When spring came, it was obvious just how bad it was—crooked and not level siding, warped siding, siding falling off when it rained (not a huge storm, just rain), and damage to our chimney which led to water damage in one room of our home. We contacted Lowe’s immediately. This was spring on 2017. It wasn’t fixed until March of 2018. Almost 2 years after the initial order and we are still dealing with this! They offered us $1000 in compensation, that’s it, for a $20000 job it took them 2 years to complete to our “satisfaction “. The exact words from the supposed head of the complaint department, Sayquan, were “You said yourself you were satisfied with the work”. We see our lawyer next week.

Lowes has absolutely NO control over their subcontractors. I learned the hard way that you should NEVER pay for the complete job to include the labor before the job is done.

Hire a local company to do the work and then you only pay when the job is complete .At Lowes you pay for the whole job labor and all and then have no recourse if the subcontractor does not complete the job correctly.Your screwed unless the contractor comes back, as Lowes cannot make them do anything.NEVER have Lowes install anything ! !

! !

@David

We got an exorbitant quote from them to install Hardie siding. I called the woman who scheduled the appointment and asked if Lowe’s sold Hardie siding.

She said they did. I told her I was not happy with the quote. She said you could buy the material from Lowe’s and have a third party install. They will come and measure.

I said your man has measured already. She said we don’t share our measurements with that Dept.

WTFSo Lowe’s has no control over installers. Can’t even get measurements from them.Avoid them!

View more comments (1)
Lowes Siding Installation
Order processing issue
Lowes - Absolutely the worst company to use
Had a guy come and measure a job for the bathroom....to do the floors and the backsplashe and asked could it be dome in 2 weeks they said yes.....so 3 days later i get a call on job and its 680 for the job....cool i pay and sign contact just to be told after install...

the sad part is that they really don't care! They have hundreds of other customers to take your place! As long as people flock to these box stores to get *** products and crappier service just to save a few $$$ (which you found out is bs as well) things won't get any better!

View more comments
Lowes Flooring Installation
Cons
  • Entire process
  • Lack of professionalism
  • Unorganized and not professional
Let the company propose a solution

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111

2447 reviews
2.1
Compare
Featured

Lowes in Union City, California - Displaced by washer installation- living in hotel

Lowes - Displaced by washer installation- living in hotel
We bought a washer that came with free home delivery and installation. The installer did not connect the hoses properly. He left before test run was complete. Thecwashroom is upstairs. Water was pouring through the dining room light fixtures. LOWES USES A THIRD PARTY COMPANY FOR INSTALLATION AND DELIVERY, but they do not tell you this. The number on the receipt is for a company called DSI but the phone is answered with “You have reached Lowe’s home Delivery”. The damage is so extensive that we are displaced from home. DSI used a subcontractor who refused to provide insurance information. DSI refused to provide insurance information. Days later Lowe’s gave me a claim number, and the adjuster called three days after that. Lowe’s sent an independant adjuster to assess the damages. I made it clear to all parties that I am a renter, please separate the claims. Stevelyn Wright who was assigned my claim said “let’s just keep it in your name for now”. I asked her to assign a vendor to pack/move/store our property so repairs could take place. She became angry and said “WE ARE LOWES, NOT INSURANCE”. I explained that I am disabled and the $500 the adjuster allowed for this service wasn’t reasonable. She repeated her comment, then said “ now the homeowner will just have to go through her own insurance”. Duh, I don’t know why you thought you could get me to take money on her behalf to begin with. It’s been over a month - I’ve spoken with 4 adjusters, wasted countless hours speaking with Lowe’s Customer Care, requested to speak to Mrs. Wright’s supervisor ( no, I can’t have his email or voicemail per customer service. They said they’d send him a message. ) Stevelyn Wright called after I told her I’d use my own insurance. I missed the call, tried to call back. I asked her to email instead, never heard from her. Oh yeah, I have audio of the guy admitting fault. Lowe’s has the audio, photos, and videos. They just don’t care.

It sounds like the people at Lowe's don't have any Conner sense!

How about a class action lawsuit against Lowe's?

Now you know. Lowe's employs subcontractors.

All Lowe's is responsible for is the malfunctioning appliance. The sub must carry his own insurance and bond. You're barking up the wrong tree trying to recoup from Lowe's.

And if it's not your building, it isn't your insurance problem. Your goods and items, yes ; the structure, not likely.

h.kitchener

What does your landlord say about all of this? He has insurance and you should also as a renter.

Between both yours and his insurance plus, of course Lowe's insurance everything should be fine. Except, apparently it isn't.

Get with your landlord, your own renter's insurance and see what can be done. You or your landlord might want to get an attorney involved for the discussions with Lowe's.

@h.kitchener

The landlord and I both have insurance. The problem was that Lowes assumed responsibility then withdrew part of what they said they would cover.The homeowners insurance hasn’t approved repairs yet, and don’t seem to be in a rush.Late to the game was DSI, who eventually provided insurance info, said they would help, then a week later said they wouldn’t.Attorney sounds like the next step, but not sure what area of practice specializes in this type of situation.

View more comments (4)