Anthony P Rqj

Lowe's is terrible

I have kobalt item that supposedly has life time warranty. I don't have the receipt when to Lowe's they refused to do anything this is *** I even gave original packaging that says hassle free return.

I was so pissed and embarrassed they treated like a thief saying how do we know where you got it. I've been a pretty loyal customer but after this I will no longer be shopping at Lowe's.

Why buy kobalt or craftsman if the store will not accept returns on them. I'm done with Lowe's.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Will not honor their lifetime warranty on tools

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Don't buy kobalt or craftsman

Blessyn Oea

same way at lowes in aiken sc

Guest

There is a lifetime warranty for the original purchaser of the tool. Seems like you are going to need a receipt to prove you bought the tool from them.

You seem to have been able to save the package but not the receipt???

Why didn't you just staple or tape the receipt to the package? Would have saved a lot of problems.

View more comments (1)
Maria P Mzw

Verified Buyer

| map-marker New York, New York

Purchased a protection plan for my washer and it’s been over 5 weeks and no resolution

Lowes - Purchased a protection plan for my washer and it’s been over 5 weeks and no...

I purchased a washing machine in December 2019. Also purchased a protection plan my washing machine agitator does not work.

I called the protection plan they sent me to dependable appliance gentleman came out on December 21, 2023 told me that the agitator would have to be ordered. I would get a phone call within a week or two. Its now four weeks and theyre telling me that the part is out of stock four weeks without a washing machine during the holidays and during the winter months is Ridiculous, Ive called the protection plan numerous times I was told I would get a phone call within a few days never happens. Ive sent emails to dependable appliance no response.

Today was the first day which is January 24 that I had gotten through to dependable appliance when they told me that the part was out of stock, this is the United States and nothing takes this long to be received from on the other side of the world. I called a protection plan again today and asked them why they sent me an email yesterday, January 23 at 10:46 AM that my appointment was for January 23 between the hours of 8 AM and 12 PM, how does that happen at this point Im so upset nobody can give me an answer or any status on when this machine will be fixed at this point I would like it to be replaced because its been too long and nobody has an answer as to when that part will be available call GE because you sell their products you should be able to contact them and find out why I cant get the part

User's recommendation: Never shop Lowe’s for appliances ever

Guest

Why are you blaming Lowes? If the part isn't available from the manufacturer do you feel that someone else would have been able to get one? If you think you can find one, locate it and let the service company know where they can get it.

Owen B Lle
map-marker Rolla, Missouri

To put my patio furniture together

Lowe's needs to offer product services where they will assemble the furniture instead of the customer, especially for senior citizens who can't do it.

Preferred solution: Took my business to another store

User's recommendation: Make sure you have someone who can put your furniture together

Terry A Bxy

| map-marker Hilton Head Island, South Carolina

Lowe’s does not stand up to a damage claim

Dishwasher install damage to my house Lowes wont pay claim for damages

To my house they find any excuse

Its fraud

User's recommendation: Don’t buy from Lowe’s

Joseph L Jle

Verified Reviewer

Nothing but issues with products anymore .

Im a small buisness owner who spends a bunch of money at lowes the last 5 years . I stepped back some the last 2 years because of so many issues i was having .

Ive recently came back shopping with you guys ive spent over $12k in the last few weeks with lowes and have had nothing but issues with products !!! Im installing a new kitchen remoldel with lowes products this will be the 3rd time in a week ive got 2 busted cabinets , warpped countertop , a order that was suppose to be in 3 days ago still no product and now i have a busted dishwasher flooding the new kitchen and new floor because its leaking internally!!! Ive been doing this work many years and understood stuff gets dwlayed and damaged from time to time but not 4 products in 1 new kitchen thats ridiculous. It makes it very difficult for me a small buisness owner having to pay my guys to go back and fix 4 issues and nstall products twice let along my fuel cost and the time im having to take away from jobsite and my customers to drive a 30 minute round trip t4 times !!!

Ive been loyal.to lowes for many years and appreciate the pro reps but with tjat being said if i lose labor hours , my time and fuel $$$ being a small buisness owner it hurts my family !!! Im very disappointed. Im meeding to pick ulp a complete bathroom remoldel tomorrow and honestly regretting going to my lowes store except i need to take back and exchange the warpped countertop and diahwasher thats junk !!! 4 unnecessary trips .

I dont want to walk away from lowes but not leaving many more options .

I wanted to reach out to you guys to explain my issues . Truly disappointed hoping for a response thank you for your time .

