Lowes - Ripped of and harrassed

283 of 2595 Lowes reviews

Update added by user Mar 24

called whirlpool and they said we are under warranty and are now sending a new drawer for free.Thank you Whirlpool.

Lowes was just trying to rip us off by making us pay (twice) for the shelf that they did not deliver.I will buy whirlpool again, but I will not step foot into Lowes.

Original review posted by user Mar 18

I bought a Whirlpool fridge from Lowes.I order to get an additional 5% off they convinced me to get a Lowes card.

The bill did not come so I called and they said they sent it but it was not delivered, so we made arrangements to pay online. Anyway, I started getting phone calls from a bill collector. Despite the fact that we resolved the issue with the store and then had to explain it several times to the bill collectors, who said the calls would stop, we continued getting calls three or ore times each day on our home phone and at work. We pleaded them to stop but the calls kept coming.

When the fridge arrived, it looked like it was missing a drawer and we asked he delivery guy about it. He said it was not missing a drawer. The drawers could be moved around and so it just looked that way. We believed him until we went to a friend's house who had an identical fridge, but it had the missing drawer.

When we called Lowes they said we were out of luck and had to pay 158 dollars for the drawer because it was after 30 days. Despite several calls to Lowes we are stuck with a new fridge without a drawer. Ironically, this is why we purchased a new fridge in the first place, because our old fridge had a broken drawer and we are selling our home. So now we are out 1200 for the fridge and 158 for a drawer if we purchase it.

In addition I was embarrassed at work because the phone went off during my lecture, embarrassing me in front of my students when their bill collectors from India called me for at least the 20th time in a matter of two weeks asking for money they had already received.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Poor installers

Reason of review:
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Whirlpool 6X2Fhdxvb03 French Door Refrigerator
Review category
Appliances and Electronics
review #812133 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Lowes? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
283 of 2595 Lowes reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 28 #1135340

If you thought you were missing a drawer why didn't you just stop in the store and look at the display? It amazes me at how people wait extended periods of time before they follow up on a problem. If you have a problem with an item you have delivered or purchase from any store let them know right away. If the product has been in your home for a month or longer who knows if the problem was there to start or was a problem you caused?

LadyScot

Mar 18 #1129503

Not getting a bill is not a good excuse to not pay. When you get a credit card, and use it, common sense tells you that in 30 days you owe the bill. You could have always gone online to lowes.com to set up your account to view and pay your bill.

Apr 03 #1138778

It's not Lowe's fault that you were being called by a bill collector. Lowe's cards are issued by a BANK, not by Lowe's Corporation.
Also, I think they were right to deny your claim after 30 days. I don't care what the delivery person said, if you think there's something wrong with your product, make your concerns known BEFORE the store warranty expires.
You're kind of a dumb ***.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.