Update by user Jun 21, 2012

I just went back to Lowe\'s today to pick up my mower that was not fixed and they traded it out for a bran new one !!!!!

Update by user Jun 16, 2012

Saturday June 16th 2012

To whom it my concern hopefully a lot of people, I have been nothing but a loyal and great costumer of Lowes you can ask anyone or just come by and look at my yard most or all of my plant s and anything doing with my yard has come from Lowes. Until recently I have not had an issue with them. But now all *** has broken loose! I was mowing on May the 18th 2012 and in the middle of the yard the mower cuts off. so the first thing I do is go get my husband and roommate and we look under the hood to see if we see anything wrong or leaking then we check the gas and oil like any other person would do. Witch was good because we changed the oil in the mower to weeks prior. The mower would not even turn over. So I went to Lowes to take the mower back to send it off to be repaired Because I pursed it in May 2011and it came with a 2 year warranty I seen that I would have no issues but I was wrong again ! They said they could not have it on their grounds without a receipt so I called that day in the store and ordered a receipt so that I could send my mower off to be fixed. So I thought. I stayed on the phone at the store for over a hour talking to costumer service and ordered a receipt. I still have no repict I have called back multiple times witch I have talked with multiple people witch said that I that I not requested one so I request one again. Customer service said they can pull up my name and see where I have bought the mower. So why can’t Lowes see that I have no idea? Yet again they say it will take them a week to receive the receipt because they have to go back in there system a year. Which was ok I waited on the receipt and I am still waiting on the receipt It! Almost 2months now, So I took the mower back two weeks ago and they lady at the counter this time since I had all info on the mower that she would send it off for me without my receipt ! I told her the mower has gas in it so she sent it back to the back to be emptyed , I got a message this week saying that I have to pay 843.00 to fix the mower ? My question is why should I have to pay anything when the mower is still under the warranty that it came with and it. So I called the number they left and talked to some one and they are saying it has no oil in the mower. The funny thing is a mower will not run without even a woman knows that I am not that ***. I was mowing when it cut off. So my thought now is when we took the mower back almost 3 weeks ago now is that the only thing they emptied was the gas? Or is it because the mower is in a woman’s name that they think that I am not smart enough to figure out they are trying to screw me over? So you will never see me again at Lowes unless I am picking up my mower that they refuse to fix and are sending back as we speak.

Thanks you for your time

Jennifer S Cork

Original review posted by user Jun 16, 2012

Saturday June 16th 2012

To whom it my consern hopefully alot of people, I have been nothing but a loyal and grat costmer of lowes you can ask anyone or jsut come by and look at my yard most or all of my plant s and anything doing with my yard has come from lowes. untill resently i have not had a issue with them. But now all *** has broke loose ! I was mowing on May the 18th 2012 and in the middle of the yard the mower cuts off . so the first thing i do is go get my husbend and roomate and we look under the hood to see if we see anything rong or leeking then we check the gas and oil like any other person would do. Witch was good because we changed the oil in the mower to weeks prior. The mower would not even turn over. So i went to Lowes to take the mower back to send it off to be repaird Becouse i pursed it in May 2011and it came with a 2 year warrenty i seen that i would have no issures but i was rong agian ! they said they could not have it on there grounds without a recipet so i called that day in the store and orederd a recipt so that i could send my mower off to be fixed . so i thought . I stayed on the phone at the store for over a hour talking to costumer servie and oreded a recipet. I still have no repict I have called back mulitpule times witch i have talked with multiple people witch said that i that i not requesed one so i request one agin . Custmer service said thay can pull up my name and see wehre i have bought the mower. So why cant lowes see that i have no idea ? Yet agian they say it will take them a week to recive the recipt Because they have to go back in there system a year . Wich was ok i waited on the recipt and i am still watighting on the recipt It ! Almost 2months now, So i took the mower back two weeks ago and they lady at the counter this time since i had all info on the mower that she would send it off for me without my recipt ! I told her the mower has gas in it so she sent it back to the back to emptyed , I got a message this week saying that i ahve to pay 843.00 to fix the mower ? My question is why should i have to pay anything when the mower is still under the warrenty that it came with and it. So i called the number they left and talked to some one and they are saying it has no oil in the mower. The funny thing is a mower will not run with out even a woman knows that i am not that *** . I was mowing when it cut off . So my thought now is when we took the mower back almsot 3 weeks ago now is that the only thing they emptyed was the gas? or is it becouse the mower is in a womans name that they think that i am not smart enought to figure out they are tryign to screw me over ? So you will never see me agian at lowes unless i am picking up my mower that they refuse to fix and are sending back as we speek .

Thanks you for your time

Jennifer S Cork

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jun 16, 2012.

Comments

There are a few different issues with this that I can try to answer. The corporate office was wrong to not provide you with your receipt in a reasonable amount of time and possibly lied about you not requesting the receipt.

Despite what the other comments have said, you were right to contact Lowes because any warranty work is usually handled using Lowes as a go between.

As the other comments stated, if the oil change was not done correctly then damage to the engine could have occurred and that would not be covered by warranty. I agree that Lowes did fail in providing the receipt in a timely manner but the cost of repair is legitimate.

Come on lady... really?

Seriously... REALLY?? You didn't maintain your mower and a year later you bring it back to the store without a receipt for them to deal with the manufacturer's warranty for you.

I'd be too embarrassed to tell a friend that, and you publish it on the web? Hope Jennifer Cork is a bogus name for your sake.

the reason it shut off while mowing was likely a low oil sensor second if when you changed the oil you did not tighten the drain properly it is very likely that it is blown up from lack of oil which is why you should have had a warranty certified tech service or shop do oil changes while in warranty which would have left them liable and also if you had purchased the extended service /potection plan this would be covered however with a manufacturers warranty only defects in material and workmanship are covered and oil being underfilled or left out and or allowed to leak out due to matinence practices are not covered

First of all, were you drunk when you wrote this? Seems like.

Secondly, the two year warranty is NOT through Lowe's...it's through the manufacturer. Finally, with the apparent knowledge that's flowing from you, it seems like you are the reason the mower is messed up...it's probably out of gas or oil.