Loss:
Pros:
  • Location and hours
Cons:
  • Junk materials

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Check every product before leaving store

Guest

I don’t know what the answer is or if this is just a one-off of bad luck. What’s with the customer making four trips? Wouldn’t they just make the first one?

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2488321

Yes I sure would have if my order would have came in the day it was suppose to be there trip 1 and if I would not have set the cabinets to releize I had a busted one that needed returned trip 2 . Then my countertop came on delivery when I set it it was warpped could not see it until it was set !!

Trip 3 and lastly after I had all those issues fixed I ran the new dishwasher I installed and it's pouring water internally trip 4. There was no way of telling I had anotjer issue until things were being set !!! The pro rep guys are great no complaints on them .

Is it bad luck or is it the way the product is being handled and shipped to store !!! Its been a issues since covid almost every remoldel its issue after issue not saying any other company would be any better these days !!!

View more comments (1)
Bhavesh P Nmw

| map-marker Hanover, New Jersey

Make fall information open lows credit card

I purchase her bedroom set at the Lowes and there was zero percent finance for six month now they charging me interest. Thats the reason I call if you have any questions you can reach me at 862 812 **** thank you

Evelyn M Ful

| map-marker Hamilton Township, New Jersey

Horrible service from the third party

Lowes - Horrible service from the third party
Lowes - Horrible service from the third party - Image 2
Lowes - Horrible service from the third party - Image 3
Lowes - Horrible service from the third party - Image 4

Im looking for some type of reimbursement for my inconveniences . Still waiting on supplies to reach me.

Also I was delivered so many warp pieces to my cabinets that I already paid for. This is holding my contractor up from complete the job at my home..

I still dont have an operable kitchen. Which is causing me to spend x amount of dollars that I dont have because of this delay and your third parties not being responsible.

map-marker Naples, Florida

Consumer beware

We purchased a GE refrigerator from Lowes January 2021. July 2023 Ice maker quit working and freezer was fluctuating in temperature.

We filed a claim with our Lowes protection plan. So far they have sent 3 different appliance companies and replaced several parts. They even replaced the ice maker twice. We've made over 14 claims.

Still our refrigerator is not working. This is a bogus company that will only give you the run around. We are tired!!! I will never purchase this fake so called protection plan again.

What a joke and they call it The plan that pays you back...The plan that pays you back in headaches is what we say. We've had to take off from work several times to let in all the appliance people that claim they can fix it.

Hah then wait 24 hours and make yet another call to file another claim to of course an asian because of course they outsource there calls )who says every time (Im so sorry your having this issue) its still broke..Buyer beware!! One time they told me they would be sending me a gift card for $200 did we receive it NO another lie!!!

User's recommendation: Do not buy Lowes protection plan

Shreyas S Ial

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Arlington, Virginia

Appliances

Lowes - Appliances
Lowes - Appliances - Image 2
Lowes - Appliances - Image 3

We bought a nice gas range from Lowes.com (NXR). It was delivered on time (no issue there).

We were doing the kitchen remodeling at that time and it was not completed when I received the range. We opened the box after one week. One of the installers opened the box and put it in the kitchen, however he was not able to install it as there were no wires, no power cord and nothing was there. So I called professional installer and he looked at it and said this is a dummy model and used for display in the store.

Cannot be used in the house as it is dangerous as gas pipes were not connected.

We would have died if was connected, but luckily it did not happen as our installer warned us. Of course I have to pay him for his visit.

This is my misery and when I called lowes.com, they said I should have checked this within 48 hours as their return policy is only 48 hours. That threw me off and said that this was not my fault, you sent the wrong piece. But they never agreed and consistently telling me about their 48 hours return policy.

I asked him to talk to his manager, and that guy was also very rude and he said the same thing and not ready to apologize or swap the unit. Both of them dropped the ball and asked me to contact the manufacturer directly as if it was my fault. I did contact Duro corporation and they said that it is Lowe's fault and they could not give me refund or swap my unit. I was like a ping-pong ball - going from one place to another place.

It was a tremendous inconvenience and stress to me and I could not focus or sleep.

I was totally angry and frustrated on that day, it was Friday July 28th and was not able to do my work and had to take a day off to resolve this issue.

So I went to my local Norwalk store and he said the same thing about 48 hours return policy, So I asked him to talk the manufacture and request him to talk to Duro Corporation. I did the conference call between Lowes (Norwalk) and Duro corporation. Finally the guy at the Norwalk store asked me to talke to riverside Lowes as that was delivered from there. Again it is not my fault and have to do all this additional stressful work.

