In april of 2018 we had a new roof installed through Lowes. It started with a leak around the Chimney. An inspection indicated that it was either the flashing or the area immediately around the flashing. Since the roof was old it was hard to tell.

We had several contractors come out and look which is where we got that information. We were told that the roof needed replacing anyway but that once they started doing that they could see if the flashing needed to be replaced as well. We had several bidders and Lowe's "won" the bid, mainly due to their 0 percent financing for x amount of months deal.

The lowes inspector/sales person also stated, when I asked about the flashing, that the contractors would inspect the flashing when they replaced the roof and if it needed to be replaced they would do so.

Today, February 11th 2019, less than a year later, the roof is leaking again in the same spot. Only this time it is worse and it seems that they did not replace the flashing.

I called the 888-516-1010 number given to me by lowes and was told that they would "try" to contact the contractor they hired and see if they could come out and look at it some time. Since it was raining and has been off and on for several days now I explained that the longer the leak was there the more damage it was causing to the ceiling of the house. The service rep replied that they had no control over the contractor so all they could do was try to contact them and see what the contractor wanted to do.

This is ridiculous. I didn't hire the contractor I hired Lowe's. They need to accept responsibility and get this problem fixed as soon as possible.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Roofing.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

You hit it on the head. YOU didn't hire the contractor.

You let someone else hire a cut rate contractor and mark up their price to make a profit. You are always better off hiring your own contractor so you can research exactly who you are dealing with.