Update added by user Mar 24, 2016
called whirlpool and they said we are under warranty and are now sending a new drawer for free.Thank you Whirlpool.
Lowes was just trying to rip us off by making us pay (twice) for the shelf that they did not deliver.I will buy whirlpool again, but I will not step foot into Lowes.
Original review posted by user Mar 18, 2016
I bought a Whirlpool fridge from Lowes.I order to get an additional 5% off they convinced me to get a Lowes card.
The bill did not come so I called and they said they sent it but it was not delivered, so we made arrangements to pay online. Anyway, I started getting phone calls from a bill collector. Despite the fact that we resolved the issue with the store and then had to explain it several times to the bill collectors, who said the calls would stop, we continued getting calls three or ore times each day on our home phone and at work. We pleaded them to stop but the calls kept coming.
When the fridge arrived, it looked like it was missing a drawer and we asked he delivery guy about it. He said it was not missing a drawer. The drawers could be moved around and so it just looked that way. We believed him until we went to a friend's house who had an identical fridge, but it had the missing drawer.
When we called Lowes they said we were out of luck and had to pay 158 dollars for the drawer because it was after 30 days. Despite several calls to Lowes we are stuck with a new fridge without a drawer. Ironically, this is why we purchased a new fridge in the first place, because our old fridge had a broken drawer and we are selling our home. So now we are out 1200 for the fridge and 158 for a drawer if we purchase it.
In addition I was embarrassed at work because the phone went off during my lecture, embarrassing me in front of my students when their bill collectors from India called me for at least the 20th time in a matter of two weeks asking for money they had already received.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor installers
- Reason of review:
- Problem with delivery
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Whirlpool 6X2Fhdxvb03 French Door Refrigerator
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Lowes sucks! I orderd and paid for two 55 packs of osb and two sliding doors online. I drove an hour to the nearest lowes and they wouldn't give me..."
- "On 10/22/2012 I was at the Lowe's store in Van Buren, Arkansas to purchase some tile for a bathroom project. There were several employees throughout the store congregating talking about..."
- "In the process of having hard wood floors installed by lowes when we 1st spoke I told them I was sure was water damage I was it would be take..."
- "BAD BREEDER EXPERIENCE 3D Retrievers - Labrador Retriever Breeder Conroe, TX Recently purchased a 3 year old Lab, who was stated to be in good health, with no known health..."
- "I purchased several cloth calendars from Family Dollar at Christmas time annually for years. They are they year in one cloth calendars with a string and a dowel rod to..."
- "I shopped in Emeryville California Ikea store and opted for home delivery service. This store is about 35 miles from my house in Dublin CA. Delivery was scheduled for 01/11/2016..."
- "i went to purebred breeders web site picked out a husky $1100 dollars they guaranteed the dogs health and said they knew the breeder for years very trustworthy ,,1 week..."
- "after a couple years the heater stopped heating and only put out sort of warm air. customer service sent out new bulbs and when i pulled out the old..."
- "I am also one of the victim of this Travel Agency name called Bombay Travels Inc (person name: Vijay Bakshi).. I am attaching the advertisement of the agency in a..."