I asked him to connect and he was nicer that time and connected to the Riverside store and finally agreed to pick up the dummy unit.

This was a horrible experience and they never said sorry or never compensated for anything. I am not going to shop in Lowe's again and will put this review in all public platform - Yelp, Google etc.

Loss:
Pros:
  • All other items are good except appliances
Cons:
  • Dont buy appliances

Preferred solution: Need to be compensated for my stress and time to resolve this issue.

User's recommendation: Don’t buy appliances from Lowe’s … Costco or Amazon is better

Guest

lowes corporate complaint desk can help you for the compensation..

Sandra L Kst

| map-marker Denton, Texas

Tell of Woe of Lowe's LG Dryer

Original review Mar 21, 2024

We purchase a set of LG washer and dryer from Lowe's in January 2024. The washer was delivered the next day on Sunday...great, fine.

But the Dryer was scheduled to be delivered on Feb 9th ...

Not. Feb 18th we got our dryer. First Installers set up, did not work. Second Installer claim that the first installer did not do installation correctly.

We ask for an LG tech installation. LG claim that they did not wire it correctly, put did not make the correction. Claim we need an electrician. The electrician said that it's a 10-minute fix because they did not connect the four wires correctly.

$546. For the electrician. We called Lowe for correct on our account. After two hours.

They offer 90 dollars off our account. We were sent to various departments. Commercial dept, then the advantage dept.

We made two payments since the first install of the washer. We did make a claim to the bank, which the said they would take care of after waiting 4 to six weeks for a check.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Location convenience
Cons:
  • Poor customer service and horrible repair service

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Make sure Lowe's tech knows how to install a dryer. Four wires and not three

Resolved
Tammy B Kyv

| map-marker Manassas, Virginia

Resolved: Customer service on a broken ice maker midea brand is no good an Lowes is not hel

Updated by user Mar 15, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. I received a discount for the purchase of another product

Original review Feb 13, 2024

I missed a days work today because Lowes said a tech from dmv was coming but never showed up and told me to let Lowes know they were no longer repairing that brand new company is scheduled to come this Thursday not happy with this sloppy support very unprofessional and not reli

Loss:
Pros:
  • Will talk to you about the p
Cons:
  • Rows vendors are notelpful helpful

Preferred solution: Replacement refrigerator it’s been two years and still not fixed

User's recommendation: Do not buy from Lowes or midea do not use dmv repairs

map-marker South San Francisco, California

Product not available, store staff tells me just have to wait

Product not available store cannot tell me how long it will maybe be before it comes back in stock. Just Have to wait it out

User's recommendation: My lawn mower broke, what do you do

Guest

Since most stores don't make their products in the back room they don't actually know positively when a product will be available until it comes off the back of a truck at the store. If you need a part or a new mower right away the best thing to do is look for a store that has hat you need in stock or even shop on-line.

Terry A Bxy

Fraud

Lowes wont respond to a damage claim

Worse treatment from an alleged American company

Discrimination against older customers and discrimination against race

Fraud fraud and discrimination

map-marker Steens, Mississippi

I purchased a riding mower through progressive lease

I purchased a riding mower through progressive leasing from lowes. I was charged full price by Lowe's $2k and also was left with trying to pay the lease agreement.

I was charged for a Craftsman through the lease agreement and charged for a John Deer by Lowe's. Basically I would be paying for 2 riding mowers. Associate tried to make me feel like an idiot they don't answer phones!! They don't know what they're doing!

Why lease if I can pay the full price!! I have receipt for Craftsman and John deer in the garage!!s

User's recommendation: Look at your bank account before you leave the store.

Lisa B Jld

| map-marker Chico, California

Returns

I was just in your Chico California store to do a return on two unopened small items that I had purchased just over 3 months ago. I had purchased several hundred dollars worth of house siding and had been working on this project for months.

I was told that they could not be returned because it was over the 3 month period. We have done business with you for many many years and have spent thousands of dollars at your store.

This might have ended us shopping with you! This is how you are going to treat your customers??

Very disappointed

Guest

Their return policy clearly states this. Why were you surprised when they wouldn't take it back.

Other stores have similar policies.

Stores don't want products that have been sitting around your house or job site collecting dirt and dust for over 3 months. Within 3 months you should have known you weren't going to use it and taken it back right away.